Micro 1065 Coalition Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

Okay, ladies, now let's get in formation!

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 19, unwnd wrote:Anyways you are all fucking idiots if you don't vote with me and I will shit
In post 23, unwnd wrote:I'm looking at your post right now and I've decided that based on the current state of the game you are null

Have a nice day
In post 38, Ydrasse wrote:I dont want to talk to unwnd i just want to harass him it's one sided
In post 39, unwnd wrote:Ydrasse the Cyberbully
In post 40, unwnd wrote:You're welcome for the fursona idea
Unwnd
kinda sounds like town.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: • A majority coalition is agreed upon when at least five players have the same group of five people proposed as a coalition. At this point, the coalition is locked in and cannot be changed.
So all we need is a block of 5 people we are absolutely sure are town and we win.

Though we need to watch our votes in this phase too, because if we just throw them around there is a slim chance of forming a coalition by accident. :dead:

@mod:
are heal votes counted separately or cumulatively?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 67, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 66, Greeting wrote:@mod: are heal votes counted separately or cumulatively?
Each coalition gets its own heal counter - if a coalition of five players gets 5 heals, that is locked in as the selection for this phase.
Okay, thanks.

HEAL: Greeting, unwnd, Una, Ydrasse, Lucian
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 86, Una wrote:The second sentence of probably is a townie. Mafia like to be right. He would still want to talk about it as mafia but to argue

It is a small thing
I've said this type of stuff as scum in games before, looking approachable and ready to cooperate is often what gets you easy towncred.

HURT: Lucian
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:08 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 99, Lucian wrote:I'm not planning on locking Dannflor in as town forerver for that single post. However, I do think it shows an amount of seriousness and willingness to solve, which I'm okay giving an early townread for.
Which post(s) from
Dannflor
's ISO make him town in your opinion?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 124, Lucian wrote:
In post 120, Greeting wrote:
In post 86, Una wrote:The second sentence of probably is a townie. Mafia like to be right. He would still want to talk about it as mafia but to argue

It is a small thing
I've said this type of stuff as scum in games before, looking approachable and ready to cooperate is often what gets you easy towncred.

HURT: Lucian
Do you think being approachable is actually
scummy
? Why did you put me into the coalition for in the first place?
At first glance the ISO seemed towny enough to just throw you in, but then, when
Una
spoke of that post, I read back and reevaluated. That post sounds really LAMIST-y.
In post 124, Lucian wrote:
In post 122, Greeting wrote:
In post 99, Lucian wrote:I'm not planning on locking Dannflor in as town forerver for that single post. However, I do think it shows an amount of seriousness and willingness to solve, which I'm okay giving an early townread for.
Which post(s) from
Dannflor
's ISO make him town in your opinion?
I explained that earlier - it was at the time.
What's so towny about that post?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 126, Una wrote:If you are hurting Lucian because post 56 is scummy rather than townie, why did you not say so before I made my post saying it is townie? And now you are hurting him.
It seems like disruption for disruption's sake rather than conviction
See above.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:03 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 138, Dannflor wrote:menalque it feels like your words on unwnd don't match your coalition vote

is your uncertainty on him REAL
I wanted to put in a vote for
Menalque
after seeing his reads, but that is a good point.

HEAL: Dannflor
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:11 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 206, Dannflor wrote:does making that point make me town?
Why would you be making it if you're scum?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:12 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 169, Una wrote:
In post 134, Menalque wrote:but I was being serious about not wanting either of dann or ydra in unless they obvtown
There are 15,120 possible coalitions but only 2,520 can win the game, this is a 17% chance to immediately win.

You are excluding 2 players from possible coalitions. That means you are only considering 2,520 coalitions, 17% of the ones that are allowed. (2,520 has appeared again because the number of Ydrasse and Dannflor is the same number of people as the Mafia). The probability of winning is the same but 5/6ths of the winning coalitions, on average, aren't in play so it will be much harder to subjectively sniff and smell a winning coalition.
Why is this relevant?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 209, Dannflor wrote:...to look town?
Just because mafia can do certain things to get townread doesn't mean it's likely for them to do it. Scum are more likely to pick their battles specifically to increase their chances of winning.

