Issues with the new SSL cert

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Issues with the new SSL cert

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Hello, I am able to reach mafia scum website just fine from home.

When I am at work I can reach it using any mobile device while on the work wifi

On my work PC, with all browsers, when I try to go to mafiascum I instead get a file called download.gz from what I googled it has something to do with my work pc not liking the new ssl cert. I didn't have this problem at work until recently so it make sense. Anyone got an Idea on how to fix this? Is there some setting I can use to get around this sort of thing?

I can tell my work wi-fi didn't start blocking mafiascum since I can access the site just fine on any mobile device with the wi-fi on.

Thoughts?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:56 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Which browser do you use on your work computer?

Can you try accessing MafiaScum with no extensions/plugins/etc loaded?
Want to help with site development? PM Kison
Want to test new features? https://forum.staging.mafiascum.net (Probably still want to PM Kison)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Tried every browser at work. Chrome browser downloads file instantly
Fire fox one gives error relating to cert and then downloads that file

Kison said he will help me trouble shoot problem tonight via PM. I can access my work computer fro home via remote desktop. Home computer will be on site talking to him as we work through issues my work pc is having
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ever spend an hour with Kison trouble shooting an issue with the site? I just did. Still trying to figure it out. If we find a solution one of us will post it on off chance anyone else gets the issue and needs help. Its a good thing I at least got one OK machine or I would have assumed the Site crashed again. TIGERS!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

There are still some issue going on. I was able to message Kison and make 1 post this morning but after that the problem began to reoccur so Kison''s fix to the cert name did not hold. To my knowledge nothing has changed on my end so not sure where to go from here unless Kison wanted to turn the cert off completely which I am sure he does not want to do. Maybe getting 3 certs one named for site one named for wiki one named for forum. Not sure what else can be tried
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:14 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Separate cert for each subdomain is probably the best idea. There's no harm in doing it anyways, and it's likely slightly more secure than one for all.
Want to test new features? https://forum.staging.mafiascum.net (Probably still want to PM Kison)
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:17 am

Post by ConnorJC »

@PokerFace has this always happened on HTTPS (aka you've never been able to successfully visit MS over HTTPS at work)?

Also, can you visit normal HTTPS sites?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:35 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Was this ever resolved?

If not, please send a dump of the response headers from a failed request.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Talk to Kison if you want to understand my problem. He likely understands it better than me at this point.

The best way I can describe it is as follows. When Mafiascum did not have a cert, when it was reachable by http and not https, there was no issue.

Mafiscum didn't have a cert until recently, see Kison's recent announcement thread. When it got a cert is when I started having problems. My workplace PC/internet is inserting its own cert in place of MS's because it does not like the MS cert for some reason. I basically can't use the PC or MAC at my work place to access Mafiascum.

Until the issue gets solved, consider me on permanent V/la weekdays 7am-6pm

Luckily I am not in any games right now. Sadly though there were some games I was planning on modding in the near future. I am taking applications for co-mods since I may need some help to run these games now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

When MS went to https my work place did not like its particular cert authority

My Work place has been found to change how they handle secure sites every 6 months. Back in September Kison and I did some more trouble shooting but no luck.

I was planning to do some more trouble shooting with Kison after I accessed the February 20 changes that were made this year. However it seems more trouble shooting is not going to be needed. The changes my work place made this year have allowed it to recognize mafiascum's cert correctly now. as I result, I can access the mafiascum website from my pc again.

Also given the ms cert history from kison, and the records I have of my workplaces changes, I believe I have a solution to the problem should the issue reoccur

TLDR, I'm back at full capacity :) Should anyone every come across a similar problem, reach out to kison and or me, and I may have a solution for you.

Return to “Solved Requests”