Micro 894: Marked for Death!! [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 7, the worst wrote:He is openly hospitable, and well-known for his geniality. However, he is a wily and ambitious businessman, with his family's best interests always at heart.
aw was this written about me specifically? <3
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Chemist1422

I know your vote was already on osetr and is meant as a joke but I also think osetr has been fairly townie so I don't like it
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 41, Osetr wrote:inclined to go for lion here in that pool, the guy said that he knows me and chem were messing around but is still pushing him which is kinda wack imo
I voted him cause he's voting one of the townier slots in the game

and then he openly admitted right afterwards that I was right, his vote was for nothing game-solving related. which IMO is useless and anti-town behavior. Doesn't make him scum necessarily but better than a random vote

this is a scummier slot now:
VOTE: GeorgeBailey
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 68, Caesar Wills It wrote:Senator Lion is cautioned that continued frivolous hectoring of Senator Bailey will see the good Senator cast into the Colosseum wearing naught but a breechclout to face his namesake. It is Senator Ceejay, however, who earns Our Ire at this time, as We judge his motives in maligning Senator Bailey to be opportunistic and false, while Senator Lion’s are more likely merely unwise.
is this a townread on Bailey?

because otherwise I don't see why you'd defend Bailey from pressure here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:28 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 70, Osetr wrote:
In post 62, DrDolittle wrote:teeny lean scum on george for his doing anything but scumhunting entry for 3 posts
isnt scumhunting early scummy
whoever told you this is straight up bad at mafia

meme-ing can be done by town or scum regardless of alignment whereas only town can authentically scumhunt

all players should be encouraged to start scumhunting as soon as possible so you can start flushing out who is being disingenuous
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 65, GeorgeBailey wrote:Lmao, I was just doing a bit of VFR and introduction (since I took so long).
I didn't think we'd be scumhunting already. Nobody seems like anything to me at the moment.
In post 66, GeorgeBailey wrote:@ceejay

Oops, I mean RVS (not VFR)

I'll admit I'm pretty damn late on the RVS.
But I voted him mostly cause DoLittle voted Cesar with no explanation either. Didn't mean much by it.
this is another reason to suspect Bailey, he didn't get a story straight between two successive posts

did you vote DoLittle because his vote was unexplained and you thought that was scummy, or was it a purely random vote? you're trying to suggest both things simultaneously here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 85, Osetr wrote:i dont think his reasoning are good either
he just says "hey youre town so chem is bad for voting you" which is pretty darn wack in such early game
assuming that you are in fact town, why then was my reasoning wack?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 91, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 78, ceejayvinoya wrote: If you could kindly explain further as to how my actions have been opportunistic and untrue, I would greatly appreciate it.
Well, for me atleast, it felt like you were really quick to follow Lion's lead. It's the first couple of days, and you're voting someone based off an RVS and a little introduction.
what else should we be voting off of, at this point?

also - how much experience do you have with forum mafia? and why do you call the wagon on you a "shit storm"?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

honestly tempted to call a Caesar/Bailey solve on pg 4 for bragging rights but realistically need a bit more from Puppets/Chemist first

I don't think ceej is scummy
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Hi Chemist, I'm with you on the Osetr townread, who are your scumreads
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 114, Osetr wrote:dont really agree that only town can scumhunt though, it depedns on the quality of the player
dude scum know who scum are, they literally cannot scum hunt. some can definitely fake it really well but literally the only thing that actually separates town from scum is genuine uninformed game-solving (which hopefully/ideally leads to lynches on scum that scum don't want)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 116, Osetr wrote:
In post 95, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 85, Osetr wrote:i dont think his reasoning are good either
he just says "hey youre town so chem is bad for voting you" which is pretty darn wack in such early game
assuming that you are in fact town, why then was my reasoning wack?
whats the point in trying to move somebody's rvs vote, theres so much time to spare
wasn't trying to move his vote, was just voting/pressuring him for making a bad one
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

dang that was a quick prod

I feel exactly the same as Doolittle in

My calling the scum team post was because they were both defending each other on entry and I wanted to see how they'd react to that, but obviously this early in the game that read is light and developing, I felt Titus took it a little too seriously

VOTE: Caesar Wills It
I don't like how they tried to defuse pressure on Bailey so early. I don't see how Bailey could have towntold to them at all at the time of us voting/pressuring him so I feel the early defense is more likely scum trying to grab some early towncred pushing back on the popular scumread du jour. Townies should be willing to let other players sort and get reads on null/scummy slots.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 129, GeorgeBailey wrote:I don't want to be quick to call Osetr Town, just because posts a lot and questions actions, from my understanding Scum would like the game to stall.
also want to highlight that this is a read I find less likely to come from scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 136, Caesar Wills It wrote:Senator Osetr also strikes Us as one attempting to make himself useful, despite a clearly inept conclusions.
which conclusions were inept?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 149, Osetr wrote:i just think hes pocketing me, he keeps repeating how im a townie slot but never actually explains it beyond voting chem for meme voting me when i was ok with that vote

i still dont like the reasoning, its basically "his vote is a meme so its bad", that screams tryhard which is mafia indicative most of the time because why deny memes as town this early on
I'm not really in the business of explaining townreads unless they're being wagoned, it's a waste of effort otherwise IMO and potentially even helps scum figure out who is easiest to mislycnh

I get that you think I'm pocketing you, that's prob valid thought process on your end, but this "tryhard = mafia" idea is bunk and frankly a bit tilting. I hate RVS, I want to play the game not meme around, and this is backed by a long and extensive history of my town!meta where nearly every game I come in with as serious of a vote as I can make at that stage (unless I'm like literally first to thread). I've also moved on quite a bit since that first post/vote and yet you're still stuck on it despite my repeated efforts to engage with you and help you see my thought process.

Want to help build a wagon on Caesar? Cause I'm not liking how sticky your vote seems to be on me and I don't believe you're going to get much traction with it with the rest of the town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@the worst I am voting Caesar not GeorgeBailey, can you fix the latest VC
?

Fixed, sorry. ~tw
Last edited by the worst on Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also the DDL votes are bad votes but I agree with DDL that the way Chemist did it was townie. especially with the double-down in I feel townvibes from that, sticking by his vote despite being fact-checked

I see the reasons for voting on ceej and is a bad post but I still think Caesar's too-early Bailey defense is the most scum-indicative behavior so far and if I'm right on Caesar then the fact that Caesar/Ceej are cross-voting says either ceej is town or they're distancing/bussing eachother so I'm not super worried about a misread on ceej yet
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah looks like a survivalist post pretending not to be one
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

It's kinda wild that at least one of DP/Chemist/Caesar is town and genuinely scumreading DDL

Bailey I understand your reluctance to hammer but I'd like to reiterate that I am actually scumreading Caesar for their actions and posts rather than a general lack thereof.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

was that hammer? Elements I'm pissed if so

there's literally no reason to think Caesar is town not a single damn post has been town-indicative
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I say power Lynch Elements tomorrow because the townread on Caesar is so unfathomably bad it's either white-knight or save-my-buddy territory

Elements is not that bad at mafia I've seen him as town before
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ESPECIALLY given that Caesar was scumreading Elements' predecessor but voting elsewhere

imagine being town replacing into a town slot, seeing a wagon at L-1 that's shading you on entrance yet voting their counter wagon for objectively incorrect and unexplained reasons, and then thinking they're town.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also here's a question

if Caesar is town then why didn't his mislynch go through? who was scum voting him?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

here's what happened here

Bailey's obvious town by now but failed to choose either wagon and left his vote on a vanity wagon at EOD
thus giving scum the room to lynch a pretty obvious town player DDL instead of a very scummy Caesar slot

this is accurate summation regardless of whether Caesar is even scum or not. If he's lynchbait town he's now just another mislynch for scum to use later in the game. DDL was so town it hurts and seeing the wagon on him go through is legit annoying. I kinda suspect DP is a town slot that just paranoia tunneled their way out of seeing things straight.

elements/caesar/chemist need to go next in some order for town to have a chance at this game
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 145, GuiltyLion wrote: I don't like how they tried to defuse pressure on Bailey so early. I don't see how Bailey could have towntold to them at all at the time of us voting/pressuring him so I feel the early defense is more likely scum trying to grab some early towncred pushing back on the popular scumread du jour. Townies should be willing to let other players sort and get reads on null/scummy slots.
@Elements this (referring to Caesar) is far more scum indicative than anything in DDL's entire ISO, especially now armed with hindsight that Bailey towned up the slot
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

guys we have an hour

PLEASE rally to Lynch Caesar I beg of you it's such an obviously better lynch
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1, the worst wrote:18. Deadlines are 10 days for day one, then 7 days for each following day. nights will last 48 hours. I may extend this if I deem it appropriate. When the deadline expires, the day will end with the majority wagon being lynched. In the event of there being competing majority wagons, the one which reached its majority first will be lynched.
DDL you shouldn't have voted yourself
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

