Micro 1042: Meme Wars | Fin!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 248, Val89 wrote:To be more explicit, there was and still is absolutely nothing stopping you from defending yourself anyway, and you should have been doing so. Even if you think I am scum, you know I'm not going to be hammering you because I've just laid the E-1 vote.
This is like ... man I dunno what even to say here

Scum doesn't want to lolhammer. Scum wants to be an earlier vote on the wagon. The best thing you could hope for as scum is to get early position on a wagon and then have impatient/impulsive town hammer it. Placing a vote then obstinately leaving it there, thereby leaving me floating there to get hammered,
especially at this point in the day
, is distinctly scummy and you're talking about "well I couldn't hammer from that position so what are you even worried about"
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Esooa »

Still would vote Pavowski for my final vote
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 249, Pavowski wrote:It's cool that you made a correct read in that situation in that game, but you are wrong this time. Nothing to say about the rest of my post, huh?
The rest of your post? You mean:
In post 243, Pavowski wrote: Scum often feel more compelled to commit to their reads rather than entertain doubt, and this smacks of that to me.
What do you think should have given me doubt between putting you at E-1 and now, exactly? Is "if you are town, pretty please unvote me so I can prepare my defense instead of giving it now" supposed to give me pause?
In post 249, Pavowski wrote:Day 1 is less than half over and you were ready to ram through my elimination.
I put you at E-1. I don't regret doing so. I think Meg and Esooa were premature in unvoting, and I think this framing demostrates why.

Let me ask you this - if you are town, were you happy with the state of the game a few hours ago?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 252, Val89 wrote:Let me ask you this - if you are town, were you happy with the state of the game a few hours ago?
"Happy" is a weird way to think about it because I still feel mostly like I'm fumbling in the dark (as I always do d1). By "a few hours ago" I'm assuming you mean before the wagon on me got rolling this morning. But no, there are some slots not contributing as much as I'd like and I agree with what you said about the game needing a kick in the ass.

In that regard, if a wagon on me juices the game a little bit, I guess I'm for it? It at least gave us something to talk about and after how dead the thread was yesterday, that was welcome at least.
What do you think should have given me doubt between putting you at E-1 and now, exactly?
The doubt shouldn't come from me. I could say anything as scum to save my skin. It should come from the makeup and the circumstances of the wagon you were all gung-ho to ram through. But -- as you pointed out -- the pressure is off, at least for now, so this point is now moot.

I would still like to know who you think my partner is, since you're so confident I'm scum myself.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 253, Pavowski wrote:The doubt shouldn't come from me. I could say anything as scum to save my skin. It should come from the makeup and the circumstances of the wagon you were all gung-ho to ram through.
Well, your assertion that I'm scum because I've remained commited to my read in certainly seems to imply that. I note the continued framing of my E-1 vote as being 'gung-ho to ram through' your elimination, and hope others are also paying attention.
In post 253, Pavowski wrote:But -- as you pointed out -- the pressure is off, at least for now, so this point is now moot.
And this is exactly my issue, and your attempt to frame me as scum for applying that pressure gives me no reason to believe I am on the wrong track.
In post 253, Pavowski wrote:I would still like to know who you think my partner is, since you're so confident I'm scum myself.
I don't see any reason you couldn't be scum with any of the slots of which I am suspicious. If you are interested as much as you say you are, then that imply you use beleive there is some value to be ascribed to D1 assocatives, and again, I ask (while flashing the side eyes at those who unvoted here) whether the descriminating power of those assocatives, and any claim that might be forthcoming, are higher when you are spewing them with the axe swinging over your head, or after you've had some time to prepare and perhaps discuss what to do with any scum partners. If you
are
town, I would expect you to share your unfiltered and accurate reads and thoughts regardless.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 213, Three wrote:
In post 191, Pavowski wrote:
In post 190, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't have a life ama
Still like your Three vote? I'm reviewing with a clearer head and I like you for town so
In post 192, Save The Dragons wrote:at the moment yeah i think my analysis of his post could be accurate
Alright, let's talk about it then. What makes you think my post is scum trying to frame your posts in a certain way, and isn't just a genuine take from a town perception? Do you think town never scum reads your initial posts?
it doesn't look like you actually re-assessed things, it looks like you're just trying to sandbag me. It looks like your post is fake/accusing me of things that aren't necessarily true in an effort to make me look worse. I don't think that attitude comes from town.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 254, Val89 wrote:I don't see any reason you couldn't be scum with any of the slots of which I am suspicious.
STD and Bugspray, then. Fair enough.

