Micro 1062 | Divide and Conquer | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:28 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 17, Cephrir wrote:My first scalding hot take is that Radja would not have divided the hoods like this and is therefore town

I feel like this is the work of someone up on site culture
Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldnt I divide it like this?
I was thinking I would lock you as town if we were in different neighbourhoods, but that didn't happen.

Also hi Cakez, I remember you too!
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:32 pm

Post by Radja »

I was also thinking we should eliminate from the smaller hood before the game started, but I think I changed my mind about that now. Eliminating from the big hood seems like it could be more rewarding.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:48 pm

Post by Radja »

1: yes. I think scum Cephir would have put me in his good

2: I wouldnt go that far. I just thought about what would mathematically give us the best odds of hitting mafia, which is the smaller pool. So I assumed most players would want to go that way.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #143 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:53 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 45, Cephrir wrote:
In post 27, Radja wrote:
In post 17, Cephrir wrote:My first scalding hot take is that Radja would not have divided the hoods like this and is therefore town

I feel like this is the work of someone up on site culture
Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldnt I divide it like this?
I was thinking I would lock you as town if we were in different neighbourhoods, but that didn't happen.

Also hi Cakez, I remember you too!
to my mind, the small hood contains 3 small name players (because i have not heard of them) while the large hood contains all of the big players. i feel like you wouldn't have done that to yourself - it's too likely the players who play often will be able to find each other as town if they were all town. i think the large hood scum decided to carry the game, i think they are likely a veteran planning to blend in with a crowd they know well, i think because they are a veteran they most likely called the shot on how to divide the hoods, and the presence of strong players in their hood will also explain why they don't die at night.

granted this is partly stemming from my belief that eliming in the small hood was clearly optimal which i'm not so sure about anymore
To be fair, I pretty much only now you and Cakez. So I have no clue who the "small name players" are.
I suppose that matches into your "veteran player wants to carry the game" strategy though?
I was hoping I'd get some idea about your allegiance here, but nothing really points me in any direction.

I hope I can keep up with the pace of this game. I don't really like reading up too much.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #144 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:01 am

Post by Radja »

In post 85, SirCakez wrote:I think Dann and Lucian are town for pg 3
I agree on Lucian, I'm not sure about Dann
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:13 am

Post by Radja »

^scratch that, you've explained it already

Small Hood: ScaredBear an Lucian are probably town?
Unless:
- Scared Bear is mafia
- wants to make sure we vote in the small hood for the mafia in big hood to have better odds later
- will probably get voted out on day 2 if Somnus happens to be town? But that leaves the big hood wide open, which might be a good call for them.

Or I'm wrong about Lucian..

Big Hood: not a clue tbh

I guess I could vote Somnus, but I'm not convinced eliminating from the small hood is a good idea.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #149 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:02 am

Post by Radja »

Somnus, do you have any reads at all?
Like, if it's not you, it HAS to be either Lucian or ScaredBear. Who are you looking at here?

I'm not convinced lynching in the small hood is a good play here, so I would love to see you put in some effort here and produce some reads.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:30 am

Post by Radja »

In post 151, Lucian wrote:
In post 149, Radja wrote:lynching
Heads up, you can't use this word anymore.

I'm not thrilled by Somnus' return posts. Similar to Radja. Do you think I'm mafia pushing you in bad faith? That I'm misguided? Any thoughts on anyone in the big hood?
dammit, I've read about not using that word anymore and I've had to remind myself multiple times already, but it still slipped in there. Sorry!

What I'm mostly worried about is being wrong here, Somnus flipping town and us having pretty much nothing to work with, aside from the 50/50 odds. Which pretty much forces us to look at the small hood AGAIN on day 2.
I'm very unsure about the big hood, so I'd actually prefer voting there to get more information and to also force mafia to make a decision on who to eliminate at night.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Radja »

