Micro 1056: Moderators of the Discord Server [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by marcistar »

not necessarily. i don't have a good memory so I don't remember dwlees scumgame at all.

i just think in general, scum don't like attention drawn to them.
is that not something that lines up with what dwlees doing right now? only posting when they
need
to? : D
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 972, marcistar wrote:it doesn't make any sense for me to be scum here. shes clearly framed me well and like.. good job!
It doesn't make any sense for marcistar to be scum...yet I did a great job framing her.

Queen, I'm sorry Pooky let you do this.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by marcistar »

yes very clearly uve brainwashed everyone...

sobbing in pain rn....
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Faker »

Anyway I'll be around to do work probably a bit after midnight EST.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 975, marcistar wrote:not necessarily. i don't have a good memory so I don't remember dwlees scumgame at all.

is that not something that lines up with what dwlees doing right now? only posting when they
need
STD's doing that too now and you don't have him as Mafia.
He's drawing way less attention than Dwlee who posts every once in a while with something super bound to get attention.
Honestly, STD's way more better than Dwlee at not standing out and getting noticed.
Nothing personal.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by RH9 »

I think that Meuh should vote now.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by RH9 »

If MD isn't resolved in 2 days, I'm going to place my vote.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by RH9 »

Dwlee, who do you want to lim?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm through page 5 and am convinced we vote Dwlee99 exactly never.
In post 53, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 51, Dwlee99 wrote:Why Luke he called out Marci first
its fake distancing bullshit if luke actually BELIEVED that shit he would've gotten his modkit and jumped into SGB to yeet her
This is in relation to the marci instavote, with Dwlee wondering why they get the towncred and Luke doesn't. I would again be pleasantly surprised if this was S/S theater. This is somewhat pedestrian.

from Dwlee about wanting Pooky to go in MD is very minor but pretty believable, they have great respect for Pooky's towngame and would probably love to sheep him if given the opportunity.

Silver bullet selling point for me are 83 and 93 from marci in reaction to a point of Dwlee's. They're immediately defensive, then pivot towards the more aggressive. I think there's very good reason to believe this set in particular isn't S/S theater: Having locked in, Dwlee99 was confirmed to be going against her at this point.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:10 pm

Post by Faker »

Okay, Meuh, this should be very useful for you
In post 175, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.03

with 3 possible channels to be assigned to, it takes 2 full channels to end the day. day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-23 12:30:00).

assignments
Sillyposting [3]:
Lukewarm, PookyTheMagicalBear, PenguinPower
[HAMMER]

Mafia Discussion [0]:

Stop Getting Banned [2]:
marcistar, Dwlee99

unassigned [4]:
RH9, Save the Dragons, Faker, Meuh

mod notes~ highlighting one of the rules here: if the day deadline runs out, the hackers will immediately win.
~ this is a mod note.
In post 181, Faker wrote:
In post 175, Datisi wrote:highlighting one of the rules here: if the day deadline runs out, the hackers will immediately win.
I'm a bit concerned by this, it's already not possible in this game but this entails configurations such that scum can automatically force a win Day 1. It is actually pretty trivial for them to do so; if town are split into a configuration of exactly 1-1-1 with scum unassigned the scum have already won the game.

Perhaps this was intentional, but in my ruleset that was why I required at least one town player remaining unassigned for this to kick in.
I am the one to flag the potential autoloss here from a scum votesplit. 2 out of 3 of the current SGB players (ie. 2 of the 3 players I can be partnered with) aren't voting. I instantly point out the scum autowin loophole and how to exploit it.

There is a good chance I can with on the spot here with a non-Dwlee99 partner. You wanted MD and I had already encouraged you to go that direction, all we need to do is wait and see what the town player does. Not only do I not do that, I instantly point it out (It was not possible FMPOV because a scumteam could not stop me from hammering SGB, not that it was technically impossible for a team to do so)

This post is only one minute after the vote count, never once did I have to consider that I personally could win this game with it.
Looking back, it seems like it was in the early votecounts as well, but I think it's obvious (quoting that VC specifically, timing) that this was the first time it came to my attention.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 300, Lukewarm wrote:I am disinclined to believe that the scum team would move town!marci to 1v1 with faker, simply because scum!faker could 1v1 most people, and I think that they would want her to go up against someone who was not already primed to lose a different minigame.

