Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

It was plural no?
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Official Vote Count 3.02
Image this praying mantis has six legs, and can’t seem to remember where they lost their keys

eliminationWith 5 votes in play, it takes 3 to close without saving.

Coral
(1): scamper

Not Voting
(4): Ausuka, Coral, Datisi, MegAzumarill

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-08-14 04:59:26).

Mod notes:
This is a reminder that each game day is shorter than the last.
Last edited by Irrelephant11 on Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Coral »

I just wanted to clarify. So you don't townread me anymore?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I found when going back through your posts yestterday for datisi a lot of the posts I had originally found town indicative involved phoenix/galron in a positive light or elsewise able to be contextualized from that flip.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Coral »

By "for datisi", do you mean when he asked you in to explain your read?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Yes
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Coral »

Why did you reinforce your reasons to townread in your response, then?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Because although the posts *can be recontextualized in that way, It's no hard evidence and I still find the posts I did mention +town.
Leaves me conflicted about your slot and Xayah was still far more into scum territory.

I also think you had a decent chance of eating a nightkill.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1231, Datisi wrote:scamper, what do you think about massclaiming?
im all for it now
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1233, Ausuka wrote:The claims thing is like... Again I will wait for massclaim, I think until then we can't really comment on them. Although I will say I don't think miller really makes complex cop any more useful. It's the kind of thing that looks like a cool interaction until you think about it and realise it's not actually interesting at all

I do agree that my instinct is that Meg would be more reluctant to fight with scamper like that as scum but I guess that could be wrong
i agree with what you are saying about complex cop/miller interaction as well, was kind of what i was trying to say
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1243, Coral wrote:scamper, I too would like to know what you think about a massclaim.

I'd also like to hear what your thoughts are currently on Datisi, if you don't mind.
i think he's probably town and don't see him pushing phoenix that way on day 1 if they're teamed
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Coral »

Can you go into that a little more? I think if we can be confident on Datisi being town then this game becomes much easier.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1246, MegAzumarill wrote:I'm getting the impression scum is currently probing players trying to figure their plan to moving forward.
is that supposed to tell u anything, because i think thats how scum almost always plays with 1 left...
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Coral »

I know you already talked about it a bit in . I guess it wouldn't hurt anything for me to be a little more clear. Day 1, I asked you similarly about Xayah, and you said you didn't want to go into it yet, but would if it was necessary. Then the next day you ended up willing to vote for her, and did so.

If you're scum, you're in a similar situation here, where Datisi isn't getting eliminated today but you may need to have him available as an option tomorrow. It would benefit you in that situation to be a little cagey on your reasoning so that you don't have as much that you need to walk back later, just like it did in the case of Xayah.

I'm asking for your reasoning now because if you're scum, I want you to commit to it and have your thoughts out there. And if you're town, then your insights would be useful and so I want to hear your reasoning in that case as well.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1261, Coral wrote:Can you go into that a little more? I think if we can be confident on Datisi being town then this game becomes much easier.
i dont want to overexaggerate my confidence level, but i think its just you and dont find anyone else to be a likely partner. if you flipped town i would re-evaluate everyone. i can go into more depth in a bit tho
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Coral »

And I'm not worried about spelling that out for you since if you're scum you're already aware of it. But if you're town, it may give you some incentive to share more of your thoughts.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 78, Datisi wrote:
In post 67, Ph0enix wrote:
In post 66, Ausuka wrote:Do you think questioning me about whether mindmelding is a good towntell is going to help solve my alignment?
I don't think it's a good towntell, and in case it's not, your TR-ing Meg may just be an early attempt at pocketing as far as I'm concerned.
this first sentence doesn't really follow into the second i think

like, it seems to try to imply that ausuka is automatically scum for making a "bad towntell" despite not really thinking about whether ausuka is a townie that's just wrong. yes i know he said "may" there, it gives off a different vibe.
In post 89, Datisi wrote:phoenix kinda feels like he's trying to be ~logically correct and consistent~ without having the actual fire behind his posting

does that make sense? i hope that makes sense

scamper, what do you think

my way too early solve is 2 in {phoenix, done, coral}
he calls out phoenix very early and keeps his rvs vote on him and i kinda think scum are less likely to put immediate pressure on a partner like this when that momentum could spiral into an elim
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 98, Ph0enix wrote:
In post 89, Datisi wrote:phoenix kinda feels like he's trying to be ~logically correct and consistent~ without having the
my way too early solve is 2 in {phoenix, done, coral}
What's Coral doing in there?
this is kindof un-partnery, though hm

idk that i wanna bet the game on a single post but
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by scamper »

