Micro 879: The Black Site [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Oh hey! Still catching up :oops:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:22 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

UNVOTE:
In post 15, shEll wrote:Scratch that
VOTE: Saudade
Waste of an rvs post, no vote no nothing, in a game with limited posts
Also gotta love everyone jumping on the spam bandwagon
This pinged me and I wanted to push on it initially but I then remembered we’re playing under the Geriatric ruleset.

Does anyone have any advice or tips here? I fall more into the hyper active crowd but I wanted to do a solid for the mod while also trying something new.
In post 21, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 19, duppin wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: shEll

# felt awkward to me. Not the fact that you voted on a player who wasn't in the game, but the whole "
Waste of an rvs post, no vote no nothing, in a game with limited posts
"
I am glad we can all agree that this is the lynch for today. see you guys d2
I like this post, it's a good post. I'll sheep this for now. VOTE: shell
TDC wrote:No lolhammering in this game, please.
VOTE: Rick&Morty. Never met someone with more than one head, whom I could trust.
This seems kinda weird though, I don't like it.
singletonking wrote:VOTE: duppin

For copying TrainDriver's reasoning into voting Spam
Also not a great post.
What’s there to like? Dup is stating what he doesn’t like without saying why and then sarcastically saying Shell is the lynch for today.

You don’t find it just a little bit weird that Dup voted you there?
In post 42, duppin wrote:I'm not really sure what to make of all these random questions, unless you guys are actually going somewhere with it?
Yeah outside of games with unique mechanics, I’m not a big fan of RQS. Discussing theory can be a pretty organic way of starting a dialogue, which will inevitably lead to arguments and suspicions. You also get the benefits of possibly crafting a strategy or sharing ideas or information that can boost the chances of town winning tremendously.
In post 54, shEll wrote:I planned on making a really big post today about my thoughts but I'm tired so I'll go look deeper and explain more tomorrow
Here's a few things
- rick & morty judging their reads on me based on my joke about being spam's partner is horrible reasoning to base a read off of but as scum it would make more sense for 2 heads to go for similar lynches. The contrast in their views is more likely 2 town players in the same slot.
- schiavetto's questions and gamesolving approach reasonably would be more town motivated and appear to push the town forward or attempt to.
- spam as I've expressed is the closest to an SR i have
because he's my mafia partner
because his posts have seemed fluffy and hard to find a clear town motive in them. It could just be his play style which is why I'm not super certain on it and will look into his meta
- uhhhh vote shell 2020 :cop:
I’ve never experienced hydra dissonance and I’ve only witnessed it once. It was very heated and ugly.

Have you ever watched Rick and Morty? What would your read have been on the slot if they had admitted that dissonance was part of their gimmick?
In post 66, NotMySpamAccount wrote:VOTE: Rick and Morty

Train is town, TDC probably is too. Bpth are making good arguments.
Why TDC? The picking at the partner thing didn’t feel like it accomplished anything and he doesn’t have any sound reasons for entertaining RQS.
In post 80, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
singletonking wrote:Ftr here’s my current reads lis:

Shell
Schiavetto, duppin
TDC
Spam, R&M
TrainDriver, Voyc

But with none of my reads being strong enough
lol this is pretty scummy ngl
Would be nice if you started elaborating.
In post 135, TDC wrote:Hmm,
I should probably revisit this with a fresher mind, but for now I'd like to move on.

VOTE: unvote
VOTE: Spam

As a general point, what do people who are suspicious of Oversoul feel about traindriver?

I kind of get why one would be inclined to dislike Oversouls play here, but I had a really good feeling about train..
I don’t. Could you give some insight? Outside of the sheer length of the wall post, I’m not seeing it.
In post 177, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Hi, we're town.
In post 74, singletonking wrote:
In post 69, duppin wrote:
In post 57, singletonking wrote: For now - I'm leaving my vote on duppin. I voted them early because they sheeped a vote that was shown to have bad reasoning
Uh what, is this actual a real read? Are you sincerely implying my rvs vote and the third post of the game should have good reasoning?
Oops - I was actually thinking of sheeping you onto Shell, but I realised that was actually by another player.
We believe this was a townslip by our predecessor. This kind of confusion comes from town, more often than scum. We were both happy to replace into this slot as we wanted to strictly play a town game.

