Micro 862: Meme Review [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #309 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I haven't had a chance to meme properly yet so this is a placeholder.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #311 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 193, Alisae wrote:
ATTENTION, Gamers. The Following 1-shot ability has been given to everyone
In post 176, Alisae wrote:1-shot Go Read The Game - You must read the game and then post a 5 paragraph eassay about the game and what you read. This is used immediately.
This is applied immediately.
You must read the game then post a 5 paragraph essay about the game and about what you read.
Please do this immediately.

You have (expired on 2019-03-30 02:36:07) (48 hours) to do this.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #321 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 320, Alisae wrote:okay but I'm freezing deadline at 1 day, 22 hours, 45 minutes while I look for a replacement
Does this mean we get an essay deadline extension as well?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #325 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 322, Alisae wrote:THIS ISN'T FUNNY
Sorry I let you down. I was going for appropriate to the situation a little more than funny there, however I have noted your preference for future memery!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #326 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 324, vonflare wrote:hi there im replacing in

doot doot doot

am i doing this right
Oh no, the ultomate meme has arrived! We are all doomed!!!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #329 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I haven't even read an FB post yet and he's already gone! :sad:
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #333 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 332, Alisae wrote:btw fun fact
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=79232&ppp=200
you can use this url to catch up if you need to read up on teh game :]
<3 <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #341 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

The
Meme Review
micro game being run by Alisae is a perfect analogy for Forum Dot Mafia Scum Dot Net. It encapsulates the ideals of meme culture as presented by key members of the site, including their administration. The game displays well how different users interpret memery, fun, and game mechanics as well as being a view into the distinct flavor of meme which pleases Alisae. After first focusing on the general setup within which the game will is set, followed by a review of the sweeping beginning to the game, this review will focus heavily on the blurring of lines between good and evil present within this genre, as seen most specifically with the characterization of PenguinPower, supported by other examples within the framework of this specific thread within the first 193 pages of the game.

The first thing of note in this game is the moderator's posts and intentions. Alisae has only been on the site for 3 years, but they have made quite the impact on its development. But I am struck by their opening post in this game, which asks that the reader subscribe to pewdiepie. This, I take it, is a meme on the controversial Youtuber by that same name, and this is problematic. Alisae has had a staunch stance against bullying on the forums in the past, to the point that they were honoured with a title.2 This does become less of a problem when one realized it was removed, by request, as it did not suit their needs anymore3, but it is still a meme which is used frequently when dealing with Alisae and stands in stark contrast with the things pewdiepie is known for, including racial commentary4 one would never expect from Alisae. He is known to be proficient in controversial memes5, however, which is in like with expectations around Alisae. In continuing to read Alisae's posts I have realized that all memes are judged publicly and that is very interesting! The fact that out actions are public but scum's (if gained via their PT) are not intrigues me and may effect how I play this game. Someone made our poor mod feel bad at some point and will be avenged! This may be quick and painless, as Ant-Man exploding in Thanos' anus shall be6, but it may also be a slow suffering. Either way, it will occur.

In the first part of the game there is an awful lot of senseless memery. It is not surprising that this came from ZedZee7, as they are known among certain circles. This is clearly nothing indicative of their alignment as anyone could tell you they were well prepped for the unlocking of the page at game start. Their first meme displays this exact sentiment, in fact, and thus nullifies anything one might garner from their posts, other than the abilities they may gain from posting such an array of memes at once. The shotgun effect is an interesting approach which is likely only to be valid at the exact instance when it was utilized here. It is unlikely to work once there is content to react to, as such this was an effective use of the strategy and must be lauded.8 The first page had a couple of good memes and Alisae's prerequisite of being high when reviewing this game is again noted and reasonable. The "Platform 9 3/4" meme in particular was very impressive as J.K. Rowling has been known to stretch many things within her lore.9 One can only imagine what she might be stretching to this length.10 As is noted by Dr. Worm, ZedZee's posting declined in efficiency and lacked a clear direction by the second page, which is a rather unfortunate side-effect of the above mentioned shotgun effect.11 Dr. Worm's posting, however, left much to be desired as well as they appear to be using a weird extension which requires an external web browser for proper viewing. This will no doubt count against them if it continues. Wrecking Ball appears to share a similar problem but to a lesser extent. The two are being drowned out by ZedZee and by page the display becomes almost sad. PenguinPower makes a quick appearance displaying the quality over quantity approach, which is a nice change from the standard posting prior to this. He is likely to go very far in this game should he continue to display such calculated restraint in future chapters. In fact, In post 67 he displays the exact sentiments the reader is feeling at this point in the game. It is beautifully written. Specifically, it pinpoints a single instance of the cringeworthy attempts ZedZee is making while it is clearly talking about the thread in its entirely and the lack of attention that has been paid by the players to the importance of their posts.12 This may be a turning point in the game, though certain players have displayed in the past that they are unlikely to waver and may even double down in instances such as this.

