Micro 899: Correspondence Mafia | game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Micro 899: Correspondence Mafia | game over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Welcome, dearest reader, to
Correspondence Mafia
Whether you are a participant in our game, a spectator, or just passing by, my associate and I hope that you enjoy your stay.

The Players

Spoiler:
  1. Vorkuta
  2. Blatant Scum
  3. jjh927
  4. Dingle Dangle Scarecrow (Klick +Bellaphant)
  5. Michael Scott (Auro + volxen)
  6. KittenLicks
  7. Saladman27
  8. Extrapolated Wolf (Extrapolated Eagle + Dannflor)
  9. Team Looker (Salamence20 + Nancy Drew 39)

Those Who Write No More (Dead)

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Correspondence on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Game Rules

Borrowed and modified from that shrewdest of List Moderators, Micc.

General Rules/Game Etiquette
    1. Obey all Site-wide Rules.
    2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
    3. You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
    4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.

Activity/Prods/Replacements
    1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 5 real days of no activity.
    2. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
    3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
    4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 5 days, please PM us or include a V/LA notice as post-script to a letter.
    5. We reserve the right to force replace players who need extensively long V/LA at our own discretion.

Deadlines
    1. Deadlines for this game will be one month per day phase. Night Phases will last 48 hours.
    2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances. Given the style of this game, these circumstances would need to be
      very
      extreme.
    3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.

Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
    1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
    2. Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g.
      Vote: Player
      or VOTE: Player).
    3. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
    4. You may
      Vote: No Lynch
      - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
    5. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at our discretion (as best we can). Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If we think its a vote, then it is a vote.

Miscellaneous
    1. We do not have a Mod color, but will post in any style we see fit. Don't impersonate us. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
    2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to our discretion and will be handled as we see fit on a case-by-case basis.

======================

Game-Specific Rules
    1. This game runs on an unusual time-table, please refer to the Deadlines heading above.
    2. Any faction, neighborhood, masonry, or other group eligible for a Private Topic will NOT have day talk. Private Topics will be open during Night Phases ONLY.
    3. Players will communicate by sending letters to the moderator by PM. All letters will be posted by the moderator as close to 0:00 GMT as can be reasonably managed.
    4. All letters must conform to the personalized style and character laid out in your role PM.
    5. Any letters which do not will be marked "RETURN TO SENDER" and rejected back to the player. This will not count against the day's letter cap.
    6. A soft cap of 10 letters per gameday will be enforced. At the moderators' sole discretion, this cap may be increased or removed as the game requires.
    7. All characters and styles are customized to the player, not the role. These are intended as flavor only, and were developed separately from role assignments. Any replacements will have new characters and styles handcrafted for them.
    8. Please confirm by writing a letter to us in your character's style and voice, affirming your role and alignment. The confirmation stage will continue until all players have done so.
    9. All mail is subject to a minimum of 24 hours' delivery delay.
    10. Players may NOT post in this thread, except to cast their vote. Violations of this rule will be deleted and warned. Further violations may be replaced at our discretion.
    11. Players may only vote once per 24-hour period, as measured by the delivery of mail. Effectively, you may vote anew after mail arrives, but alterations before the next mail cycle will not be honored.
    12. Each Night cycle, each player may compose ONE letter to be delivered PRIVATELY to the player of their choice. This letter must otherwise conform to all stylistic requirements.
    13. There is no minimum nor maximum length of letter, but please be kind to your fellow players. Keep your letters' length reasonable. Likewise, it is inadvisable to waste everyone's time (and your limited supply of letters) by mailing a brief, vague missive.
    14. We implore and encourage you to take the time to enjoy your assigned styles! Each is a bespoke character crafted with you in mind, and we look forward to seeing what you can do!
    15. Finally, let it be known that this setup is singleball, 7:2, with roles which conform to the Normal ruleset aside from the letter-writing mechanics.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dear players,

Private messages have been issued to each of your accounts, containing the details of your roles in this game. Please read these, and the game's rules, carefully. These have been custom-written, and will need to be read in full to understand the details of this setup.

Day one will begin with no fewer than 9 confirmations.

If you have any queries regarding your role or the game's rules, please ensure they are addressed to us promptly.

Warm regards,

Mr. Bram Stoker, Esq.
    Mr. Jules Verne, Esq.

Post-script: at present, we have received
    of
    confirmations.
    Last edited by Correspondence on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.0
    Current Votes

Not Voting (9) -
    Vorkuta, Blatant Scum, jjh927, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Extrapolated Wolf, KittenLicks, Saladman27, Team Looker

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is (expired on 2019-12-12 00:00:00)

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Michael ScottTo: Jan-Levinson Gould
    Subject: Performance Reviews

Performance Reviews?

I don't know why I have to write daily performance reviews, I know you said we have to fire some people but everyone's like family here. Well, it's day one I know, but it still feels like that.

Toby

Toby has been inadicket as HR, terrible, terrible performance. I'd recommend firing him... Jim tells me he disguised as one of the new employees.

Header text

Saladman has been bleh so far. Salads are the worst! I think he might even be Toby. I'm definitely seeing that aura around him.

PostScript: I feel like like corporate doesn't let me do anything, so what's the point of these?