With this out of the way, we'll discuss the rest of the game shortly.
I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
In post 255, Auro and Shoshin wrote:VOTE: TDC

Been a bit busy, will read and post more soon.

Teacher,
unsigned posts are made by both heads
. Signed posts are individual.

-Auro
The bolded feels annoying.
In post 304, TDC wrote:
In post 300, Auro and Shoshin wrote:My #1 priority in this game at the moment is getting Oversoul to explain why TDC is town. The more Oversoul delays this, the more I'm going to believe he's being dishonest about this.

-Shoshin
Amen.

I think you should lay out your thoughts on me, because my lynch is not going to happen otherwise, especially with Oversoul playing the way he is right now.

LUV: What's shaking?
Nice to see you again man!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:43 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 309, TDC wrote:LUV: I would characterize Oversouls play as relatively aggressive and the line between logically extending someone else's post to a conclusion and misrepresenting someone (see convo with Schiavetto) is very thin. I can see why people could sort him on either side, and maybe I'd also put him on the other side in a vacuum (without him having been traindriver before).

I assume the Amen you injected into my post was supposed to mean you are also interested in his town read on me?

I think it would be more productive to wagon me and to explain why I should be scum. With one naked vote on me, why should he go into his read if he thinks he has reasons to withhold it?
In post 310, TDC wrote:Also, what do you expect from questioning a player that has been replaced?
Yup.

As town, your job is to try to meet the rest of the town halfway as best as you can. I understand waiting until the pressure or growing concerns about you get more serious, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with giving us
some
insight into his thought process regarding how he determined his read on you why and why it’s so strong. The only reasoning I can think of at this time is that he’s trying to protect you from the night kill, but if you were obvious town, we wouldn’t be having this discussion in the first place.

Nothing. I just like getting my thoughts out there. I like to question or note things when catching up because if I don’t, my brain just turns to mush sometimes and I have trouble remembering what pinged me and what made me think someone was town.
In post 313, Voyc wrote:I rescind my comment on giving into the Spam wagon if deadline needs it
(Unless it like Really Needs It)
But I really would rather not
I liked spam, I like lmao, and whatever argument about the spam slot being inactive and unhelpful is blown by lmao

@lmao, Can you explain your townread on teacher?
@TDC, could you list the people you'd like to lynch today?

I'd like reads from LUV and Kop, or at least a clear version of where you two are standing rn
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The picking at the partner thing didn’t feel like it accomplished anything
Also what was this referring to? Can't remember something like that from TDC?
I’ll give reads later tonight as I’m only here briefly at the moment. The partner thing was in regards to Shell. Shell had called someone his partner and TDC inquired about it. I didn’t see a purpose to the inquiry because it was clearly a joke.
In post 315, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: LUV

That catchup was very underwhelming and full of filler.
A&S should be subject to a power role investigation because they are hard to read.

I will be here at deadline. TDC, are you currently physically located in Germany?
And this isn’t? Why is failing to impress you warrant a vote? It feels like you are looking for an excuse to vote me here because you already scum read my predecessor.
In post 317, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
lol The "slip" language was Auro's but the point we're making holds regardless what you call it. Singleton's confusion strongly indicates that he's town, and that played a large part in why we decided to replace his slot. Do you disagree that the confusion is towny?

