Micro 1056: Moderators of the Discord Server [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Meuh »

Officially caught up, youpi!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

like i don't want to take away from your good scumplay faker i apologize if i was coming across like that you did fool me
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 752, Meuh wrote:
In post 683, RH9 wrote:
In post 681, Faker wrote:
In post 648, RH9 wrote:Honestly, I agree with Dwlee that we should resolve MD next.
It feels somewhat safer because I trust Meuh more to make a good decision.
Tracking through your posts, you think marcistar is the scum in this minigame. 277 seems to be your best statement of it: It's all related to earlygame with Dwlee99 and her initial votelock on SGB.

Has your read on this game evolved as we've continued to play? You also haven't ventured a read on me at all, which I find pretty surprising.
Yeah. My read has evolved. I've been starting to reconsider my read on Dwlee. In a vacuum, they actually seem all right though a bit non-committal as seen in .
However, this conflicts with my read on STD, who reads as wrongly tunnelled Town as in his latest stream of posts.
Especially, the amount of insight that he has put in. If I had to bet for scum out of my minigame, I would be forced to say Dwlee despite improvements in my read of them.
What's non-committal about it? Them saying Pooky could also be the cat? That felt more jokey than anything. I'd like an expansion of the thought here.
The second part.
They vaguely mentioned a "plan".
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:54 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 766, Meuh wrote:
In post 739, RH9 wrote:
In post 730, Faker wrote: The current plan is also to flip MD first, so even if I'm trying to steer RH9 away from scumreading my partner in SGB, it all goes out the window when my alignment gets confirmed before any SGB votes happen. There's literally zero point in buddying anyone in that minigame, the only person I have to convince is Meuh.
That's so true.
Any attempt you and marci try to make to sway anybody in SGB, the more interactions we have to use after you flip.
This makes any swaying attempts awkward especially since it could backfire.
I'd agree with this if we weren't already a game down. Scum are much more likely to delve into potentially associative - but credible - play to secure a win somewhere since that's all they need. There might not be an "after you flip", which is scary but something to consider.

Though I guess with the idea of us flipping MD first that makes sense. So mostly nvm
Yeah.
Good point.
I'll take that into mind.

v/la every weekend

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 772, Meuh wrote:
In post 743, Dwlee99 wrote:Marci is pretty obviously scum imo. It's not beyond Pooky to egg on town trying to kill his partner, he literally got his partner vigged before, and Marci's play is full of inconsistent reasonings with weirdly placed AtE
Do you really believe this Dwlee? Is that a conclusion you've come to naturally?
You literally pointed out the same problems with Marci's posts that I am referencing here. Not sure what you're expecting me to say when she is not playing like town at all
I prefer they, thanks :)
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 776, Save The Dragons wrote:like i don't want to take away from your good scumplay faker i apologize if i was coming across like that you did fool me
It's not that, and I'm not offended. The perspective is also not unexpected. It was that there was a lot of work set up to make both of you feel that way about each other to begin with, and I thought that had been communicated.

