Micro 956 | 2of4 | Dinosaur Comics™ - GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Blair »

Vote Count 1.6

Umlaut
(4) - ClarkBar, Alisae, Hiraki, CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
(1) - Umlaut
Hiraki
(1) - z3KIDNYSTONE
SleeperSoul
(1) - Nexus
Nexus:
(1) - SleeperSoul
Alisae
(1) - CreativeMod1

Not Voting
(0):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to cancel.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-09 07:00:00)

Notes:
  • ClarkBar has (expired on 2020-07-07 05:35:00) to pick up their prod.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 129, Alisae wrote:
In post 127, CultOfAthena wrote:Faux confidence isn't very hard to fake, and that sort of exaggerated reaction formation to give the appearance of having very strong reads is plausible as a response to not actually having any. I've seen it before from scum.
Yes. Generally, it can be done by scum and its not hard to fake.
However within the context of this game I feel like its probably town
Why?
In post 135, Hiraki wrote:Umlaut - I see a scumflip here
SleeperSoul - No read here.
Nexus - No read here - weird to see that other people drop reads here and then don't say much more. Both on the town and mafia side.
Alisae - Scum lean but barely at that
CreativeMod1 - Only real TR this game atm
ClarkBar - No read
z3KIDNYSTONE - No read, promised content 2 days ago for a game that is only 6 pages long as if that would really change everything and hasn't delivered
CultOfAthena - I actually really enjoy the content coming from this slot. TR but nothing solid for me to grasp on, yet.
Calling CM1 your only real townread this game doesn't exactly seem in line with your directly previous post. What is supposed to be if CM1 is your only real townread?

Why spend time and all those words on him rather than someone you don't have a read on?
In post 139, Hiraki wrote:No - it's not characterizing your post at all. It's trying to figure out what the point of it is. Your thoughts are bleak at best. Furthermore, telling me that I can come up to my own conclusion on it and then also saying that my conclusion is a mischaracterization of the post is contradictory.
Those aren't contradictory. You
can
come to whatever conclusion you like – what that conclusion is and whether or not it makes any sense is another story.

This post in general is pretty weird. I don't understand the accusation that Sleeper is voting someone who he hasn't talked about when , the post where he made that vote, is basically exclusively about Nexus.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 146, Alisae wrote:CultOfAthena - I am proceeding with caution here.
Scared?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Alisae »

because he started out as that so early.
Maybe after a scumread of his flip town maybe I'd give it more though but i don't think scum!nexus opens out like that this early even with him saying "be gentle on me" with his first post
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

and i'm proceeding with caution for you because I can't tell the difference between fake scumhunting or real scumhunting given what you posted
GTKAS
| here.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 151, CultOfAthena wrote:Calling CM1 your only real townread this game doesn't exactly seem in line with your directly previous post. What is 134 supposed to be if CM1 is your only real townread?
Hope for improvement.
In post 151, CultOfAthena wrote:Why spend time and all those words on him rather than someone you don't have a read on?
Most people who I don't have a read on also haven't said anything of substance for me to read them on.
In post 151, CultOfAthena wrote:Those aren't contradictory. You can come to whatever conclusion you like – what that conclusion is and whether or not it makes any sense is another story.
That's not what he was saying though.
In post 151, CultOfAthena wrote:This post in general is pretty weird. I don't understand the accusation that Sleeper is voting someone who he hasn't talked about when 132, the post where he made that vote, is basically exclusively about Nexus.
Okay - and here is what he said -
In post 132, SleeperSoul wrote:I reread the opening of the game, and I get the impression that Nexus is a little over-eager to lynch. His responses to people questioning his early pressure do not give me townie vibes.
Great - I don't agree with this. It would be nice to know where this happened and how it's scummy. Saying something is scummy and showing it are two different things.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Blair »

Prodding z3KIDNYSTONE.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:08 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 139, Hiraki wrote:
In post 138, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 134, Hiraki wrote:Why is 90% of this post not about Nexus? Who is supposed to agree with you here?
The first question is a mischaracterization of my post. Nobody is 'supposed' to agree with me, I'm just providing my thoughts on the game and everyone is free to come to their own conclusions.
No - it's not characterizing your post at all. It's trying to figure out what the point of it is. Your thoughts are bleak at best. Furthermore, telling me that I can come up to my own conclusion on it and then also saying that my conclusion is a mischaracterization of the post is contradictory.