In post 157, Lucian wrote:For what it's worth, while I do really think Somnus is scum, I don't think eliminating him right now is the right move, as I said earlier. So I am more than fine to shift my focus onto the big hood for the time being. I also think seeing Somnus and Scared Bear solving the big hood would be useful.
In post 156, Radja wrote:I'm very unsure about the big hood, so I'd actually prefer voting there to get more information and to also force mafia to make a decision on who to eliminate at night.
You say this, yet you're the only person not voting. Do you really have no thoughts on anyone in the big hood?
Well, not really actually?
I've had some conflicting ideas about Cephrir. Aside from that, I don't really have much of a read on anyone else.
What about you?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #194 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 160, Lucian wrote:
In post 159, Radja wrote:What about you?
I think I have made all my thoughts on the big hood players pretty clear, no?
Maybe? I'd appreciate it more if you'd give me a recap of your reads.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #196 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 165, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:KILL FIRE BEFORE IT KILLS YOU
In post 145, Radja wrote:^scratch that, you've explained it already

Small Hood: ScaredBear an Lucian are probably town?
Unless:
- Scared Bear is mafia
- wants to make sure we vote in the small hood for the mafia in big hood to have better odds later
- will probably get voted out on day 2 if Somnus happens to be town? But that leaves the big hood wide open, which might be a good call for them.

Or I'm wrong about Lucian..

Big Hood: not a clue tbh

I guess I could vote Somnus, but I'm not convinced eliminating from the small hood is a good idea.
ARE YOU BEING GENUINE OR ARE YOU TRYING TO CREATE AN OUT FOR SOMNUS?
You tell me?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 171, SirCakez wrote:
In post 135, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: Somnus

BEAR POWA

Based on fossil evidence from Russia and Bulgaria, the first known members of the family Procyonidae lived in Europe in the late Oligocene about 25 million years ago. Similar tooth and skull structures suggest procyonids and weasels share a common ancestor, but molecular analysis indicates a closer relationship between raccoons and bears.
also imma gonna be a filthy pre-flip associator and say this makes me think Somnus is town cuz Ceph put this scummy ass vote on them

What's so wrong with this vote?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #218 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Radja »

VOTE: Pooky

I don't feel the Dannflor scum vibe.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #240 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Radja »

Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #241 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Radja »

I'm fine with my vote I guess
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #244 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Radja »

In post 242, Isis wrote:pooky posted a readslist
I disagree
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #284 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Post by Radja »

TBH I don't really have any good reason to scumread anyone in the big hood, so Pooky's lack of content is just what I'm going with for now.
I really don't see why people are giving him a pass here.

Second guess would probably be Cephrir? I think he might have attempted to pocket me immediately by townreading me. But maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Other than that, idk. If I end up getting eliminated, that's still a better choice than Somnus.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #291 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:15 am

Post by Radja »

Can we not eliminate from the small hood?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #382 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 367, Lucian wrote:
In post 361, Lucian wrote:You've been voting him for almost 10 pages. I don't approve of your strategy; but there's consistency there, it feels like something you actually believe in. While SirCakez suddenly decided that we gotta eliminate Somnus, and not only that, he also made sure that we all know he does not townread Somnus at all! Even though the only reason he had for townreading him was an associate read with you, which ended up being made from incorrect logic anyway! And he's not trying to understand my argument, he's just shading me and dismissing it! I don't like it!
Another reason why it rubbed me the wrong way is that SirCakez has been sorting within the big hood, and people were in the middle of running up Radja (who is in the big hood), and
that
is where SirCakez decides to start voting Somnus? Town knows that we need to catch the big-hood-scum to win. So the timing of voting for Somnus JUST AS people are actually voting someone up to sort them is...? I just don't get it from a town perspective.
There's only 1 scum in the big hood. So Cakez going for Somnus at the moment I was getting votes might not be the best play, but there's 0% we're scum together so I don't see why he's getting heat for it?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #383 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Radja »

Thinking about it more I really think Cakez is town.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #388 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 386, Lucian wrote:
In post 382, Radja wrote:
In post 367, Lucian wrote:
In post 361, Lucian wrote:You've been voting him for almost 10 pages. I don't approve of your strategy; but there's consistency there, it feels like something you actually believe in. While SirCakez suddenly decided that we gotta eliminate Somnus, and not only that, he also made sure that we all know he does not townread Somnus at all! Even though the only reason he had for townreading him was an associate read with you, which ended up being made from incorrect logic anyway! And he's not trying to understand my argument, he's just shading me and dismissing it! I don't like it!
Another reason why it rubbed me the wrong way is that SirCakez has been sorting within the big hood, and people were in the middle of running up Radja (who is in the big hood), and
that
is where SirCakez decides to start voting Somnus? Town knows that we need to catch the big-hood-scum to win. So the timing of voting for Somnus JUST AS people are actually voting someone up to sort them is...? I just don't get it from a town perspective.
There's only 1 scum in the big hood. So Cakez going for Somnus at the moment I was getting votes might not be the best play, but there's 0% we're scum together so I don't see why he's getting heat for it?