un-partnery for coral, i mean

unless a scum player is a *really* bad noob they dont ask a question like that when someone has their partner in a correct poe and phoenix is a more capable player than that
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 161, Datisi wrote:oh, pho scumleans both coral and xayah too, that's beautiful
In post 157, Ph0enix wrote:Datisi - trying to generate discussion in his first few posts. I understand the point Xayah made in one of her posts that the questions seem "low-effort" in a sense, but I generally think Town is more likely to want to ask questions of any kind than sit back and watch. I like the point he made about Xayah having backed down too easily once she was questioned on it. It's these points that I think are more likely to come from Town than from scum, not the questions he was asking at the beginning, though I think it's normal to start with basic questions at the beginning of the game before you have enough information to make up your mind and take a stance.
i feel like this goes back and forth on whether my early questions are townie or not, in a way that is meant to seem smart and nuanced but is actually not saying much at all.
In post 157, Ph0enix wrote:I kinda see Don's point but I think suggesting such a move is too obvious to do as scum, if that makes sense? Like, putting so much pressure on yourself by suggesting such a thing is a suboptimal move from a scum POV, IMO.
i don't think this is exactly valid - there is a good subset of players, myself included, that hate when a lot of the game isn't voting and the day stagnates, because that usually lets scum get away with doing nothing. so i think there is also a decent subset of players that would've agreed to don's idea of putting people at y-1 early for the content or pressure or whatever. and the possibility of getting a yeet this early would've been great for scum, which is why i see it as a possible scum strategy.
In post 157, Ph0enix wrote:I see her point for not wanting to put Don at E-1 but I do think it's also an easy excuse for not wanting to take a stance, as Don implied.
i feel like coral very much did take a stance and called done scummy? she just didn't vote?
In post 157, Ph0enix wrote:Though as I mentioned in a previous post, that begs the question if it wasn't meant to be a push, why bother in the first place?
expressing scumreads on people without immediately pushing them is a thing? xayah should probably elaborate first if she wants, but i feel like i see reason behind her actions you talk about here
there is further questioning of phoenix here. im not sure its strongly ai but him continuining to pick at scum rather than back down is a decent look
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 228, Datisi wrote:galron kinda feels better than he did in that meme exploder game

VOTE: coral

coral!! what are your current thoughts on the gamestate, apart from the xayah read?
if theres a point of concern, its that i feel he backed off on the read a little too quickly when galron subbed in, esp because galrons posts were kind of bad

sometimes when scum are bussing but dont really want to, they will look for a backdoor, a reason to get away from the read and push somewhere else. its something im very self-conscious about and its pretty observable in other people too, you start bussing because you assume your partner might go down, but if people start making excuses for them its very tempting to back away so as to not have to bus

so, like, i *could* see this post coming from a phoenix partner, but xayah said something very similar and was town so its not like this is a smoking gun
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 335, Datisi wrote:i'm not really sold on ari being wolf, but i could wagon galron, yes
In post 583, Datisi wrote:ok i read about 1/10th of posts and i scrolled through ari's isp a bit and i wanna say this is very likely town!ari bc i really don't think scum!ari loses her nerves like this

i see galron hasn't done shit since i was last here so how many votes is he on? i wanna vote him but don't wanna lolhammer

pls link me if i need to respond to anything
In post 589, Datisi wrote:my attention has been acquired

unfortunately i am not able to properly catch up until like 12 hours from now, so

the opening posts were better than his posts in the exploder game enchant modded recently. but i am not so impressed by him that i wanna let him skate by on d1 without content. and i remember thinking his last post or two were kinda uninspiring but idk

and yes, i think that has the intention of showing you that you're committing a strawman (which imho you were doing to me, at least at some point), but it doesn't draw the lamist attention to themself. it doesn't help fuel the me/you fight since i'm basically already accusing you of strawmanning myself so it's not new info to the table.

it's not a lock by any means but i do like the post
In post 590, Datisi wrote:
In post 285, Galron wrote:It was something like you don't see the thing I do, at least the way I'm seeing it. How does that make me maf?
yeah, this post felt really boring to me and like a very uninspiring response

also, since i think ausuka and ari are both town, i think it's worth it getting our attention to lower impact slots than letting them storm up the thread even more
this isnt as strong as i remember it being. i thought datisi was one of the ones agitating for wagoning galron but the way the second post was written feels like he was adding to pre-existing momentum, not starting up his push anew. i would need to read for context to fully check this.
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 1270, scamper wrote:its something im very self-conscious about
This is why I had you as town after the flip, so I guess it's good to see you mention it here. You backed off Galron in a pretty bad-optics way that I thought you would be too self-conscious to do as scum.

Now the question is if you would be too self-conscious to mention how you would be too self-conscious to do that as scum, in a game where you did in fact do that :)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1272, Coral wrote:
In post 1270, scamper wrote:its something im very self-conscious about
This is why I had you as town after the flip, so I guess it's good to see you mention it here. You backed off Galron in a pretty bad-optics way that I thought you would be too self-conscious to do as scum.

Now the question is if you would be too self-conscious to mention how you would be too self-conscious to do that as scum, in a game where you did in fact do that :)
the only time i recall backing off galron was when i said i thought he didnt fit with many possible teammates besides u, and tbh i would make an excuse like that as scum. i dont particularly think my interactions with the slot are clearing.
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Coral »

The way you moved onto Datisi and Meg while not exactly pushing them as scum felt like actions that look bad but don't actually really accomplish anything in terms of securing an elim on anybody besides Galron.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”