Blatant ScumDearest Eva,

are you alright? You haven't responded to my letters so far. Do you still hate me for not accepting the offered plea deal, even witness protection, to "roll" over on the boss of my organization? I have been regretting it ever since. I should have done it, but I was scared that they would find you, and hurt you.

There have been a number of violent incidents here in jail lately, and the guards can't figure out who's behind it. I have it narrowed down to eight other inmates in my cell block, who all go by fancy aliases. I am hoping that I can figure out who exactly it is and to turn them in for a reduced sentence. I can't stand being without you and Bob any longer.

Warmest regards,

Blatant Scum

jjh927To my esteemed colleagues;

I am sure by now you have all been made aware of my tragic death, preventing me from fulfilling my role as guide within this expedition. Thankfully, one of the friendly individuals among you is allowing me to possess him, and though it is through his hand by which I am able to write this letter, the words come from the mind of none other than myself- PenguinPower, renowned Antarctic explorer and scientist- and in the unmistakable style of my academic publications. If you observe these letters in future days, you should note their style shall change to that of the most recently deceased member of our group. This, I find to be a truly fascinating behaviour, and it is to my regret that I shall most likely make use of it myself on this day alone.

However, I do not send this letter merely to reintroduce myself. I bring your attention to the votes of Michael Scott and Kittenlicks. Our ability to move our votes is limited, and thus the natural behaviour should be to use this ability with purpose. Here, you can see two individuals who have diverted from this behaviour and are instead using their votes as a limited form of social interaction, perhaps even to evoke humour. The second voter, Kittenlicks, may have made a mistake; I would posit that, as we may only change our votes once every 24 hours, the attempted unvote is null and thus Kittenlicks remains voting herself. Both votes in this case could express an unwillingness to participate in the first 24 hours of RVS, but I am especially concerned at what underlies the behaviour of a non-committal self-vote, and believe this is a strong indication of the efficacy of further study in this area.

Regards,
    Your ghostly guide,
    PenguinPower

Team LookerDear Mother Correspondence:

I hope you are doing well, I wanted to tell you my pokemon journey is starting off well. My Bagon is getting stronger and stronger each day. Im currently checking out all the pokemon around Oldale Town. Its a quaint place. Soon I plan on making the trek to Petalburg City to see dad, and check how business is doing at the gym.

Have you been watching the news recently? There seem to be some trouble arising to the north. Team Aqua and Team Magma? Some weird names. I hope the authorities have it under control.

Write you again soon,

Nancy
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.1
    Current Votes

KittenLicks (2) -
    KittenLicks, Blatant Scum
    Not Voting (7) -
    Vorkuta, jjh927, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Extrapolated Wolf, Saladman27, Team Looker

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Last edited by Correspondence on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Correspondence »

In post 4, Michael Scott wrote:VOTE: Toby
    "Joke" votes will not be counted, but will count against your limit of one per day. Given that the day has cycled, this amounts to time served. Please refrain from joke votes, as they run counter to the spirit of the ruleset.
    In post 5, KittenLicks wrote:VOTE: KittenLicks
    UNVOTE:
    In post 6, Blatant Scum wrote:VOTE: KittenLicks
    UNVOTE:
    Only one vote per 24-hour cycle is permitted, and this includes unvotes. After consideration, this means that the initial votes stand, subsequent unvotes notwithstanding. Again, as the day has cycled, you are free to move your vote where you wish or unvote...once.

To clarify some things, your first "free" letter will be posted in the first mail call it is eligible, but subsequent letters will be subject to the delivery delay. We hope that this process will lead to more deliberate, meaningful content in the long run.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Correspondence »

KittenLicks has requested replacement.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Correspondence »

NorwegianboyEE replaces KittenLicks
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Correspondence »

VorkutaVorkuta's Journal, November 12th, 2019.

Tonight, a penguin sushi chef died in our expedition.
    In the cemetery, all the white crosses stood in rows, neat chalk marks on a giant scoreboard. Paid last respects quietly, without fuss. Penguin Power. Joined on June 16, 2016. 3 years a listmod. Died 2019, buried in the rain. Is that what happens to us? A life of conflict with no time for friends...so that when it's done, only our enemies leave roses. Violent lives, ending violently.

Penguin understood. Treated it like a joke, but he understood. He saw the cracks in society, saw the little men in masks trying to hold it together...he saw the true face of the twenty-first century and chose to become a reflection of it, a parody of it. No one else saw the joke.

JJh, Volxen, Salad, Dannflor, Nancy. I've been on missions with them before. Fighting the good fight. Standing up against the filth and hypocrisy. The rest I know only by name. We'll see what they're made of.

I know we've been betrayed. One of us, nay- two pairs of prints, two masks are hunting us down. Their goal? Who did they sell their souls to? Is it any highest bidder? Or a more sinister evil like the Russians?
    They don't deserve to wear their capes anymore.
    Scum.... Scum. Scum.
    They'll want to finish the job. They'll want us to roll over and take it lying down. I won't let them.

Must investigate further

Extrapolated WolfTo whoever finds this message,

I have forgotten my name, so I call myself Fox.

I have found a friend passed out on the beach. I call him Feathers. Well, he's writing too, so I guess we found each other.

We are in hiding right now. They are rolling in, their three sunken eyes following us everywhere. They watch from the tops of trees and we find their tracks on the ground. They hate us. I fear for my life. We fear for our lives. Help. I—we are running out of places to hide.

