Am I doing something wrong?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
TOWNIE247
TOWNIE247
Townie
TOWNIE247
Townie
Townie

Am I doing something wrong?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:49 am

Post by TOWNIE247 »

I've signed up for almost a week now but nothing has happened. Am I doing something wrong? In an effort to get in a game I've signed up for all queues I am hoping one sticks. Really excited to play. If I can do something to improve my chances of getting a game please advice.

Thank you all in advance!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Aristophanes »

All you have to do is /in for a game, as I see you have done.

However, there are some restrictions to it.

For instance, in most queues, you have to specify the game you are joining.

For some (Norman queue for example) you can specify that you are going for the current Mini, Large, etc that are in signups there (ex. /in mini)

In most other queues, specify either the game number, game name, or mod of the game for which you are signing up. (ex. /in Nether's game | /in 628 | /in Star Wars)

In the replacements queue, usually you should PM the mod in order to be a replacement.
Just let them know you are interested in being a replacement for their game and they'll get back to you.

Oh, and Larges get their own signup topics, so saying "/in" in the Large queue does nothing for you.

Hope that helps Townie! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TOWNIE247
TOWNIE247
Townie
TOWNIE247
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:31 am

Post by TOWNIE247 »

Ty aristo I signed up for Newbie queue but it's been days, idk if I'm doing something wrong or if it's common for games to take a while to begin? Please advise if you can, thanks!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2, TOWNIE247 wrote:Ty aristo I signed up for Newbie queue but it's been days, idk if I'm doing something wrong or if it's common for games to take a while to begin? Please advise if you can, thanks!
No problem!

I just checked out the Newbie queue and it appears the game should start soon.
It can sometimes take a little bit for a game to start, either because it hasn't filled, the Game Mod hasn't gotten permissions to open the thread yet, or the List Mod is V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access) as it appears the current List Mod for the Newbies is.

I would expect it to start relatively soon though.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:09 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 2, TOWNIE247 wrote:Ty aristo I signed up for Newbie queue but it's been days, idk if I'm doing something wrong or if it's common for games to take a while to begin? Please advise if you can, thanks!

Mina quoted and responded to your post in the Newbie Queue thread
To be clear: quack
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Another option, if you want to start playing a game immediately, is to check out the Replacement Thread. This is a thread where you can sign up to replace players in ongoing games that have dropped out of the game.

I see you already found it, lol. Nevermind. Good luck, buddy.
TOWNIE247
TOWNIE247
Townie
TOWNIE247
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by TOWNIE247 »

Thanks all!

Return to “Solved Requests”