Micro 1042: Meme Wars | Fin!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-5

Three
(2): Save The Dragons, Pavowski
bugspray
(2): Val89, MegAzumarill
Save The Dragons
(1): Three
MegAzumarill
(1): Prism
Val89
(1): Dwlee99

Not Voting
(1): Esooa, bugspray

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: January 29, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-01-28 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by Three »

In post 95, Save The Dragons wrote:i'm a 1 shot RB

i'm also living in a covid world that sucks so maybe i'm not exactly rosy all the time
In post 97, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: Three
In post 98, Save The Dragons wrote:tell me i'm OTT

tell me i'm just OMGUSing because i'm scum
In post 101, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 94, Three wrote:STD's reactions to pressure feel so OTT that I'm not sure it's even real. Like he's clearly flailing here, but it comes off like he's trying to signal a townie flail by being indignant, and voting emotionally and outside of his scum reads (or what I assume were scum reads on Prism and Bugspray). He's also doing what he can to keep the spotlight on him, but isn't doing much with the attention, mainly just complaining about getting voted instead of doing much to solve. I feel pretty confident in saying that it's a manufactured flail, like a refuge in audacity type of situation. My vote stays.
calmed down a little but don't think i'm OTT at all, i've been clearly upset but not OTT. Three's framing the argument in a way to make me look like something i'm not.

i don't know why scum would keep the spotlight on themselves especially after having a tumultuous opening, why wouldn't i just try to fade into the background

i don't think this post comes from a town mindset
I'm not framing anything. If you expected me to somehow know that Covid would affect your mood at game start, then sorry, I'm literally never going to assume that. And honestly it isn't fair to me to just spring that on me and frame it as me being scummy and trying to take make you look bad. It's just an AtE reversal that makes me look like an asshole when that was never my intention.

It's also inaccurate to say my post doesn't come from a town mindset when I literally just finished a game where I had that exact mindset as town. I caught scum early who was acting indignant and not bothering to solve, but then they had an AtE meltdown that got me mislimmed instead while they endgamed town and won. Coming fresh off of that game, I'm going to be sensitive and paranoid to anyone following a similar pattern.

If you'd lead with why you weren't in a good mood I would've been understanding. But that isn't what happened, and I'm not walk back my mindset now, because my reaction was genuine.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Three »

In post 96, Save The Dragons wrote:good thing i wasn't something more powerful you all suck at reading emotion
I know you probably didn't mean anything by it, but I actually do have trouble reading other people's emotions and processing my own. Large reactions often come off as OTT to me.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by Three »

In post 124, Esooa wrote:Bugsprays reasons for pushing me are probably bad but that may as well just be them not knowing how to explain it well because I'm a fine person to push then, though his intent to kill thing was pretty lol this early.
What do you mean by they're "probably bad"?
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Three »

In post 143, Esooa wrote:the thing I'm most interested in really is if three giving the same read as prism is a wolf matching their partners agenda or a wolf latching into town reasoning to give more validity to their own because I honestly can't tell and figuring out partner stuff like that is good for 9ers. By default I'd call it wolf/town. I guess while we're here Val is never with Bugspray but this is less relevant to me
I like a lot of your effort posts but this is just way off course. Putting pressure on a slot that isn't doing anything isn't wolfy. If STD is town then it makes more sense for scum to stay off that wagon and let town fight each other over it, not join in and apply pressure.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by bugspray »

three town
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:43 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

what about that made you think three town
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 151, Three wrote:I'm not framing anything. If you expected me to somehow know that Covid would affect your mood at game start, then sorry, I'm literally never going to assume that. And honestly it isn't fair to me to just spring that on me and frame it as me being scummy and trying to take make you look bad. It's just an AtE reversal that makes me look like an asshole when that was never my intention.
yeah that wasn't fair i'm sorry for that

my point was more that it's not me being scum that's making me emotional
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 151, Three wrote:I caught scum early who was acting indignant and not bothering to solve,
are you accusing me of these things
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 140, Esooa wrote:The comment about three is interesting/maybe weird though as it implies three is wolfy or at least notable even though I don't think Val said anything about them
I don't think three is all that wolfy, to borrow your term, but I do think the timing was notable. The whole "LETHAL WAGON" business was premature, and to my mind, obviously over the top in such a way that I can't help but wonder if it was actually calculated to draw attention; which isn't something I would usually expect from scum, but I can think of a small number of scenarios scum might chose to do so - one of which is if a wagon is about to take off on a powerfull PR, and a three wagon looked like it was just about to start rolling. I also considered the possibility it was aimed at distracting from the discussion around STD, but the Three votes were the immeadtely procceding posts.

I do find myself musing today, however, that such a thing is less likey in a micro game and I might have been barking up the wrong tree with respect to motivation, but it still feels
off
to me.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 145, bugspray wrote:The story of what happened to Meg should be obvious btw.
meg saw the votes and though ooooh looks like STD as it e2 I should get spicy and e1
and then meg decided to count again
and was like OH NO BUGSPRAY IS A SPICY CAN OF BUGSPRAY, BETTER NOT HAMMER! LOL!!!

and then meg just didn't vote STD because then we'd see a townie get yeeted with no useful info
I'm struggling to follow what this is supposed to mean, in particular the portion I've highlighted.