I think I'm done with engaging you for now; for one thing we're just going in a circle at this point. I don't want to clutter the thread overmuch and I already did too much of that last night with STD; I don't want people tuning out at post after post from us. I've seen you tunnel on town as town before so I'm willing to entertain that as a possibility here, but I think you are confbiasing yourself if so.

Either way, you've managed to get me emotional and that is not a space I like to play from, so I'm leaving the thread to some other voices for a bit.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:50 am

VOTE: Pavowski e-2
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:00 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

I feel like Pav was coasting in the area scum would most like to shoot for here on day 1.
Being just active enough with the gamestate to try and sneak by but not wanting to actively push anybody.
Additionally I don't get the impression of being curios to anyone's alignment here.
VOTE: Pavowski

THIS IS E-1
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Esooa »

May hammer if I feel like it at some point
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Pavowski »

I'm taking that as intent.

I'm a 2-shot rolecop. Scum is in [val, prism, esooa, bugs] if I had to call it right now. STD and Esooa probtown. Good luck if you hammer me, I'm making some dinner.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:08 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

UNVOTE:
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 am

UNVOTE:
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Esooa »

don't know what I think about a role cop claim but sure
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:28 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

I think it makes sense with STD's claim.
Don't want to openly speculate further though
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Prism »

Very short on time the next two days but will carve out time to track through Val/Pav dialogue. Role claim doesn't swing it for me in and of itself.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 264, MegAzumarill wrote:I think it makes sense with STD's claim.
Don't want to openly speculate further though
This was a good part of my TR on STD.

Granted it's not a *great* reason; if town-sided PRs are limited, it stands to reason scum-sided PRs are as well

But at least his claim was more-or-less in line with mine, so...
Prism wrote: Role claim doesn't swing it for me in and of itself.
Nor should it, but at least I'm easy to verify. Tonight I'll either be dead or blocked or I'll have a result on somebody that we can evaluate.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 260, Pavowski wrote:I'm taking that as intent.

I'm a 2-shot rolecop. Scum is in [val, prism, esooa, bugs] if I had to call it right now. STD and Esooa probtown. Good luck if you hammer me, I'm making some dinner.
I agree with this readlist mostly aside from my inclusion which is reasonable because I haven't posted in a while. Early on I thought it could be prism+esooa because esooa's second post just sort of brigading in with prism which to me made no sense especially because of how easy it is to explain/rationalize Azu's one "weird" post that prism was attacking as coming from town.
VOTE: prism
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 265, Prism wrote:Very short on time the next two days but will carve out time to track through Val/Pav dialogue. Role claim doesn't swing it for me in and of itself.
hope you don't hurt your ass on that fence

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:32 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 186, MegAzumarill wrote:The only game I played with Bugspray was a single jester game.

The only reason I would've voted would be to put someone up to E-1 way too early for funsies (it is meme wars after all). Thankfully I decided to be a little more serious.
wait what? this contradicts that you originally miscounted and then recounted and realized that they already were at e-1

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:34 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 71, MegAzumarill wrote:Value of E-1ing for no reason= ???

Figured I'd wait to check in when something happened and by that point I realized I miscounted
In post 186, MegAzumarill wrote:The only game I played with Bugspray was a single jester game.