-Shoshin
I do. Not having a handle of the game in my experience isn’t alignment indicative.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 322, Oversoul wrote:
In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:And this isn’t? Why is failing to impress you warrant a vote? It feels like you are looking for an excuse to vote me here because you already scum read my predecessor.
You are asking questions to people who are no longer in the game. There is no point in that. More than half of your catchup post was asking people who are no longer playing the game questions. I do not see how that is scumhunting or advances the game.
That’s fair but why would I do this as scum? All I can say is I probably would have no content if I didn’t raise my concerns or laid out my thoughts on the players no longer in the game. Instead of just saying it has no purpose, why not ask me what made me ask those questions or what I thought of people’s predecessors? There are ways we can help each other but you don’t seem to want to do that.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 326, Oversoul wrote:
In post 323, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 322, Oversoul wrote:
In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:And this isn’t? Why is failing to impress you warrant a vote? It feels like you are looking for an excuse to vote me here because you already scum read my predecessor.
You are asking questions to people who are no longer in the game. There is no point in that. More than half of your catchup post was asking people who are no longer playing the game questions. I do not see how that is scumhunting or advances the game.
That’s fair but why would I do this as scum? All I can say is I probably would have no content if I didn’t raise my concerns or laid out my thoughts on the players no longer in the game. Instead of just saying it has no purpose, why not ask me what made me ask those questions or what I thought of people’s predecessors? There are ways we can help each other but you don’t seem to want to do that.
You explained why you would do it as scum. You would have no content. If you replaced into a scum slot, you would need content and what better way to have content then to ask questions to players who cannot answer them!

I don't really care what you say your reasons are for asking those questions because I think you're going to lie. I will play your game though. What were the reasons that you asked those questions to players who had already left the game?

I think you are tremendously misrepresenting my vote on you. I have been scumreading the Schiavetto slot for a while now. I listed you in my will vote pile as my second option a couple of days ago. My first option, NMSA, was replaced, and the replacement quickly started to look town. Then, you come in and make this big post that is 85% fluff when we are very near deadline. That is scummy. It looked like you were just trying to show your face and that's it.
It’s not just content. The content has to be presented in a way that would get me in the towns good graces and allow me to misdirect, mislead, and manipulate. If I was concerned about doing that I would have probably used about all my posts for the day. All I did was tried to get caught up as quick as possible so I can actually interact with people in real time or a timely fashion and sit down with my thoughts and determine the best lynch for today.

The question towards NSMA’s was rhetorical. I’m asking it produce a statement that basically says there’s nothing good about Dup’s reasoning and that he’s suspicious for jumping on the wagon.

The second question was to highlight that I felt NSMA was being obtuse. Dup voted for NSMA in RVS because Train stated that NSMA hammered him in a previous game. This was weird to me because I doubt Dup spectated or was in the game that him and Train were referring to. Therefore, there’s no reason for Dup to share the sentiment as Train unless he has a personal relationship with him or is familiar with Train’s meta. I also doubt that.

The questioning of NSMA’s is self explanatory. I stated why I didn’t feel good about the read after. This is part of me noting what things stood out to me about a player for when I sit down.

You know, when I look back, there isn’t exactly a lot of questions here so now I view your push as a bit overblown.

I didn’t even take into account deadline to be honest and didn’t think it was so soon but I’ll here tonight.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Spoiler: Reads from yesterday with Kop and now NSMA omitted
Auro and Shoshin

TDC
shEll

teacher

Voyc

Oversoul

Auro and Shoshin:
The vote for Dup and the questioning of NSMA early on is by no means something that can’t come from scum but it melded with my brain because I had the same reaction to those posts. I find mind melding enables good conversation so King read to me like a player who I can work with and easily sort if need be. I also feel like doesn’t come from scum. Specifically him taking ownership with his content. I would expect him to deflect and to point fingers then to happily oblige to acknowledging what little he had produced up until that point.

A&S for a second made me want to go back on this read but I don’t see why scum takes the time to ISO their predecessor when they aren’t in danger let alone say they town told. However since then, both heads have laid out thoughts in a clear and concise matter.

