auto-unlock thread at a certain time?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

auto-unlock thread at a certain time?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:00 am

Post by xyzzy »

it's possible to set threads that you have lock/unlock powers for to lock at a specific time for things like deadlines -- is there a way I can do the opposite? I want to be able to lock a thread and be able to set it to unlock automatically at a certain time. is there no way to do this?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:55 am

Post by Kison »

The feature currently only works for locking, but we can add unlocking in once we complete the board upgrade.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:18 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Do you have anything in mind besides mafia games? Maybe Night-only PTs could use this but I think game threads should stick with a manual unlock.
To be clear: quack
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:41 am

Post by xyzzy »

I actually had this in mind for a game I'm about to run where I don't want the game to be biased in favor of people who are generally awake at the same time as me and to ensure that players know precisely when each day will begin -- the game features an overall deadline for the whole game as opposed to having deadlines for each day, and I want to avoid a scenario where the day starts with only a few hours left on that deadline, because then players could lose solely because they were asleep when the day began.

I have a few other options for how to try to eliminate this problem, but I was hoping this feature secretly existed somewhere so I could stagger when each day starts by a few hours (so, say, the first day starts at 10 AM in my timezone, the second starts at 2 PM, the third starts at 6 PM, and so on) even if I'm not around to do the actual unlocking.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Kison »

Seems like you'd want the ability to submit a day-opening post along with unlocking.

Return to “Solved Requests”