I find it unlikely that a scum would decide to focus their energy on finding discrepancy between tone and actions in a slot that contributed longer thoughts to a game when it's much easier to attack slots that contributed less.
Menalque
, judged by tone, looks like an obv!town slot on first glance, but you've actually shown that you read deeper into his posts. So I think that makes you likely town and a good candidate for the coalition.

I agree with the scepticism about the
Lucian
slot too.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by Greeting »

Prod dodge, I do have townreads and will elaborate soon.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 215, Lucian wrote:Still thinking Greeting is scum. does not make any sense as a reason to townread Dannflor when you consider the nature of this setup - scum need to be closer to the top right now, not just have someone else be at the bottom - and the fact that Menalque dropped in advocating for Dannflor to not be in the coalition. Which, if Menalque is town and Dannflor is scum, is a problem if people start listening to him.

I don't think this makes Dannflor scum, I am currently skeptical of Menalque myself. But it does make me think Greeting is scum more. And things posts like and make it look like he's trying to really make sure that we know he is really thinking about this game and changing his reads.
I have explained this already in , and I still uphold that. If you disagree with it then there's nothing more I can do for you.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Greeting »

@
Dannflor
's

People on this site dislike my playing style or find it unnatural all the time, regardless whether I actually am town or mafia. Not sure why that keeps happening, but at this point I just got used to it.

I will need to refresh the actual
Lucian
scumread, because a lot of posts appeared in these past few days and I haven't caught up with them yet.

PEdit @
Dannflor
: You're not quoting posts or indicating to whom you're referring with your posts. I don't know if you're trying to interact with me or speak to someone else? I would appreciate it of you used @Greeting or any form of indication, because otherwise it's puzzling.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 220, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 216, Lucian wrote:I
think
, if I had to pick a coalition right now, it would be me, Una, Menalque, Dannflor, and Junko.

HEAL: Dannflor, Junko, Lucian, Menalque, Una

I originally wasn't planning to even placeholder-heal this yet, but I dislike not having my vote in play properly. So I'll heal it with an asterisk that it's very much a subject to change.

Ironically enough, I've gotten to a kind-of-townread on Junko for the same reasons I didn't like her at first.

Menalque I don't townread strongly, but I did see some townie pings in his posting, and I think he's a better pick than someone like Vanders currently. I want to speak to both him and Dannflor before I commit to their votes, though.

I'm starting to feel like Ydrasse's play this game is more engineered to get people to like her, rather than to actually solve.
This is a great post, I don't think scum would give this read on junko
Why do you think it's a town thing to townread
JunkoChan
?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 233, unwnd wrote:Effort is very easy to fake however. I know this from experience. I've made my millions by faking effort. It is a strategy to try and overwhelm someone and make it sound convincing.

Lucian's approach isn't exactly
overwhelming
, but the basis of my scumread is closely related to the act of convincing someone. Lucian's posts (as a whole) is that he looks like he's trying to convince
himself.
To convince oneself his mentality is green even when the shade of his role PM contradicts.

This very notion is exacerbated by his odd willingness to back down on things when given even the slightest amount of pushback. We had a conversation about Junko and both agreed that was she did was weird. OK. Why are we here now where he suddenly agrees with Junko being town. It's not that townies can't be influenced by those around them, but that read in particular felt quite strong even if early. The processing in which his thoughts formulate are sort of always keeping close to what everyone is doing instead of what he should be doing. This type of willingness to engage would be alright if he were offering some sort of perspective in the mix. He really hasn't and he continues to make observation without trying to reach conclusion.
Is this, like, alignment indicative at all? This can easily be explained by herd mentality, which benefits both scum and a townie who doesn't want to stand out and get eliminated.

As a matter of fact, I think that going against herd mentality is a stronger sign of towniness. Mafia are less likely to do it, especially less experienced mafa, simply because it draws attention.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by Greeting »

Congrats to town!