TDC:
I didn’t feel good about him as I was catching up. I briefly mentioned why earlier but I’m going to touch on it some more right now. I have another game with TDC under my belt and while he did give off the impression that he was a veteran and a no nonsense kind of guy, I still find weird. He asks Shell to clarify what he means by stating that NSMA was his partner. This on the surface could appear as a older player annoyed by the introduction of wine so early but I didn’t get that when I reread it. It appears more like an attempt to scum hunt, except this kind of question isn’t going to accomplish that or lead to it. There’s no response that is going to help TDC understand the motivation as either alignment for the action because there isn’t one. My issue here is that I feel TDC knows better and is unlikely to ask this sort of inquiry as town.

My next issue is in which he gets on Dup for not willing to answer my predecessors RQS questions. He asks Dup what does he have to lose and the answer to that question is patience and time. RQS has historically not helped town find scum or generate much meaningful discussion and to let it go on like it almost did can create a game state that is filled with apathy. This coupled with the geriatric rule set only spells doom for me.

Now I wouldn’t have an issue with this post if the follow up wasn’t so bad. He claims that the questions will generate discussion at some point but doesn’t explain how or why in . A random vote is a lot different than a random set of questions that don’t have anything to do with game at hand. You can be held accountable for a random vote. You can create pressure with a random vote. You can create and join wagons with a random vote. You can generate information by how people respond or not to random votes. The problem with random questions is that people can answer most of them by simply working with information they have from outside of the game, which allows people to answer the questions in a mindset detached from their alignment.

The following isn’t much of a factor into my read but just things that I don’t quite understand. I didn’t read my predecessor’s ISO to be fair so I can’t gauge whether or not the commentary from TDC on the back and forth between Oversoul is alignment indicative. It seems like he was trying to say Oversoul should have voted my slot when my predecessor referred to a post on why he’s voting someone else. He further explains what he was getting at in and but it is still unclear to me what was the point of all that.

Shell:
I immediately wanted to scum read Shell for until I quickly remembered that we are playing under the geriatric rule set and every post counts. I also have seen town get more frustrated and react to Saudade early on that way more than scum. TDC can attest to this.

melded with my brain heavy and the tone just comes off very town to me. The read on R&M was bad but I think it’s a position that scum are unlikely to take due to how it go against the grain without necessarily being iron clad.

I love him trying to get my predecessor and Dup to come back to the actual game and focus on things more important in . While this still can come from scum, I like to think he would just stop at pointing out how much time both players are spending on the questions instead of going further and telling my predecessor that he better be eventually using these questions to game solve at some point and giving Dup a bit of a tounge lashing.

teacher:
Dup was one of my major scum reads early on in my catch-up. From his RVS vote for NSMA and his awkward vote for Shell in . I didn’t agree with and felt like he was calling the kettle black a little bit because it read to me like he was trying to convince himself his vote was solid as opposed to actually believing it is.

I did like as he explained exactly why RQS is bad and not worth entertaining but he got worse with his reaction to King in . He misrepresented King by asking if he thought that the votes early on should have had good reasoning. This is not at all why King decided to keep his vote on Dup. Dup followed a bad reasoning instead of choosing not to and I found it hard to believe Dup didn’t get that being the issue.

King was v/LA and while that doesn’t exempt him from his lack of content, it’s a lot more understandable that he hadn’t done much compared to someone not on v/LA. He points out why the RQS questions were terrible again but then shades Shell and Voyc by saying they aren’t following up.

It wasn’t until and that I started to feel better about Dup. His frustration reads genuine and the growing distain is something I’m having trouble seeing it come from scum. Sure, you could argue that he was giving himself busy work and tunneling to appear like he had a legitimate scum read but he was also making a lot of noise and drawing a ton of attention in the process over something that ultimately benefits him as scum. This is further supported by . If he was scum, why question a wagon based on faulty reasoning and give the player a potential out by requesting some meta?

