Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Andante can you explain why you think three is townie?

I think Joqiza is town for . It sits in my brain very well and it's just... well-reasoned.

I am pretty sure Andante is town here. I know there are doubters and maybe I'm just pocketed for her defense of my slot but I have no intention of voting her today.

I think Umlaut is town.

This isn't ordered btw.

Mc esther is cleared unless someone counter claims so we should make sure not to lim until everyone has a chance to check in but.

Between...

Wh4t*
Three
Sleepless Assassin
Roadkill

I don't think three/SA push me together like that if they're partners, so one of

Wh4t/Three
Wh4t/SA
Wh4t/Roadkill
Three/Roadkill
SA/Roadkill

is my solve.

I'd prefer to vote one of Wh4t or roadkill cause they exist in more worlds.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Mc esther, I was trying to get you to vote dwelee. When you didn't answer and I thought deadline was less than an hour away, I gave up. When you included yourself as viable and seemed more willing to die than vote Dwelee, the last thing I would have thought was power role. And I'm still skeptical but common sense says you live today barring a counter claim.
Looker wrote: Sleepless tried to rush the deadline and put esther at e-1 without saying
You think I lied about thinking deadline was tonight? That's pretty provable. Lying about that doesn't help scum.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 246, mc esther wrote:
In post 224, Looker wrote:The fact that there's intent to policy lim me when I've hyperlinked my town utility in previous games should be alarming.
does this make three suspicious to you?
i guess i cant go asking questions like that without answering some.
In post 204, Looker wrote:Why are my suggestions not viable
because four people had weighed in on who theyre willing to vote and none of them had named anyone you'd named. even though i heavily scumread sleepless, i dont see sleepless happening from zero votes in twenty-four hours.
In post 218, Three wrote:
In post 173, mc esther wrote:im having a hard time believing that's what you meant, it looks like a retrofitted meaning for statement you hadnt fully thought through because youre not town. it "works" if you squint, like, you can totally claim that "looker intentionally tries to rep into scum slots" actually meant "nobody's townreading wh4t, which makes me believe looker's intentionally repped into a scumslot, which i also believe is something he attempts to do". but i think what you wouldve said if you meant that wouldve been more along the lines of "wh4t and now looker have been lurking hardcore, so im not against a policy lim here. strengthening this, i also think looker tries to replace into scum slots", like, i think that first sentence is how people usually call for policy eliminations on lurkers.
This doesn't make any logical sense to me. How can I accuse Looker of lurking if he had literally just repped in at the time and was actually posting? Also claiming I'm trying to retrofit the meaning of what I said is just silly.

You're genuinely trying to claim that, as scum, I made such an apparently bizarre statement without not only thinking it through, I also said it for literally no reason? Like what do I gain out of it as scum? To needlessly get suspicion thrown at me? It's like you saw a weird statement and just took it at face value as scummy, but didn't think through any of the logistics or reasoning for
why
scum would do that.
In post 174, mc esther wrote:dont worry, i wont use post limit as an excuse to stop contributing so close to end of day, i'll dip into reserve if need be. you werent talking about lurking, you were talking about a lack of townreads, my bad; but my overall point remains the same, that i think youd emphasize the thing that actually made you want the policy elim (the lack of townreads on that slot, not lurking, my bad, though the two are related), rather than speculation on looker's replacement habits.
Why would I? This is again just a shallow/face value take on what I said.
so like, here three literally quotes the post where i clarify that "lurking" was an incorrect summary of his claim, but doesnt think to alter his earlier question about lurking.

as for "why", because it's hard to pretend to scumhunt? because you thought you saw an angle but didnt feel the need to think it through because youre not town? and like, i dont think i took it at face value as scummy -- umlaut did that, i parked my vote on looker while i waited for you to explain. idk, maybe you think my "waiting for an answer" was fake? it wasnt, if that makes you feel better.

p-edit: at first i was like "omg now dwlee's advocating nonviables too", but i forgot that wh4t is looker.

i dont think sleepless' e-1 is alignment-indicative, i think plenty of people do that as town with such a recent votecount at the top of the page.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by mc esther »

the votecount wasnt at the top of the page, but i still generally believe everyone's keeping pretty close track of the votes so close to deadline.
~
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Roadkill »

sorry for my absence -- irl stuff happened.

