Micro 1003: Divide and Conquer - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Like the entire point of coming up with something like that as scum is because you want to come off as town, but 655 shows very clearly ydrasse isn't thinking about how she's perceived.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 948, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 924, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 917, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 916, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 914, Infinity 324 wrote:No face was not pushing to kill you when you started SRing him
ok what do you think he was pushing me for then?
All I remember is him stating that he thought you were likely scum by PoE. That is what I did when I voted no face and then you.
I wouldn't think this is scum-indicative necessarily but it might be when I was getting on everyone's case about not TRing me. It's easier to just call me town there (esp when pooky has recent experience with scum!me that was very different from here)
Jingle what do you think about this? I basically SRed pooky for the same reason as no face
I mean... a lack of deserved paranoia towards me is one of the bigger reasons I think you’re sketchy. It’s not a reason to townread pooky, but I definitely understand it as a reason to scumread no face.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 950, Infinity 324 wrote:Like the entire point of coming up with something like that as scum is because you want to come off as town, but 655 shows very clearly ydrasse isn't thinking about how she's perceived.
I can’t explain why but the is basically the exact opposite of convincing me y is town.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I feel like I've been sufficiently paranoid of you, even though I didn't always super voice it? There was the post when I talked about you making sense as scum in the 3p hood if you didn't want to tryhard, and a couple times I questioned my pooky read because you were voting there
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 945, Bingle wrote:Really?

Whyfore? Just because I townread him?
Yes

Because I think he’s scum

No
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 952, Bingle wrote:
In post 950, Infinity 324 wrote:Like the entire point of coming up with something like that as scum is because you want to come off as town, but 655 shows very clearly ydrasse isn't thinking about how she's perceived.
I can’t explain why but the is basically the exact opposite of convincing me y is town.
At least I tried
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Menalque »

Talking about the ways in which and to what extent ydrasse is town is like the least interesting thing we could be doing

The most interesting? Yeeting norwee into the void
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

I will only speak in iambic pentameter in all micro games I play for the rest of 2021 if the next 4 posts are norwee votes
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Norwee hasn't made a post that could be construed as trying to look town
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Bingle »

Your early game interactions with me didn’t carry the same wariness I would expect from someone who knows I have a 50% chance of being scum and it did seem you were fairly spring loaded to skitter scum in our group before either skitter or I had done much of anything. You did walk that back a bit when you realized I have a reputation, which is interesting, but it doesn’t erase the behavior in the first place.

Mechanically speaking, me and skitter should have been your top two scum reads and I just never got the sense that I was in our interactions. It could be play style, but between that and you being 50/50 scum I don’t particularly trust you. OTOH, I’m also not really interested in litigating that read because narrowing down locktown in the 6p is far more useful right now.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 956, Menalque wrote:Talking about the ways in which and to what extent ydrasse is town is like the least interesting thing we could be doing

The most interesting? Yeeting norwee into the void
I thought I was pretty clearly fishing for reasoning, but let’s try it this way: Why do you think norwee is scum?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I don't *push* people that I don't think have done anything scummy I just vote them and only explain when necessary and that hasn't been a thing this game for obvious reasons

I think I came off more confident in skitt being scum before she posted than I was, it was a 55/45 thing
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 960, Bingle wrote:Why do you think norwee is scum?
Because of posts in his ISO
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Menalque »

lol

Bc I think that after actually looking back at the posts between pooky and hectic it could be SvT but it could be TvT

If it’s the latter, which seems more likely after rereading around (I think, this is off memory), the person who seems most set up to benefit from that is norwee
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Menalque »

Plus I don’t really think anyone has good reasons to TR him

Y dont u think he’s scum?
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by No Face »

In post 923, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 919, No Face wrote:I simply don't have the energy for this 1v1 Pooky is forcing but I do think him forcing it is very scum-indicative. I would rather just be eliminated today than have to fight him for pages upon pages if that's what it takes though, it just isn't enjoyable for me at all to do that

Menalque and skitter both scumread as usual :)

(I smile but I am actually reasonably frustrated)
hectic r u town? :(
Yes... I'm not kidding when I say I probably never try and mislaunch you day 1. I've seen that you don't go down without a lot of fight from that game where skitter mislaunched you or that recent micro you were in

That's waaaay too much effort for me and I don't have the mental fortitude

Are you town? &_&
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm obviously town

I would just be shitposting nonstop in the 3P if I was scum >.>
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by No Face »

I got the creeps from

Bingle managed to agree with both of us while also calling both of us scummy %_%
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 947, Bingle wrote:Not really?

