Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

This definitely seems like scum Marci from the newbie game
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 245, Lukewarm wrote:Norwee has voted Marci - what do Bingle and Not_Mafia think about that potential wagon?
I don't particularly. Norwee/NM apparently played with her in a newbie recently that I mean to read for meta soon, but I haven't gotten around to it. I also don't really plan on scumhunting the big pool, but rather townhunting the big pool and then teamhunting across pools. I will say that the pair of N_M/Norwee both being willing to go there is :eyebrows: for me.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You haven’t really townhunted in the big pool Bingle.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Do you have any reads yet or what?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by Bingle »

Disagree. We've talked about Dunn, I'm waiting for a response from Hopkirk, and I agree with your logic on GL given his response. Luke and Scamp both strike me as the kind where their alignment will be more obvious if I let them do their thing and I can afford to be a passive observer on marci at the moment.

Sometimes, it's better to know how to let the thread breathe to get reads.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Bingle can you talk about what I asked you about Dunn?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 6, Dunnstral wrote:NM being in the group of 3 is an anomoly. Is it because the deep scum is in the pool of 6 and NM is the other scum, or because they want to miselim NM in the smaller group?

VOTE: Bingle
This has serious reasoning on 1/3 of the small pool and a vote on a different 1/3 of the small pool.

If N_M flips scum, Dunn looks weird for having posted it and there's nothing to gain from having posted it. There's really nothing more that can be elaborated on there. Either you agree with the thought or you don't.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 11:22 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

nice, GL is the obvtown between GL/Lukewarm
In post 131, Bingle wrote:
In post 126, Hopkirk wrote:three or four things from Norway feel much more likely to come from town but who cares about sorting the small hood
- first post about 'fuck being in the 3p hood'
- being toxic to NM after reading his comments complaining about scum being toxic being personally upsetting to him like a week ago. either lacks self awareness and is doing it as scum to be unpleasant, memeing, theater, or town. vibes most as town there
- amount of posts
other stuff but those are three of them so it fills the 3-4 i mentioned to t h e letter

Elaborate, please.
In post 166, Bingle wrote:Hoppy, when did you talk to FL about norwee?
Me and hectic got lost backpacking and ended up in Norway one time and we saw this film set and Hectic was all like 'hey hop, isn't that flavour leaf working on the lighting tech'. i thought he was joking but it turned out that it actually was FL, then when we went over to say hi we all started joking about how it's weird that it wasn't Norway we met since we were in Norway at the time and FL started going on this long rant about how Norway has low WIM as scum or something...
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 11:27 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 175, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually is Hopkirk really subdued this game for some reason?
In post 176, Bingle wrote:I was avoiding bringing it up to see how he reacted to mild questioning, but yeah.
have we ever played together Bingle?
have you read much of my stuff recently Norway & subdued as in not memeing enough or not solving enough?
In post 190, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Assuming N_M scum we're left with:

Dunnstral
Hopkirk
marcistar

Vanderscamp's ISO doesn't lend itself well to being allied with N_M imo. Ping me if you disagree.
string of posts including/around this feels genuine because it's too fast
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 11:36 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 254, Bingle wrote:Disagree. We've talked about Dunn, I'm waiting for a response from Hopkirk, and I agree with your logic on GL given his response. Luke and Scamp both strike me as the kind where their alignment will be more obvious if I let them do their thing and I can afford to be a passive observer on marci at the moment.

Sometimes, it's better to know how to let the thread breathe to get reads.
what were you waiting on a response from me on?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 11:41 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

i don't have a problem with Vanders
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 11:42 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 257, Hopkirk wrote:nice, GL is the obvtown between GL/Lukewarm
In post 131, Bingle wrote:
In post 126, Hopkirk wrote:three or four things from Norway feel much more likely to come from town but who cares about sorting the small hood
Elaborate, please.
In post 166, Bingle wrote:Hoppy, when did you talk to FL about norwee?
Me and hectic got lost backpacking and ended up in Norway one time and we saw this film set and Hectic was all like 'hey hop, isn't that flavour leaf working on the lighting tech'. i thought he was joking but it turned out that it actually was FL, then when we went over to say hi we all started joking about how it's weird that it wasn't Norway we met since we were in Norway at the time and FL started going on this long rant about how Norway has low WIM as scum or something...
just reposting this with my response not within quotes because messed up

- first post about 'fuck being in the 3p hood'
- being toxic to NM after reading his comments complaining about scum being toxic being personally upsetting to him like a week ago. either lacks self awareness and is doing it as scum to be unpleasant, memeing, theater, or town. vibes most as town there
- amount of posts
other stuff but those are three of them so it fills the 3-4 i mentioned to t h e letter
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:53 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 256, Bingle wrote:
In post 6, Dunnstral wrote:NM being in the group of 3 is an anomoly. Is it because the deep scum is in the pool of 6 and NM is the other scum, or because they want to miselim NM in the smaller group?

VOTE: Bingle
This has serious reasoning on 1/3 of the small pool and a vote on a different 1/3 of the small pool.

If N_M flips scum, Dunn looks weird for having posted it and there's nothing to gain from having posted it. There's really nothing more that can be elaborated on there. Either you agree with the thought or you don't.
I very much disagree, I'm pretty neutral on the post but I actively dislike your analysis of it.

