Micro 1055 - Trolled

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 5:12 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 101, MegAzumarill wrote:My role is
In post 122, Toogeloo wrote:Maybe scum don't have a night kill, that'd be a troll for them, lol. I mean, this is going to be massively difficult with two players on a 23 hour posting cool down, it would be far too easy to just manipulate day play AND have a night kill. It's probably why one person died before game start too. 3 mis-elims puts us in LimLo and that's not even considering one player is a Priest.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 114, takotsubo syndrome wrote:Game is going to be so painful for me.
Side note, where's your TEW read at?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 8:53 pm

In post 122, Toogeloo wrote:Maybe scum don't have a night kill, that'd be a troll for them, lol. I mean, this is going to be massively difficult with two players on a 23 hour posting cool down, it would be far too easy to just manipulate day play AND have a night kill. It's probably why one person died before game start too. 3 mis-elims puts us in LimLo and that's not even considering one player is a Priest.
You also missed my hyper post restriction which could bury those post's
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 pm

That said I've learned to have massive Sus always on efforting enchant... And I don't know if scumchant posts that not have any reason to
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Bastard game is a bastard game btw, never expect balance.

Oh and one more thing ..
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Not
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Yes
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 pm

No
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 pm

Goodbye
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Vote Count 1.3The_Evil_Within(2) MegAzumarill; Radical Rat;

Abstain (2)Enchant;
The_Evil_Within;

MegAzumarill (1) takotsubo syndrome;

Radical Rat (1) Roden;

Not Voting (1) Toogeloo;

Roden (0)

Enchant (0)

takotsubo syndrome
Yume
(1)Flea the Magician;

Flea the Magician (0)

Toogeloo
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)

With 8 alive it is 5 to hammer after the first 48 hours of the day have passed.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-06-05 09:36:00), or earlier.
takotsubo syndrome
takotsubo syndrome
Townie
takotsubo syndrome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 5:59 am

Post by takotsubo syndrome »

In post 127, Flea The Magician wrote:
TEW is back to null.

This game is going to get very hard to get reads on players.

Enchant is notorious for being lurkscum so having the restriction like Enchant does is going to make it near impossible to read that slot.
Toog is notorious for also being lurk-sack and very hard to read. So the restriction is going to make it just as bad.

I have zero feeling on MegA & Radical Rat.

So this is going to be just a crapshoot in terms of trying to read players.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 6:08 am

Post by Radical Rat »

takotsubo syndrome
takotsubo syndrome
Townie
takotsubo syndrome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 6:13 am

Something because of what enchant wrote.

I still not sure myself. I’ll be curious why people are thinking it as well.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 11:46 am

In post 136, takotsubo syndrome wrote:
In post 127, Flea The Magician wrote:
TEW is back to null.

This game is going to get very hard to get reads on players.

Enchant is notorious for being lurkscum so having the restriction like Enchant does is going to make it near impossible to read that slot.
Toog is notorious for also being lurk-sack and very hard to read. So the restriction is going to make it just as bad.

I have zero feeling on MegA & Radical Rat.

So this is going to be just a crapshoot in terms of trying to read players.

Yeah weird that both lurker low posters got the same restriction... Means naff all tbh. Just weird and I have a posrcoumt to maintain
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Roden »

Abstaining is an interesting option...I assume it's meant to put us back on odds. Is there something else to it?
takotsubo syndrome
takotsubo syndrome
Townie
takotsubo syndrome
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 1:00 pm

I mean to be fair. Toog got the lurker restriction secondary to replacing Pooky.

So Pooky having it doesn’t bother me.

It’s more Echant because he’s lurksack already
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Enchant »

I am not sure of motivation of abstaining and then freezing vote on it. Of course, checking "what if everyone vote Abstain" is tempting, but probably it will end up in "person with most votes ded" or something trolly.

Responding to Flea, i think i am always same idiot regardless of alignment, just more informed if scum, so you probably can't catch me on Day 1, unless i am disinterested in game or making braindead plays (which is often). And that's normal, so far i think day1 elims on scum are either luck, poor scum play or designated bus. Of course i earn spits from expertmafiachasers who say i am wrong, or something like that, well let's face it, i look at mafia differently, you are right as well.

