Site Chat Issue

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Site Chat Issue

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:23 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Hey! I'm having a slight issue getting site chat to work. It's displaying a red icon with an exclamation mark and I cannot send messages (I'll type a message in, hit enter, and then nothing). It is showing as no users online and I can't even join the Lobby. I have deleted board cookies, erased my browser cookies and other plug-in data, and tried manually refreshing. I've disabled and enabled site chat via the UCP and still nothing.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:49 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Apparently it works now!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by vonflare »

are you using safari?

Sitechat is highly unreliable in safari.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Trying site chat for the first time ever on Chrome tonight. Clearing all my cookies has gotten me as far as being able to see the windows for the lobby and user lists (and sometimes it lets me see the different rooms list) and it seems to be updating the list of online users properly but I keep seeing a red exclamation point and can't see any messages in the lobby.

Edit: It's actually working well enough on Puffin browser on mobile, so the issue must be something on my PC.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 3:27 am

Post by CooLDoG »

cleared everything. For some reason doesn't work. I can view messages, just can't post at all. Tried multiple browsers.
after a wank.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:02 am

Post by mykonian »

Second that, heard from more with the same issue today. We might need to light the Kison signal.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 3, Alchemist21 wrote:It's actually working well enough on Puffin browser on mobile, so the issue must be something on my PC.
Tried this on a completely different PC today (it's older, runs on XP or Vista). Didn't work at all on internet explorer. On Google Chrome the lobby showed up blank, I clicked load more messages and I'm only seeing stuff from 5:30 AM when it's 1:30 PM, and I can't enter any messages in the chat.

The really odd thing about the 5:30 thing is that when I loaded them, I saw most recent messages all from exactly 5:30, then minimized the lobby tab. It glowed orange to indicate new messages so I checked, and it had updated with "new" messages from exactly 5:31.

Update: I just completely closed the Lobby tab and clicked "Join Room" from the site chat window, and it did everything in the above paragraph exactly as it did before.

Return to “Solved Requests”