Dunn is not being bold here or giving serious reasoning, he is giving empty speculation without ever actually coming to a conclusion about it. I think this kind of analysis is super easy for scum to give because it sounds gamesolvey, but it doesn't actually take a stance or anything or advance the game. And the motivation to post it as scum is to sound like you are game solving when you actually aren't.
I don't think it's bold and I don't think it's serious reasoning, and what you said earlier about him calling one person scum in the pool and voting another person from the pool is not correct.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

VOTE: bingle
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

are you still ignoring my existence?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

that's pretty messed up. like what are you, my friends, family, crush, and parents?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 257, Hopkirk wrote: Me and hectic got lost backpacking and ended up in Norway one time and we saw this film set and Hectic was all like 'hey hop, isn't that flavour leaf working on the lighting tech'. i thought he was joking but it turned out that it actually was FL, then when we went over to say hi we all started joking about how it's weird that it wasn't Norway we met since we were in Norway at the time and FL started going on this long rant about how Norway has low WIM as scum or something...
What an amazing story.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 1:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 258, Hopkirk wrote:have you read much of my stuff recently Norway & subdued as in not memeing enough or not solving enough?
Just felt like you hadn’t done much as i’d expect from you usually. But once i checked again you actually had posted relatively recently so i decided it wasn’t much to talk about after all.

- Bunno
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 2:00 am

Post by Hopkirk »

*Chuckles*, I'm pretty active when me and hectic aren't I'm a hydra and competing over who can prod dodge the most and playing prod chicken without getting yelled at (like in that other game we played)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 251, Bingle wrote:
In post 245, Lukewarm wrote:Norwee has voted Marci - what do Bingle and Not_Mafia think about that potential wagon?
I don't particularly. Norwee/NM apparently played with her in a newbie recently that I mean to read for meta soon, but I haven't gotten around to it. I also don't really plan on scumhunting the big pool, but rather townhunting the big pool and then teamhunting across pools. I will say that the pair of N_M/Norwee both being willing to go there is :eyebrows: for me.
Me, Not_Mafia, and Norwee were all town in that game with a scum!Marci
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

So they thing I was thinking about, is that imo, the scum team would have put the scum they felt could comfortable dodge a day 1 elim into the 6p neighborhood, because that is an instant lose condition. This is Marci's first game outside of the Newbie cue, and there are 3 people in this game that just saw her scum game. It just seems like a needlessly dangerous choice to put scum!marci into the 6P team.

Norwee and Bingle both have played in this set up before, and would be aware of that danger, and both started the game by pushing for a vote in the 6P pool. Not_Mafia on the other hand, came in pushing for the Day 1 elim to be in the 3P pool, so there is a chance that he thought the better Day 1 elim dodger should go in the 3P pool if he expected town to start there. But then he just agreed with the growing suspicion on Marci.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 2:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.2

Bingle (3) - Dunnstral, Not_Mafia, Vanderscamp
Lukewarm (1) - Hopkirk
Vanderscamp (1) - GuiltyLion
marcistar (1) - NorwegianboyEE

Not voting (3) - Bingle, marcistar, Lukewarm

(expired on 2021-05-24 08:40:00) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 3:10 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 243, Vanderscamp wrote:I wasn't sure, the answer I got makes me think it was more likely serious but still not sure.
im not serious, but im pretty sure ur serious so im carrying thru with susing myself ig.
In post 244, Vanderscamp wrote:I'm guessing this is partially serious and partially a joke?

I'd be pretty interested to know how you would read yourself in this spot.
i just like, guessed what yall would be seeing.. it isnt my intent to be playing in that way rn, but it is what is is yknow? im not gonna fake pushes or anything im just waiting for something that seens scummy to come up :good:
In post 247, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I just think it’s an fairly unserious reply to my scumread, like they’re trying to laugh it off or make it seem like it’s not a big deal. I don’t think their response has been townie but just really Lamist. "Haha yes i’m so scummy! Not scum though!"
Which is something i know scum!Marcistar is likely to do from what i’ve seen in the newbie.
my serious reply was asking you what made you feel like i was scum, i was gonna reply seriously to whatever you said but like "this is something scum marci could be doing" idk how to really reply to that ahah.
In post 249, Vanderscamp wrote:I think Marci's response has been pretty awkward, regardless of whether or not it was a joke.
i think im just not on the same wavelength as yall tbh :cry:
In post 250, Not_Mafia wrote:This definitely seems like scum Marci from the newbie game
can u explain how? ahah
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 6:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 260, Hopkirk wrote:i don't have a problem with Vanders
Is this a townread on Vanders, or an absence of scumminess?

it's kinda nice knowing you can't be S/S, so either you're town and not seeing the causes for suspicion that I'm seeing (slash maybe have reasons I'm missing to TR him?), or you're scum TRing a townie. either way I'd be interested in whether any of his content looks to you unlikely to come from scum as I really don't see anything that's struck me as especially town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 6:51 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 270, Lukewarm wrote:So they thing I was thinking about, is that imo, the scum team would have put the scum they felt could comfortable dodge a day 1 elim into the 6p neighborhood, because that is an instant lose condition. This is Marci's first game outside of the Newbie cue, and there are 3 people in this game that just saw her scum game. It just seems like a needlessly dangerous choice to put scum!marci into the 6P team.

Norwee and Bingle both have played in this set up before, and would be aware of that danger, and both started the game by pushing for a vote in the 6P pool. Not_Mafia on the other hand, came in pushing for the Day 1 elim to be in the 3P pool, so there is a chance that he thought the better Day 1 elim dodger should go in the 3P pool if he expected town to start there. But then he just agreed with the growing suspicion on Marci.
This is how I feel about the idea of scum!Marci as well. The only explanations where she's scum in my mind are if nEE is trying an elaborate distancing/bussing gambit with the hope she's not actually voted off D1, or Bingle decided to put himself in the 3p and his relatively newbie partner in the 6p. I guess NM/marci could be a team divided across the pools this way, but then I don't see why NM decides to post , it wouldn't serve either of them at all
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”