My entire point is that you're voting someone yet you have said nothing about them. Does the vote matter? Are you actually trying to get people to join your wagon? My answer to both of these is no but you are welcome to solidify your points whenever you like. If someone quotes that post and says that they'll vote Nexus on it, then perhaps I'm wrong. I do not believe I am wrong in this scenario though and I do not have evidence otherwise.

Okay, this is something I can work with. I suggest as an alternative to your first 2 stilted questions, that something like "You did not provide enough evidence to back up your read on Nexus" would be a more beneficial form of communication for everyone.
In post 117, Nexus wrote:
In post 112, Alisae wrote:Nexus what do u not like about SleeperSoul again?
My first impression is they post in a way that I’d hate their guts but I can kinda see town behind it?
idk they seem like they are newbscum but i might be wrong.

ur such a naughty.

This is what I was talking about in terms of not getting townie vibe's from his response to questioning his pressure. He just repeats that I'm newbscum with no explanation. And then also concedes that he might be wrong. That to me directly contradicts his seeming confidence, that he displayed in his post directly before this one.
In post 90, Nexus wrote:
In post 88, SleeperSoul wrote:Do you think I was hiding by engaging in your pressure on me? I had to engage twice before you responded.

Also, how sure are you that my behavior is indicative of scum and not someone who's only completed 1 game and thus is not completely familiar and comfortable with the timing of votes?
I don't tend to engage with obvscum.

Newbscum.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 157, SleeperSoul wrote:Okay, this is something I can work with. I suggest as an alternative to your first 2 stilted questions, that something like "You did not provide enough evidence to back up your read on Nexus" would be a more beneficial form of communication for everyone.
Duly noted.
In post 157, SleeperSoul wrote:He just repeats that I'm newbscum with no explanation. And then also concedes that he might be wrong. That to me directly contradicts his seeming confidence, that he displayed in his post directly before this one.
Lack of confidence is a scumtell? Throwing a read out is a scumtell?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Hiraki »

And before you make the obvious next move here, as you don't seem to enjoy conversation, Nexus isn't dumb. He's clearly pushing on you with no reasoning. If scum were always so obvious, this game would not be a challenge.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:21 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 158, Hiraki wrote:
In post 157, SleeperSoul wrote:Okay, this is something I can work with. I suggest as an alternative to your first 2 stilted questions, that something like "You did not provide enough evidence to back up your read on Nexus" would be a more beneficial form of communication for everyone.
Duly noted.
In post 157, SleeperSoul wrote:He just repeats that I'm newbscum with no explanation. And then also concedes that he might be wrong. That to me directly contradicts his seeming confidence, that he displayed in his post directly before this one.

The two scenarios in your questions are not scumtells on their own. The scumtell is the seeming contradiction made in two posts that directly follow eachother. At first he seems confident for no reason. Then he seems not so confident for no reason. THAT contradiction, with nothing stated in between, is what gives me a slight scumping. More familiarity with his meta would certainly help solidify my read.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:41 am

Post by ClarkBar »

I'm here, sorry I let it get to a prod state. Let me read up!

Really am sorry, it was a crazy weekend.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 160, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 158, Hiraki wrote:
Duly noted.

The two scenarios in your questions are not scumtells on their own. The scumtell is the seeming contradiction made in two posts that directly follow eachother. At first he seems confident for no reason. Then he seems not so confident for no reason. THAT contradiction, with nothing stated in between, is what gives me a slight scumping. More familiarity with his meta would certainly help solidify my read.
Good luck, this is my first game in like three years and I also played the last game in a hydra - i think all my other games were invitationals.

