Micro 359: Lurker Mafia Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

First.
Nothing to analyze yet. You guys really need to shape up.
Lynch all lurkers. VOTE: Dot Matrix
Still first.
Programmed to go off before you do!
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:26 pm

Post by Dot Matrix »

Okay people are you serious? Did you think you couldn't post in this segment until we did? We feel honored, really!
Well darn. Let the quote striping begin. DUN DUN DUN.

In post 8, MafiaSSK wrote:I really do think we should actually be encouraging bandwagoning here. I think we'll get more content that way.
So, yeah.
VOTE: Dot Matrix

Okay so you thought bandwagoning was good, and we agree! Why'd you pick us over voidedmafia?

~~~~~

Bert's post was fluffy which Tammy doesn't find a problem with, Bert fluffs as much as she does >_>, but Sleepy didn't like it. Though Sleepy was just Bert's partner in Mafia with a Quickness, so maybe some hyper awareness of Bert could come from that (though probably it was just that Bert could have talked about wagoning but instead said he'd vote us and then randomly picked Equinox instead).

~~~~~

We have no comments about Equinox's post as tonally she felt fine?

~~~~~~

Sleepy hated chevre's post, and Tammy agree it sounds awkward a bit. Don't get the reasoning for Bert suspicion and someone else pointed out that the number of posts thing was a bit exaggerative. Also the pointing out that if someone doesn't post in a segment it would be suspicious, i mean duh, maybe it's a joke I don't know chevre's humor. I'm not sure what us being a hydra has to do with pressure though? Oh and not wanting mastin to break the forum isn't bad.

In post 20, Chevre wrote:I guess I didn't fully realize that Dot Matrix was SleepyKrew and Tammy before.

Find this hard to believe seeing as it's in the OP and was in Bert's poem.
In post 20, Chevre wrote:I have to say it's null anti-town, as no faction save Jester has anything to gain from self-voting. :/

:facepalm:
Sorry we're rushing to meet deadline because if we don't do it now, we'll probably miss it tomorrow. If you don't get why this quote is bad, hopefully someone else will explain it and if not we'll tackle it next segment.
In post 20, Chevre wrote:but technically it's your first post and thus still this game's "RVS"

:facepalm:
In post 20, Chevre wrote:And I think not posting within the 48-hour segment IS something worth noting. This game may be called "Lurker Mafia", but it's more so just a very slowly paced game. Everyone is what meta would consider "lurking", and not using your opportunity to post is a great detriment to town. I think it is ultimately fishy,

Yes real life happening, regardless of game mechanics, is very fishy :roll:

~~~~~

Voided - When you said you haven't played with Tammy did you mean Sleepy? Tammy actually did agree to that self-vote. It was sleepy's idea and Tammy's idea was to say that we were posting first because we wanted to avoid giving content in the first segment. We came up with a happy medium between the two. Tammy also, shocker of shockers, told Sleepy that she'd laugh her ass off if we got lynched in the first segment because we couldn't remove our vote from ourselves. Seriously.

Tammy thinks Voided looks fine? Sleepy didn't like his post, but this is Voided's typical posting style so meh, and it was the first segment so we don't know what some people were expecting. Anyway, Tammy's admittedly not super great at reading Voided nor is she great at reading Mastin, so. Pretty interesting that you're posting without mastin atm, and the plan to alternate posts is just weird. Why wouldn't you discuss things together and post together?

~~~~~

We didn't like Nobody Special's post. We didn't like the oh I waited until last so I could provide CONTENT! It just felt off, and especially off from how Nobody Special often times approaches games. Tammy thinks he has really good gut instincts even though he often lurks harder than lurkerslurk. Though Tammy did like his return volley joke at us about the post being fluff and needing to rectify things (Sleepy doesn't get what Tammy is talking about and DEADLINE IS LOOMING SO). We wish he would have voted.

~~~~~

Early townlean on desperado which probably means he's scum >_>

~~~~~

Okay this might be harder than we thought it was going to be.
UNVOTE:
No point leaving that vote there and also no point making a new vote without properly discussing it.

Haikus can be fun.
Apparently, "Equi's was
Not fun!" - audience
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

Okay so this post is really rushed together because we couldn't really coordinate a time and also we're bad at sleeping. This will be mostly SleepyKrew (though Tammy got some input in before she had to go). Be warned.

In post 23, Desperado wrote:i don't understand why equinox and sleepy are getting their panties in a bunch over the timing of each player's posting in this segment. you all hadn't posted until 12ish hours before the deadline either so...??

Haha, but it was Tammy's panties who were getting in a bunch! Pretty clearly jokingly too?
In post 23, Desperado wrote:@ sleepy: why aren't you voting chevre with me again? you say you don't want to make a new vote without discussing it but you said that you hated his post and tammy agreed that it was awkward so it sounds like you already did? and this also isn't the only thing you say tammy has given comments on so i guess i just don't understand why you guys didn't discuss a new vote target.

Tammy left a saved draft and then I edited my stuff into the draft. We had a little actual discussion, but she had to go to sleep during it so I finished up that post myself and didn't want to vote without her.

In post 24, Not_Mafia wrote:Currently nursing a hangover

VOTE: Chevre

I'm in the hating Chevre's first post club, it just read as "Oh I'm analyzing and getting us out of RVS" and that and the generic comments about activity make the post come off as looking town but not being town.

I also don't like how his second post is purely defensive

In post 32, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 28, Bert wrote:townpoints for you not automatically assuming I'm innocent because I'm playing differently! Granted, I haven't changed my playstyle here or anything!

Why would that get them townpoints? I'm pretty sure they'd both have to lose about 40 IQ points before using an argument that simplistic

These posts are absolutely not okay.

In post 26, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 24, Not_Mafia wrote:Currently nursing a hangover

VOTE: Chevre

I'm in the hating Chevre's first post club, it just read as "Oh I'm analyzing and getting us out of RVS" and that and the generic comments about activity make the post come off as looking town but not being town.

I also don't like how his second post is purely defensive

This seems like reaching.

This is somehow even less okay.

In post 28, Bert wrote:townpoints for you not automatically assuming I'm innocent because I'm playing differently! Granted, I haven't changed my playstyle here or anything!

Please rephrase and explain.

In post 29, Equinox wrote:feels like he did in Mini 1410 where he was defensive and his replacement got lynched for it, so :shrug: so far.

Do you think meta from one game a year ago is relevant?
(also a link would've been nice
but I'm also not providing a link)
In post 29, Equinox wrote:I don't like wagoning Bert anymore.

gasp Why?!?!

In post 30, Second Void wrote:Why not pick you over us? I don't really understand the point of this question given the context of the vote in question.

Because he had two choices at the time and we want to know why he picked the one he did.
In post 30, Second Void wrote:I...feel like I get it in my gut, but I don't think I can explain why it's so. I do trust Tammy to be able to explain this, so I can wait for the next segment.

It probably has to do with the mention of the Jester, though, does it not?

It was me (SleepyKrew) that called it bad, but sure I'll gladly let Tammy explain it to you later ^_^
In post 30, Second Void wrote:I've modded for Tammy (though not by herself, just as the Imperium hydra in BB:HoH Mafia), but never played with her. I believe the inverse is true for Skrew (played with, but never modded for). I honestly don't remember if Tammy and I have played together or not, or did we play in Marketplace III?

Tammy says you've played together in: Kingdom Hearts, Black Flag Nightless (she was in Cerulean), Marketplace II (you shared a neighborhood), and Marketplace III (she was in Pyrotechnics).
In post 30, Second Void wrote:This makes me feel better about DM.

Why?
Where did mastin go? Was he ever even here?

In post 31, Chevre wrote:a hydra, who is, especially in a game like this, going to deliberate and carefully manufacture their posts anyway.

hahahahahahahahaaaaaa
right
In post 31, Chevre wrote:not fully reading Bert's poem once I realized it was inane and just forgetting who was in it.

What made you think it was inane?
In post 31, Chevre wrote:You're going to have to tell me how I'm wrong about your self-vote.

Reactions! Beautiful glorious reactions! Content! Boogieing on out of RVS! A self-vote in the first post helped accomplish all of these things. You want to stay in RVS when we have seven posts each max? No didn't think so.
In post 31, Chevre wrote:(omg I'm considering that some people could be inactive/not playing rather than obvscum!1!!11! SHOCKER!!!!)

He didn't declare V/LA though. Why are you considering this?
Also Bert missed and didn't declare V/LA and posted afterward. And so did SSK. What about that?

I probably missed some stuff, including some new facepalms for Chevre, but that's what happens when you live life on the edge. Tammy gave me her blessing to vote wherever I want so
VOTE: MafiaSSK

PEDIT: ARE YOU KIDDING
wow great post good effort lots of stuff
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:31 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

We're not voting SSK because he's lurking and for him to say that is super disingenuous. We're voting him because he's not doing anything. As in when he does post, it's not anything really relevant to the game state.

Tammy is still super amused that Desperado can't read her >_>

Tammy's not sure why Bert made the statement in that she was reading desperado as scum when she said that he seems town. The that means he's probably scum was a joke based on her low accuracy rate of actually reading him. He does look like town though.

Equinox still looks town.

Voided is meh but he always looks scummy and he's super hard to read because he quote stripes too much and it makes it difficult to read him; he's been a major suspect in almost every game Tammy has played with him and he always turns out town. But some of his questions are weird? Like the kinda why me question when I asked why SSK chose us over Voided, which he never answered by the way because he's not actually engaging with the game
and he's lurking!
also there was some weird tonal stuff in his responses to SleepyKrew that just felt off? It's also difficult to parse what he's referring to because even though he quote stripes and quotes what he's referring to, there is no actual link to what post he's referring to so sometimes I have no clue. (This is all Tammy's mini rant by the way, she's extremely tired and had a long week and is having a hard time following some of this.)

Tammy has no idea what Chevre means by tell me where I'm wrong about the first post? And I'm not sure what Voided is wanting me to explain? I know he erroneously thought I made a comment that wasn't from me, but I think that anyone who thinks we were actually intending to lynch ourselves by voting ourselves in the first post is pretty silly? I mean it was an obvious joke: lynch all lurkers - vote ourselves. Sleepy also wanted to see what reactions we would get from it. In normal games voting yourself in RVS is whatever, it doesn't gain reactions, but in this format we thought it could be interesting.

Bert still feels like Bert, he could do something more though.

OH Nobody Special just feels tonally weird. If he hasn't been joking in his posts, then he's probably definitely scum. I thought parts of his first post were a joke, and I originally thought that his last post was a joke, but I'm kinda thinking he might actually be serious now. If it's serious, then it's probably scum trying to sound like a good upstanding townie scumhunter. He still feels tonally wrong.

Chevre is a bit mehish, but if I have time over the weekend, I'll look at the game Equinox mentioned to see if that's just how Chevre is.

OH VOIDED - If you don't remember playing with me and you don't know how to read me and the only thing you do remember of me is that you modded me in BB:HOH where I hydrad with Nacho, why do you think you remember me well enough that I'd not be okay with voting myself in RVS. It seems strange to me that you seem to have recognized/remember some behaviors or aspects of me but then think we've never played together. I mean in BB:HOH, Nacho did a whole hell of a lot of the posting there as I was busy, so it can't even be that I did most of the posting. (I was also in your Nightless game but I replaced out. I was in the Titan hydra there.)

This post is all Tammy (except for this part right here!). Sleepy and Tammy are bad at being on at the same time to discuss things. Hopefully we will post early in the next segment to talk about things such as the NS wagon. Also stuff Sleepy has but doesn't have time for this segment (and not because he forgot or anything!)
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

I liked voided's next to last post.

Answers to voided:

