Micro 656: Dem Tryouts 4 - GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #433 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Pine »

Hello all, I prepared this overnight. Obviously, parts of it regarding Infinity are no longer relevant.

Okay, hello all. Replacing Flames. My typical replacement MO is to read the last couple of pages and nothing else (until I have reason to, i.e. ISOing scumspects or fact-checking.) However, this is my only game after a long absence, I have two weekend days free, and it's a short game with no results yet. Here's my stream-of consciousness readthrough...

Initial thoughts, prior to any reading -
Don't recognize anyone except GreyIce and Flames, Aeronaut seems vaguely familiar? It's been a while, sorry if I don't recognize people I ought.

No lynch on D1 seems suspicious as fuck, but I suppose there's some theoretical merit with all Townies BP. Maybe you idiots are hoping for scum crossfire? That's stupid. Lynching is Town's
only
weapon, forfeiting it is always stupid, barring special mechanics. These mechanics aren't special enough. Our BP is only one shot, with two bullets flying every night. I'll be analyzing the no lynch wagon carefully.

It occurs to me, from a theory perspective, that scum may be less motivated to scumhunt than usual multiball micro. Losing their opponent's shot makes it almost impossible to successfully nightkill. This observation interacts with the no lynch in ways I haven't fully figured.

Also, I am irritated by a quirk of how this site works. When I wallpost, I like to be able to snag quotes, and a locked thread denies me that ability. Composing this post in Notepad with manual BBcode is frustrating.
==================================================
RVS Stage

Posts 13 & 15 - I am not a fan of brash overconfident RVS reads, even if they're not serious. It suggests trying to hard, and someone who isn't actually invested in scumhunting. Scumpoint to Vedith.

Post 17 - This RL talk smells funny. Half a scumpoint to infinity

Post 18 - Townclaiming this early? Unprovoked? Scumpoint to Jester

Posts 28-33 - The Yume incident...what in the actual fuck is this. I have no way of reading this...on one hand, Yume was apparently dicking around with games and got banned for it, so the townclaim may have been trolling. Or it may have been genuine, and an attempt to fuck with the game. I am very tempted to say that a legit townclaim would have resulted in a reset of the game this early on and conclude scum, but...there's some extenuating circumstances there. With solid reasons to think lots of things, I'm discarding the whole incident for now.

Posts 36 & 49 - In non-multiball, this would be a townpoint. As it stands, it's merely a hard not-partners-with-Jester read.

Posts 50-65 - Back-and-forth between Jester and Infinity reinforces the above, and adds up to another scumpoint for Jester.

Posts 68-78 - Scummy interactions between Jester and Vedith. Not sure how to read Vedith's bizarre claims about Aero, they look like they're based on an entirely different game? Infinity qualifies for an actual Townpoint at this stage. I'm having a hard time seeing scum hunting their opposites this hard this early in this setup.

Post 119, 121, 122 - Agreed on most counts. Shitposting thread is right. Aero is missing that scumhunting =! townposting in multiball. I'd be inclined to give townpoints, but multiball.

Posts 127-148 - GreyIce activity. This looks like scumGI to me for a couple of reasons. First, he's pointing fingers and a vote at Jester and Vedith without providing his own reasoning...then he's advocating lynching lurkers? Then he's setting up a bogus trap for a newbie that doesn't really work? No. Two scumpoints for GreyIce, but a hard not-partners-with-ThinkBig read.

Through post 170 - Nothing interesting here. RB is hard to read. Knowing he got replaced due to unreasonable V/LA or whatever makes me not want to bother with his noncontribution

Posts 171-191 - Another half townpoint to Infinity here. In nonmultiball, he'd be a pretty hard Townread by now. GreyIce is right, Vedith is absolutely teamhunting, not scumhunting. He gets two scumpoints. After he flips, these first few pages are going to be valuable for finding his partner. Not bothering now, it's counterproductive without any flips.

Post 192 - This one is open to interpretation. I can't grok whether he is trying to turn scum against one another using theory that I'm not sure holds water, or
whether he's trying to covertly get a partner back on track
forgot about daytalk. This might be townposting after all? Wiping one of GI's scumpoints.

Post 219 (and preceding) - Yes. believe that's a genuine scumslip. At this point, I am genuinely beyond baffled how this ended in a no lynch

Posts 238 & 240 - These posts are calling for opposite things, but they're both Townish. Half a townpoint to rb, and I'm going to wipe the rest of my early scumread from GI. Pushing hard for a scumlynch looks Town to me, though it's plausible he's trying to kill competition. Damn, micro multiball does not agree with me. Much easier with larger multiball.