If my body is never found, look for the sea-legged wretch who goes by the name of Blatant Scum. Feathers has seen his long, crooked nose sticking out from behind a tree and I—Fox—saw his shadow while Feathers was trying to sleep. He won’t stop following us around. We split up for a brief time—I think we did—if we did, we saw him again—both of us. But we spied him mimicking another island inhabitant to try and sneak closer to our campfire. I do not—neither of us wish to die by his hand. And Feathers says he definitely can't have any of his pebbles.

SOS

~ Fox and Feathers

Saladman27To the very good men at the Paragon Daily,

This penguin slaughter has unfortunately put a halt to my planned “Advice on the Arctic” series of columns. Fear not, for I have many people aboard needing advice. I have my quill sighted on a Michael Scott, Regional Manger of a Cellulose Pulp company in the colonies. I present to you my latest piece of advice, 100 percent not relevant to my situation.

Dear Salad, one of my tour guides have been murdered! The rest of the crew left us locked in rooms but gave us the chance to communicate. All the other people are wagoning against me, even when I didn’t kill the
    penguin
    guide! What do I do, oh Saladman? - Worried Tourist

Dear WT, I suggest you turn yourself in. Once the others hang you and know you’re innocent, you are free to go on that trip guilt-free like a spirit in the sky. - Saladman
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.2
    Current Votes

NorwegianboyEE (2) -
    Blatant Scum, jjh927
    Not Voting (7) -
    Vorkuta, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Extrapolated Wolf, Saladman27, Team Looker, NorwegianboyEE

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Last edited by Correspondence on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dingle Dangle ScarecrowDear Klick,

Hello from the Big Smoke. We've only got 9 months to go, and the top table really needs some firming up. I don't know many of the guests, although I've had dealings with JJ and eagle before.

Arrangements at the venue are going well, with fire escapes planned, damp certificate obtained and extra childcare facilities in place. My suggestion for the caterers also have a top good hygiene rating.

We don't have enough spaces for all of the invited guests though, so we need to look at trimming the fat. Talking of, did you hear the chat from JJ and wolf? They seem to have issues with kitten and blatant scum - we need to find out more about these so we can sort out the table plan: can't put enemies next to each other, very bad for the Feng Shui of the event, you know? Only good vibes here for the happy day. I'd love to know more about how blatant scum got on wolf's bad side.

I've attached a list of potential entertainment, can you give it the once over?

Mwah!

Bellaphant

NorwegianboyEELetter #1

I address you all.

In the Age of Ancients, the world was under the dominion of a wicked and traitorous race of creatures known as “scum”. They would harry the innocent. Kill without mercy. Their throne of blood was built on the ricketed bones of the unfortunate, in that time the pure and prideful townies were downtrodden and beleaguered by the oppression of the scum. The townies, they lived a constant life knowing nothing but fear, a great fear of something terrifying that defied their description.
    This race of evildoers have one great strength, in that they look exactly the same as the noble townies. But with the greatest of hatred constantly brewing in their heart.
    But in their blind lack of respect for all that is good in the world, the scum made one fatal mistake.
    They underestimated the power of Extrapolated Wolf, for it was he who would unite the townies to look up from their own battered wounds and the ashen ground. To stand against the whip of the mafia. With a spark in their eyes they all took up arms against the scum and united under one banner. And the scum shrieked, for the one thing they absolutely hated and could not stand… Was when townspeople would see through and overcome the division and manipulation of the scum race. With a great amount of bloodshed and the death of many heroic townies, the scum lost ranks in their number, and were forcefully routed.
    Knowing they had no choice but to entreat from this overpowering force of justice, they hid in the shadows. Plotting, scheming. Always planning for a way to return the world to the age of darkness and take control once more. And thus they clothe their naked villainy with false words and seem a saint when most they play the devil.
    It has been foretold that on the day when the red moon rises it will be revealed by the ancient gods which of the people in our flock carry the accursed sign of the demonic scum race. Those that will once again strike down with fury upon the townies. But they must never be allowed to succeed, for that would mean the end of everything. It would mean ragnarok. Thus saith the old legends.

Now i shall refrain from reciting old passages of text and retell what i saw in the woods nothing more than a week ago.

I was there on the day it happened, and with my act of witness I came to see the red moon rise upon us. There was a great lake about, and it became so red as if the sword had freshly cut a man open and spilled out his innards. The scene i saw with my eye was so graphic that it spellbound me, and for a moment it was as if I was once again standing in the field of dead soldiers in one of the great battles of the civil war that united our country under the great king of Correspondence, and i could confirm these old legends to be true. For when I looked down upon the pool of red mist and blood of the lake I saw in the mirrored image a prophecy. I saw the silhouettes of two wicked men, their grin wide enough to reveal a set of spiky teeth. In their arms a set of knives soaked red with the blood of innocent townies. I believe i understand now just who one of these men were and what the imagery was symbolizing. Blatant Scum. One of our men, our brother in arms. He is indeed one of the wicked creatures. And I shall have no rest, not a moments peace until he is exposed and brought upon the swift justice of our blade. His words are false, his tone is all wrong and lying within his temple are the lies and deceit of a demon. Now the time has come. The time for all of us to show our unity and place ballots in favour of executing this scum.

