Requesting private thread access

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Requesting private thread access

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I no longer have moderator usergroup privileges and was informed that I would regain them should I mod a new game but before I enter a game in the queue, I require access to both being able to create private thread topics to design games, then I also need editing privileges to advertise any game I wish to mod in the game advertising forum - all of this BEFORE I ever submit any game into any of the respective queues.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:16 am

Post by mastina »

^This, but for me.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:07 am

Post by lilith2013 »

As I said in response to your other thread:
In post 2, lilith2013 wrote:You can also reach out to the applicable listmod if you intend to enter a game into the queue in the near future but, for example, need to set up a review topic before that happens.
You need to talk to the listmod of the queue you intend to enter so they can add you to the game moderator group for their queue. Again, you can do this before you actually enter the queue if you need permissions to do things like create review topics. It probably also helps if you give a description of your game to show that you intend to enter the queue in the near future.

mastina, I had reached out to you several hours ago via PM with similar instructions. Let me know if either of you have further questions on this topic.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:13 am

Post by RH9 »

Lilith, by 'near future', do you mean in the next month?
If I plan to run an Open in mid-April, would asking S_S now be a terrible idea?
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:34 am

Post by lilith2013 »

If you need a private review topic, getting game mod permissions a month or two ahead seems reasonable (basically, you should be at or close to the point where your setup is complete and need it reviewed via PT when you request the permissions). By default, you'll receive game mod permissions when your game launches anyway, so you only need to specifically request permissions if you need them before your game launches, i.e. in order to set up a PT for a setup review.

For Opens, you don't need the permissions to create a private review topic because setups are publicly posted to the Open Setup subforum for discussion/review, so you'll receive game mod permissions when your game launches and you don't need to request it separately/ahead of time. If there's some other scenario where you do need to have private threads for some reason, you can reach out to request it.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:52 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 4, lilith2013 wrote:If you need a private review topic, getting game mod permissions a month or two ahead seems reasonable (basically, you should be at or close to the point where your setup is complete and need it reviewed via PT when you request the permissions). By default, you'll receive game mod permissions when your game launches anyway, so you only need to specifically request permissions if you need them before your game launches, i.e. in order to set up a PT for a setup review.

For Opens, you don't need the permissions to create a private review topic because setups are publicly posted to the Open Setup subforum for discussion/review, so you'll receive game mod permissions when your game launches and you don't need to request it separately/ahead of time. If there's some other scenario where you do need to have private threads for some reason, you can reach out to request it.
Thank you.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo

Return to “Solved Requests”