Site undergoing intermittent periods of slow loading

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Site undergoing intermittent periods of slow loading

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:21 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Sometimes when I try to access the site (e.g. yesterday evening), the page loads as far as the title, and then hangs. No more of the page loads, and eventually the browser normally times out. (Sometimes if I wait several minutes, the page loads eventually.) This makes the site almost unusable, and has caused me to miss votecounts and the like in the past (which is why I went around recruiting backup moderators for all my games recently, in case I end up unable to lod the site at all).

The issue seems to be per-HTTP-request; sometimes the page itself loads fine, but the CSS, or some of the images, fail to load.
The issue doesn't seem to be connected with my account; it happens even when on a different browser and even when logged out.
The issue seems to be related to receiving data, rather than sending it; if I try to post a post and the site freezes as a consequence of the resulting page load, my post nonetheless goes through.
The issue seems to be connected to mafiascum.net in particular; I can load other sites fine while this one is freezing.

Is this happening to people generally, or just me? Either way, any ideas as to what might be causing it?
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm getting times when the page will load partially and take a while to fully load.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by zakk »

Took forever for me the other day too
permanently retired

see here for more info

Return to “Solved Requests”