Micro 1056: Moderators of the Discord Server [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:32 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 1049, marcistar wrote:i think faker x dwlee has compatibility too since she keeps defending dwlee
I see.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Still feel RH9

Catching up now
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 975, marcistar wrote:not necessarily. i don't have a good memory so I don't remember dwlees scumgame at all.

i just think in general, scum don't like attention drawn to them.
is that not something that lines up with what dwlees doing right now? only posting when they
need
to? : D
You could also go look at any of my scum games
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 984, Faker wrote:
Okay, Meuh, this should be very useful for you
In post 175, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.03

with 3 possible channels to be assigned to, it takes 2 full channels to end the day. day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-23 12:30:00).

assignments
Sillyposting [3]:
Lukewarm, PookyTheMagicalBear, PenguinPower
[HAMMER]

Mafia Discussion [0]:

Stop Getting Banned [2]:
marcistar, Dwlee99

unassigned [4]:
RH9, Save the Dragons, Faker, Meuh

mod notes~ highlighting one of the rules here: if the day deadline runs out, the hackers will immediately win.
~ this is a mod note.
In post 181, Faker wrote:
In post 175, Datisi wrote:highlighting one of the rules here: if the day deadline runs out, the hackers will immediately win.
I'm a bit concerned by this, it's already not possible in this game but this entails configurations such that scum can automatically force a win Day 1. It is actually pretty trivial for them to do so; if town are split into a configuration of exactly 1-1-1 with scum unassigned the scum have already won the game.

Perhaps this was intentional, but in my ruleset that was why I required at least one town player remaining unassigned for this to kick in.
I am the one to flag the potential autoloss here from a scum votesplit. 2 out of 3 of the current SGB players (ie. 2 of the 3 players I can be partnered with) aren't voting. I instantly point out the scum autowin loophole and how to exploit it.

There is a good chance I can with on the spot here with a non-Dwlee99 partner. You wanted MD and I had already encouraged you to go that direction, all we need to do is wait and see what the town player does. Not only do I not do that, I instantly point it out (It was not possible FMPOV because a scumteam could not stop me from hammering SGB, not that it was technically impossible for a team to do so)

This post is only one minute after the vote count, never once did I have to consider that I personally could win this game with it.
Looking back, it seems like it was in the early votecounts as well, but I think it's obvious (quoting that VC specifically, timing) that this was the first time it came to my attention.
If y'all have doubts fivehead
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1003, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 643, Dwlee99 wrote:Gonna reassess Pooky egging me on
did you ever do this
Yea when I considered pooky's bussing history from games we were in together
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by RH9 »

Dwlee, when you finish your catch-up, what do you think of Faker's clear?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Faker »

Based off of my thoughts driving I am sold it is RH9

This is based off of nothing substantive, just my driving with the windows down to my favorite burrito place, then sitting at the table munching on said burrito, then driving home with the windows down again

Thank you for your time. I might catch up later.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1056, Faker wrote:Based off of my thoughts driving I am sold it is RH9
STD's right in and , Faker.
You know that we'll lose if I get limmed.
You're blatantly the only viable partner for scum!me.
I know that you're in the clear now but I'm not.

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 995, Faker wrote:I suggested earlier maybe she's doing this intentionally to clear RH9, but I honestly don't think she's thinking this far ahead. I think she's just trying to convince herself she's town and saying whatever random defense she comes up with to whoever is nearby. Still...maybe +town for RH9.
This was a crucial turning point for me in reading into that interaction.

marci's mindset for faking things is just to tell herself "I'm town and this person is mafia!", and work backwards or ignore anything that doesn't fit that. I don't think she places a lot of emphasis on who is/isn't her specific partner when deciding how to interact.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1058, Faker wrote:
In post 995, Faker wrote:I suggested earlier maybe she's doing this intentionally to clear RH9, but I honestly don't think she's thinking this far ahead. I think she's just trying to convince herself she's town and saying whatever random defense she comes up with to whoever is nearby. Still...maybe +town for RH9.
This was a crucial turning point for me in reading into that interaction.

marci's mindset for faking things is just to tell herself "I'm town and this person is mafia!", and work backwards or ignore anything that doesn't fit that. I don't think she places a lot of emphasis on who is/isn't her specific partner when deciding how to interact.
So you're saying that all three of us in SGB could be her partner?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm not really sure where you're getting that interpretation. I have a few distinctions I can make but this the explanations I can think of are pretty tedious.

I'm not saying that who she chooses to push and how isn't telling. These are chosen directly off of her wincon.

I am saying that who was in the vicinity as she tried to push marci-town and Faker-scum probably isn't telling, because her mindset when acting the part is just "okay I'm TOWN and faker is SCUM" and try to forget everything else. She's decided who to push above and now just pushes the rest out of mind.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1060, Faker wrote:I'm not really sure where you're getting that interpretation. I have a few distinctions I can make but this the explanations I can think of are pretty tedious.

I'm not saying that who she chooses to push and how isn't telling. These are chosen directly off of her wincon.