It would be like trading an win at SGB for a win at MD, but why prioritize giving your hard hitter an easier win, instead of prioritizing another scum player.
Shoutout to my guy Luke in the graveyard. I disagree with this being an easier outright win for me (I think clearing RH9 and letting me try to pocket him goes better, and I think a lot of our dialogue today reinforces how I could accomplish that even as I struggle to read him) but close enough, still not really clear how this helped us win SGB.

If Dwlee99's mafia with me they were targeting marcistar from the start. Why swap marci out? If Dwlee isn't mafia, and neither is marci, then double on "Why the fuck do we swap that?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Faker »

Honestly I have several more comments I could make about marcistar/Pooky in these pages, and I'm sure I'll run across more, but I'll try to skip them and stick to stuff with SGB. If you want more on defense/offense specifically in my game, Meuh, let me know.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by RH9 »

Faker, do you still have STD as your preferred SGB lim?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Faker »

Right now I'd go on you (RH9), my posts on why I have Dragons-leantown and RH9-scumlean aren't at all related to interactions and are better off collated from ISO.

Also Meuh I lied:
In post 448, marcistar wrote:oh yeah page 16 is horrible

its kinda funny but pooky looks so obviously scum from it. i dont think pooky is even trying to legitmately read the game.. he looks like hes just memeing :P
pooky do u seriously think penguins town rn?
I'm sorry but who on earth looks at the extended dialogue with me/Pooky/Lukewarm,
knowing from her perspective that I am scum
, and walks out of this with "pooky looks so obviously scum haha!"? I'm not talking about the pairing being impossible, though it is. I'm talking about her claim to have looked at that extended three way discussion with conf-Faker scum and thought to herself "Yeah Pooky's obviously scum too!"
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 988, Faker wrote:Right now I'd go on you (RH9), my posts on why I have Dragons-leantown and RH9-scumlean aren't at all related to interactions and are better off collated from ISO.
I see.
How about the meta-tell that you mentioned before?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Faker »

I had a vague idea about how frequent you were with nuanced follow-ups to points people raised, taking them one step further for example, as I thought I remembered those happening in Open House. On quick skim, it wasn't very backed-up by your town posts in Holiday Dance, and I found a few scumpost examples in Guardians that could have fit that mold.

I wouldn't bet on the comparative lack here being hardscum and I'd have to go back to the drawing board, looking for something else entirely, to get more confident.

I'm also going to try to finish and finish my current read before I respond to any other questions you have. I'm also probably going to take a break soon so as not to have my eyes glaze over, so just a heads up that you might be waiting awhile. At the end I'll collate where I'm at on each of you/Dragons, and accompanying explanations of any changes that happen.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 990, Faker wrote:I had a vague idea about how frequent you were with nuanced follow-ups to points people raised, taking them one step further for example, as I thought I remembered those happening in Open House. On quick skim, it wasn't very backed-up by your town posts in Holiday Dance, and I found a few scumpost examples in Guardians that could have fit that mold.
Have you checked Open 839, Open 838, Dragon Game and Micro 1036?
The first two were games that I lost as Town, the last two were games that I won as scum.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 990, Faker wrote:I'm also going to try to finish and finish my current read before I respond to any other questions you have.
Got that.

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Faker »

Page 31 update: This minigame is actually so hard, holy shit

I'm staying put with my current order but there was a moment with marci's posts to RH9 telling him he's getting buddied, and how relaxed her back/forth was with Dwlee99, that had me about to throw Dwle99 back up top

I'm choosing to believe in my early page Dwlee99 read about the dislike+fear of 1v1, right now I'm staying put.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 993, Faker wrote:Page 31 update: This minigame is actually so hard, holy shit
Which one?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by Faker »

Alright, yeah, this shit is hard.

I wouldn't be a fan of a Dwlee99 vote.

I think RH9 and Dragons is essentially too close to call, while reading I often wanted to say RH9 but fuck this is hard and as I'm typing this
I'm back to shooting at Dragons.