Post 251 -
@Infinity
GreyIce pretty much always abrasively townclaims. It's not a tell either way for him

Post 254-255 - This looks like a newbie genuinely scumhunting. In nonmultiball this would be a townclaim.
@ThinkBig
From a meta perspective, keep up the good work. I remember being new to this site, and this reminds me of that.

Posts 270-272 - Never mind about that half townpoint, RB. Your shiny new scumpoint wipes it out. I really do not like the way he is characterizing Jester and GI. Seems contrived

Page 12-Post 306 - Nothing interesting until GreyIce quitting. Ragequitting like this is a GITown move. I don't see it from him even in multiball. Gamma inherits two townpoints.

Post 307-315 - My predecessor's rundown. It's kind of like having a hydra partner, as I can actually be certain of his alignment. Unfortunately, my 'partner' is wholly unhelpful, as his reads are either the same as mine, or don't provide solid reasoning. w/e

Posts 320-323 - GuiltyLion's catchup...I'd load on scumpoints for suggesting no lynch, but I could see this as misguided Town misreading the setup and proposing stupid theory. Much more interested in looking at people who jump at the opportunity. Townread on Jester? Wtf is this? I see no scum reason for doing this? Summary - confusing read. I think it's a net 1 scumpoint? There's too many obscure dumb reasons for why he might be doing this

Post 324 - Outright scumclaim. The first time he suggested he wasn't surviving the night, I could
maybe
buy that he's newbie Town forgetting that he's BP, but doing it a second time is tantamount to acknowledging that he's not BP. Kind of wondering why he doesn't get a modkill for this crap. Looks like he's trying to soak a lynch and get his opponents to shoot a BP to remove a townie shield.

Posts 325-352ish - Conversation between Vedith and Gamma. Vedith tunneling on shitty reads to eliminate a threat looks bad, Gamma reacts well. Nets to another scumpoint for Vedith, maybe half a townpoint for Gamma

Posts 359-367 - Argument between GL and Gamma. Okay, I see GL's 'logic' now. I sharply disagree with it, but this doesn't look
quite
as bad now, but it's still a move that helps scum more than town. 367 looks especially towny to me. I'll refund half of the scumpoint given to GL for the NL argument, but the other half stays.

Post 371 - Hmm. I was not expecting Infinity to be the first to take advantage of the NL option. Infinity is down to null. I'm not seeing anything towny from him except a metric assload of scumhunting, which isn't indicative of anything in this setup. Much more interesting will be the third and fourth votes, though

Posts 380-388 - Goddammit. I want someone to be held responsible for this NL. Aeronaut's low and reasoned approach to voting NL seems reasonable, if misguided, but fuck him. He's a lurker who voted no lynch. He gets one scumpoint instead of the several he probably deserves.

Post 399 - This looks like a scumslip. Does not know Townies are BP? After all this? I can see not paying attention to setup, I can see missing the discussion, but missing your role PM? Nah. Scumpoint. Finally have a good starting point for ThinkBig

Post 402 - This sits badly with me. Bullying and threatening are not town tactics in my book. Have another scumpoint.

Post 408 - There it is. As much as bullying is scummy, acquiescing to threats instead of sticking to your guns is worse. Added on top of a NL vote like that? Yeah, I'm getting a scum vibe from ThinkBig now.

Page 415 - Having a hard time squaring a strong townread with this quickhammer of the NL. Gamma squandered my good will here. I genuinely do not know how to handle this action without Gamma's reasoning. Gamma's townpoints frozen until I hear a goddamn explanation. The fact that two of my scumreads are going hard for him as low-hanging fruit mitigates this a little...need to hear from him first.

Page 17 in general - I really
really
don't like the bullying and tunneling going on here. I also don't like the bloodthirstiness of jumping on the quickhammer and lining up the next lynch

And that's about it.

Vedith -4
Infinity 0
Jester -A lot
GreyIce/Gamma 2.5
rb/GuiltyLion -1
Aeronaut -2
ThinkBig -1

Infinity/Jester = not a team
GreyIce/ThinkBig = not a team
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #434 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Pine »

Right now, I want Gamma's explanation for that insanely bad NL hammer. No excuses, I want your explanation in your next post. You've potentially squandered a lot of my good will

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #441 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Pine »

You're not on point on why Jester is likely scum. It's more that he is aggressively counterproductive, and has been throwing stuff out there to see what sticks. That doesn't strike me as townish in the slightest. Laying low when the heat starts to come off D1 doesn't help

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #449 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 442, Gamma Emerald wrote:I wasn't the NL hammer: TB was.
That was actually my math during the readthrough, but when everyone treated you as the hammer, I assumed they were correct.

Why vote at all? It still looks like sheeping in the hopes that the cool kids will like you, or that you didn't realize at the time that it wasn't the hammer.

Still, not actually being the hammer is worth something. You lose one townpoint, which is better than I thought you'd do, tbh.

Aeronaut, have another scumpoint yourself. I don't require your validation or approval. My reads are my own, and you approving of them makes me question the veracity of some of my assumptions.

PE: I find that explanation from ThinkBig to be rather lame. It was made pretty clear how No Lynches work, and as a new player you don't have the luxury of saying "oh I assumed it worked the way it usually does."

Christ, this game has too many scummy players in it. Too many for you all to actually be scum.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #452 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by Pine »

You know what...Jester and Vedith can wait. They're not a moving target

I would like to see Aeronaut's flip

Vote: Aeronaut

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #460 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 454, Aeronaut wrote:You're that guy who had a meltdown in that one Space Invaders game and ruined it for everyone! Fun fun
I am not, actually.

Also, I'm not voting off of my scumreads. You were #3 on my list, after all, and Jester and Vedith will be easy to lynch.

You, I want a reaction out of. This is what I was looking for

Happy with my vote

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #461 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Pine »

Wait never mind I remember the game you're referring to. "Meltdown" or "making it toxic" is a gross misrepresentation of what happened. Also, I was scum flailing super hard after an early mistake. It's not relevant

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #464 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Pine »

As I have said twice, and now state a third time, Jester and Vedith are widely regarded as scummy, and will not be difficult to lynch when the time comes.

You, on the other hand, are a hot lead, reacting badly, and my gut says pressing this is the drop dead right move

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #466 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Pine »

I did, but didn't need to. GreyIce's ragequit is a GI meta Towntell, and a pretty strong one. Gamma's behavior made me question that tell, but he pointed out that I had misunderstood the count. I am content to designate him reckless and foolish Town

Also, adding an extra vote after hammer isn't the scummy thing at all. It's trying to get the bullying players to like him that is. I am satisfied with his explanation

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #476 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Pine »

In post 472, Vedith wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I'll look later at Infinities buddy.
Scum are going to defend each other in this scenerio 9/10 times. I remember at least 2 people pushing him as town.

Gamma to die today though.
No if's, but's or coconuts.
Dat scumpost

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #479 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Pine »

And how exactly do you have such stunning insight into scum's motivation? Infinity's death proves only that someone shot at him. It could just as easily be scum shooting for crossfire as scum shooting at Town. Your confidence to the contrary is pretty telling

Yeah. I could very easily see {Aeronaut, Jester, Vedith} as our remaining scum

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #481 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Pine »

I just ISO'd you, Vedith. You were pushing really hard for Jester Day One, then suddenly did a 180 and decided he was super Town. Now, without any explanation at all, you're bullying people away from suspicion of him

Why the reversal?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #483 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Pine »

Oh hey, Jester. After your post diarrhea D1, I was expecting to hear more from you. What's with that? Trying to lay low and hope you don't get noticed?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #485 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Pine »

Yup

Contribute

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #492 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Pine »

Yeah, I really need to hear more from the lurkers in this thread

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #494 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Pine »

GuiltyLions, Jester. ThinkBig to a degree, Aeronaut since yesterdayish

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #498 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Pine »

In post 497, Vedith wrote:And thanks for telling us that you are partners with Gamma, Pine.
Oh really? Do tell

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #500 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Pine »

Gamma has been the most active player this day phase. You're engaging me right now. ThinkBig and Aeronaut have been active, but haven't spoken lately. GL and Jester are the only ones I straight up called out

Do you make your allegations up yourself, or do you use a Magic 8-Ball?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #502 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Pine »

Umm, no, I didn't. First of all, you seem to stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" when it's pointed out that I didn't exclude one or two people, I created three broad categories, with reasoning, which conforms to observable reality. Second, lurking isn't an actual scumtell unless it is done consistently and strategically. Third, I just asked them to speak up. You put words in my mouth

Have yet another scumpoint for gross misrepresentation

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #508 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Pine »

In post 506, Vedith wrote:@Pine- to confirm you think Gamma is...?

@rest. I'm thinking of lynching outside of Pine and Gamma.
They are obviously a scum team. Lynching the solo scum gives us 1 less kill, a useless scum role and unknown knowledge to who has and hasn't got a BP from a scum side.
Gamma is solid Town. I don't see scum GreyIce ragequitting, and I don't see scum Gamma blundering around and being as uncalculated as he was at the end of D1

Like I said, I like Aeronaut for lynch. Barring that, also good with lynching Jester. This D2 lurking looks like he got lectured overnight by his partner, and is laying low

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #515 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Pine »

If this is Jester Town, he needs to go back to newbie games

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #516 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Pine »

In post 514, Vedith wrote:UNVOTE: Gamma

Aeronaut I don't feel as scum. Infinity is the type of player to protect his team rather than throw under the bus.
I'll look after dinner at who he had as town
Bolded is bad logic. Good scum (and Infinity was good scum that got unlucky) rarely list their buddies as solid townreads.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #553 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Pine »

I'm about to leave the house and wasn't expecting the volume of posts to respond to, ill address more when I'm home from date night with the wife

Two things I want to touch on now, @Aero, is yes I do have enough history with GreyIce to say that ragequitting is a Towntell. It's not absolutely ironclad, as it's possible you all pissed him off enough that he'd want out regardless, but it's a strong sign. I've seen him do it before. Second, I have presented a case on you, though it's a little harder to wrap it up in a neat bow.

Dunno. That voice in the back of my head that's smarter than me says I'm missing something, so I may be due to reevaluate this game

Unvote
until then

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #554 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Pine »

Okay, after a wonderful date night with my wife*, I spent an hour or so trying to scratch that nagging "you're doing something wrong" itch with regard to this thread. I realized I'm approaching it from the wrong direction. It's less about scumreads, and more about Townreads. The unique distribution of alignments makes pinpointing Townies a lot more productive. Allow me to explain - given that we all have bulletproof, if even two Townies are correctly identified, it's going to be practically impossible to lose, because it will take ages for scum to kill them. Seriously, four nights to systematically shoot their BP, then shoot them. Yes, if the scumteams collude, they can do it faster, but they're way more likely to engage in crossfire.

So my new objective is to find the Town bloc, and then lynch the rest. Here we go...

Player List

Vedith
Jester
GreyIce/Gamma
rb/GuiltyLion
Aeronaut
ThinkBig

Points of order

+ GreyIce/Gamma is my strongest Townread, mostly a nearly bulletproof meta tell thanks to GreyIce.
+ Jester is crazy super insanely scummy. There were several incidents on D1 which I think qualify as genuine scumslips, plus his apparent allergy to do anything productive. Add to that his shameless lurking to avoid attention today, and I just cannot see him as any kind of Town. No, not even newbie moronic Town.
+ Vedith is also really scummy, but a lot more malevolent than Jester. Where Jester is just vomit-in-your-hair unproductive, Vedith is perpetrating a far more aggressive scumgame, with blatant and aggressive manipulation and voter browbeating. Also scum.

That leaves me with two Town and one scum in {GuiltyLion, Aeronaut, ThinkBig}. That's a bit tough, because I have mild scumreads on practically all of them. So let's re-evaluate them.

+ GL is a bit of an enigma. I disagree with practically all of his reads (except Vedith), but what little content he's produced has been pretty focused in its attempts to get information and pursue reads. I'm thinking probably Town.

This leaves one of {Aeronaut, ThinkBig} as scum, the other Town, and I still haven't figured out the subconscious warning. I'm starting to suspect I'm wrong-headed about Aeronaut. I looked back over my N1 catchup, and I found that the scumpoints I'd given Aeronaut were mostly revolving around the no lynch. He actually was going to be credited with Townpoints earlier on, but multiball. I also do not see scumbuddies Infinity and Aeronaut, both of whom are experienced and clever, being so bold about pushing the No Lynch. The progression of the case and my desire for pressure today was largely due to his absence, which a little quick research shows was site-wide. I'm inclined to reverse my thoughts on Aero, which leaves us with one candidate - ThinkBig.

Let's do the due diligence, though. I looked back over D1, and I'm a little surprised TB got away with only the one scumpoint. Maybe I added wrong? Forgot to tally something? Post 399 is super worrying, for reasons already stated. Jester and TB both seem to have made the same scumslip, of not noticing that Townies are bulletproof. I don't see Townies forgeting their own role like that. It's been way too much a fundamental part of my strategic considerations for it to just slip Town's mind. Then there's his scummy participation in the No Lynch, and his preference to just sit back today and let us go at it. Yeah, I'm convinced.

Summary

I think I've got this game solved. Town is Gamma, Aeronaut, and I. Scum is Vedith, Jester, and ThinkBig. GuiltyLion is probably Town too, based on PoE, but I suppose it's possible that one of {Jester, ThinkBig} is just so green that their bumbling is coming off as scummy.

Comfortable lynching any of those three scumreads. I'd like to go with Jester.

Vote: Jester

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #555 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by Pine »

Actually, it just occurred to me to ISO Infinity and do a search for references to those three scum players. It totally checks out. He spends almost all of D1 going after Jester and ThinkBig, and soft-defends Vedith on several occasions, only to later lump Vedith into his scumreads as an afterthought.

Vedith is probably Infinity's partner. Let's get rid of an entire team.

Unvote
Vote: Vedith

That's L-1

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #568 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Pine »

Okay, this is LyLo, or at least MyLo, so let's think this through. I'm pretty sure at this point that our scum A team is Jester and ThinkBig, but I want to run a few more ISOs before I commit to that. Probably going with Jester though, he's the one I suspect the most. Those scumslips on D1 were pretty terrible.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #574 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Pine »

Nah fuck it. We can argue about who Jester's partner is D4. If he's not scum, I'll eat my hat with a smile. He was counterproductive and scumslippy on D1, and active lurked through D2. I don't see a Town-motivated post in his whole ISO

Vote Jester

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #579 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Pine »

^Scumbargaining to the max. Vote with me and I'll call you Town. Vote against me and I'll call you scum.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #581 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Pine »

In post 87, The_Jester wrote:TB is town
In post 98, The_Jester wrote:Lol that post was pretty bad by TB
In post 99, The_Jester wrote:TB vote Vedith or I'll kick you out of my townbloc
In post 150, The_Jester wrote:I told you: I wanted to roll scum cause I played in this exact setup as town and won before so when I got town I decided not to try hard and play less seriously for once.
Plus it's goddamn Day1, neither you nor me will solve the game at this point.
If you lynch me cause I'm not as town as you'd like then it's just poor town play on your part. And yes I do think you're town here.
Vedith's an opportunistic scum and needs to die with fire.
Vedith you mongrel, you hear me? You're lucky I'm not a vig here
I lean town on TB and think Grey may be scum too.
In post 426, The_Jester wrote:Still happy with my vote.
Also wtf is wrong with TB not knowing townies are bp. That would be such an obvious slip I don't wanna believe it.
In post 471, The_Jester wrote:So TB's town. Mistaken about me but town nevertheless.
Still haven't figured out that Pine/Gamma/Aero triangle though
In post 571, The_Jester wrote:Pine and TB controlled bussing confirmed
In post 578, The_Jester wrote:Fortunately it'll not. I think you're town so drop Pine and help
Jester has been back and forth on TB all game, entirely in response to TB's changing reads, rather than TB's scummy or Towny actions. He's faking his read, and using his read as a means to threaten and bully TB into doing what he wants.

Hmm. I think I may have TB wrong. What Jester's doing is blatantly scummy, yet I don't see scum doing that to each other. Maybe I was wrong and it's Jester + GL

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #583 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Pine »

^Aero, Gamma, tell me you're not buying this bullshit. He's writing off outright cognitive dissonance as "Oh I didn't mean it"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #585 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Pine »

...Which is a scum tactic. Also known as cognitive dissonance. Which is what I accused you of

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #589 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Pine »

I'm not so sure. It might be Jester/GL, I need to run some ISOs to figure out if this is simple scum forgetting their fake reads, or if it cogdis, or what.

Either way, Jester is the clear choice for today. Scumslips D1 and active lurking D2, now flailing.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #591 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Pine »

You're already pushing for a scum lynch on him, policy is irrelevant

But yeah, if he flips Town and loses the game for us, he's getting my PL vote in the future

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #593 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Pine »

I'mma be honest, Gamma agreeing with Jesterscum but not voting for him makes me question my Townread.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #595 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Pine »

Never mind. I just ISO'd them both and I'm not really seeing connections

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #599 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Pine »

See, this interaction is making me think TB/Jester again. In your position, in MyLo with both under suspicion, mutual bussing is a smart tactic. It gets one lynched, and the survivor a free pass in LyLo for the win.

Yeah, I'm back to Jester/TB.

@Mod: Poke Aero?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #600 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Pine »

Wait, GL hasn't posted yet either.

@Mod poke GL too?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #646 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 612, Aeronaut wrote:I had a whole excel document ready that showed minimal interactions between GL and pine
Yeah, I was worried about that, and about you. I was hoping my "sudden revelation" D2 clearing you would get you to ignore the problems.

This was a satisfying return to the site. I have to hand it to Infinity and Vedith, though. Infinity was playing a strong game; we shot him in the hopes of silencing clever Town. Vedith had tenacity; I had to pull out all the stops to get him lynched.

I won't comment much on Town, I'd rather not harp on flaws.

Good game

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #647 (isolation #38) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 624, GreyICE wrote:Although sad people let flames slot live to endgame. No matter how good Pine was he was still Flames and Flames was still scum :P
I don't know if I'd say he was obvscum, but replacing into that slot was a liability. As was the fact that your rage quit was proof positive Town behavior, which I'm glad Town never caught on to no matter how much shouted it. It can be frustrating playing to my scum meta at times - my philosophy is to never do anything as scum that you wouldn't do as Town. As Town, I'd have defended that slot to the death.

No lynching was a terrible idea. GI's math was correct, Town managed to roll a natural 20 in that none of scum A's night actions went off. The odds of crossfire were indeed better with a lynch on D1.

As for people saying "Told you my read was right'" two things. First, a correct read for shitty reasons is also called luck. Second, even a good read for good reasons is worth nothing if you can't prosecute it. Knowing is half the battle, but it's ONLY half the battle. Just screaming "U SO SCUM" over and over isn't an effective means of accomplishing your objective.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #649 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:13 pm

Post by Pine »

I can always lynch scum if I want. Your shot was (theoretically) useful in blasting away Townie shields. Consider - I thought it highly improbable that we'd make it to endgame intact. That meant that I'd need to see at least two Townies die to accomplish that. With them having BP shields, I thought it was worth the risk to give you at least one night shot. It was a calculated risk that I'm not sure was correct. This is an atypical situation, made more complicated by the No Lynch. For example, if opponent scum had been lynched D1, I'd definitely have shot for a Townie, figuring that you're understrength and likely to be eliminated anyway. If Town had been mislynched, I'd definitely have shot for scum. Status quo...tough to say.

Who did you aim at N1?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #650 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Pine »

Nvm, looked up your scum thread

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #653 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 24, Pine wrote:Yeah, I'm almost positive GreyIce is Town. His theory post in 192 just plain does not hold water. He'd suggesting that "smart scum" will eliminate the other scumteam. I'm sorry, but no. This is a Townsided setup, only remedied by extra night shots.

I think he was trying to use his clout to bully hopefully-inexperienced scumteams into acting against their self-interest.

That said, I don't think we can let the other team live TOO long. or we'll inevitably soak one of their kills.

It's going to be a balancing act. Night One, I think we gun for Town
This post, GI?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #655 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Pine »

I'm still baffled by the NL. I mean, if they'd gone ahead and lynched Jester, who was probably the most likely D1 lynch, it would have changed the N1 dynamic. I likely would have shot for scum, maybe Vedith or Aeronaut. I would likely have not suspected Infinity, though he may have eaten a N2 shot aimed at Town. Ultimately, I don't think it would have ended up with an easy endgame. Jester was a genuinely-scummy low-hanging fruit, against whom a case was easy. We only needed two Townies, and we knew which strings to pull. With Jester out of the mix, and Infinity's clever play lasting longer, the results may well have been different. Certainly it wouldn't have been a blowout. Similar logic applies to if Aero had been more active. He was the one I was concerned about.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #657 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah, no excuse. NL is only useful in MyLo or special mechanics, and I could argue that it's counterproductive in MyLo. Consider a 3:1 MyLo. You NL, and scum chooses who they take into 2:1 endgame. The mechanics here weren't special enough to excuse it. The lynch is Town's only weapon; relying on crossfire is passive and tantamount to moral cowardice.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #659 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 658, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah it's complicated. I would like to play this setup again sometime
I concur.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #662 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Pine »

Nah, I love multiball. It encourages non-axiomatic analysis.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #665 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:55 am

Post by Pine »