I am saying that who was in the vicinity as she tried to push marci-town and Faker-scum probably isn't telling, because her mindset when acting the part is just "okay I'm TOWN and faker is SCUM" and try to forget everything else. She's decided who to push above and now just pushes the rest out of mind.
I see.
I had thought that
In post 1058, Faker wrote:I don't think she places a lot of emphasis on who is/isn't her specific partner when deciding how to interact.
meant that you believed that all of us could be viable partners.

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by Faker »

Anyway that was just my slow-thinking, chewing on the game over time conclusion. I'll try to actually get into the nitty gritty soon.

For now I think this quote is very relevant and worth bringing back up. Now that marcistar is confirmed scum, this interaction should be more useful to someone else.
In post 983, Faker wrote:Silver bullet selling points [on Dwlee99 town] for me are 83 and 93 from marci in reaction to a point of Dwlee's. They're immediately defensive, then pivot towards the more aggressive. I think there's very good reason to believe this set in particular isn't S/S theater: Having locked in, Dwlee99 was confirmed to be going against her at this point.
I'd again be pleasantly surprised if this is S/S.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Faker »

marci, be honest, was it your idea to go in MD or did someone else put you up to this?

Remember, you can't lie, Datisi is watching.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1063, Faker wrote:Datisi is watching.
Is that 1984 reference?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Faker »

I more had in mind God & a sort of stern religious parental figure but Big Brother government works too
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1065, Faker wrote:I more had in mind God & a sort of stern religious parental figure but Big Brother government works too
Oh.
TBH I think that if I win this game and my original half-asleep reads turn out correct, I would be worried.

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 943, Datisi wrote:~ this votecount is to make you know i have not abandoned you
man you skipped my high school graduation, my college graduation, my wedding and the only thing i get from you is this text?

fuck you dad
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by RH9 »

STD, Dwlee, do you both still want to vote me?
You do know that not hammering me will clear you like Faker, right?

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Faker »

Two things, both related to your (RH9's) experience in Open 840, my run of Guardians.

First, I want to revisit your read of Lukewarm this game:
In post 718, RH9 wrote:As for my TR on Luke, it was that switch from jovial to serious. I know Luke's scumgame and he's not the sort to suddenly change from jovial to serious in one phase.
I'm curious as to what experience this is drawing on. Perhaps it's the
switch
that is the key, but your read of Lukewarm (as scum/scum) was:
In post 1256, RH9 wrote: felt off to me due to his astounding confidence on his reads. Seeing that implosion got moved and how much Lukewarm exhibited a desire to win in , it is obvious that Lukewarm is scum. He seems strangely into meta and theory. Examples of this include , , , , , , , and .
This read was scum/scum, but the observations still apply. Was Luke's confidence in Pooky-scum/voting Penguin early not a redflag for you?

Second, looking again at my run of Guardians, the Wall never had any votes placed in it. Town swept Keep and Gate.
In post 899, RH9 wrote:
In post 898, Faker wrote:LMAO

SGB is the easiest game for scum to win. It means it's easier if you think you've got a better chance to win against me in MD than marcistar would, which I'm honestly not sure if that's what you're arguing but part of me really hopes you are.

I'd love some RH9 trash talk about how you'd run my ass out of town NO SWEAT
I lost Wall last time as scum.
I think that MD allows for more coordinated pocketing by scum which I think marci is failing at.
But then, I'm Town so most of what I say is hypothetical and based off my experience in Open 840.
Scum obviously lost that overall game, but with the Wall minigame unresolved, why do you personally feel you lost the Wall?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Prism »

I also really question your bit about wanting to be in MD with me as mafia. It looked like you were suggesting you could clear me, and that it would be fun to go against me. That may be, but I think that contradicts some of your approach to Open 840. Here are your thoughts on being in the Wall with a player familiar with you:
In post 1, RH9 wrote:I feel worried about numberQ. He knows my towngame.
In post 182, RH9 wrote:
In post 180, Lukewarm wrote:I think that my "scum slip" on baltar has been mentioned enough that me flipping first probably helps you A Lot.

And me flipping scum could lead to an Implo miselim at the wall too.

The keep flipping first I think is infinitely better for us, even if I lose. Neither of those things work in reverse in our favor.
Cool but numberQ knows my towngame and is likely to get me eliminated at the Wall.
It seems like you're worried about players familiar with you, and while I'm not
actually
exceptional at reading you, I don't think you would have known this prior to my statements this game. I've seen a sizable sample of you between Open House, Holiday Dance, Guardians, etc. I'm probably one of the players you've interacted with the most on the site.

Yet despite that:
In post 895, RH9 wrote:
In post 891, Faker wrote:
RH9/marci makes a good bit of sense, even if not as much as Dragons/marci. I can see RH9 not really wanting to go against me, and clearing me is even more unpalatable. marcistar might think she can tonally manipulate you into a win and Pooky probably encourages her to give it a shot, YOLO.
I would have loved to go against you as scum.
It would be more fun anyways.
I wouldn't have anything to worry.
It's much better letting my scumpartner win in SGB than doing that myself.
It'll be easier.
In post 907, RH9 wrote:
In post 906, Faker wrote:It was, yes.

