Micro 1023 - The Coalition: TBotITGBSMoD [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

what do you mean by the "pushing the right slots for scum"? Like, if he is scum, he is pushing slots that benefit him the most? Or he is pushing slots that you think are most likely to be scum?

I think you mean the latter but I want to be sure I'm understanding you
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by The Cheek of Gamma »

In post 250, GuiltyLion wrote:what do you mean by the "pushing the right slots for scum"? Like, if he is scum, he is pushing slots that benefit him the most? Or he is pushing slots that you think are most likely to be scum?

I think you mean the latter but I want to be sure I'm understanding you
No the former. Both of you seem to be townread to some degree, getting you both off the list leaves more room for scum assuming you're both town.

I locktown you now.
~ C
A Gamma Emerald and CheekyTeeky hydra
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:22 pm

I will admit I was a little paranoid of an Iverson/GL team
And it's still possible that Pooky has taken the route of hard distancing instead, but I think you past scumgames have a different tone to here so I'll roll with that.
~ C
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

if I'm wrong on Coalition it is definitely going to bork my view of the game at this point and probably means a deepwolf has a path into my coalition, but I'm not going to be able to re-evaluate them until/unless they treat me in good faith and so far all they've done is discredit me at every turn, and a few of their arguments have been brazenly disingenuous (GL manufacturing reads, GL targeted me bc he was threatened by my coalition) in a way that I'm struggling to convince myself comes from town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

GL if you think TownKoba treats people with "good faith" you should read the last run of coalition lulz
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:28 pm

It's okay we have time. Coalition kinda bleeds town to me because their strat of yelling about GL being a wolf isn't going to benefit them as scum and that frustration only makes sense if they're town.
~ C
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

if Coalition has a big ego and hasn't played with me or read my games before, I feel like they might think they can bury me, the first/main voice speaking against them, and then not suffer any consequences afterwards
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 184, The Coalition wrote:my method of scumhunting has always been "analyze the thought process not the content" so fuck off <3
In post 185, The Coalition wrote:im gonna come back later when I am not at risk of saying something that will get me banned
also, @Cheek why does a town!Coalition get this pissed off if they think I'm scum? I was pushing on their early posts but I wasn't insulting them as a person or being toxic (I would hope...), so the "fuck off" and the worry about saying something ban-worthy feels a lil extreme to me if they really think I'm just caught scum trying to push them
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:15 pm

I mean I could be wrong. Time will tell with that one, for now the 1v1 isn't helping anything.
~ C
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by implosion »

I quite do not buy GL hard scum right now. The thing koba pointed out (i'm just going to say koba bc it's annoying to say coalition in this game) in is a bit bad but I think his play over the last page or so is pretty town and I generally like his takes on the game. I don't necessarily buy koba as scum (or at least I don't feel strongly that they are); I thought they were townish early on but not for any real substantive reason. I do lean toward Iverson having been town but I don't think they really proved themself to be town either, at least not in like the day they were here. I think Pooky could be scum certainly. I have like
an
idea how to read pooky but it's almost certainly wrong and I'd be curious if others have more of a general sense of how to read them, because I historically (in like 2 games i think) have not been able to see any real way to read them.

Gamma townreading me is probably a good sign in principle.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by implosion »

I quite do not buy GL hard scum right now. The thing koba pointed out (i'm just going to say koba bc it's annoying to say coalition in this game) in is a bit bad but I think his play over the last page or so is pretty town and I generally like his takes on the game. I don't necessarily buy koba as scum (or at least I don't feel strongly that they are); I thought they were townish early on but not for any real substantive reason. I do lean toward Iverson having been town but I don't think they really proved themself to be town either, at least not in like the day they were here. I think Pooky could be scum certainly. I have like
an
idea how to read pooky but it's almost certainly wrong and I'd be curious if others have more of a general sense of how to read them, because I historically (in like 2 games i think) have not been able to see any real way to read them.