- NorwegianboyEE
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.3
    Current Votes

NorwegianboyEE (2) -
    Blatant Scum, jjh927
    Blatant Scum (2) -
    Extrapolated Wolf, NorwegianboyEE
    Not Voting (5) -
    Vorkuta, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Saladman27, Team Looker

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Last edited by Correspondence on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Reminder: All letters except your first are subject to a delivery delay of at least 24 hours, so if you were expecting a letter to be delivered today, please check timestamps. If you believe an error has been made, please feel free to contact us directly.

Our apologies for the slight delay. Mail call is tied to 0:00 GMT, but life occasionally intervenes. For adjudicating when a letter is to be delivered, 0:00 will be used regardless of any tardiness on our part.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Post by Correspondence »

It is of critical importance that we fully understand the difficulties inherent within this system. I propose that we timestamp when our letters were sent, so that we can understand what content was available at the time they were sent. Furthermore, I suggest that we need not withhold letters in order that we have more available to send later, for our communication is especially vital at this time.

It is my understanding that jjh927 shall continue to vote the slot formerly occupied by Kittenlicks that now belongs to NorweiganboyEE, for reasons stated previously as well as new reasons assumed to be easily discernible by the layman. However, I find the first set of letters to be distributed thus far, and their overall lack of content, to be alarming- with particular scrutiny towards Michael Scott for the rather concerning continuous contentless conversation. An introduction does not necessitate itself, and I would have preferred some early commentary rather than sending a letter merely for its own end. Action is required to overcome these early stages with little information. Just as emperor penguins coordinate diving and feeding as a group, so too must we coordinate and contribute as best we can, or we shall not find those vile traitors who so cruelly murdered me.

I hope that letters with more substance to them, especially with regards to the Kittenlicks slot and my vote there, shall be published in the near future, though of course I shall not see them until after I have sent this letter. I shall be sorely disappointed if this is not the case by the time of this letter being published. In keeping with my proposal, I shall timestamp when I send this letter in GMT. This could be considered an experiment of sort, and of course I welcome and encourage additional participants.

Regards,
    Your ghostly guide,
    PenguinPower

as of 23:54 GMT 12 Nov
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.4
    Current Votes

NorwegianboyEE (2) -
    Blatant Scum, jjh927
    Blatant Scum (2) -
    Not Voting (5) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Correspondence »

The very observant among you will notice that jjh927's postage stamp reserve has not been reduced. An error was made in calculating when said letter was to be posted, and it would properly have been eligible for posting yesterday. The error stems from entirely from incorrect time zone translation on the mods' part. To compensate for the added delay, jjh927's has not been "charged". The source of the error has been compensated for, and we do not anticipate it again.

Please pardon your poor mods.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by Correspondence »

We believe the error can be traced to how MafiaScum.net records Daylight Savings Time. We have adjusted our account preferences to reflect time accurately.

Apologies again.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Extrapolated WolfTo whoever finds this message—which Feathers has decided to call from henceforth: "Rescuer" (perhaps a bit too optimistically)—

We beg that you procrastinate no longer. Fox has discovered what we believe to be the very last bit of alcohol from the ship wreck, so we have decided to have a feast like we are English Gentleman in a bit of a faux peace that came upon us after convincing ourselves — at least our more conscious parts — that they follow us no longer. Deep down, we both know this to be completely untrue, but I think we were both a bit weak of mind and heart when we came to the island, so pretending is perhaps a bit good for us.

During our feast of a few berries, a dead squirrel that Fox caught, and the last of the intoxicating beverage, we decided to speak and write like those of high society (to the bestthat each of us could remember of it) and began to remember better times — years ago when we had families, friends, and rivals. Oh, for the days when we thought those rivals were the worst in the world. Feathers specifically speaks of an old manager he had, and how he'd caught him with a llama doing evil deeds behind the backs of his corporate leadership. He recounted this story with much laughter, but grew somber as he remembered farther back even still, to years ago. He described a particularly arduous situation for himself, one in which, he proposed, he'd gone mad, and when he described the names of the other people involved, Fox took amusement to the story and began clicking his tongue, at which Feathers fell into a raucous laughter. This caused us both to immediately silence ourselves, and we looked grimly at the crack from which we both swore we heard them approaching. Thankfully, we escaped from our lives, but neither of us said anything for another day.

I recognize I ramble uncontrollably in this letter, perhaps this was more for me, than you, but may it give you hope that we are alive, and reconcilable with society. Do not give up on us. Find us, please.

Fearfully,
    ~ Fox and Feathers

PS: The squirrel was stringy and not very tasty. Send pastries. ~ Fox
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.5
    Current Votes

NorwegianboyEE (2) -
    Blatant Scum, jjh927
    Blatant Scum (2) -
    Not Voting (5) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Correspondence »

No mail arrived today. Get writing!
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.6
    Current Votes

Extrapolated Wolf (3) -
    jjh927, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott
    Blatant Scum (2) -
    NorwegianboyEE (1) -
    Blatant Scum
    Not Voting (3) -
    Vorkuta, Saladman27, Team Looker

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Various prods will be going out shortly. While we have elected to treat votes as eligible activity for meeting prod threshold, please engage with the game via letter. Ten letters per game day may sound like a small number for a game with month-long deadlines, but remember that this is a Micro, and we are roughly 20% of the way to deadline already.

