Micro 811: The more the Maria(R) Mafia! Game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:51 am

Post by DancingWisp »

Good afternoon MafiaScummers. Long-time lurker here, I finally ventured out of my home site and decided to play in MariaR's game here.

Say, this may seem a bit sudden but I'm going to claim my role, I believe this is in the benefit of the town:

First of all, I'm an
ascetic
- non-killing night actions will do nothing to me. I understand claims like this are viewed with skepticism, but it should seem more believable with the next part of my role:

I don't count towards
parity
- rather, I don't technically exist in this game, that's why only killing actions can effect me, and why I'm not listed in the opening post (I'm in this game though, rest assured)

With that out of the way, a quick look at the gamestate so far: I'm not seeing anything particularly indicative so far, I'm not a fan of voting randomly so I won't do it
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 am

Post by DancingWisp »

In post 19, Pine wrote:I will vote this as my top priority, period.
It's useless, I don't even count towards parity. I am curious why you were keeping your claim on the down low, I'm not sure mafia would counter me though
Kokichi Oma wrote:How are you not on the playerlist? Confused
It's my role
Kokichi Oma wrote:How often have people seen 2 ascetics in a game?
If it helps, me being ascetic is just a function of how the rest of my role works
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am

Post by DancingWisp »

In post 25, Pine wrote:PE4: @Dunn I think someone from another site might think it required, like Millers are required to claim.
Confused, doesn't this imply I'm ascetic and not a ninja? You seem to be pushing two separate narratives here.

Saying you don't buy the "treestump claim" is cute, but fairly provable for my part. Also, I suggest you stop claiming everything.

Maria probably won't be able to say anything about me, my stance is that the next vote count can clear things up
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by DancingWisp »

I don't really want to get stuck up on claims for too long, I buy that Pine is an ascetic. Also, save your anger at the mod for post-game, I'm sure things will make a lot more sense then. Until then, let's focus on scumhunting by play rather than mechanics (without fully understanding the setup, at that)

I noted Firebringer and GuyinFreezer checked in but didn't weigh in on current events

I've been thinking about post 29 from Flicker, while it initially struck me as off I think it's more likely to come from town as well. Definitely seeing a new player vibe - The wiki is great for role info, but information like "ascetic is meant to balance the game" is directed towards the moderator I feel, remember that the moderator created the game setup. Anyway, I initially thought this post was scummy because she creates a dichotomy in the claims, but I think she's reasonable enough
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by DancingWisp »

In post 35, Tazaro wrote:if cops, ascetics' being copped = ?
Curious where you were going with this, because you then drop it in your next post. I had assumed you would have said ascetic was a scummy claim after confirming that cops don't work against it.
Tazaro wrote:VOTE: NicoRobin
not going to wait for something to actually happen in this dbbang thread before voting
Why did you pick NicoRobin?
Tazaro wrote:q = another # ?
q = typo'd a
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by DancingWisp »

In post 54, Firebringer wrote:hey dancingwisp, how is life?
Doing good

In post 56, Flicker wrote:VOTE: Firebringer

If he wants to just chat with someone, there's lots of other places for that. I also don't like his naked vote - especially as his first post, when RVS hadn't been established - and the rest of his ISO now is pure fluff.
First part, is that scum indicative or do you just not like his playstyle?
Middle part, I don't know what you mean by RVS not being established - wasn't his first naked vote a part of RVS?
Last part, I agree his ISO isn't impressive

About the voting MariaR thing, I'm pretty sure it's not going to work, as reflected in the vote count.
In post 78, Chara wrote:
In post 33, Pine wrote:Serious vote mandatory for potentially bastard setup
i don't remember this being advertised as bastard. was it? :>
maybe i just play too many Varsoon games.

VOTE: Kokichi Oma
Why did you vote for Kokichi Oma?
In post 80, Firebringer wrote:
In post 77, Chara wrote:
In post 29, Flicker wrote:Regarding the two claims: I find it unlikely two people in this game would have the same role/modifier, unless possibly one is town and one is scum? According to the wiki, ascetic is meant to help balance a game, and I can see some logic in having one on each side.
about this, it's entirely possible. of course this is moot as they don't seem to have the same role at all, but there aren't any measures in place to prevent mods from designing games however they like.

in the absence of anything very conclusive, i kind of like Flicker for town.
this is such a bad townread from u also.
I think I showed a similar read earlier though:
In post 36, DancingWisp wrote:I've been thinking about post 29 from Flicker, while it initially struck me as off I think it's more likely to come from town as well. Definitely seeing a new player vibe - The wiki is great for role info, but information like "ascetic is meant to balance the game" is directed towards the moderator I feel, remember that the moderator created the game setup. Anyway, I initially thought this post was scummy because she creates a dichotomy in the claims, but I think she's reasonable enough
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:39 am

Post by DancingWisp »

Alright, so this is interesting. The whole Shot Stuff

Pine, voting Maria didn't do anything earlier

We need to move the game forward right now, some people need to come in and participate soon
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by DancingWisp »

In post 168, Pine wrote:Setup analysis suggests two Mafia and a possible third party, especially since the introduction of the surprise tenth player.

My guess right now is {Tazaro, Not_mafia*} and Dancing Wisp as most likely if there's a third party. I still want to lynch Maria.

VOTE: Maria

*He's in what I perceive to be his scum meta.
How so? I'd be willing to vote there if you have a compellign argument, the slot hasn't done anything all game
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by DancingWisp »

In post 215, OkaPoka wrote:@dancing wisp
what is your wincon
I'm aligned with the town

I am able to vote, yes, 6 votes is majority with 10, if there were 9 majority would be 5
DancingWisp
DancingWisp
Townie
DancingWisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by DancingWisp »

In post 229, OkaPoka wrote:how did u get into this game

do you know mariaR irl?
I was invited

Not irl, no, but from another site yes

Do you have any opinions on player alignments in this game?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”