To make it more clear, "I can see a world where [as mafia] you go to MD and clear me [in an attempt to pocket me and win the 1v1 against someone else] honestly." This is in contrast to the world we're in, where you're obviously not in MD.
I see.
TBH,
I was going to suggest that in a scum!me world, clearing you in addition to swapping Meuh and marci would be ideal.
You claim you would have played MD out with me, and in fact probably would have cleared me (leaving me the opportunity to hammer you)

Next, there are these statements in the scum PT of Open 840:
In post 200, RH9 wrote:I probably made you sound like you deliberately swapped implosion and Pavowski in order to fulfil your 'desire' of winning a minigame.
In post 202, RH9 wrote:Also, I'm planning to continue my narrative of scum!Lukewarm and confbiased Town!me.
This seems oddly similar to how you followed up on your Day 1 reads at the start of Day 2 this game:
In post 237, RH9 wrote:This might sound bizarre but I think that the interactions between Dwlee and marci seem like they are aligned, possibly even scum together.
What does everybody else think?
In post 439, RH9 wrote:By the way, the swap reinforced my reads.
I think that Dwlee was distancing from marci during D1 so that when they were apart and marci flipped red, scum could use this flip to make STD misvote.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Faker »

Spoiler: I don't want to spam it with a wall but here it is just for the ISO
In post 1070, Prism wrote:I also really question your bit about wanting to be in MD with me as mafia. It looked like you were suggesting you could clear me, and that it would be fun to go against me. That may be, but I think that contradicts some of your approach to Open 840. Here are your thoughts on being in the Wall with a player familiar with you:
In post 1, RH9 wrote:I feel worried about numberQ. He knows my towngame.
In post 182, RH9 wrote:
In post 180, Lukewarm wrote:I think that my "scum slip" on baltar has been mentioned enough that me flipping first probably helps you A Lot.

And me flipping scum could lead to an Implo miselim at the wall too.

The keep flipping first I think is infinitely better for us, even if I lose. Neither of those things work in reverse in our favor.
Cool but numberQ knows my towngame and is likely to get me eliminated at the Wall.
It seems like you're worried about players familiar with you, and while I'm not
actually
exceptional at reading you, I don't think you would have known this prior to my statements this game. I've seen a sizable sample of you between Open House, Holiday Dance, Guardians, etc. I'm probably one of the players you've interacted with the most on the site.

Yet despite that:
In post 895, RH9 wrote:
In post 891, Faker wrote:
RH9/marci makes a good bit of sense, even if not as much as Dragons/marci. I can see RH9 not really wanting to go against me, and clearing me is even more unpalatable. marcistar might think she can tonally manipulate you into a win and Pooky probably encourages her to give it a shot, YOLO.
I would have loved to go against you as scum.
It would be more fun anyways.
I wouldn't have anything to worry.
It's much better letting my scumpartner win in SGB than doing that myself.
It'll be easier.
In post 907, RH9 wrote:
In post 906, Faker wrote:It was, yes.

To make it more clear, "I can see a world where [as mafia] you go to MD and clear me [in an attempt to pocket me and win the 1v1 against someone else] honestly." This is in contrast to the world we're in, where you're obviously not in MD.
I see.
TBH,
I was going to suggest that in a scum!me world, clearing you in addition to swapping Meuh and marci would be ideal.
You claim you would have played MD out with me, and in fact probably would have cleared me (leaving me the opportunity to hammer you)

Next, there are these statements in the scum PT of Open 840:
In post 200, RH9 wrote:I probably made you sound like you deliberately swapped implosion and Pavowski in order to fulfil your 'desire' of winning a minigame.
In post 202, RH9 wrote:Also, I'm planning to continue my narrative of scum!Lukewarm and confbiased Town!me.
This seems oddly similar to how you followed up on your Day 1 reads at the start of Day 2 this game:
In post 237, RH9 wrote:This might sound bizarre but I think that the interactions between Dwlee and marci seem like they are aligned, possibly even scum together.
What does everybody else think?
In post 439, RH9 wrote:By the way, the swap reinforced my reads.
I think that Dwlee was distancing from marci during D1 so that when they were apart and marci flipped red, scum could use this flip to make STD misvote.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 1069, Faker wrote:Was Luke's confidence in Pooky-scum/voting Penguin early not a redflag for you?
His switch from jovial to serious is what made me think that he wasn't scum.
In Open 840, Luke was constantly serious in the thread. He even said in the Saboteur PT during last run that
Lukewarm wrote:I am also notorious for presenting my reads very confidently as town. It is something that regularly alerts people I havent played with before, but it is definitely a feature of my town play.
In post 1069, Faker wrote:Scum obviously lost that overall game, but with the Wall minigame unresolved, why do you personally feel you lost the Wall?
It was my best scumgame and I needed implo to vote numberQ.
I didn't get implo to hammer and instead ended up making imaginality look worse.

v/la every weekend

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Faker »

Okay, with the switch being the key: What was your basis for thinking that was strongly town-indicative?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Faker »

Aight I'm going to bed for the night, sorry for throwing you on the grill for a minute, will be back late evening tomorrow

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”