What did you mean ssk's answer was sufficient? He didn't answer the question before we could possibly ask it. He literally did not say, I chose to bandwagon dot matrix over voided and I'm disagreeing or agreeing with not_mafia's town read on dot matrix because of x. Which would have made the question silly. BUT HE DIDNT. He just said let's bandwagon. I'm wondering why he chose who he chose. It's literally one of the most basics of mafia questions and rusty or not you've been playing mafia long enough to *get* why that's a question asked, that you don't get that is mind boggling and further makes. It feel like you're pulling a why me approach. Also, how did you know he wouldn't answer the question? But whatever, I get the feeling that we're talking past each other and I seem to remember that happening with you and someone else in the last game or so, and I don't think continuing on this will be productive at all.

SleepyKrew responded to the question you erroneously attributed to me. You said you'd wait for me to answer, he told you that it wasn't me who made the response, then didn't answer your question and said he'd let me explain it. :/

And no, not in every post do you keep the post numbers of things you're replying to. Furthermore you break up the sentences of the posts into quote stripes to respond to, which makes it even more difficult to figure out what you're responding to and saying. I just have a really hard time with quote stripers (not everyone does, in fact some people like quote stripers); it's difficult for me to get a read on people who do that.

And I'm not putting post numbers in this post because I'm already developing a headache and am trying to be very quick as I'm getting ready to head out and I need to post in other games before I do that. (No, no one here is giving me a headache if that's how that sounds; I've been suffering from terrible headaches lately and I think I need new glasses since it's always starting when I'm looking at the computer, that or I'm getting sick. Hopefully it's glasses.)

Was that seriously not_mafia's this segment post?

I'm pretty much fine with lynching any of not_mafia, mafiassk or nobody special.

I'm not changing my vote though because sleepy and I have not had a chance to talk. I went to bed early last night because headache, and he left me a message that he wouldn't be able to get in a post this segment because he makes poor life choices. So. I'm still not sure what he wanted to talk about with regards to Nobody Special as he didn't leave me any notes or something saved here.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by Dot Matrix »

Hi.
This is going to (hopefully) be the laziest post from this slot all game (which is still better than half of you lot!) because we've decided to engage in lazymode. Tammy is busy and SleepyKrew is just a bad person. We are now fine with an NS lynch and would like a claim blah blah etc
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

In post 61, Dot Matrix wrote:This is going to (hopefully) be the laziest post from this slot all game

:lol:

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Claim por favor
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

This is basically a prod dodge and a happy happy joy joy we're confirmed town and you're not neener neener neener! Okay, Bert probably is too?

Thank you Bert! Also, I don't think that you're bad at reading me? But catch me or clear me sounds good.

I agree the equinox kill was weird? I thought either Desperado or us would-99999999999999993wwwwww\\\ <---------- Waffles helped. awe. Anyway I thought desperado or us would get targetted for a night kill.

The one reason we're not going after Chevre right now is because equinox had a decent town read on him. I haven't read the game equinox referred to to see the similarities, but it's enough to give me pause. I'm also toying with the idea that Chevre!scum doesn't kill the one person townreading him and defending him on night one after losing his partner. Sleepy agrees but also said it could be a case of look that dead townie was town reading me. I don't think I've seen him use that excuse though so.

Desperado, why didn't that idea come into play for you at all? In Quickness, after I was killed night one you used that as part of the reasoning you were defending Jason on day two.

UM Voided - We're in a micro and lynched scum yesterday. Unless you think saulres added an extra member to the mafia team to be zany, there's only one scum left. There was a nightkill and we were in jail, hence it cannot be us.

Also Sleepy would like to demand delicious Yoshi head on a platter, but you know me, so.

Anyway this was just real quick and all me (Tammy). I don't typically have time for mafia on Sundays, so this is all you get. I'll hopefully have something better next segment.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Dot Matrix »

UNVOTE:
Not lynching yet. We're going to use our remaining time to scumhunt. This post is stalling for time so we can get to work next segment.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

Okay Sleepy will be v/la until the 12th, so most of the remaining posts until our demise will be me with whatever comments or questions Sleepy leaves me when he has computer access.

~~~~~

Voided I did answer that question. In I said:

Tammy wrote:And I'm not sure what Voided is wanting me to explain? I know he erroneously thought I made a comment that wasn't from me, but I think that anyone who thinks we were actually intending to lynch ourselves by voting ourselves in the first post is pretty silly? I mean it was an obvious joke: lynch all lurkers - vote ourselves. Sleepy also wanted to see what reactions we would get from it. In normal games voting yourself in RVS is whatever, it doesn't gain reactions, but in this format we thought it could be interesting.

That's the extent of the answer you're going to get from me because I quite frankly don't see the point of going on about that post and quote. Our answer certainly can't be to scumhunt us, so either you need it to scumhunt chevre? Or for some other reason? IDK.

~~~~~

MafiaSSK - Sleepy would like to know when you first started scum reading Not_Mafia.

~~~~~

I think that anyone just writing desperado off for town shouldn't, especially for his treatment towards Nobody Special. Equinox is the one who started the wagon on Nobody Special, Desperado was voting for Chevre at the time and had asked us why we didn't vote Chevre with him as we didn't like Chevre's first post. But we had also stated that we didn't like Nobody Special's post, and Desperado did make a comment about his bad first post. Desperado changed to Nobody Special after Equinox had started the wagon, but in the same post in his line of lynchability, he still has Chevre as lower than Nobody Special. Now I think that Desperado would try to get away with not bussing if he could help it, but Nobody Special did look scummy and Equinox started the wagon on him; I could totally see a scum!Desperado jumping ship and bussing in that instance.

One thing that we're interested in is how Desperado got a town read of us from Sleepy. Sleepy is really interested in the answer to this question, btw.

It kinda feels like he went the easy route for giving a read on us. One of the reasons I gave a town read to Desperado in Quickness was because he said he needed Nacho to show up because he couldn't read me (I'm very hard to read!) but could read Nacho, ha, so it feels like a recreation of that here.

~~~~~

I think that's about it for this segment? I want to reread some things and now that summer school is over, I'll be able to do that and may have something better for the next segment, but these are some things that we wanted to get out there.

I'm also going on vacation starting Friday but I will definitely have access to a computer.
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Dot Matrix »

I'm in an airport and phone posting so there won't be much from us this segment. I'll do more next segment hopefully.

Desperado - sleepy would like to know why you think you can read him so easily. (I think that was his question I don't have access to skype and plane is getting ready to board.

Here is the quote from quickness where you questioned the continued scum read on Jason based on my night kill. Why didn't a similar thought process occur for chèvre?

In post 1653, Desperado wrote:why would jason scum kill his only ally? far as i can tell tammy didn't (doesn't?) crumb and nacho is MIA
Dot Matrix
Dot Matrix
Townie
Dot Matrix
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Dot Matrix »

In post 101, Desperado wrote:we just finished two sleepyscum games simultaneously--i don't think i can read him easily, i think given our recent experience that he is town this time.

and considering that i didn't even remember saying that and ended up thinking jason was scum until i died anyway i don't know what to tell you. furthermore, the closest equinox got to being chevre's "ally" were these two posts:

In post 29, Equinox wrote:Chevre, tonally, feels like he did in Mini 1410 where he was defensive and his replacement got lynched for it, so :shrug: so far.

In post 40, Equinox wrote:Lazy. Sorry. It's probably still relevant considering it's a personality tell, and those, anecdotally anyway, tend to be fairly stable. If I were doing due diligence, I'd have checked his scum game, too, but compulsive metagaming is what made Mafia un-fun for a long time and I'm too busy lurking to care right now. Basically, if I hadn't seen Chevre like that before as town, I'd have been all over him; knowing what I do now, I'm in wait-and-see mode.

which are not ringing endorsements and i don't think scum-chevre would think he could count on equinox to be in his corner so i'm back to not understanding where you're going with this or why you thought the above constituted a "pretty decent" townread

Whether or not you ended up scum reading Jason after that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that when they tried to push a case on Jason after I was night killed, your thought process was "why would Jason kill his only ally" and here when equinox was killed you didn't have that same thought process. Whether or not it was a ringing endorsement, Equinox is the reason why chèvre didn't end up receiving more votes.

Basically it worries me why you wouldn't take that into consideration, and considering that we're most likely going to eat a nightkill tonight, I want to make sure that they don't just give you a free pass the rest of the game if you're scum.

~~~~~

I don't have anything else to say. Sleepy didn't send me any messages since the last one and I'm hungover. So, next segment. I'm not terribly against a not_mafia lynch but I'm not sure I feel great about it either. I'll try to have better thoughts next time around.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”