Looking back, I don’t like teacher as much as I thought I did but I still like that he came with a different view on the game in terms of his scum reads and wasn’t shy on pushing them. I’m not sure what this means but I know it doesn’t make me want to lynch them right now.

voyc:
She’s probably my strongest town read. She’s actively game solving and being very transparent so I’m not sure why people are reading her different. I can elaborate if need be but I encourage people to look over her ISO again before doing so because I’m not seeing a world where she’s scum right now

Oversoul:
I had felt that the suspicions regarding my slot and the way he interacted with me and my predecessor was in good faith. It’s not until I reread him again that I noticed why he had voted for voyc at one point. In , it’s clear that he reevaluated his read on her and felt good enough to move her up significantly on his reads but almost a 100 posts later he says he can wagon her in and says she has felt off all game. This is weird because he had a moment of reevaluation earlier and there was little to no interaction between the two after that and no mention of why the off feeling had crept back in and compelled him to forget why he was feeling better about her. So overall I still feel good here but there has been some recent doubt.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I thought I had posted last night :lol:
In post 396, teacher wrote:@shos, what’s your history reading saudade? I have a feeling they were in Rick and Mortg, which also made me question from Luv’s slot. Only other note of interest from p1 is TDC and r+M RVS crossvoting.

I get the feeling like there are multiple other private threads going on here. Can anyone share the original game advert? Is it possible there is multiball with 2 2-person teams unaware of the other and only a 5 member town? Like at this point I believe I have seen what would be a mason claim AND another sign of a separate thread. I’m not going to elaborate who or where for now, at least until I have a better feel for the setup.
None of what R&M posted sounds like anything Saudade would post. I think it’s more likely that he’s a spectator and was just messing around with a good friend of his in the moderator.

I don’t see a reason why this would be multiball. I have a decent amount of moderator meta on Skygazer and I just don’t see a reason why she would be inclined to make a 9 player game move faster or reduce the ability of a single faction to just run away with the win. Masons is definitely something she would do but I don’t see the benefit of pointing this out. Why did you decide to share this theory anyway? You seem like the kind of player who would quickly discard such irrational thoughts.
In post 399, Voyc wrote:Really highly doubt this is multiball, I don't think so

Anyway I think A+S are likely town, I mainly want to sort between LUV/TDC/Teacher
I thought TDC was townie during D1 but I've been having my doubts

Does anyone have experience w LUV and if so is this his usual tone?
Seems a little weird to me but might be a playstyle thing
In post 390, shEll wrote:However A+S's "don't investigate me I'm obvtown" bs where they only listed teacher as someone who townread them pushes them past teacher.
What exactly makes you go "this is scum" about it?
What about my tone?
In post 400, TDC wrote:I think it is pretty interesting that A+S are not pushing nsg for Oversoul's read of me anymore. I'm not sure I understand the NK choice if they are scum though.

teacher is throwing up a lot of dust there with the setup speculation. It should be obvious that nsg and I are not masons. Also agree with shell on teacher's Oversoul vote yesterday. Looks really bad now.
VOTE: teacher

Voyc: I only have one game with LUV where he was scum. Would agree he's playing differently here. Maybe more related to geriatric?

Nsg: What's your read on me?
My only thing is that there’s only one scum left. I don’t understand why teacher would throw up some lazy setup speculation and call it a day as the last scum. It’s bizarre sure, but I don’t know if it comes from scum.
In post 408, northsidegal wrote:haha, wow i should really proofread my posts more, especially in a geriatric game. i like how i said "finally" twice. impressive persuasive writing there, nsg.

anyways, i think i'm gonna summarize my points to do something productive with this post:

Points towards TDC scum:
  • Awkward / forced RVS interaction between R&M and TDC
  • Night one nightkill had TDC as top scumread after R&M
  • Unvotes R&M at critical moment with no reasoning
  • Eventually votes Kop with little to no reasoning (attempting to get credit from a seemingly doomed partner?)
  • Essentially no sensical trajectory when it comes to the R&M / Kop slot

going to save the rest of my posts for if anyone else comes online. excited to talk about this.
This is a lot better than anything I would’ve probably articulated.