Meta is bollocks anyway smileyface
Trans rights are human rights.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:58 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

@Nexus:

Do you have anything to say about posting two contradictory opinions right after each other, and not providing any reasons for either of them?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 163, SleeperSoul wrote:@Nexus:

Do you have anything to say about posting two contradictory opinions right after each other, and not providing any reasons for either of them?
Nope
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Nexus »

Don't misrep "right after one another" either. There were at least 20 posts between the two opinions. Almost 24 hours. "right after one another" don't chat shit.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Nexus »

I'm reading Ali as town. Ali thinks you're probably not newbscum. Ali is more experienced than me recently. So I was willing to defer to their opinion. That's your answer.
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:03 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 165, Nexus wrote:Don't misrep "right after one another" either. There were at least 20 posts between the two opinions. Almost 24 hours. "right after one another" don't chat shit.

I checked your ISO. You did not post anything between those two posts. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if you had provided reasons in either of the two posts.

In post 166, Nexus wrote:I'm reading Ali as town. Ali thinks you're probably not newbscum. Ali is more experienced than me recently. So I was willing to defer to their opinion. That's your answer.
To sheep someone just because they are more experienced than you, especially while confidently stating that "You're obvscum", with no reasons given..... That is not a very townie look to me.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:39 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 165, Nexus wrote:Don't misrep "right after one another" either. There were at least 20 posts between the two opinions. Almost 24 hours. "right after one another" don't chat shit.
This is a good point!

It's kinda like if I said "I think Player A is towny" and then Player A does something really scummy and my next post says "I think Player A is quite scummy"

Yes my 2 posts together make it look like I've given completely opposite opinions but given something happened in-between the 2 posts, there's a context for why I said what I said
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 167, SleeperSoul wrote:

I checked your ISO. You did not post anything between those two posts. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if you had provided reasons in either of the two posts.

In post 166, Nexus wrote:I'm reading Ali as town. Ali thinks you're probably not newbscum. Ali is more experienced than me recently. So I was willing to defer to their opinion. That's your answer.
To sheep someone just because they are more experienced than you, especially while confidently stating that "You're obvscum", with no reasons given..... That is not a very townie look to me.
Whether or not I had posted between the time period is irrelevant, the game had moved on. It'd be more worrying if my reads didn't change.

You might find it hard to believe but I don't care what you think looks townie or not.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Nexus »

But you keep trying to misrep me. See how that goes.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 118, CreativeMod1 wrote:Oh sorry, to answer it was when he was trying to compare someones game to how they played previously when said player was a town, idk that sounds like them trying to get a read on them?

Also Cult put Umlaut at L-1 and then Alisae voted Umlaut? so urm 1) shouldn't we stop talking, like isn't that a lynch? 2) Alisae, that's kinda scummy of you to make a final vote on someone without giving them a chance to say something, like whether it's funny or not, what if they were a cop or something?
The more I read this post the more I'm convinced it's fake. If CM1 has played more than zero games before then his reaction is more pronounced than "gee, that's kinda scummy, are you sure it was a good idea to hammer like that?"

VOTE: CreativeMod1
In post 134, Hiraki wrote:You can't just come in here say that something is bad and then leave without doing anything more. That is the problem that Umlaut rightfully (yes, I take it back - this game is stagnating) said. If everyone does nothing, then scum will walk over everyone.
Does it not affect your read on me at all, when you initially suspect me for something I say I did mostly to get the game moving because it was stagnating, and then it turns out the game really is stagnating?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

Nexus is making more sense than Sleeper in this exchange
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 159, Hiraki wrote:And before you make the obvious next move here, as you don't seem to enjoy conversation, Nexus isn't dumb. He's clearly pushing on you with no reasoning. If scum were always so obvious, this game would not be a challenge.
I can't understand what you're trying to say here. It looks almost like arguing Nexus is TStbS but I don't really believe you would make an argument like that, so what
are
you trying to say about Nexus?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss