Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 218, Three wrote:You're genuinely trying to claim that, as scum, I made such an apparently bizarre statement without not only thinking it through, I also said it for literally no reason? Like what do I gain out of it as scum? To needlessly get suspicion thrown at me? It's like you saw a weird statement and just took it at face value as scummy, but didn't think through any of the logistics or reasoning for
why
scum would do that.
It doesn't really need a more complex reason than "demonstrate engagement with the game and give some not-too-committal opinion on Looker, who seems to be a subject of conversation right now"
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Looker »

I'd much rather say who I suspect and then get NK'd for WIFOM.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:32 am

Post by joqiza »

No one is arguing to policy lim you at this point. The only argument there is whether Three's original comment on the matter is something a villager would say or think.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

Requoting this to remind everyone what Three's original comment actually is:
In post 136, Three wrote:
In post 135, Andante wrote:VOTE: Looker Looker repped into a scum slot
I'm almost entirely certain Looker intentionally tries to rep into scum slots, so I'm not against a policy lim here if we near EoD and can't reach a consensus. However I feel confident that I'm currently voting scum and would like to stay on Dwlee.
Esther and I have both pointed out that this is a flawed reasoning process (
even if
Looker hadn't pre-committed to replacing in before anyone ever posted), because Looker's opinion of what kind of slot he was replacing into should not be any sort of basis for a lim, policy or otherwise. That in itself is not a reason why Three is scummy, because town have flawed reasoning processes all the time. Why Three is scummy is because he has responded to having this pointed out by alternately defending it as reasonable and saying that isn't actually what he was saying, both in the same post (). Also because makes in-game excuses for not having more to say and I take those sorts of excuses as generally incriminating. My opinion is that town are more likely to feel somewhat guilty about not contributing more and react with some contrition when this is pointed out, whereas scum are more likely to defend that they have already done enough, or as much as can be expected.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:47 am

Post by joqiza »

VOTE: Three

I reserve the right to switch if Three starts outing massive towntells. I need head to my second job where I'll be able to look at phone a bit less but will still be present and able to post if absolutely necessary. And I should be free and completely present for lasdt 40 or so min of the game day.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by catboi »

Prodding Roadkill.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Three »

I actually don't care. If you'd rather play word police and vote people because they said something you don't like instead of just playing Mafia, then be my guest. I don't have the mental energy or capacity to argue against "you said policy lim Looker so you're scum" and I don't know I'm supposed to react to that or towntell off of it.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by joqiza »

Table reads on other slots would be helpful, don't think further discussion on the policy lim comment is going to make a difference at this point. Who is Dwlee's partner if they're scum? Not necessarily looking for divine inspiration but yeah. Thoughts good.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Andante »

Three is town and Dwlee is prob town
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Unvote, Vote Mc Esther

Too much Dwelee resistance to make it happen. We have 47 minutes.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Er, we have
a day
and 47 (now 43) minutes. It's definitely time to hustle but there's no reason to set off false alarms.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:20 pm

Oh shit. I thought it was today. Well... I still think Dwelee isn't happening. This at least gives mc esther time to claim if anyone was thinking of hammering.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 231, Three wrote:I actually don't care. If you'd rather play word police and vote people because they said something you don't like instead of just playing Mafia, then be my guest. I don't have the mental energy or capacity to argue against "you said policy lim Looker so you're scum" and I don't know I'm supposed to react to that or towntell off of it.
Scum post, 100%.

You should care if you get launched over your scumreads, particularly when there are still other viable wagons.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by mc esther »

e-1 and i can imagine that someone (maf or town) might decide/"decide" that there's no time for intent. im cop.
~
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by Umlaut »

That is like a textbook "it's nbd to me if you all suck" post that scum
think
they should make to look like unworried town when actual town would in fact be worried

pedit
someone unvote esther now pls
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:26 pm

Unvote

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

UNVOTE:
I prefer they, thanks :)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 239, Umlaut wrote:That is like a textbook "it's nbd to me if you all suck" post that scum
think
they should make to look like unworried town when actual town would in fact be worried

pedit
someone unvote esther now pls
But Three does that every game. It's his hallmark.

Also, I keep confusing the post cap with the deadline and mini-shitting myself.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 242, Looker wrote:But Three does that every game. It's his hallmark.
I've never played a game with Three that I can recall. Link me?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 161, Looker wrote:
In post 83, Looker wrote:Dear Three,

It's not personal. You're really smart but you're also really town, so I have to disagree with/undermine/gaslight/ignore you to get you to cease existing in this inconsequential game. I'm sure we'd be real good friends IRL...at least until you got to know me :lol:
I've killed Three twice as scum - in Open 383 (which is what the above is referring to), and Mini 2246 - for context. I feel this is why he said what he said.

That was Jacket that antagonized you, though, not me, so let's just be friends :mrgreen:
Suggestions for cop-checks incoming...
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by mc esther »

i think sleepless had a hunch of my prness and was trying to get a confirmation when he asked whether i'd rather self-hammer than vote dwlee (as in, i think he's maf pr-hunting). imo, most vanilla townies just answer "yes" there, where most prs very much wouldnt. i considered just, lying, but that seemed like a great way to have my wagon build further; not that it ultimately mattered. sleepless/three and sleepless/looker are both very coherent teams imo, so this is very much my top scumread after those two. sleepless/looker kinda seem to collectively be trying to frustrate compromise options, ive already mentioned that looker supports exclusively nonviable wagons; sleepless is less overt in this, but he stuck on the dwlee wagon a while after it was made very clear that it's simply nonviable.

ik a few people have andante down as hard-town, im very mixed on this. joqiza is entirely correct to note that her reads just, dont bear much relationship to the thread in full context. i already said earlier that she kept a vote on me long after her primary reason ("three was obviously joking") was explicitly disproven. she also kept saying i was scum with looker because i wouldnt vote him -- after sleepless had explicitly said that he wouldnt vote looker, while i had previously voted looker and stated i was okay with the deadline looker wagon. if she's town, she is not living up to looker's positive assessment of her. this doesnt make her maf, and i'll admit, towards the beginning of the day, i had a moderate townread on her because she's a long way removed from her coalition scumgame -- not just in that she's more active, but also in that her reads are a lot more reasoned (well, "reasoned") through. obviously on some level im just mad here, and eh i shouldnt be, i made questionable play decisions to dodge the night kill, those decisions got me wagoned. but fuck im mad.

umlaut kinda seems like he's trying to pocket me in a few places, but i think im just paranoid. hard to say.

joqiza and dwlee are both in this weird "theyre kinda null but i think theyre town?" space for me. hard to describe. i think a lot of people have the null-town "hasnt said much but i guess e-1 was townie" read on roadkill, i very much echo that.

looker and three have been discussed ad nauseum.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 224, Looker wrote:The fact that there's intent to policy lim me when I've hyperlinked my town utility in previous games should be alarming.
does this make three suspicious to you?
~
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Looker »

Wait...so my suggestions are viable after all?
In post 195, Looker wrote:I'm open to Roadkill, Sleepless Assassin, or Umlaut
Let's go with VOTE: Sleepless!
And I never got an answer for this
In post 204, Looker wrote:Why are my suggestions not viable
Would it even be beneficial for scum to try to run up post cap counts by asking questions that have already been answered?

p-edit: It makes him seem angry to me if he was serious.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Looker »

Sleepless tried to rush the deadline and put esther at e-1 without saying
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I could see a Sleepless launch, but I think it was pretty clear in context that the vote on Esther was E-1 so "not saying" is not really in itself a big deal.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”