Additionally, we have decided that due to a lack of familiarity with content, Team Looker is to be issued a new style and character. If anyone else has concerns about their ability to play to their specified character, please address it with us as soon as possible.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.7
    Current Votes

Extrapolated Wolf (4) -
    jjh927, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Saladman27
    Blatant Scum (2) -
    NorwegianboyEE (1) -
    Blatant Scum
    Michael Scoot (1) -
    Vorkuta
    Not Voting (1) -
    Team Looker

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Now that I have been dead for some time, I realise one of my biggest regrets is that some of my findings have gone unpublished. I shall seek to rectify this in part.

One particular unpublished study concerned the introduction of a democratic system to a colony of penguins. No journal would accept it as the experiment failed; we could not get enough of the penguins to vote, which severely hindered the progress of their democracy, and they ultimately reverted back to a military dictatorship after failing to reach a verdict in a war crimes tribunal. However, I think a lesson could be learnt from this failure- if you do not vote, and you do not discuss the act of voting, then you play into the hands of war criminals.

I believe jjh927 is currently voting Extrapolated Wolf for posting two distinct letters irrelevant to our circumstances. One should be more than enough. I do acknowledge that they are using their vote, which raises them above a substantial number of individuals by that measure. This is, however, an awful measure of quality which I hope will soon become totally defunct and otherwise scorned by the academic community.

I might also bring your attention to the first letter written by NorwegianboyEE, which is simply a dramatic narration of the votes made by Extrapolated Wolf and NorwegianboyEE against Blatant Scum and should not be confused for content- though I suspect it may have been crafted to appear as such. It does not, in any sense, fill me with confidence in the integrity of its author.

I hope that the most important message of this letter, regarding the importance of voting, reaches those who may have forgotten it.

Regards,
    Your ghostly guide,
    PenguinPower

As of 02:14 GMT 16 Nov

Apologies for the late mail delivery, an oversight was pointed out to us.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.8
    Current Votes

Extrapolated Wolf (4) -
    jjh927, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Saladman27
    Blatant Scum (2) -
    NorwegianboyEE (1) -
    Blatant Scum
    Michael Scoot (1) -
    Vorkuta
    Not Voting (1) -
    Team Looker

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Correspondence »

extrapolated wolfTo my Rescuer,

The days are long and I have been growing bored. Feathers has made for excellent company, of course, but we cannot exert ourselves too much lest we dehydrate. We’ve put some distance between us and our pursuers at this point—we’ve earned a rest—at least for the time being.

The other day, Feathers and I observed a native islander, nickname of jjh. His manner with the other inhabitants and shrewd observations have made us keen to make sure he stays alive. We’ll need all the friends we can get if you don’t come soon. Please come soon. You will come soon—won’t you?

~ Fox and Feathers

dingle dangle scarecrowDear Bellaphant,

I couldn't agree more - we have overbooked ourselves, and it seems only natural to thin out the guest list starting at the infamous Table Ten.
    Dingle Dangle ScarecrowI'd love to know more about how blatant scum got on wolf's bad side.
    Oooh, quite the gossip, are we? I can't say I'm not curious myself though, especially since Extrapolated Wolf hasn't addressed this with the rest of the party. I would normally feel bad for sticking my nose into other people's business, but we don't want any conflicts spoiling the party, you know?

Michael Scott and Saladman haven't responded to their RSVPs yet. I tried to get in touch with them, but they haven't given me anything last I checked. Hopefully they're still planning on attending?

I'm counting the days, love. I can't wait.

- Klick
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.8
    Current Votes

Extrapolated Wolf (3) -
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Saladman27
    Blatant Scum (2) -
    Michael Scoot (1) -
    Vorkuta
    Team Looker (1) -
    jjh927
    Vorkuta (1) -
    Blatant Scum
    Not Voting (1) -
    Team Looker

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    KittenLicks
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Last edited by Correspondence on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Saladman27To the very good men at the Paragon Daily,

I present to you my newest advice, again this is not related to my situation at all.

- Dear Saladman, my fellow shipmates want to throw an animal overboard! They’re saying he’s doing nothing and is the killer! What do I do? If I don’t vote, they’ll turn on me too! Oh Saladman, I need your great advice. - Dog Lover

- Dear Dog Lover, you should definitely and absolutely vote to throw the animal overboard. This activity is suspicious for dogs, they are very intuitive and always have something to say.

extrapolated wolfTo my Rescuer (I hope this title ages well),

I have grown paranoid again, growing more-so as the food runs short. My trust and hope still lies in an islander by the name of jjh. It has been made evident that he has only the best wishes in store for everyone on the island. While observing the… inhabitants from our vantage point—we observed one islander not playing with the rest. Later, we explored the area in which we’d seen him playing. Feathers found the name “VORKUTA” scrawled in the sand.

We all seem to be engaging in a game of cat and mouse, but this islander refuses to play near the wagons of others. Is this another threat to rival Blatant Scum? Why does this islander refuse to play with the others?

I would be interested in his response. Perhaps we can find another ally in this godforsaken place. Perhaps we’ll find another rabid beast to run away from.

If it helps you find me, this letter is timestamped 7:45 Phoenix Island Time.

~ Fox and Feathers
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Team LookerLooker (preschool) Academy File #1:

Nancy,

As you requested I have begun character evaluations for some of our young applicants. As you are aware, we only have room for 6, eliminations must be made.