VOTE: TDC
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 431, teacher wrote:Howdy. I got prodded - my bad. I’m down on a lake w my fam but will put in some thought tomorrow.

I could see TDC but am surprised nobody is playing with my LUV theory, which despite LUVs shade, is a lot more than lazy set up spec. R+M misrepped the count on that slot, effectively ending the wagon.
I think you are purposefully not taking into account context. Sure, R&M miscounted the wagon but I wouldn’t say he ended it. A replacement in Oversoul did.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 439, teacher wrote:I’m not sure I follow - are you saying Oversouls replacement into the game ended the wagon? A replacement target of Oversoul? What are you pointing to.
Oversoul’s vote on R&M after replacing in and then catching up immediately after.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:11 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 441, teacher wrote:
In post 400, TDC wrote:It should be obvious that nsg and I are not masons.
Ummmm..... I never even suggested you were? Actually my mason thing was a big ole bag of trash, as I discovered after the fact. I thought shells partner claim that struck me early was actually claiming mason partners with spam. Lmaos flip should have stopped me but I didn’t put the replacement together at the time. But why did you think I was suggesting you two?
Huh? How about him elaborating on his vote in ?

Why would he crumb by voting his partner? That’s a very dangerous and idiotic thing to do.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 456, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I'd prefer if someone removes their vote from TDC for the moment so that we can continue discussing without the threat of a hammer.

-Shoshin
Anyone hammering this early will probably be getting policy lynched tomorrow.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:45 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 473, TDC wrote:
In post 471, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 456, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I'd prefer if someone removes their vote from TDC for the moment so that we can continue discussing without the threat of a hammer.

-Shoshin
You mean because you already know I'm a mislynch?
In post 474, TDC wrote:+ there is a broad consensus on lynching me so shifting the blame to the hammerer is feeling a bit like working for tomorrow coming from someone on the wagon.
Or I’m just speaking from experience? A ton of scrutiny is going to come down on someone deciding to hammer this early under the circumstances. If the game doesn’t end today, the person who hammered has a good chance of being policy lynched. I’m not quite at a 100 percent regarding my read on you but it’s high enough to be content with your lynch right now. However I have been considering teacher.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:32 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Still here. I’ll probably reread tonight.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Also interested in hearing from Voyc. I went back and reread when she voted for my predecessor. She agreed with Train’s reasoning which was honestly horrible. It stripped the context behind the NSMA vote and didn’t delve into why my predecessor’s supposed contradictions are scummy. I say supposed because I still have not read his ISO in full.
In post 493, Voyc wrote:TDC what do you expect to accomplished by an A+S switch to teacher?
In post 494, Voyc wrote:Accomplish*

Like, why do you continue to specifically appeal to A+S?
In hindsight, I also don’t like this line of questioning. It feels empty.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:22 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 518, Voyc wrote:@A+S, why don't you answer teacher's qs?
I'm doubting LUV the most rn, several of his posts give me similar feels to R+M's 130s: commenting on not-as-important or not as pressing matters that are easier to have an opinion on w/out necessarilly faking it

@LUV, didn't you read the game in full or did you catchup through ISOs? Why don't you seem to have read any of Schiavetto's posting?

@Shell, when you've got time I'd still like those links to previous games of yours?
Please point to these several posts.

Yeah I read the game in full but I can’t say I’ve full processed what I’ve read. I get the gist of why my predecessor was scum read. I obviously can’t answer for him or her though so I’m not sure what you’re getting at. All I can say though is that the basis is a pretty weak reasoning for a scum read. Suggesting and forcing RQS is bad but not scummy.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:17 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 522, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Let's do a massclaim. Popcorn? We can start.

Teacher, what's your read on us (apart from the question)? Can you explain your progression on us?

Shoshin would like to know what you gain from the questions to her.

-Auro
Why at this juncture?

Any decent moderator will make mass claiming harmful to the town more often than it is beneficial. Making sure that a game cannot be broken in favour of town by mass claim should be very high on the list of priorities when coming up with a new game.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 526, Voyc wrote:
In post 520, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Please point to these several posts.
Basically your catchup and subsequent interaction w Oversoul

Spoiler: from a quick skim
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 42, duppin wrote:I'm not really sure what to make of all these random questions, unless you guys are actually going somewhere with it?
Yeah outside of games with unique mechanics, I’m not a big fan of RQS. Discussing theory can be a pretty organic way of starting a dialogue, which will inevitably lead to arguments and suspicions. You also get the benefits of possibly crafting a strategy or sharing ideas or information that can boost the chances of town winning tremendously.
In post 54, shEll wrote:I planned on making a really big post today about my thoughts but I'm tired so I'll go look deeper and explain more tomorrow
Here's a few things
- rick & morty judging their reads on me based on my joke about being spam's partner is horrible reasoning to base a read off of but as scum it would make more sense for 2 heads to go for similar lynches. The contrast in their views is more likely 2 town players in the same slot.
- schiavetto's questions and gamesolving approach reasonably would be more town motivated and appear to push the town forward or attempt to.
- spam as I've expressed is the closest to an SR i have
because he's my mafia partner
because his posts have seemed fluffy and hard to find a clear town motive in them. It could just be his play style which is why I'm not super certain on it and will look into his meta
- uhhhh vote shell 2020 :cop:
I’ve never experienced hydra dissonance and I’ve only witnessed it once. It was very heated and ugly.

Have you ever watched Rick and Morty? What would your read have been on the slot if they had admitted that dissonance was part of their gimmick?
In post 177, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Hi, we're town.
In post 74, singletonking wrote:
In post 69, duppin wrote:
In post 57, singletonking wrote: For now - I'm leaving my vote on duppin. I voted them early because they sheeped a vote that was shown to have bad reasoning
Uh what, is this actual a real read? Are you sincerely implying my rvs vote and the third post of the game should have good reasoning?
Oops - I was actually thinking of sheeping you onto Shell, but I realised that was actually by another player.
We believe this was a townslip by our predecessor. This kind of confusion comes from town, more often than scum. We were both happy to replace into this slot as we wanted to strictly play a town game.

With this out of the way, we'll discuss the rest of the game shortly.
I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
In post 255, Auro and Shoshin wrote:VOTE: TDC

Been a bit busy, will read and post more soon.

Teacher,
unsigned posts are made by both heads
. Signed posts are individual.

-Auro
The bolded feels annoying.
In post 327, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: It’s not just content. The content has to be presented in a way that would get me in the towns good graces and allow me to misdirect, mislead, and manipulate. If I was concerned about doing that I would have probably used about all my posts for the day. All I did was tried to get caught up as quick as possible so I can actually interact with people in real time or a timely fashion and sit down with my thoughts and determine the best lynch for today.
In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 317, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
lol The "slip" language was Auro's but the point we're making holds regardless what you call it. Singleton's confusion strongly indicates that he's town, and that played a large part in why we decided to replace his slot. Do you disagree that the confusion is towny?

-Shoshin
I do. Not having a handle of the game in my experience isn’t alignment indicative.
In post 471, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

-Shoshin

About Schiavetto, he made a lot of noise about the RQS, and the constant focus felt like it drowned out the thread at times and could've been used as a reason for him to not produce other content, I think that could be scummy
I wasn't asking for you to answer on his behalf, rather when you comment things like
In post 392, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I didn’t read my predecessor’s ISO to be fair so I can’t gauge whether or not the commentary from TDC on the back and forth between Oversoul is alignment indicative.
I think- if you're town, Schiavetto is the only one whose alignment you would be entirely sure of, why wouldn't you try to parse through people's reactions to their content?

I'm good with a massclaim, though I'll be one of the last
I'd like LUV to go first, but I'm ok with an A+S start if it's followed up by him
Outside of my thoughts on RQS and hammering, I don’t see how the rest aren’t important.