After 3 straight pages of memes it finally stopped. Conversation began to return to the thread and players began displaying their opinions good and bad. PenguinPower has displayed himself as the main voice of reason and ZedZee the direct opposition. This rivalry will be an interesting development throughout the subsequent chapters of this game and while it is clear to the reader that PenguinPower if the "good guy" when it comes to the good of the thread, he is unlikely to become the protagonist of this story. It should be noted that none have appeared to fill this role as yet in the story leaving it open to interpretation by the reader. This is an intentional move by the author who has set out to blur the lines between the traditional interpretations of "good" and "bad".13 The setup of this staunch dichotomy is set up very clearly by Alisae in their initial choices when awarding abilities to players per their posted memes. They gave ZedZee, the implied villain, 4 abilities, some of which may prove quite powerful. In contrast to this, PenguinPower, the perceived "good guy," received negative-effect abilities. The choices made here are contrary to reader expectations, leading to some interesting theories about this game from the community at large. It is on pages 6 and 7, with the entrances of JunkoChan and Prince of Renais that it becomes clear PenguinPower will be the just antagonist of this story. They immediately attack the virtues of this character and accuse him of being most vile. Collusion with Dr. Worm is strongly implied as PenguinPower is suggested to be the first of the casualties in this game.14 JunkoChan stretches this far enough to cause PenguinPower a 1v1 threat against them. While both know that this may be bad for the game state, it is nonetheless a possibility with thought through consequences, unlike the plots of many preceding stories, like the classic Romeo and Juliet.14 JunkoChan attempts to take the high road15 but goes about it in an appeal to emotion, which greatly lessens the impact they sought. Prince of Renais displays this same dichotomy in a much more explicit way. Their reads list is troublesome despite their town claim, which includes the "Miller" extension. It is quite obvious here that the author has placed a miller in this story in order to blur these lines further. This claim is even more interesting when one considers it has been proven impossible that they could possess this modifier to their role at this juncture, leading to suspicions of dubious intent despite it being a claim made specifically for "good" town members.

The intentional blurring of lines between the traditional views of "good" and "bad" is a classic trope within the culture of Forum Dot MafiaScum Dot Net. This theme is explored with great ease by the players within the game
Meme Review
by Alisae, a shining example of the genre in its purest form. By taking on a role within the narrative Alisae is both a player and a moderator, which is an underexplored territory, leading to a far more intense implementation of this theme. While lofty to start, if one can get through the first 75 posts or so it eases up and becomes a well adjusted allegory for the unjust persecution in the world at large.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #342 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #344 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

@Alisae

Please note that there are embedded reference links within my essay. They will either take you to relevant memes or relevant posts, depending which is required in each instance. Please review said memes as well if you deem that to be acceptable.

Also, I followed standard rules, using Times New Roman font and included a proper introduction and conclusion.
As this assignment was sent in post 193, this essay contains only content up to that point, with the exception of the Author review, as the framework for the game is hugely important in setting the tone of it.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #345 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 343, PenguinPower wrote:Summary pls.
Tl;dr

There was too much meme spam and you are probably town. ZedZee is tryharding to look town so probably is scum, as well as one of Junko and Prince of Renais.

Also MS is an interesting blurring of the lines between good and evil and I actually enjoyed delving into that intellectually while
bullshitting
writing this essay!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #347 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 346, PenguinPower wrote:Cool.

I think Junko is scum which is why I tried to kill them. And will meme battle them before deadline.
I look forward to this! You were by far the best meme postedlr in the beginning half of this game (I am still catching up past that point) so I have no doubt you will crush it! :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #348 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Poster*
Meme poster**

Geez! I write a whole essay, proof read it, and ensure it both makes some sense and it not full of typos just to follow it up with this shit again!

At least I have shown it's carelessness not idiocy, right?

RIGHT!?!?!?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #350 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh ya! I can do things! XD

VOTE: Junko
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #353 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quality meming! Well done <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #355 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh, I'm caught up...

I missed literally nothing.

Neat.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #356 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 354, GuyInFreezer wrote:Oof

That means I did not do this correctly at all.
Hey!