I highly recommend JJH to be approved for a spot to the academy. The guy plays well with others and shows potential. Im probably exaggerating but I guy has a very bright future ahead of him. Definately has Looker’s Seal of Approval (TM)

On the other hand, saladman looks like someone to cross off the list. On further review Im seeing some possibly disturbing tendencies, including seeing decapitated barbie dolls and thats the minor issue. Now to be fair, he did maintain he got frustrated when the other children wouldn’t allow him to play house with them but when Tiffany came to me bawling because her teddybear, Fluffy had his left eye poked out, I realized something had to be done and soon. The situation has now gotten so bad, that Principal Scully has outright refused to even allow us to even have a pet rabbit like all of the other classes. I think that’s definitely a possible red flag that we absolutely ought not to ignore. I’m especially concerned that allowing him around the other gifted children could prove disastrous.

More is coming soon, I expect to hear some thoughts from you soon.

~ Sally.

NorwegianboyEELetter #2

I address you all.

The arguing in the farmhouse is getting louder.
    But they all go quiet once they realize the great earl of Correspondence mafia is about to speak. Our glorious and eternal leader Extrapolated Wolf.
    He stands up slowly from his seat with shaky legs. All his motions are old and tardy. Everyone can see his obvious weakness and start whispering. They know he is the one and the same hero described to us from the legends, the one who banished the wicked and ancient scum tribe from their seat of power and paved the way for the golden age of townies. But time has been cruel on him. He now has a long white and busty beard, his bones are feeble and the days where he held a sword has long since passed.

He starts speaking. He starts going on about how rabbits have been multiplying without end, apparently some sort of penguins have been spotted north in the country. Everyone starts groaning, wondering when his endless recitals and boring irrelevant observations will end.

What he’s saying simply isn’t of importance right now. There are obvious scum on the loose yet our great leader will not see it. Even i start to lose faith in the chiefdom of Extrapolated Wolf upon hearing his extrapolated guesswork and annoyingly low wheezing. Not a word was spared from his mouth about our current predicament. About the scum that are hiding among us.

I must say, things are looking bad for us here. And if our leader doesn’t start making sense then it is entirely likely that one of the power hungry underlings sitting on the table will rebel against his rule and create utter chaos for our society.

I sense a disturbance in the air, a climate of evil descending upon our peaceful realm. The mafia’s machinations are at work.

Let this not be a word of advice, but a word of warning. To you all.

- NorwegianboyEE
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.9
    Current Votes

Extrapolated Wolf (3) -
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Michael Scott, Saladman27
    Vorkuta (2) -
    Blatant Scum, Extrapolated Wolf
    Blatant Scum (1) -
    NorwegianboyEE
    Michael Scott (1) -
    Vorkuta
    Team Looker (1) -
    jjh927
    Saladman27 (1) -
    Team Looker
    Not Voting (0) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Last edited by Correspondence on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Extrapolated WolfRescuers (for Fox pointed out that it's likely there are more than one of you, and we wish not to offend anyone by leaving them unnoticed in our letters),

Our pursuers make it ever difficult to keep writing. We have received a few letters from other beings, but each of them seems to be addressed to someone else, and we do not know you, so we do not know how to address you directly ourselves. This situation is remarkably difficult, demoralizing, and ever more than what Feathers signed up for. On top of that, we just spilled the last of our ink, so now we must frantically dab at it off the ground.

There is almost nothing anywhere for any of us to know who has turned the natives against us, and hope is almost lost. If any of you can even assist us in how to deal with these issues we present you, we would both find it ever so helpful.

One thing I—Feathers—can respond to: one particularly dull member of this mailing group seems to think that our interest in Blatant Scum in the first several pages of the game has any sort of correlation to our relationship with the natives and their hostility. To this particular applicant - on what island would any marooned person have any indication of other sailors of interest on the island? When would the hostiles ever have any specific sentient in mind instead of simply wanting them all gone? The fact that there is any interest in our response to this whatsoever embarrasses Feathers that he would be stuck on the same island as such people.

Sincerely,
    Fox and Feathers
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.10
    Current Votes

Extrapolated Wolf (2) -
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow, Saladman27
    Michael Scott (2) -
    Vorkuta, jjh927
    Saladman27 (2) -
    Team Looker, Michael Scott
    Vorkuta (2) -
    Blatant Scum (1) -
    NorwegianboyEE

Not Voting (0) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
    NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Last edited by Correspondence on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by Correspondence »

I understand that finding the traitors in our midst is a new area of study, and is lacking in prior publications to peruse for possibilities. However, do not be disheartened! Through peer review we shall ensure that our work is quality, and thus find the answers we seek.

A quick literature study determines that townreading jjh927 is not a revolutionary idea and, while further evidence and support is always welcomed, I do not feel anything more should be published featuring this concept as its primary focus. I find Extrapolated Wolf's latest findings to be interesting but I have some concerns about their methodology. Dingle Dangle Scarecrow's approach to Extrapolated Wolf is fascinating and differs somewhat from my latest findings, and I would be interested in seeing what they come up with in the future as more data is made available.

As of late, I find my brief interest in chasing down Team Looker to have been a step in the wrong direction, and turn my attention to Michael Scott as the most suspicious player to have entertained the thought of scum!Wolf, due to the silence there otherwise. I have moved away from my early work on Extrapolated Wolf for now, but that should not indicate that I do not believe there is room for further study.

Regards,
    Your ghostly guide,
    PenguinPower

As of 04:41 GMT 21 Nov
    Michael ScottTo: Jan Levinson-Gould
    Subject: Performance Memo

Salads
    :
    I told you I hate Salad, but now he's just encouraging everyone else to throw aboard a dog (who does look pretty wild) - who does that?? I know this is a doggy dog world, but... you should fire him. I think he might just be Toby in disguise.

Team Looker
    :
    I remember Nancy from my old job!! I thought she was going to out-speak Kelly over here, but she's surprisingly silent... Should I let her go instead?

Jim's Magic Pills
    :
    Jim gave me some pills saying they'd increase my smarts, and I feel it's working... my performance is at top notch! Can't wait to be employee of the month soon!

Toby
    :
    He's the worst! Really bad performance. Can you just fire him and end this, Jan?
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #34) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:29 pm

Post by Correspondence »

-
    Last edited by Correspondence on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #35) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dingle Dangle ScarecrowDear Dingle,

You know, I'm getting the feeling that wolf just got bored waiting for more information. They've identified a potential mutual friend in JJ - I think we'll just have to make sure our entertainment is on point to keep them engaged. We'll have to ask him what his issue with vortku is, as we still need to work on seating.

There's still a lack of response from certain quarters, and I believe we need to start chasing. I also find it really concerning that we did receive a reply from salad, but that it contained no indication of his thoughts or even an RSVP.

Love,

Dangle
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.11
    Current Votes

Saladman27 (3) -
    Team Looker, Michael Scott, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott (2) -
    Vorkuta, jjh927
    Vorkuta (2) -
    Extrapolated Wolf (1) -
    Saladman27
    Blatant Scum (1) -
    NorwegianboyEE

Not Voting (0) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Saladman27 and Blatant Scum are being prodded.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.12
    Current Votes

Michael Scott (4) -
    Vorkuta, jjh927, Extrapolated Wolf, NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27 (3) -
    Vorkuta (1) -
    Blatant Scum
    Extrapolated Wolf (1) -
    Saladman27

Not Voting (0) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Extrapolated WolfTo our Rescuers,

It's just Fox this time. Feathers is sleeping. We found a alcove at the top of a cliff we can use to rest in! and hide.

We've been growing more acquainted with the island dwellers since our arrival. I've taken quite a liking to jjh, but you know that already. Dingle and Looker have also been friends who I feel rather safe with. Looker asked the other day what issue I had with that Vorkuta character. It seems I hadn't made myself clear enough, but while we discussed who might have poisoned the natives against us, I found the unwillingness to place his vote on someone anyone else was already voting for rather interesting behavior. I still would like to hear a response from him. I am—perhaps—a little more hopeful than Feathers that this issue on the island can be solved.

Meanwhile, Michael expresses no trust in anyone—or if I misunderstood, voicing a liking on jjh that other's have already stated adnauseam—instead choosing only to voice suspicions. While I understand being paranoid, it seems to me that an important part of survival on this island is finding people you trust. Why hasn't he been attempting the same?

That is all for today. I will return with Feathers in my next note. I hope some of my questions are answered by then.

~ Fox and Feathers
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.13
    Current Votes

Michael Scott (4) -
    Saladman27 (3) -
    Vorkuta (1) -
    Blatant Scum
    Extrapolated Wolf (1) -
    Saladman27

Not Voting (0) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Blatant Scum
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    Image Image Image Image Image Image
    NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:07 am

Post by Correspondence »

Billy Pilgrim replaces Blatant Scum effective immediately.
    Saladman27 has requested replacement. If you know anyone who might be interested in replacing him, please forward their name to us.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Team LookerLooker Academy Log #2:

Nancy,

I havent heard from you in awhile. Im starting to worry.

Things have gotten quiet around here, too quiet.

As per my last message, I move to remove salad, nothing has changed.

Please get back to me with a list of the other applicants asap,

Sally
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.14
    Current Votes

Michael Scott (4) -
    Saladman27 (3) -
    Vorkuta (1) -
    Billy Pilgrim
    Extrapolated Wolf (1) -
    Saladman27

Not Voting (0) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Billy Pilgrim
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Correspondence »

NorwegianboyEELetter #3

I address all of ye undecided souls who have yet to join a wagon.

In this particular hour of unrest the trickster always seem to lie just beyond the horizon. Almost within sight. But on further examination, not quite.

It is a burden for anyone caught in this situation to be forced to make decisions like this. But the wagon on fellow Michael Scott is supported by men of firm character that i have no doubt will bring us one step closer to solving our predicament.

I ask of you, fellow Billy Pilgrim, and fellow Saladman27 to join in communion and together we shall open up the innards of Michael Scott and investigate whether the wickedness of mafia possesses him.

I eagerly await your reply.