Either way I don't really see this as the place to rehash my perspective or play that game. I'm satisfied that the lesson you took from it passes as plausible.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 742, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 741, marcistar wrote:I think maybe they could be players you would think you could take on/convince.
If that was true why wouldn't I keep you in there and convince them to vote you lol
:roll: do u think im a bad player dwlee?
In post 743, Dwlee99 wrote:Marci is pretty obviously scum imo. It's not beyond Pooky to egg on town trying to kill his partner, he literally got his partner vigged before, and Marci's play is full of inconsistent reasonings with weirdly placed AtE
bitch stfu ur the one whos obv scum ur not even doing shit except tunnel me and then u think u can CONVINCE people im scum??? ive got to laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: im so very obviously not scum and i dont get why u have to be blind xx
In post 745, RH9 wrote:Good idea, actually.
Could you please find. examples of Faker buddying?
I probably missed them all.
reads like shes trying to feed you a read a certain way (the explanation after the question makes it that way)
same thing, shes trying to pick apart your reads and shoot down any progressive thought process.. but shes trying to do it in a way that won't agitate you. notice in the post how she hasnt said its a bad thought process at all? she just calls it "surprising" which is a sort of buddy buddy way of shooting down a read without making a person angry.
not buddying, but its like she isn't stating a suspicion on any of the stop getting banned players in that post; shes replying to you in a non accusatory way, she states somethings "in dwlees favor", she gives a "dragons isnt out of range" but in a half way where she doesnt use it further later on. she isnt hunting.
maybe buddying isnt the right word for these posts, its hard to do this while im tired..
alot of her posts regarding you is just asking questions/pushing your read forward which i view as a form of buddying. <670, 681 fit this> its like shes trying to get in your head and appear helpful and solving, when in reality she isn't putting in the work and she's making you do the brunt of it. she isnt outright doing stuff that will offend and trigger you, but shes doing it like back of the mind sort of thing
reads super buddyie imo
In post 754, Meuh wrote:...This doesn't feel like town Marci. This reads more like scum!Marci trying to fake a read than anything else. Though I do think that because of her and Faker knowing the other's alignment, she'd read less natural?
But also I feel like Marci would've made her thought process regarding her approach to Faker more transparent as town. So I dunno.
its a !! very !! frustrating game..
like i know shes got to be scum, but i dont think im being convincing enough, im trying my best to prove it but fakers a very good player ughh
In post 761, Meuh wrote:@Marci, what do you think about the DkKoba/Dwlee interactions in this game viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89094 comparatively to the way Dwlee has interacted with Pooky this game? Especially since you seem to think Dwlee is scum.
I don't the interactions are exactly the same but to me it feels like it could be a repeat of them putting a lot of effort into having convincing, good interactions with their partner.
ill be honest chief, i kinda dont remember that game at all, and i kinda lowkey dont wanna meta read. i lowkey dont even remember why i got replaced out
was dkkoba actually scum LOL I THOUGHT THEY WERE TOWN..
maybe ill read it deeper tmmrw, but on a skim it looks diff from pooky/dwlee here
In post 762, Meuh wrote:Marci do you think you'd be better at swaying the third person in your minigame than Dwlee would be?

and do you actually think Faker is obv scum, or is she only obv scum to you?
yes, i think iwould be better at convincing people than dwlee would be if given the chance.
and prob only obv scum to me, yall are blind :yawn: i think i get a certain way when i know things for a fact :<
In post 768, Meuh wrote:Do you think that may also just be since those 2 had the biggest thread presence? Cause I've seen them interact plenty yes, but also they were the only ones posting so...
idk, maybe,
but i dont see why faker wouldnt use all her time alone with rh9 to try and pocket him.
In post 769, Meuh wrote:Why exactly would it make RH9 look worse? If she's the one pocketing RH9 wouldn't it be the opposite?
i think rh9 has a hard time reassessing his reads after someone pulls something over him.
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 781, marcistar wrote:like i know shes got to be scum, but i dont think im being convincing enough, im trying my best to prove it but fakers a very good player ughh
I don't know if switching the messaging randomly was exactly what I had in mind when I suggested this, but at least she's open to my feedback in how to portray herself.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 782, Prism wrote:
In post 781, marcistar wrote:like i know shes got to be scum, but i dont think im being convincing enough, im trying my best to prove it but fakers a very good player ughh
I don't know if switching the messaging randomly was exactly what I had in mind when I suggested this, but at least she's open to my feedback in how to portray herself.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 781, marcistar wrote:i think rh9 has a hard time reassessing his reads after someone pulls something over him.
Only when I actually get super confbiased. I have a huge weakness for casing. I've lost a game as Town when the final Mafia gave a really good case which swayed me over.