About restriction, i think it's not really
my
problem for now, as early game i don't really have much words. Afterwards i will think how to deal with problem.

about rule 10. This rule looks exactly like purpose to defeating Scum Prince or like that, so maybe you are right as well, but if you look at wording... Like, if scum executed they die and town win due all mafia death. Why highlight that?

Likelyhood of mafia being unable to NK is pretty low. Most funny thing, NK15 can just say "Oh funny idea, now there's no NK from this point" or reverse idea and give NK back.

Like really. Restrictions are annoying, especially RR one, but that's not even medium bastardly. Probably should be vary on mod.

Also i sleep.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

What exactly is the point of abstaining, and why do we have two votes for it, and one frozen on it? Someone explain like I'm 5 why this is a good play?
The_Evil_Within
The_Evil_Within
Townie
The_Evil_Within
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by The_Evil_Within »

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

It has been imparted to me the meaning of abstaining. An abstain is neither a vote for nor against. Indeed, it is a vote to not vote. Thus, abstentions lower the number of votes needed to reach a majority and thus a hammer. I have full faith in everyone's ability to pick correctly hence why I have frozen my abstention.

As to other arguments as ti why to sustain, it is objectively favorable to try to return to odds, and given the bastardness of the setup, we shouldn't suspect that to happen by night actions. Having everyone freeze their vote on abstain forces one of three things to happen: 1) No elimination which is the goal 2) Werewolves pick kill which while undesirable is ultimately a worthwhile risk or 3) Random elimination. Three is still favorable in that it's unpredictable and will throw the wolves off balance.
Enchant wrote:about rule 10. This rule looks exactly like purpose to defeating Scum Prince or like that, so maybe you are right as well, but if you look at wording... Like, if scum executed they die and town win due all mafia death. Why highlight that?
This specific fact is not highlighted; indeed, it would be weirder if the rule excluded this case. The rule is written specifically to be as general as it can be.
- "A reflection of the corruption in one's soul."
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 140, Roden wrote:Abstaining is an interesting option...I assume it's meant to put us back on odds. Is there something else to it?
In post 0, Not Known 15 wrote:
Not Known 15 wrote:You were warned... and here are the rules.

General game rules:
1.Follow the Site Rules. This includes not talking about ongoing games.
2.You may have access to private threads (e.g. Mafia factional chat); you can talk about this game there, but you may not quote anything from them outside of the PT. You may not quote any game-related PMs without express permission by your game mod.
3.Play to win this game.
4.Lurking: You will be prodded after 2 days of no substantial contribution(no prod dodging). After 24 hours of an unanswered prod I will search for a replacement(unless V/LA). Four prods in total, or two prods in one day will result in an instant replacement. ASK FOR REPLACEMENT IN A PM.
There might be roles that change your prod range or prod reasons. Being dead is NOT a reason to lurk.
5.Vacation/Limited Access: Tell me when you are going to have limited access. If you have limited access, you will still count as having a prod after 3 days, and you will be instantly replaced after 4 days in total.
6.Weekend: For the purposes of prods and nights, Sunday and Saturday count as 12 hours each.
7.CHEATING:Cheating(breaking site rules, posting while dead, quoting Role PM's without explicit permission, encrypting posts without explicit permission, editing/deleting posts without explicit permission, doing anything obviously against the spirit of the rules) is forbidden. Don't do it.
Setup information:

8.Length of day phases:14 to 7 days.
Length of nights: 2 days. Will usually not end before all replacements are finished.
Other phases will be treated like day and/or night phases, if any.

9. Execution:People may vote to execute someone (e.g.VOTE: Not Known 15) to attempt to execute them during execution phases. Only one execution per that phase. Execution phases are day phases. No Execution is not avaliable. Abstain is. You may VOTE: Freeze if you vote anyone/vote Abstain. If you do, your vote cannot be changed until the day ends. An Execution will be performed if the deadline is reached or if someone gained legal votes from more than 50% of all living players. There may be exceptions to this rule.
10:FINAL EXLO: If, after a Night phase, there are exactly 3 people alive, the game descends into a final Execution phase. No one may be killed during this phase, except for Execution, and someone must be executed that day. The faction that had a member executed that day loses the game.
11:Hammer:As soon as the required number of people for an Execution is reached, the game descends into Twilight.
12:Twilight:Alive people, including the hammered elimination target, may continue to post until the flip.
13:Flip: After the flip the game goes into the next phase
14:Daychat: Scum has Daychat by default.
15:Natural Action Resolution applies. Same priority cycles are resolved by making all actions of the same priority fail(e.g.Roleblocker vs Roleblocker, only both roleblocks fail).
16:Color, Backup Mod color and Vanilla Role PM:
Vanilla TownieYour role: Vanilla: No role abilities. Your role has no hidden powers.
Your alignment: Town. No special abilities.
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least two town-aligned players are alive.