- NorwegianboyEE
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Votecount 1.15
    Current Votes

Michael Scott (4) -
    Saladman27 (3) -
    Vorkuta (1) -
    Billy Pilgrim
    Extrapolated Wolf (1) -
    Saladman27

Not Voting (0) -

Postage Stamp Reserve

Vorkuta
    Billy Pilgrim
    jjh927
    Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
    Michael Scott
    Extrapolated Wolf
    NorwegianboyEE
    Saladman27
    Team Looker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dear loyal viewers,

I began this open letter intending to apologize for absenteeism these past two days. For what it's worth, that apology is still in effect, as we have not been vigorously communicating, and the lack of update on the game's status is ultimately the moderator(s) responsibility. Additionally, Billy Pilgrim's role PM was somehow lost in the mail, though that has now been rectified.

However, we have also received no new mail from the time we last posted. It was my intention to post any and all letters received immediately at no stamp charge, but none are in evidence. Indeed, the majority of participants have not sent letters in more than a week.

Please let this letter serve as a reminder that while participation in this venture is highly atypical, it is not optional. Anyone who does not submit a letter (not merely a bare vote) in the next 72 hours will be considered to have flaked.

Efforts to replace Saladman27 have been stymied, but will be redoubled. If you have concerns about the game, up to and including questioning whether this format is viable, feel free to speak your mind to us via PM.

Highest regards,

Jules Verne, on behalf of Mr. Bram Stoker
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Also, the deadline is hereby frozen at 10 days until we are certain we have a full complement of players.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #51) » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Billy PilgrimManager's training notes - Initial session

Coming in midway through training season is difficult. Not sure what Blatant Scum did to get sacked by the board but apparently the expectations are high here at Real Expedition. Honestly strikes me a bit strange, because there isnt much to speak of as far as talent goes, and now the board is telling me that by the end of the month I've got to trim one of these people off the roster. I think I walked into a setup, because I don't know how I avoid relegation with these circumstances, but I must press on.

I know I won't be cutting JJH. That guy is captain potential, shades of Stevie G. Real leadership quality. While some folks have been walking around the field staring at the grass, JJH has been exhorting them to keep their head in the game. I mean hes got this weird thing where he claims he isnt JJH, hes actually channelling some dead guy, but I dont care whose head gets on the end of the crosses as long as he keeps directing them on net.

Also won't be cutting Dingle Dangle Snowman or team looker. (Honestly who is naming people these days? What happened to the days of solid names? Your Steven Gerrards, Michael Owens, Jamie Carragher, Fernando Torres, Virgil Van Dijk? Instead we got these guys running around calling themselves the Dingle Dangle Snowman. I dont know if they can whip crosses into the box, but they certainly seem to be trying. They're asking others to put in more effort, and they do seem dedicated to the team. They're not talking about what they had for dinner.

Speaking of talking about what they had for dinner, this Extrapolated Wolf seems preoccupied with food. It's like they mistook us for a club with a big budget. Early on, they were just babbling about things I couldn't understand, and I was thinking about cutting them. Seeing more effort over the more recent sessions so they should stay.

Norwegian strikes me as the type of player that is gonna tell at other guys to get busy while not putting in the effort on his own. I mean sure, hes voting, but hes just telling stories in the old language. Aside from him liking the people that want to dump Michael Scott, I dont know why he wants to dump Michael Scott.

Honestly I forgot Vorkuta was even at training today. I think I heard him muttering something in the corner about masks, but I dont think hes even trying to make this team. It's weird though, I've had him on a team of mine before, and he was more dangerous to that team when he was trying to be a leader. He was a leader just to sabotage us. So weirdly, I dont know whether hes working against us here or just bored.

For my first cut, I'm really leaning toward either Michael Scott or Saladman. Not sure a middle aged paper company manager belongs on a proper football team anyway. But I've seen nothing from him all session. All he could say was that JJH was a hell of a player, but even Jose Mourinho couldn't say anything bad about JJH. So really he doesnt seem to be giving me anything here. He seems to be complaining about Saladman because he had concerns about Wolf. But at the time Salad had concerns about Wolf, Wolf seemed to be more interested in looking for lunch than getting stuck into challenges. So I think that's a weird reason to have such concerns. Honestly I think Michael is just mad that Salad was suspicious of him.

As for Salad, I only feel slightly better about bringing him along to another month of training. He doesnt seem concerned with how he explains his play to the rest of the team. I'm honestly worried that such lack of communication is a real liability to the team. How will people understand where he plans on passing without communication. Runs will be mistimed, we will lose possession. True disaster.

It was an illuminating first day. I had alot to catchup on. Hopefully I won't need to waste as much ink as I go.

Billy Pilgrim.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #52) » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dear loyal viewers,

It has been two days, and but two of you have responded. If this trend does not reverse, we may be forced to consider more radical remedies.
    Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #53) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Correspondence »

Correspondence
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Correspondence
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 am

Post by Correspondence »

Dear beleaguered players,

It may surprise some of you not at all to hear that we have decided to terminate this experiment. We have reviewed the astrological charts, consulted with the ListMod, made the appropriate sacrifices, and divined the proper course. With six replacements out of nine apparently needed, we do not see a reasonable way forward. This model of game is hereby assessed a moderate failure; in particular the system of delayed delivery seems to have inhibited good flow of ideas, and the assignment of roles without player input has been deemed problematic, as it discouraged player ownership. We will be going back to the drawing board to examine the data, and will re-queue with a modified design for future enjoyment. We thank you for your participation in this experiment, and we will open the thread for normal discussion.

As always, our best regards,

Bram Stoker, Esq.
    Jules Verne, Esq.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”