The only reason I would've voted would be to put someone up to E-1 way too early for funsies (it is meme wars after all). Thankfully I decided to be a little more serious.
???????????????/

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:35 am

Post by bugspray »

i don't think scum!meg exists in the same universe as 1, probably 2, scum in {esooa, prism, val} but i feel brain wack

Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 am

Post by Three »

In post 255, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 213, Three wrote:
In post 191, Pavowski wrote:
In post 190, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't have a life ama
Still like your Three vote? I'm reviewing with a clearer head and I like you for town so
In post 192, Save The Dragons wrote:at the moment yeah i think my analysis of his post could be accurate
Alright, let's talk about it then. What makes you think my post is scum trying to frame your posts in a certain way, and isn't just a genuine take from a town perception? Do you think town never scum reads your initial posts?
it doesn't look like you actually re-assessed things, it looks like you're just trying to sandbag me. It looks like your post is fake/accusing me of things that aren't necessarily true in an effort to make me look worse. I don't think that attitude comes from town.
This doesn't really answer what I asked. I had to look up what sandbagging was since I didn't really get what you meant by it in this context, but if you're claiming I'm trying to dupe you into lowering your resistance and expectations, I don't really see it.

I'm also not sure what you're referring to when you say I'm accusing you of things that aren't true. Are you talking about how I scum read you? Or the specific things I said about how I perceived your actions? And what makes you think my attitude doesn't come from town? It just sounds like you're scum reading me for not being pleasant.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 263, Esooa wrote:don't know what I think about a role cop claim but sure
+1. I felt much the same about STDs claim, but I think it's the sort of thing that will sort itself out fairly quickly, and if they do turn out to be scum together then this game is basically going to take care of itselt. Let's put a pin in it for now.
In post 256, Pavowski wrote:STD and Bugspray, then. Fair enough.
You can add Dwlee to that list, also.

I said in my I was reserving judgement on Dwlee, but clearly he wasn't waiting to see who might endorse his unexplained scumread of me as a gambit as I did consider he might be for a moment, and having seen the justification, it smells very strongly of after-the-fact justification, given I didn't reference my initial reaction to Dwlee's post until . It's also interesting to see the "scum is in X of ..." lists, and, more precisely, the fact Dwlee isn't mentioned in any. Perhaps it ought not be a suprise when I look at the slots giving those lists however - namely, bugspray and Pav.
In post 241, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 116, Val89 wrote:VOTE: Bugspray

Yeah, this feels off. How many times has Dwlee actively contributed, by that definition? In fact, what about me? It looks like one of those metrics thats makes sense on the surface, but it's obviously a bunch of crap after a moments reflection.

Is a Three wagon something you don't want taking off, for some reason?
This is a chainsaw attack and then saying I'm chainsawing is funny
Even if this was something Dwlee was thinking and not saying, then it is still something that proves itself false after a scum!bugspray flip anyway and given the recent posting, I am quite sure that is what we will see.

Spoiler: Bugspray and the MegA non-vote
In post 160, Val89 wrote:
In post 145, bugspray wrote:The story of what happened to Meg should be obvious btw.
meg saw the votes and though ooooh looks like STD as it e2 I should get spicy and e1
and then meg decided to count again
and was like OH NO BUGSPRAY IS A SPICY CAN OF BUGSPRAY, BETTER NOT HAMMER! LOL!!!

and then meg just didn't vote STD because then we'd see a townie get yeeted with no useful info
I'm struggling to follow what this is supposed to mean, in particular the portion I've highlighted.

What is a 'spicy can of bugspray', and why would your presence in the game affect Megs decision to put STD at E-1 or not?
Instead of answering the question (and I suspect it's becuase bugspray had no answer), the narrative shifts. Now suddenly bugspray decides

Is incompatible with , but correct me if I am wrong, wasn't the fact that Meg decided an early E-1 would be 'spicy' (I take that to mean the same as 'for funsies') and then elected not to exactly the 'obvious' story bugspray gave us when the decided to elect themselves MegA Spokesperson on the matter a few days ago?

I'm not seeing any possible town motiviation for, having been asked a question about something that doesn't make sense, coming back having not posted in thread for over 48 hours to take the opposite position and make out like nothing happened.

VOTE: Bugspray
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Dwlee99 »