I appreciate you goddammit! :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #371 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I have a literal meme stash prepared on my phone for this game and have yet to figure out how to easily upload them.

It will happen tho!
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #372 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:15 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 359, Alisae wrote:Tried to sleep
Couldn’t stay off my ipad
Read the essays
They didn’t disappoint.
But...I made an original argument and used peoper formatting and included meme links! What was my final grade?? :)

Well I mean, I guess I didn't die so there's that :P

Also, I argue thar Prince on Renais violated the original requirements in that they created a 6 paragraph essay, not a 5 paragraph essay. I could have greatly expanded on my thoughts had I thrown away that restriction and it is not right that they have been allowed to do so.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #373 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:21 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Me:
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #376 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 370, JunkoChan wrote:welll I lied, but my last post is 100% scum bait
So did it work? What did you glean from the posts which followed?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #378 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Aristophanes »

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #393 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 392, JunkoChan wrote:Real spoiler: I was not

*penguin doing cute things here"
He is always doing cute things!
Just look!

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #423 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:58 am

Post by Aristophanes »

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #432 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Alright so according to the wording of the ability I have to include a YuGiOh meme in every post until this day ends. I may post a little less because of this, but meh, I'm putting work into them at least :P

Uh, I do find ZedZee scummy and want to see them go next. The influx of memes at a new judge and the insistance that them getting all the powers is protown is dubious at best.

Worm seemed pretty alright but will put that on hold until replacement is found.
Uhh….yeah my thoughts are known otherwise so *shrugs*

Anyway, here's another meme because RIP EUROPE
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #434 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 433, Prince of Renais wrote:VOTE: Aristophanes

Idc if we're not really playing mafia but if we are this is obviously scum
Seriously?
I bet you don't even believe in the heart of the cards!
I mean I already think you may be scum so I don't care too much but what makes you say this??
Also we are playing Mafia...I just gave you some reads which support reads made prior to them in this game. Why not comment on them, or the ones I posted previously?

@Alisae/Jingle

Out of curiosity, do the guest judges also review those posted in the scum PT?

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #436 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I am supporting both my prior thoughts on ZedZee and letting the thread know I think they are dubious. They have showed themselves to have interesting choices throughout the game this far and seem to be trying to be too towny, as if overcompensating for their true alignment. Just because I want them gone next does not mean they will be, and I al okay with other lynches tomorrow depending on this flip. I don't see the flip changing my view on this specific slot though.

Perhaps we should put a focus on reads rather than memes next phase, because I do agree we are lacking in them.

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #480 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 479, Alisae wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAH I SLEPT IN ALL DAY :(
I think you sleep as much as I work and I'm somewhat jelly about this!

Out of curiosity
@Alisae

If we are awarded a power at the end of the phase does it become null immediately, is it usable during the night, and will it carry over to the next day if unused?
Like I'm talking final 48 hours or something.

- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #492 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

So fun fact, I deduced Renais' main via detective work this game but I'm not the kinda guy to out that
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #495 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 490, Alisae wrote:Ari's punishment for posting really bad memes is that he has to mod this next
lets pressure Ari into modding this shit

but for real if you don't want to push anyone to mod this, I get it.
But I made vonflare into a summoned skull!!!!

That was awesome, no?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #499 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 496, Alisae wrote:in fact
I will review the memes that were previously in the thread I really liked some of them

pedit: your on the way to great places Ari but it'll take a bit more work :]
<3 <3

Also speaking of, did you follow the hyperlinks in my essay? Just wondering.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #502 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #509 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 504, Alisae wrote:WHAT
I JUST CLICKED ON ONE
OKAY
XD XD

I have no clue which one haha

Some were literally just links to the game as arguments because I used it to create reads but some were legit memes and a couple were the title thread XD
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #510 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 507, Alisae wrote:dam
that was so high iq
I'm not even good enough to even be that deep of a memer
In post 508, Alisae wrote:shit
that was some deep memes
I wanna take that post and deep fry it
=D XD <3
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #519 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 514, RadiantCowbells wrote:nyeh

i'm /out i think

i'm out of memes i think
Out of memes!?!?

Uh....

Are you okay?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #523 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Hmm...can I mod one like, maybe after school is done for the year? That's like a week away! At that point I plan do release a flurry of games that I haven't worked on yet, including a few requested ones! =D
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #529 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 528, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:New site rules: All game mods must be high, no exceptions.
Ya def waiting until after school is out then...
- Jingle

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”