You are
literally quoting
a post where I explained why I think SirCakez's timing of the Somnus vote is suspicious. How did you end up at "SirCakez and Radja are buddies"? Is nobody reading my posts? Am I not speaking clearly?

I just completely don't see why ScumCakez would do that. Why is the timing of it such a problem to you, especially when I can't be scum with Cakez. I just don't see it.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #402 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Radja »

I don’t think any townie would believe that Somnus flipping town gives us nothing to work with. Especially because Lucian is so eye-blindingly obvious town in this game. I don’t think anyone has not town read Lucian at this point?

A Somnus town flip would break the game wide open and this post seems like a fake fear designed to look pro-town. If my current theory about the game is correct then this also fits because I don’t think scum want to flip Somnus right now. If Somnus is town, flipping them puts extreme pressure on a mafia member who is otherwise exerting a lot of thread presence.

If I’m wrong and Somnus is scum, I would expect Somnus’ partner to be ready and willing to bus them. I would honestly probably clear Radja in this scenario.

All that being said, if Somnus is town, I think scum in the big hood always has to be ready to turn and believably bus their buddy due to the inevitability of the Somnus flip and the nature of the setup.
That’s why I find this hedging to be especially scummy if my scrrredbear!scum and Somnus!town theory is correct. Look at all the words Radja devotes to the possibility that BEAR might be scum. It reads partnery to me.

I am also unclear how Radja progressed from thinking eliminating in the small hood was good, to thinking eliminating in the big hood was more rewarding, to thinking eliminating in the small hood is actively bad.

Eliminating in the small hood is bad because it doesn't force mafia to kill in the big hood, which is what we want. I think multiple people have already said this too.
I came in thinking it would be better to eliminate from the small hood, because it gives better odds to hit mafia. I think I changed my opinion on that at around page 1. I don't see how this is hard for you.

I think solving the game is going to be easier if we make the big hood smaller, it gives better odds on both sides and there's a possibility on having 5 conftowns.

So no, I don't want to eliminate Somnus right now. If disagree that Somnus flipping town "breaks the game completely open", because I don't think it provides much information about anyone in the big hood.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #484 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by Radja »

I'm starting to townread Cephrir too now. Don't really see why he would come out and defend me in the current situation, if he's scum.
So either it's Pooky or I'm wrong. It's that simple to me and thats's all I got.
Still don't see why nobody is looking that way. If I have to get eliminated for that to happen... go for it.
Pooky/Somnus calling it now.
I'm fine with Day 1 ending now. I just don't see it being Pooky in the current game state. So y'all do what you have to do I guess.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #488 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 485, Dannflor wrote:Radja why aren't you feeling Dannflor scum
I think you're trying to gamesolve. I think you had some valid points to target me when you posted that wall. Maybe I should have responded to that post a little more in depth. But I was phone reading and I didn't want to go through the pain of trying to make a coherent post there.

Anyway, I think you're on the wrong track, but I do think you're town.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #489 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:01 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 486, Isis wrote:Why isn't Isis sucmmmm
The way you approach the game just reads as town. I don't know how else to explain it.
At the beginning of the game, I thought I'd have a rough time getting a read on you.
You're nonchalant in a way, but you also question things at the right time.
I don't see anything that would make me consider you mafia.
Idk if that's a good explanation, but it'll have to do.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #491 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:21 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 490, Dannflor wrote:
In post 489, Radja wrote:You're nonchalant in a way, but you also question things at the right time.
Isis is very good at replicating this in her scum game and she knows I know that which is probably why she's going huh at me so strongly town reading her
so why are you townreading her, if not that?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #494 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:45 pm

Post by Radja »

In post 492, Dannflor wrote:partially laziness, partially I think she'd be playing a little more proactively as scum, partially she's the only one in the big hood I think hasn't done anything suspicious

I'm in the process of rereading so I'll get back to you
I mean, just that doesn't really validate you "so strongly townreading her"?
Or am I missing something here?

