Falsely Banned

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Loki
Loki
Townie
Loki
Townie
Townie

Falsely Banned

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:59 am

Post by Loki »

I've been unjustly permanently banned from this website. I've tried being reasonable and have messaged Zoraster to try and get this sorted. Instead, his stubbornness has led to him ignoring me instead. I signed up to this site about three months ago and tried signing up for a Newbie game. This proved difficult and I was rejected from signing up as I had a couple of accounts from years ago. One from 2017, another from 2014 and another from 2012. These accounts were barely used. Actually, the only account ever activated was the one from 2017. I had always been a casual Mafia player, playing games such as Epicmafia, Town of Salem & Starcraft II Mafia. I never got around to actually playing on these accounts as I signed up to this site and then got distracted with life, as we all do.

The thing that really annoys me is that I was banned when I hadn't actually broken any rules. I was found to have a few alt accounts from years ago and was refused entry into a game because of it. I was completely oblivious to this. Yes, I remember signing up to this site years ago, but had absolutely no idea what my old accounts were. But when I came on this year my only intention was to learn the game, engage with the community and eventually host my own games.

Anyway, so I made a controversial post about a certain Moderator in this same section. It was about a Moderator who was making it very difficult and creating too much of a hassle, when all I wanted to do was play a game. I didn't break any rules when I made this post. But Untrod Tripod comes along and just straight up bans me. I'm not given a chance, I'm not warned or anything. Just says I've been banned for being "the alt of a banned user" when I'm pretty certain I was never banned. So I sent a simple ban appeal to Zoraster. It was short, but I said all I needed to. I was told that my attitude is bad and that I will make this site worse he was not gonna unban me. I sent a reply and defended myself. I wasn't rude to Zoraster in anyway and I made a lot of sense in what I was saying. But admins are stubborn. We can't deny this. Admins have a false sense of power that they lack in real life and won't listen to reason, no matter how rational you sound. If only I had access to my old account, so I could share the private messages and let you guys judge for yourselves.

An admin by the name of Untrod Tripod banned me permanently. This is a Moderator who has recently resigned for being an embarrassment to the other Moderators and the community. I tried to message him and get it sorted with him first, but he's a coward and cannot deal with things himself so instead he sent me to his lapdog (Zoraster) who is literally the most stubborn person I've ever talked to.

Now, I never wanted to take it this far and make a public post. But I believe these admins are screwing me around an wasting my time on purpose. I received a Discord message from a Moderator by the name of Pine on March the 26th. He said "Hi, I’m Pine! I’m a Discussion Moderator for MafiaScum. As we have not yet had any interaction on the topic, I will be handling your case.
I'm aware of bad interactions you've had with other mods, but I'll be looking at things with a fresh set of eyes.
So first things first - what outcome would you like here?" so I replied "Hi Pine. I would like to be unbanned and giving a fair chance to play on Mafiascum, which so far has been impossible to do.
And I strongly believe I was unjustly banned and that Zoraster didn't handle my ban appeal fairly"
Never ever got a response but for some reason hes kept me added as a friend

You can give me hate for ban evasion all you want. But is ban evasion really a crime when the ban is unjust? Is ban evasion really a crime when the ban was completely unjust and uncalled for? Just like an innocent sentenced to prison who breaks out or stealing something that was stolen off you. I wouldn't consider these crimes at all.

I've been waiting for a well over a month now. I've appealed to the admin Zoraster, but no matter what I say or how I defend myself he doesn't listen. I was nice and explained myself and defended myself as best as possible, but nothing would tick for this guy, so I had to go all lawyer on him and still nothing. Just blatantly ignored, no matter what I said. This is not how an admin should be dealing with people. An admin should NEVER ignore a person. Zoraster ignoring me just proves he has no valid response and he knows that I'm right in some ways, he's just too stubborn to admit it. What's the point in ban appeals if he's not gonna grant any. I believe this website needs someone else to handle its ban appeals.

I've done everything to try and reason with Zoroaster, but some people just can't listen to reason no matter what you say. If you're not gonna appeal any reports Zoraster you shouldn't be in charge of handling appeals. I didn't break any bloody rules. Untrod had no reason to ban me. You don't like my attitude?? cool, we can't like everyone we encounter online. Not a good reason to deny my appeal, completely pathetic reason.

Reasons I should be unbanned

-Every new player has a right to feel welcomed
-Everyone has a right to speak, freedom of speech after all
-I've been suppressed multiple times when all I've tried to do is stick up for myself and my rights.
-A moderator messaged me on Discord creating false hope and pretending that he would get my ban sorted.
-I shouldn't be judged on an account that was last used 4 years ago
-People can change
-A moderator banned me for no reason whilst another admin was helping me sort my account at the same time
-The moderator that banned me had no reason to
-The moderator that banned me is an embarrassment to the moderator community
-The moderator that banned me doesn't have the balls to fight his own battles and defend himself.
-Everyone deserves to be giving a 2nd chance
-Didn't break any rules

Reasons I shouldn't be unbanned

-Zoraster doesn't like my attitude.
-I'm controversial
-I stick up for my rights
-I was immature when I was a teenager, over 4 years ago
-Zoraster ignores people
Last edited by Loki on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Nexus »

Guess who’s back. Back again. Shady’s back. Tell a friend.
Trans rights are human rights.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 0, Loki wrote:he sent me to his lapdog (Zoraster)
oh shit, they're onto me
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Ythan »

I thought I posted in here
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Ythan »

For real though nobody took Loki in twenty years?
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Cook »

wow it's almost been twenty years
Loki
Loki
Townie
Loki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Post by Loki »

Ok, so I've noticed this account and my IPADDRESS has been unbanned. I didn't see any notice about this but thank you to whoever did it. Can a moderator please let me know if this is permanent and not just a troll?
In post 2, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 0, Loki wrote:he sent me to his lapdog (Zoraster)
oh shit, they're onto me
So you find this funny? The fact that you ban someone for no reason other than having a few accounts from 4 years ago (only 1 which was ever used) which like I explained originally I didn't entirely remember making. Not everyone is perfect, life is more important than some website and I shouldn't have been held to ransom and judged from an account I made when I was a teenager. Moderators banning people like that shouldn't be tolerated and the fact that the admin handling appeals didn't unban me for the sole reason of he didn't like my attitude is appealing. Sure, I don't always have a great attitude, but if someone is rude ill be rude back. I don't think believe theres any rule against having a bad attitude.
In post 3, Ythan wrote:I thought I posted in here
You did, but someone was staying online to delete my posts.
Passionfruit
Passionfruit
Watcher
Passionfruit
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by Passionfruit »

So after I was unbanned, right after I made this post here ^^^^^^^ I was instantly banned again and my IP was suspended. I've just noticed that my IP has been unbanned, but my account is still deactivated. Is someone trolling? I'm after a simple answer, am I unbanned or not?

It seems there is no justice here. Seeing as when I'm trying to handle my appeal a Moderator replies with this: https://ibb.co/b7KK1Zj
Firstly, I'm not taking responsibility for shit when I've been fucked around for three months and mistreated by the admin team. Secondly, making someone wait a few years is absurd, especially when I haven't done anything wrong for me to have to wait that long.

About a month ago (which was still about a month after I had been banned), I had an admin message me on discord pretending he would help me sort my account. Screenshot here: https://ibb.co/rF5Tq53 A month later and he still hasn't replied. Then I've had this other moderator (PenquinPower) who has a weird grudge against me and has been constantly suppressing me and stop me from being able to access this site. I

All I asked for in the first place was to be unbanned. Simple, really fucking simple. I asked nicely at first, it got ignored, so I pleaded my case and that got ignored. I had a moderator contact me on discord, i responded, he ignored, I waited a month for him to reply. So after being pissed around so long, I had to make this post.

I haven't harmed anyone here or done anything immoral, but yet I've been treated like a criminal by the Mod team. Instead of even giving me a chance to play one game here, I'm instantly banned for the smallest reason and Zoraster is way too stubborn to listen to reason or approve my appeal (even though I made a darn good case).
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:04 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Yes you are still a criminal.

You're still ban evading.

Doesn't matter what the ban was for, there was a proper way to deal with it. You didn't.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:16 am

Post by T-Bone »

Hi, you're banned. Please stop making new accounts to evade the ban. This is a private website, you are not owed anything beyond what has already been communicated to you. I hope this post clears that up if you decide to ban evade again. I'll also be locking this topic.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
SnoopDogg
SnoopDogg
Watcher
SnoopDogg
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by SnoopDogg »

I've been unjustly permanently banned from this website. I've tried being reasonable and have messaged Zoraster to try and get this sorted. Instead, his stubbornness has led to him ignoring me instead. I signed up to this site about three months ago and tried signing up for a Newbie game. This proved difficult and I was rejected from signing up as I had a couple of accounts from years ago. One from 2017, another from 2014 and another from 2012. These accounts were barely used. Actually, the only account ever activated was the one from 2017. I had always been a casual Mafia player, playing games such as Epicmafia, Town of Salem & Starcraft II Mafia. I never got around to playing on these accounts as I signed up to this site and then got distracted with life, as we do.

The thing that really annoys me is that I was banned when I hadn't actually broken any rules. I was found to have a few alt accounts from years ago and was refused entry into a game because of it. I was completely oblivious to this. Yes, I remember signing up to this site years ago but had absolutely no idea what my old accounts were. But when I came on this year my only intention was to learn the game, engage with the community and eventually host my own games.

Anyway, so I made a controversial post about a certain Moderator in this same section. It was about a Moderator who was making it very difficult and creating too much of a hassle, when all I wanted to do was play a game. I didn't break any rules when I made this post. But Untrod Tripod comes along and just straight up bans me. I'm not given a chance, I'm not warned or anything. Just says I've been banned for being "the alt of a banned user" when I'm pretty certain I was never banned. So I sent a simple ban appeal to Zoraster. It was short, but I said all I needed to. I was told that my attitude is bad and that I will make this site worse he was not gonna unban me. I sent a reply and defended myself. I wasn't rude to Zoraster in any way and I made a lot of sense in what I was saying. But admins are stubborn. We can't deny this. Admins have a false sense of power that they lack in real life and won't listen to reason. If only I had access to my old account, so I could share the private messages and let you guys judge for yourselves.