R&M received scrutiny out the gate and was on the chopping block for the majority of Day 1 before ultimately getting lynched. I felt like the level of dissonance between Rick and Morty was being exaggerated a bit. I wanted to briefly mentioned my experience with real and intense hydra dissonance and the actual show to get Shell to think about his read some more as I felt he was giving an easy town read to R&M’s slot at the time.

While King was ultimately a lurker slot, I don’t see how a replacement claiming their predecessor town slipped the way A&S isn’t of extreme note. They were attempting to essentially confirmed town their slot which is suspicious for obvious reasons.

I was attempting to sort Oversoul there while refuting his point about content. Maybe not important or pressing to you but it definitely helped me get into the game. It also helped him form a better read on me.

Eh that’s not really a viable reason to have scum read him. After a certain point, attempting to skate by on lack of game related content due to RQS just isn’t going to fly, especially if you can read the room well. It’s just going to lead you to get policy lynched nine times out of ten and I think that’s exactly what almost happened to my predecessor here.

I haven’t attempted to parse through because the reactions seem to be fueled by a dislike of approach and play style rather than anything indicative of alignment in my opinion. I don’t feel I got anything of you feeling he drowned the thread with RQS noise.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 537, teacher wrote:
In post 534, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 522, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Let's do a massclaim. Popcorn? We can start.

Teacher, what's your read on us (apart from the question)? Can you explain your progression on us?

Shoshin would like to know what you gain from the questions to her.

-Auro
Why at this juncture?

Any decent moderator will make mass claiming harmful to the town more often than it is beneficial. Making sure that a game cannot be broken in favour of town by mass claim should be very high on the list of priorities when coming up with a new game.
Because three slots (a majority) favor it.
:neutral:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 539, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Cool, you can go last then. :D
@LUV: Shoshin and I are stuck at the lynch order to follow. We're conflicted about multiple slots - in that we see town-indicative and scum-indicative stuff.
Since there's one scum remaining, I think a massclaim would help give us more information, and if we have a mechanical inno or two it'll help a lot in deciding a lynch order.

Pedit: Don't activity read Shoshin in this game. This hydra is going to have me largely posting, with her conveying thoughts in the background. That she did post at all is town-indicative IMO; if we repped in to a scumslot it would've been exclusively me posting, with 0 inputs from Shoshin - thus having me have to fake her thoughts. Her lack of posting doesn't have to do with IRL reasons, just the dynamic of the hydra.

-Auro
I guess I’m just a purist at heart. I only find mass claiming extremely useful in end games. I do get that there tend to be certain types of roles scum tend to claim, similar roles that can verify each other, roles that might provide false information without knowlege of another, etc. But, I think a simple reread while waiting on a fresh pair of eyes in Shell’s replacement should be enough for now.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 561, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Waiting for shEll's replacement is going to take time.
This is pre LyLo. The game's stalling a lot. It's frustrating without any direction.
Please just continue the claims. LUV, go ahead!

-Auro
VT.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

*Thinking*

I don’t see how that confirms anything. I would expect as town if you rolled encryptor to play like a miller.

I also disagree about the balance. Day talk is only as strong as the scum team and a neighbor is only as good as how well the player who rolled it can manipulate.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Hello?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 591, Voyc wrote:
In post 588, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t see how that confirms anything. I would expect as town if you rolled encryptor to play like a miller.
Genuinely curious as to why?
Also is this you doubting my claim or teacher's, both? Not sure what you mean exactly w the confirm comment
Not sure how I missed this.

I’m doubting both but I think yours a little more. If you were town, you would’ve claimed encryptor right away because the role is very hard to explain away if you’re discovered or forced to claim.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:32 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I actually didn’t realize Kop flipped encryptor.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:43 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VOTE: teacher
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I didn’t realize Kop had flipped encryptor lol.

Soon as I did I knew I lost.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Probably would’ve gotten the teacher lynch had shell not had to have been replaced.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”