Werewolf GoonYour role: Vanilla: No role abilities. Your role has no hidden powers.
Your alignment: Werewolf. You have a factional chat [HERE]. You have access to factional powers through this chat.
You win if all threats to the Werewolves are eliminated and at least one Werewolf player is alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

This is my color
:(#808080). Do not use it.
Contact SirCakez if I am out of prod range.
17:Breaking rules can result in any kind of punishment. Do not break the rules.18:I may add additional rules at my discretion. I will tell everyone via PM if this happens.
18:Setup-specific info:
Nightstart.

General Voting Restriction: No player may cast a hammering vote in the first 48 hours of an execution phase. The votes stay but only a vote(including a re-vote) after 48 hours can hammer. Votes caused by post restrictions and their punishments will be votes after 48 hours.
Anything posted in the Werewolf PT will be ignored by every single post restricion.
You may intentionally(or unintentionally) break post restrictions if you are willing to suffer the punishment.
This game has dead interaction. You are required to post in the dead thread if you are dead, just like you are required to post in the main thread if you are not. Posting restrictions may carry over into the dead thread, all other powers do not. Exception: Someone who does not gain access to the dead pt after dying is out of the game(but may still win). Werewolves are not added to the Dead PT.
This is a game that has exactly two factions. Werewolves, an informed minority starting with 2 players, and Townies, an uninformed majority starting with 7 players.
If there is any event or role that adds loss conditions then you WILL have at least one option that does not give you loss conditions.
Other types of conversions will definitely NOT occur.
Flips are supposed to be accurate.
Role PM's may contain hidden powers, but you will be notified if they do.
Posting and vote restrictions may or may not be public.
Your roles were generated before alignment rolls.

All alignments were rolled randomly, with everyone being rolled having the same chances.

Signup description:Description:This is a very bastard game. The setup is not yet finalized, just like with an upick. I will decide on roles and possibly alignments depending upon the players who join and... well, the game is named Trolled for a reason. You should expect to get a role/and or alignment you don't want to get. Expect post restrictions and other things(but don't rely on that info). Expect this game to be still a mafia/werewolf game, though. This game might have parts you don't dislike. This information will also be provided at the start of the game, probably with more public information.

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 7:48 pm

In post 142, Enchant wrote:I am not sure of motivation of abstaining and then freezing vote on it. Of course, checking "what if everyone vote Abstain" is tempting, but probably it will end up in "person with most votes ded" or something trolly.

Responding to Flea, i think i am always same idiot regardless of alignment, just more informed if scum, so you probably can't catch me on Day 1, unless i am disinterested in game or making braindead plays (which is often). And that's normal, so far i think day1 elims on scum are either luck, poor scum play or designated bus. Of course i earn spits from expertmafiachasers who say i am wrong, or something like that, well let's face it, i look at mafia differently, you are right as well.

About restriction, i think it's not really
my
problem for now, as early game i don't really have much words. Afterwards i will think how to deal with problem.

about rule 10. This rule looks exactly like purpose to defeating Scum Prince or like that, so maybe you are right as well, but if you look at wording... Like, if scum executed they die and town win due all mafia death. Why highlight that?

Likelyhood of mafia being unable to NK is pretty low. Most funny thing, NK15 can just say "Oh funny idea, now there's no NK from this point" or reverse idea and give NK back.

Like really. Restrictions are annoying, especially RR one, but that's not even medium bastardly. Probably should be vary on mod.

Also i sleep.
When have I ever called you an idiot? You know j respect your game
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 7:50 pm

You're right though, your D1 is hell to work your alignment out and mostly pointless because no data like ever.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 7:52 pm

In post 144, The_Evil_Within wrote:I have full faith in everyone's ability to pick correctly hence why I have frozen my abstention.
This feels like a cop out. "Can't blame me I didn't vote" etc
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed May 25, 2022 7:54 pm

In post 0, Not Known 15 wrote:No Execution is not avaliable.
Rule 9 btw

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”