Pooky is saying that No Face not reading into my willingness to eliminate Pooky as a possible argument for PookyTown presents itself as proof that No Face isn't actually attempting to read Pooky.

Me unvoting Pooky could mean that I could be scum with Pooky FYPOV, but that doesn't particularly detract from the argument that Pooky is making because at the time that No Face started pushing Pooky I was the biggest proponent of the elimination. Using my unvote to justify the behavior that came before my unvote is backwards logic, unless you also want to argue that NF knew I was going to unvote.

Hence, both Pooky and No Face are fairly scummy. In the world where Pooky is town, he raises some valid points about No Face. In the world where No Face is town, there is still circumstantial evidence that flipping Pooky is a strong play.

Does someone want to towncase Y for me? I'm a bit gunshy on townreading her based on a genuine attempt to gamesolve D1 for reasons I can't go into atm, and would be grateful for explanation.
No, because pooky is the one using the backwards logic in the first place.

When you voted pooky it was before he was at E-1, but pooky is using your willingness for him to be at E-1 as a reason why no face should consider.
But you are not very willing to keep pooky at E-1 as evidenced by your unvote when he got there, so what pooky is saying is just wrong.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I think it might be pooky and bingle.
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by No Face »

In post 966, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm obviously town

I would just be shitposting nonstop in the 3P if I was scum >.>
Why would you put yourself in the 3p hood? 2_"
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by No Face »

In post 969, Vanderscamp wrote:I think it might be pooky and bingle.
I really don't like Bingle for agreeing with Pooky's reasoning that I'm scummy for not reevaluating that one of my scumreads happens to be voting the other. I've been pushed for this as town before and I've never understood it, I just treat my reads independently, and no, Bingle voting for Pooky while I'm sus of both is not going to magically make me less suspicious of Pooky. Yes, it means they are less likely to be aligned if Bingle commits to that vote/push but before that, distancing is a thing, and even if I think Bingle/Pooky aren't aligned, what do I do? I townread 4 others in that and Pooky is nullscum, I don't just randomly go and scumread one of my townreads. I just really don't understand that scumread/reason at all but maybe Pooky and I just think differently

What I really don't like is Bingle agreeing with that assessment though (_(
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by No Face »

In post 947, Bingle wrote:Not really?

Pooky is saying that No Face not reading into my willingness to eliminate Pooky as a possible argument for PookyTown presents itself as proof that No Face isn't actually attempting to read Pooky.

Me unvoting Pooky could mean that I could be scum with Pooky FYPOV, but that doesn't particularly detract from the argument that Pooky is making because at the time that No Face started pushing Pooky I was the biggest proponent of the elimination. Using my unvote to justify the behavior that came before my unvote is backwards logic, unless you also want to argue that NF knew I was going to unvote.

Hence, both Pooky and No Face are fairly scummy. In the world where Pooky is town, he raises some valid points about No Face. In the world where No Face is town, there is still circumstantial evidence that flipping Pooky is a strong play.

Does someone want to towncase Y for me? I'm a bit gunshy on townreading her based on a genuine attempt to gamesolve D1 for reasons I can't go into atm, and would be grateful for explanation.
Bingle is saying this but not considering distancing is just a thing. A simple vote and early push isn't gonna make me rule out Bingle/Pooky as a scumteam. If Bingle is committed to it and really pushing it, sure, that means something, but Bingle didn't do nearly enough to rule that out as SvS, and he in fact unvoted later, proving that yes, it is easy for scum to distance and they can in fact change their votes and/or mind later. It's not like Bingle's committed to throwing out Pooky with that initial post

He has both Pooky and No Face bottom of his reads, he could totally just justify voting for me over Pooky eventually

I'm not sure if Pooky/Bingle are aligned but the point is, they definitely could be, and it's silly to assume I should rule that out

I do think Bingle is scum though "_"
No Face
No Face
Goon
No Face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by No Face »

Maybe I should vote for Bingle then :!
No Face
No Face