What is a 'spicy can of bugspray', and why would your presence in the game affect Megs decision to put STD at E-1 or not?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Prism »

Okay I should have time for this game around 9 EST
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:08 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 159, Val89 wrote:
In post 140, Esooa wrote:The comment about three is interesting/maybe weird though as it implies three is wolfy or at least notable even though I don't think Val said anything about them
I don't think three is all that wolfy, to borrow your term, but I do think the timing was notable. The whole "LETHAL WAGON" business was premature, and to my mind, obviously over the top in such a way that I can't help but wonder if it was actually calculated to draw attention; which isn't something I would usually expect from scum, but I can think of a small number of scenarios scum might chose to do so - one of which is if a wagon is about to take off on a powerfull PR, and a three wagon looked like it was just about to start rolling. I also considered the possibility it was aimed at distracting from the discussion around STD, but the Three votes were the immeadtely procceding posts.

I do find myself musing today, however, that such a thing is less likey in a micro game and I might have been barking up the wrong tree with respect to motivation, but it still feels
off
to me.

Usually the use of big colored letters in posts is to draw attention, yes

Drawing attention to yourself is not useful in this case as town because it disrupts discussion
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Three »

In post 158, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 151, Three wrote:I caught scum early who was acting indignant and not bothering to solve,
are you accusing me of these things
I do think your initial reactions to your wagon were indignant, but looking back you were actually answering questions and giving takes on posts, so I wouldn't say you're not solving.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Sigh UNVOTE:

I would really like to scumread bugspray but like

I just ... can't picture scum drawing attention to themselves with this weirdness
In post 113, bugspray wrote:clarification: This is intent to yeet the player slot esooa. I am trying to create a
LETHAL WAGON
So if scum in this game would do some conventionally scummy things and, y'know, identify yourselves to the group, that would be much appreciated at this point
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:22 pm

Post by Prism »

Aight I shifted my schedule around and have like 40 minutes let's do this
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 164, Pavowski wrote:Sigh UNVOTE:

I just ... can't picture scum drawing attention to themselves with this weirdness
In post 113, bugspray wrote:clarification: This is intent to yeet the player slot esooa. I am trying to create a
LETHAL WAGON
??? This is not difficult to fake at all, just bugspray going aggressive.

Do you have comparable experience here that leads you to think that?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 166, Prism wrote:
In post 164, Pavowski wrote:Sigh UNVOTE:

LETHAL WAGON
??? This is not difficult to fake at all, just bugspray going aggressive.

Do you have comparable experience here that leads you to think that?
I don't think I've played with spray before.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Prism »

That turned out to be one of like three issues and I'm gonna vote you so F
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 168, Prism wrote:That turned out to be one of like three issues and I'm gonna vote you so F
I take it you know Spray better than I, so, cool.

I'm not saying it's a townlock or anything and my day 1 reads are consistently trash, I am perfectly happy to be proven an idiot on that take
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Three »

In post 155, bugspray wrote:three town
In post 156, MegAzumarill wrote:what about that made you think three town
I actually want to know as well, because when I woke up for work and reread what I wrote I kind of hated how I responded. I meant what I wrote, but I try to avoid letting confbias from a previous game affect how I read current games.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Disagree strongly with Dragons' 101. I thought the quoted 94 feels pretty plausible in process, and extremely aggressive to be coming from scum on a wagon already taking off by itself. I don't think it has the more performative, game-progressing angle of reads like Esooa's on Meg or bugspray's on Esooa.

T->S I'd probably go Three, Dragons, bugspray, Esooa, Val89, Meg, Pavowski

Reading through this time I really hated the progressions from Pavowski. 81 was nice and proactive, and I even agreed, but proactive reads aren't limited to scum. This pass I didn't like the framing around it and that was my first issue.

Second, did not understand this:
In post 104, Pavowski wrote:
In post 97, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: Three
You have my interest ratman, let's see where this goes. VOTE: Three
Pavowski was the one who started the serious vote on Dragons show. Rather abrupt switch to someone who felt similarly.

Third, did not like the unvote on bugspray. I don't think it's anything specific to bugspray, if anything I'm floored by the level of proactivity bugspray has shown because this was not at all what I expected. I'm saying that scum have an incentive to be a bit performative and aggressive and it'd surprise me if you hadn't seen that more broadly.

VOTE: Pavowski
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Prism »

I will try to be around more frequently from here, though tonight will be more spotty than I expected as I'll be at a small celebration.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Vote val win game yw
I prefer they, thanks :)
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 171, Prism wrote:Third, did not like the unvote on bugspray. I don't think it's anything specific to bugspray, if anything I'm floored by the level of proactivity bugspray has shown because this was not at all what I expected. I'm saying that scum have an incentive to be a bit performative and aggressive and it'd surprise me if you hadn't seen that more broadly.
I didn't think I was expressing a new thought with that. I could've sworn I saw somebody else in the thread make basically the exact same point about bugspray. But upon review I either missed it or imagined it, so while I was gonna call you out for selectively scumreading me over that other person, I will now accept your scumread with whatever dignity I can pretend to have.

Also I was never voting bugspray.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”