An admin by the name of Untrod Tripod banned me permanently. This is a Moderator who has recently resigned for being an embarrassment to the other Moderators and the community. I tried to message him and get it sorted with him first, but he's a coward and cannot deal with things himself so instead he sent me to his lapdog (Zoraster) who is literally the most stubborn person I've ever talked to.

Now, I never wanted to take it this far and make a public post. But I believe these admins are screwing me around and wasting my time on purpose. I received a Discord message from a Moderator by the name of Pine on March the 26th. He said "Hi, I’m Pine! I’m a Discussion Moderator for MafiaScum. As we have not yet had any interaction on the topic, I will be handling your case.
I'm aware of bad interactions you've had with other mods, but I'll be looking at things with a fresh set of eyes.
So first things first - what outcome would you like here?" so I replied "Hi Pine. I would like to be unbanned and giving a fair chance to play on Mafiascum, which so far has been impossible to do.
And I strongly believe I was unjustly banned and that Zoraster didn't handle my ban appeal fairly"
Never ever got a response but for some reason he's kept me added as a friend

You can give me hate for ban evasion all you want. But is ban evasion really a crime when the ban is unjust? Is ban evasion really a crime when the ban was completely unjust and uncalled for? Just like an innocent sentenced to prison who breaks out or stealing something that was stolen off you. I wouldn't consider these crimes at all.

I've been waiting for well over a month now. I've appealed to the admin Zoraster, but no matter what I say or how I defend myself he doesn't listen. I was nice and explained myself and defended myself as best as possible, but nothing would tick for this guy, so I had to go all lawyer on him and still nothing. Just blatantly ignored, no matter what I said. This is not how an admin should be dealing with people. An admin should NEVER ignore a person. Zoraster ignoring me just proves he has no valid response and he knows that I'm right in some ways, he's just too stubborn to admit it. What's the point in ban appeals if he's not gonna grant any. I believe this website needs someone else to handle its ban appeals.

I've done everything to try and reason with Zoroaster, but some people just can't listen to reason no matter what you say. If you're not gonna appeal any reports Zoraster you shouldn't be in charge of handling appeals. I didn't break any bloody rules. Untrod had no reason to ban me. You don't like my attitude?? cool, we can't like everyone we encounter online. Not a good reason to deny my appeal, completely pathetic reason.

Reasons I should be unbanned
-Every new player has a right to feel welcomed
-Everyone has a right to speak, freedom of speech after all
-I've been suppressed multiple times when all I've tried to do is stick up for myself and my rights.
-A moderator messaged me on Discord creating false hoping pretending that he would get my ban sorted.
-I shouldn't be judged on an account that was last used 4 years ago
-People can change
-A moderator banned me for no reason whilst another admin was helping me sort my account at the same time
-The moderator that banned me had no reason to
-The moderator that banned me is an embarrassment to the moderator community
-The moderator that banned me doesn't have the balls to fight his own battles and defend himself.
-Everyone deserves to be giving a 2nd chance
-Didn't break any rules

Reasons I shouldn't be unbanned
-Zoraster doesn't like my attitude.
-I'm controversial
-I stick up for my rights
-I was immature when I was a teenager, over 4 years ago
-Zoraster ignores people
SnoopDogg
SnoopDogg
Watcher
SnoopDogg
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by SnoopDogg »

Responses to comments on previous thread.
Cheery Dog wrote:
Yes you are still a criminal.

You're still ban evading.

Doesn't matter what the ban was for, there was a proper way to deal with it. You didn't.
So even the members here don't seek justice and the opportunity to be giving a fair chance. I don't care if I'm ban evading right now. I could just as eaisly create an alt with a VPN, sign up to games and play here without anyone ever knowing who I am. But I would like to do this the honest way.

I shouldn't have been banned in the first place, so ban evasion in this situation isn't a crime.

And tell me now what was the proper way to deal with it? I followed the correct procedures... I submitted a ban appeal which got denied for no reason; then I elaborated further and plead my case; then I let it go for awhile; then I had a moderator message me on discord claiming he would help sort my account, he ignored me for a month; so the only thing I could do was make a post on the forums, seeing as I was heavily suppressed. so Because trust me I did deal with it the proper way but was ignored for 3 months, so I had to speak out.
T-Bone wrote: Hi, you're banned. Please stop making new accounts to evade the ban. This is a private website, you are not owed anything beyond what has already been communicated to you. I hope this post clears that up if you decide to ban evade again. I'll also be locking this topic.
I never said I was owed anything. I just asked to be unbanned but that seems to be the most difficult thing in the world to do. All Zoraster had to do was approve my appeal. I hadn't broken any rules, but because he didn't like my attitude he chooses to deny it. So what you don't like someones attitude? That isn't a justified reason to keep someone banned. I don't claim to have a good attitude, but I will be twice as rude to someone if they are rude to me, hence why I was so rude to PenquinPower and Uthrod.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Isis »

Merged threads
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Solved Requests”