v/la every weekend

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by marcistar »

ur deadass such a good player faker!! its so frustrating im so inferior

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Jesus
I prefer they, thanks :)
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 781, marcistar wrote:
In post 745, RH9 wrote:Good idea, actually.
Could you please find. examples of Faker buddying?
I probably missed them all.
reads like shes trying to feed you a read a certain way (the explanation after the question makes it that way)
same thing, shes trying to pick apart your reads and shoot down any progressive thought process.. but shes trying to do it in a way that won't agitate you. notice in the post how she hasnt said its a bad thought process at all? she just calls it "surprising" which is a sort of buddy buddy way of shooting down a read without making a person angry.
not buddying, but its like she isn't stating a suspicion on any of the stop getting banned players in that post; shes replying to you in a non accusatory way, she states somethings "in dwlees favor", she gives a "dragons isnt out of range" but in a half way where she doesnt use it further later on. she isnt hunting.
maybe buddying isnt the right word for these posts, its hard to do this while im tired..
alot of her posts regarding you is just asking questions/pushing your read forward which i view as a form of buddying. <670, 681 fit this> its like shes trying to get in your head and appear helpful and solving, when in reality she isn't putting in the work and she's making you do the brunt of it. she isnt outright doing stuff that will offend and trigger you, but shes doing it like back of the mind sort of thing
reads super buddyie imo
I would say that from the posts that you've referenced, Faker is more or less just being assertive.
However, I still don't think that she is trying to directly buddy because I can't help advance her wincon if she's scum.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 785, marcistar wrote:ur deadass such a good player faker!! its so frustrating im so inferior
This isn't directed at me but I think that scum!you is roughly around as convincing as scum!Faker.
(I once glimpsed at her scumgame in Open 843.)

v/la every weekend

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:32 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 787, RH9 wrote:However, I still don't think that she is trying to directly buddy because I can't help advance her wincon if she's scum.
stupid assumption to make buckaroo :cool:

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:35 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 788, RH9 wrote:
In post 785, marcistar wrote:ur deadass such a good player faker!! its so frustrating im so inferior
This isn't directed at me but I think that scum!you is roughly around as convincing as scum!Faker.
i dont th8nk im very convincing as either alignment ngl

one of my friends told me

good players have 2 qualtities
being right and being convincing

i at best only have the be right because thats just how i focus my time

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:15 am

my opinions haven't really changed
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:35 am

Post by marcistar »

r u scum

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:36 am

no r u
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:57 am

Post by marcistar »

nope!

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:02 am

took you too long to answer, you had to think about it
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:07 am

Post by marcistar »

im at work smhms

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:03 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 790, marcistar wrote:
In post 788, RH9 wrote:
i dont th8nk im very convincing as either alignment ngl

one of my friends told me

good players have 2 qualtities
being right and being convincing

i at best only have the be right because thats just how i focus my time
I see.

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Faker »

This game's pace is almost painfully slow. We have time on the deadline but should use it intelligently.

I'd really start putting pressure with an eye towards actually resolving a game, whether it be MD or SGB. Some idea of a target date, whether you strongly believe in it or not. I've been absent and not able to pressure much in my own right but this is a snail's pace and I feel like I am no closer to solving SGB than I was 3 days ago.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 781, marcistar wrote:
In post 761, Meuh wrote:@Marci, what do you think about the DkKoba/Dwlee interactions in this game viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89094 comparatively to the way Dwlee has interacted with Pooky this game? Especially since you seem to think Dwlee is scum.
I don't the interactions are exactly the same but to me it feels like it could be a repeat of them putting a lot of effort into having convincing, good interactions with their partner.
ill be honest chief, i kinda dont remember that game at all, and i kinda lowkey dont wanna meta read. i lowkey dont even remember why i got replaced out
was dkkoba actually scum LOL I THOUGHT THEY WERE TOWN..
maybe ill read it deeper tmmrw, but on a skim it looks diff from pooky/dwlee here
Wait you got replaced out of that game? I didn't even remember

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”