Gamma townreading me is probably a good sign in principle.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 255, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:It's okay we have time. Coalition kinda bleeds town to me because their strat of yelling about GL being a wolf isn't going to benefit them as scum and that frustration only makes sense if they're town.
~ C
Why doesn't it benefit them as scum? Isn't like, the #1 thing scum have to do in this setup to stop, y'know, coalitions of townies from forming?
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:32 pm

In post 261, implosion wrote:
In post 255, The Cheek of Gamma wrote:It's okay we have time. Coalition kinda bleeds town to me because their strat of yelling about GL being a wolf isn't going to benefit them as scum and that frustration only makes sense if they're town.
~ C
Why doesn't it benefit them as scum? Isn't like, the #1 thing scum have to do in this setup to stop, y'know, coalitions of townies from forming?
Sorry, not what they're doing, but how they're doing it
Like how are they going to progress a scum agenda going about things the way they are? Has coalition persuaded you that GL shouldn't be in your coalition?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by implosion »

I definitely wavered a little before GuiltyLion's response. I'll probably waver again later.
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:36 pm

It's weird because implosion said a lot of words but all I got out of it is coalition is probably a townread lol.
~ C
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by implosion »

Right now I generally think GL's takes are mostly good or at least fine and like I personally don't want to jump to any conclusions in a setup like this while two slots have contributed 0 and another has contributed very little (tbh shelby's probably posted enough to try to read him off of, i could certainly imagine him being scum w his current iso).
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:38 pm

Fair. I'd be annoyed if both scum were in the no posters though.
~ C
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:50 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

i read the first 4 pages and only managed to get a townread on imp

simply because i really hated post . it looked like a giant spotlight saying, "hey, there's scum in here". when you point at one person it's tough to have something stick but when you spotlight two players it's a lot easier to have criticism to be valid for at least one of them. based on the state of this page i'd say it had an effect.

HEAL: implosion
HEAL: Uncle Shelby
HEAL: Black Ranger

VOTE: CheekofGamma
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

imp, what's a good GL take? I'll read up in the morning and see if I get there.
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:09 pm

In post 128, The Coalition wrote:this is basically a main claim, but I randed scum with gamma and their usual weaknesses I've seen in the past were not present anymore.
There’s like 2 people this can be, and Iverson named one of them
And Iverson was probably right since just looking at posting style it looks more like DkKoba than the other person I had in mind
-G
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:16 pm

In post 138, implosion wrote:the coalition's read on me is really interesting because I'm not sure if that kind of reasoning is something I'm bad at faking as scum; I'd like to think it isn't, but it might be.

...incredibly once again, I typed this sentence before seeing

I think i'm kind of bad at scum tbh. I sort of focus on mimicing town thought in general, or at least my overall approach historically has been to try to do things that I think I'd be doing as town/read people based on the reads I think I'd be getting on them. Since it's most of what I focus on in principle I'm better at it than I am at other aspects of scum play. I don't think I'm an especially good scum player though.
I’m not sure on the finer details but I think implo is low-key obvscum when he’s scum from last time I remember him randing scum, and this also feels like a vaguely honest description of his scumplay, which are +town for implo
-G
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:18 pm

HEAL: The Cheek of Gamma, Pooky, Implosion, GuiltyLion
I feel like this is a pretty good starting point
-G
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:24 pm

In post 158, Iverson wrote:
In post 154, The Coalition wrote:iverson, even if you don't townread implo yet, at least take the gas off and try elsewhere. I don't think you're SvT at all and definitely not SvS.
I have outed two townreads-one with extended justification, the other denied it by meta-elsewhere while you townread implosion for not being a potato and tunnel GuiltyLion for incoherent nonsense.

If implosion is town all you have to do is get out of the way.
It took a second but Iverson kinda misread my post
I wasn’t denying the read so much as being like “hey you’re underrating me and in a way that feels diminutive”
Although whether I would sit out the opening as scum is like, entirely dependent on my partners, since having come off the aforementioned scum streak, my big takeaway is to not get bogged down trying to carry weaker teammates
-G
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:27 pm

In post 174, The Coalition wrote:i want no part of any coalition with GL on it
VOTE: GuiltyLion

fun fact you can queue up an elimination to occur right after a coalition passes.

I want to see it happen this game.
Doesn’t an elimination just make the coalition portion just not happen? Iirc that’s the way it was designed initially
-G
The Cheek of Gamma
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
The Cheek of Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Also, I think it would be reckless to have an elimination happen immediately after the coalition check occurs without taking time to evaluate why the coalition failed (since the only time the following elim would be relevant would be if the coalition fails)
-G
(FYI I’m trying to consistently tag my posts so C doesn’t have to be consistent. I also probably won’t be doing the “guess who” stuff I like to do since a) I don’t feel like that fits the vibe of this game and b) it pretty much always results in people not getting it)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”