Wiki Access

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Wiki Access

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:44 am

Post by ConnorJC »

I appear not to be able to login to the wiki. From my understanding I should be able to login with my username and password for the forum. My account clearly exists, as I get the bad password message instead of the invalid username message. Is there some sort of restriction on wiki accounts I don't know about (Like account age or usergroup membership)?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Kison »

After experimenting a bit, it seems mediawiki does not like these characters in passwords:
&"><

The following all work:
[]{};.,!@#$%_+/()*'=-~:=-~\|`?

Since the wiki uses phpBB to authenticate, there's a bit of a discrepancy between username and password requirements. I'd try to change your password and see if you are able to get in after that.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

OK thanks. I'm using a randomly generated password, so it contains most special characters on the keyboard. I'll change to something without those characters.

Side note: The passwords are hashed, right? So mediawiki is just outright rejecting passwords with those characters before actually hashing them?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Kison »

I'd have to dig into it but considering which characters don't work I suspect they are URL encoding or simply stripped from the input. The passwords aren't store in plaintext.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:16 am

Post by zakk »

Oh thank God. I was about to give MS a huge ass sideways glance
permanently retired

see here for more info

Return to “Solved Requests”