RH9/marci's interactions around the buddying accusations are actually pretty good:
In post 787, RH9 wrote:
In post 781, marcistar wrote:
In post 745, RH9 wrote:Good idea, actually.
Could you please find. examples of Faker buddying?
I probably missed them all.
reads like shes trying to feed you a read a certain way (the explanation after the question makes it that way)
same thing, shes trying to pick apart your reads and shoot down any progressive thought process.. but shes trying to do it in a way that won't agitate you. notice in the post how she hasnt said its a bad thought process at all? she just calls it "surprising" which is a sort of buddy buddy way of shooting down a read without making a person angry.
not buddying, but its like she isn't stating a suspicion on any of the stop getting banned players in that post; shes replying to you in a non accusatory way, she states somethings "in dwlees favor", she gives a "dragons isnt out of range" but in a half way where she doesnt use it further later on. she isnt hunting.
maybe buddying isnt the right word for these posts, its hard to do this while im tired..
alot of her posts regarding you is just asking questions/pushing your read forward which i view as a form of buddying. <670, 681 fit this> its like shes trying to get in your head and appear helpful and solving, when in reality she isn't putting in the work and she's making you do the brunt of it. she isnt outright doing stuff that will offend and trigger you, but shes doing it like back of the mind sort of thing
reads super buddyie imo
I would say that from the posts that you've referenced, Faker is more or less just being assertive.
However, I still don't think that she is trying to directly buddy because I can't help advance her wincon if she's scum.
These are the posts that to me seem unpartnered. I suggested earlier maybe she's doing this intentionally to clear RH9, but I honestly don't think she's thinking this far ahead. I think she's just trying to convince herself she's town and saying whatever random defense she comes up with to whoever is nearby. Still...maybe +town for RH9.

Individually, RH9 also had a great surge of posting on page 29, and part of me still looks at this point of Dwlee99's and goes TRUE. I also buy 899.

But that said I just...don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I'm really worried that the sequence we talked about here should be damning, and I'm a bit worried because the claim that he'd clear me as scum seems like complete bogus.

For Dragons, I liked the pushback on me insisting on D&C's relevance, I thought the explanation about it being more on Dunnstral was plausible, and I liked the spurt of solving and proactivity in bringing up how several points with Dwlee/Pooky seemed unpartnered, and how he contrasted how my interactions with Pooky were on another step when questioned by Dwlee later. These reads all make surface level sense, and some oneliners have their points where I'd guess town if I had to. I don't feel like going back and finding all of these postlinks right now to put here like I did for RH9, though, so sorry if you want to look at them yourself right now.

The unfortunate truth is that all of that is extremely trivial to fake. The bar to clear is Dragons' similarly laconic towngame, and it's on the floor. Clearing it is picking up his foot and raising it two inches. He can give a tonally decent oneliner when he feels like it, he can do something vaguely proactive when he feels like it. I didn't find marcistar's defense of him against my criticism clearing. And fundamentally, while he might have blamed Dunnstral for D&C, I'm still concerned that he let me run wild over this game with basically zero fear that I'd strongarm bad votes through.

Dwlee99 I've typed enough on, I might go into it again later but goddamn.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 994, RH9 wrote:
In post 993, Faker wrote:Page 31 update: This minigame is actually so hard, holy shit
Which one?
Yours, not mine lmao

I doubt I'm going to get around to metaing further, I really don't like to do it unless I have something specific in mind to look for, but we'll see. For now I'm tired, I got my reading I wanted done, that minigame (SGB) is hard as hell, time to go play FFXII
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:40 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Will post tomorrow going to bed now
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 996, Faker wrote:
In post 994, RH9 wrote:
Which one?
Yours, not mine lmao
I see.
TBH I agree.

v/la every weekend

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:04 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 979, RH9 wrote:
In post 975, marcistar wrote:not necessarily. i don't have a good memory so I don't remember dwlees scumgame at all.

need
STD's doing that too now and you don't have him as Mafia.
He's drawing way less attention than Dwlee who posts every once in a while with something super bound to get attention.
Honestly, STD's way more better than Dwlee at not standing out and getting noticed.
Nothing personal.
I was about to say the same thing… stop stealing my ideas RH9 :cry:

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”