Planning to Mod a Large Theme Game

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Planning to Mod a Large Theme Game

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Wake »

I'd like to start on this, but I don't know where to begin or which member I should contact about this.

I've just completed my 1st Large Normal game, and I believe I'm cleared to start modding Large Themes with 21+ players. I also have over six years' experience modding Mafia games offsite.

The problem is that, in spite of some of the players saying I did a darn good job modding, one said I won't be able to mod a 28-player Large theme game because I, supposedly, don't have the "rep" to do it, even though I have the experience to run any game out there, no matter how big/small, simplistic or complex. I already have 7 pre-ins and haven't posted the Signup thread yet.

Is there some sort of 'rep' function that tells people what kind of Large Theme games people with 1 LN under the belt are allowed to run? I remember checking the Wiki on Modding Requirements, and that I can run a game with 21+ players once I successfully complete my first onsite Large Normal.

May a member of Staff please clarify this and point me in the right direction?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by N »

Good luck
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by chamber »

There is no rep system. They meant that finding 28 players willing to play your game will be too challenging. Which may or may not be true.
Taking a break from the site.
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by Wake »

In post 1, N wrote:Good luck

Thank you.

In post 2, chamber wrote:There is no rep system. They meant that finding 28 players willing to play your game will be too challenging. Which may or may not be true.

It's not. I successfully lead the creation of a bastion for Mafia on another forum.

Finding players, with the way I mod my games, won't be difficult. I already have multiple pre-ins, haven't even posted the Signup thread, and can always invite players via PM, too. This includes players from said bastion. I could bring the number up to 34 with 5 backups, but I don't know if there may be someone who would say no to that.

Do I need to have my LT game reviewed/approved by someone? I was told Zoraster was the Listmod for Large Themes, but I checked the Forum Leaders page and didn't find that out.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by chamber »

He is. You can find his sign-up process in his queue in the queue forum.
Taking a break from the site.
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Wake »

Thank you very much Chamber. I'll check with him on this soon.

Return to “Solved Requests”