No Lynch isn't possible I don't think, see my

Elements why the change of heart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:06 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh no! curse you scumz
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

not gonna lie I'm still insanely tunneled on Caesar and thus one of Chemist/Elements for the partner by proxy but I do want to leave this game in a salvageable state in case I have somehow borked it on the Caesar read

Elements - please explain to the best of your ability why you were townreading Caesar yesterday to the point that you unvoted him while he was at L-1, and then what prompted you to revote him again with less than an hour to deadline?

Caesar - why would you give Elements a pass () for his predecessor's behavior simply for replacing in? Why was Doolittle a better vote than Ceejay/Elements? And are you intentionally ignoring my ? Want to answer that now that I'm confirmed town?

Chemist/DP - you were wrong on Doolittle scumreads and neither of you pushed much else. How does the game look to you now?

also curious why I was marked instead of Osetr who seems to be a consensus townread
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 272, Elements wrote:
In post 271, Osetr wrote:
In post 269, Elements wrote:Ceaser is using his gimmick yada yada yada but when I read through his ISO he was scum hunting. It takes effort to wind that into a gimmick. So I think that's town.
DDL's posts are too emotive, and don't feel fake emotive, to be scum.
caesar always makes a big post and dips though instead of engaging when active
so you're saying his playstyle is NAI yet you're still scum reading him for it?
also Elements, what is your read on Osetr? Because this post frankly was awful
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 269, Elements wrote:Ceaser is using his gimmick yada yada yada but when I read through his ISO he was scum hunting. It takes effort to wind that into a gimmick. So I think that's town.
so you're saying his playstyle is NAI yet you're still scum reading him for it?
In post 273, Elements wrote:
so you're saying his playstyle is NAI so you're scum reading him for the content of the posts?
EBWOP
in fact this whole progression just feels rather scummy. Because your "edit" suggests two entirely different mentalities and I don't see how a townie would genuinely write the first post then "clarify" to the second

The first post is meant solely to discredit Osetr's scumread, the tone is aggressive and all you're doing is asking him a 'gotcha' style question to imply his scumread is bad.

the second post is a walk back, it's presenting more as if it's a genuine question. but it's a very shallow question, and it completely misses Osetr's point which is that the style of play/behavior in itself was scummy - he never said anything about it being NAI nor did he say the content of the posts.

It really just looks like you wrote the first post then got paranoid/worried about how aggressive/leading/false that question was, so you tried to "EBWOP" into something more safe/palatable.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hi do not prod pls

I am v busy today so quick thoughts incoming and then I'll be around for super content tomorrow
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 334, Elements wrote:I have to go v/la because the hotel WiFi is blacklisted by the site so I can't post with it.
GL
Chem
DP
Ostre
GB
Ceaser
Is my read list atm.
Give me questions and I'll get round to answering them Sunday night GMT
why are GB/Osetr so low?
especially since they weren't voting on the D1 mislynch

and like hypothetically if Caesar flips scum and then GB flips town, you think Osetr is the most likely buddy out of Chem/DP/Osetr the next day?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

the main thing I'm going to think about before I come back is assuming that Caesar/Elements are
not
a team together, who is more likely to be scum in a vacuum

my heart says Caesar because of the way D1 went down and how his lynch stalled out, but the way Elements townread him on D1 just felt so improbable from town...
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey gg all, well played by the scumteam especially DP you snowed me on D1/D2. Thanks to the worst for modding, the set up was fun and flavor was great :]

Elements I don't blame ya that was a tough LYLO, I definitely would've been strongly tempted to vote Chemist there too. Now knowing how it played out with hindsight, I think the best question to think about would be "why wasn't DP marked for death, and why would scum!Chemist mark Elements instead of DP", but in the moment I don't know if that would have pointed me to decisively vote for DP either. DP played it really well there too. hard fought battle and I hope to see you all in other games in the future

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”