UNVOTE:

i'm... pretty behind but i saw the claim, and a few other odds and ends.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Going on record that I will pivot to Sleepless if it becomes the bigger wagon. I've never seen a reason to townread them this game and Esther raises some good points (plus this ought to help me pocket her more, mwahaha).
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by mc esther »

andante/umlaut/me/dwlee/joqiza is looker.

sleepless/umlaut/me/joqiza is most of the way to three, but i cant find a fifth. three wont, andante wont. dwlee looks like they wont; roadkill is unclear; looker might now that he's aware there's support for his wagon.
~
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Looker »

Spoiler: I mean
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

To be clear: I will vote three if we need it. I would just prefer limming in looker/roadkill.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Roadkill »

ahh... my motivation is so low right now, i'm sorry everyone. i feel like i've been kicked around like a soccer ball. i might just end up jumping on the largest wagon so long as i don't have a strong townread on it.

(i townread joqiza and looker the most right now.) which... leaves a pretty big pool, so i suppose i would have to shear out... another name, because of the claim.

a lot of my read on andante was dependent on mc being scum, i.e. following a loud voice for protection/smokeshield... i suppose that doesn't stand now as a reason to not vote andante but i don't think there's interest there so perhaps it's moot to even dwell on her as an option for today.

so that's... four people eliminated from "vote" today and four remaining, umlaut, dwlee, sleepless, three... i'd take out umlaut as well because there is no traction there.

... and i'm left with what everyone else seems to want today which feels... weird. i don't like when games feel "easy" or when everyone is lining up relatively neatly.

but i suppose i have some thoughts that aren't... neat, the looker read, but i don't think the vanity wagon is something scum feels the need to do in a gamestate where people are throwing out multiple wagons to pick and choose and push with more success than letting a partner potentially get ran up (which, if right now my thoughts are accurate, they are in danger?) it just seems silly and futile. to be unviable is to be unhelpful, go against the grain for little reason. i guess it's, "i rejected this option (a scum partner) but i don't want it to be obvious so i'll reject this too and be all contrarian" but again... silly.

...this is a mess, sorry, it's pretty on the fly thinking out loud while i'm distracted by real life. it's long-winded to end up saying "i am okay sheeping" but... the compulsion to share my thoughts is strong regardless.

edit: if the choice is between looker and three i will vote three.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Roadkill »

mmmmm.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Looker »

I think I've already resigned myself to it, though, because I'm burning through my reserve posts :?

p-edit: wtf, that's another player willing to go for my 'non-viable' (non-groupthink) suggestions

p-p-edit: ...
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Roadkill »

i sort of ... don't want vote three after 258.

which feels very... dumb.

but there's this ... ah.

to list out a bunch of team-solves on day one and to use it as a reasoning for why you want to kill someone feels... weird. "bad" even.

maybe it's because i feel it used as... a way to push an 'easy' slot and omgus the other (even if it's quite a bit later than my disappointment in dwlee) and then still go for the third, "safe" option in three.

is anyone interested in voting dwlee...?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I have a preference but I'm not going to stop it from getting a lim through. How is that weird?
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:00 pm

Vote Dwelee

I don't think this goes through but I'm willing to try.

mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 262, Roadkill wrote:is anyone interested in voting dwlee...?
In post 203, mc esther wrote:myself, andante, umlaut, and looker have all said that dwlee isnt happening. im guessing dwlee wont self-vote. this wagon isnt happening.
In post 261, Looker wrote:I think I've already resigned myself to it, though, because I'm burning through my reserve posts :?

p-edit: wtf, that's another player willing to go for my 'non-viable' (non-groupthink) suggestions
okay, sure. roadkill/looker/umlaut/me is most of the way to sleepless. sleepless wont, dwlee [probably?] wont, andante wont. joqiza hasnt weighed in, but seems to strongly townread sleepless in iso, so im pretty sure it cant happen.

fwiw, sure, "non-groupthink" is an entirely accurate (if perhaps uncharitable) assessment of what makes a deadline elimination practical. deadlines suck lmao, you must know this!
~
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:51 pm

Honestly, to do anything other than Three and maybe Looker, someone's gonna have to bend a little.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.08

Three (3):
Umlaut, mc esther, joqiza
Dwlee99 (2):
Three, Sleepless Assassin
mc esther (1):
Andante
Sleepless Assassin (1):
Looker

Not Voting (2):
Dwlee99, Roadkill

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is January 25 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-25 22:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used

joqiza (1)
Looker (6)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:26 pm

Post by Looker »

VOTE: dwlee99
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by mc esther »

i dont trust that three necessarily happens, i think joqiza and umlaut are more likely to be on when needed than dwlee

UNVOTE:
VOTE: looker
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 pm

Post by mc esther »

oh wait we're relying on dwlee either way nevermind then lol

UNVOTE:
VOTE: three
~
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Seems like I'm not getting my preferred
VOTE: Three
That's E-1
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:30 am

I'm here to hammer pending claim before deadline. Still prefer Dwelee though.

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Umlaut »

Three should claim in next post.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:00 am

Post by joqiza »

I'll be on in a bit / should be present before and around deadline.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”