Either way, would love to hear more
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #709 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Radja »

Hey hey!

I had a really rough day so I'll keep this short.

Hi fferyllt! Glad to see you in a game!
Unfortunately for you, you're in a horrible slot.

I reaaaaaally dont want to eliminate from the small hood. Can we not do that please?

Fferyllt, are you all caught up?

I dont really have a lot to add here, I think the day has lasted long enough.

Will try to be around more tomorrow
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #764 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Radja »

Alright, just a quick thought dump here:

fferyllt is obviously a very competent mafia player. I've played with her before and I'm pretty sure she's fooled me before.
I don't see Lucian or ScaredBear being scum yet.
If not for the Somnus interactions, I don't know how I'd read this slot.
Either way, I have 0 interest in eliminating from the small hood, so I guess I don't need to worry about being wrong?
fferyllt townreading me: I think I'd expect that from town fferyllt, but scum fferyllt would probably try to pocket me too? The fact that she's mostly townreading me because I don't feel very pressured is not great though, for multiple reasons:
- I think I'm one of the least trusted players in the big hood, so I'm kinda expecting to get eliminated at some point?
- I actually WANT people to look at the big hood first, and I want mafia to kill in the big hood. So I don't really care if I'm being looked at here, see previous point.
- I haven't played mafia in forever, so I'm not sure a meta read on me is going to be very accurate
- There's no power roles to get nervous about having to out.

Soooo idk about fferyllt. Buuuut I'm not going to vote her today.

The fact that both ScaredBear and fferyllt seem to want to flip Pooky worries me though. I don't see the small hood scum bussing his partner on day 1?
However, fferyllt has been very reluctant about hammering. So maybe that's just fferyllt stalling?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #781 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Radja »

In post 778, fferyllt wrote::/

Eliminating in the small hood is the correct play.
no it's not.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #785 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Radja »

In post 783, Cephrir wrote:
In post 774, fferyllt wrote:
In post 764, Radja wrote:Alright, just a quick thought dump here:

fferyllt is obviously a very competent mafia player. I've played with her before and I'm pretty sure she's fooled me before.
I don't see Lucian or ScaredBear being scum yet.
If not for the Somnus interactions, I don't know how I'd read this slot.
Either way, I have 0 interest in eliminating from the small hood, so I guess I don't need to worry about being wrong?
fferyllt townreading me: I think I'd expect that from town fferyllt, but scum fferyllt would probably try to pocket me too? The fact that she's mostly townreading me because I don't feel very pressured is not great though, for multiple reasons:
- I think I'm one of the least trusted players in the big hood, so I'm kinda expecting to get eliminated at some point?
- I actually WANT people to look at the big hood first, and I want mafia to kill in the big hood. So I don't really care if I'm being looked at here, see previous point.
- I haven't played mafia in forever, so I'm not sure a meta read on me is going to be very accurate
- There's no power roles to get nervous about having to out.

Soooo idk about fferyllt. Buuuut I'm not going to vote her today.

The fact that both ScaredBear and fferyllt seem to want to flip Pooky worries me though. I don't see the small hood scum bussing his partner on day 1?
However, fferyllt has been very reluctant about hammering. So maybe that's just fferyllt stalling?
I'm not sure you could extinguish the meta channel I read in your play.

The last miselim of you where I voted you, a scum player had fake-guiltied you.

Anyway, more to the point, if you ARE the least trusted member of the big hood, that's a reflection on the big hood imo.

Ceph, you probs don't remember much of it but I'll point back to the DeDeDe mini. Rajma's alt was kept around for elo mislim. Which I'd like to think wouldn't have happened if Morph had improbably still been alive at that point.
i recall i had occasion to look at that game a year or two ago and was amazed by how little memory i had of it
I have no recollection of this game at all.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #850 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by Radja »

Woooooooo!

I'm so happy my reads were on point this game.
Getting a win on day 1 is so great.

I guess getting universally townread isn't really part of my game. And that's fine?
Thanks for stepping up fferyllt, that was a great effort.
Glad I "caught" you trying to stall!

Overall super happy about the game, the playerlist and modding.
Thanks all for a great game, I'll definitely hang around for more games!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”