Micro 661 | Scumteam UnPick - Pressure Done

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

Hi, all.

Saturday, I started reading the thread around 3. About half-way through, refreshed the last page and lynch had occurred. I expected Jacck to be the NK instead of Grey, interesting. So scum either want to keep him around for his suspicion of BlackVoid or possibly just the opposite if it was intended to create confusion. Unless Grey was a threat to read the remaining scum possibilities.

I need to do a few more things why it's still daylight. I will be available after that and provide my reads on BV, Smart and Dun. Let me know if you have questions.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

OK, went back through my notes, first a couple of questions:

@BlackVoid - Would you provide the same information you requested of Smart and Dun in #480?
In post 328, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 322, Something_Smart wrote:I see how Tenshii misinterpreted it, and I'm interpreting it to mean that you scumread ssbm's abrupt change of opinion (which was later revealed to be a reaction test), which I'm pretty sure is what you meant.
What posts are you guys talking about?
I was referring to what I didn't like about Dunhallym's , which details why she thought ssbm's suggestion was scummy. She mentioned how you misinterpreted her post in -- you thought that Dunhallym was calling you scum, rather than ssbm-- and
she wanted to be sure that I interpreted it correctly.
(I did.)
(emphasis added)
@Smart - Why did you believe this post from Dun was intended for you?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Question to all:
In post 358, Tenshii wrote:The primary reason why you've been townread is because you're scumhunting in the sense of asking questions yet with all of the questions you ask I don't see you drawing any conclusions.
Anyone have thoughts on this? And the exchange that followed in #360, #361 and #363? Is Dun's response frustrated townie or is that scum deflecting?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Thoughts on Smart/AA9:

AA9's play felt rough, probably why she subbed-out. Net-result: slight scum lean. Smart's play seems to be genuinely trying to solve the game.

#210 In retrospect, some good reads. Town points until I worry the reads are perhaps too good.

#230 I was initially concerned that Smart might be trying to mislead about the stats. His followups seemed geniune.
In post 244, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 235, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:If he's town I'm tomorrow's lynch, if I'm lynched today I will flip town and he's tomorrow's lynch. Either is fine
So why aren't you voting yourself?
In post 237, ProHawk wrote:
In post 210, Something_Smart wrote:ProHawk is really aggressive and quick to accuse
I may be aggressive, not sure I agree with the quick to accuse part, but go ahead and meta me, since you like that sorta stuff?

I would like you to expound on why My/Jin's interactions are scum v town.
<snip>

Regarding you and Jin, if Jin/ssbm is town then your vote and push on him was super opportunistic due to a couple newbie mistakes. However if he's scum I think the way you went about it makes it unlikely to be a bus.

Smarts 'why aren't you voting yourself' is fairly scummy. I believe someone eventually called him on it, but I couldn't find it. However, later in that post, his response to PH made a lot of sense. I read that prior to seeing the lynch on PH. At the time, I thought it was a good argument for scum-PH. At the end of that page I refreshed and saw the lynch.

#339 By the time I reached this post, I'm starting to lean Smart town. If Smart is scum, he is playing for the long game here. He is starting to put the PH pieces together before PH receives any real heat or has any votes.

#343 Dun had a good question for Smart here (if he believed Jin was town, why not push harder to save him). I thought his reply was adequate, not overly convincing. My main concern is still if Smart appears to know too much. Was he able to defend Jin because he knew Jin was town?

#397 I like that Smart defended ZZZX's "wait this is a nightless?" comment to PH. PH jumping on that comment looked scummy.

The post where he voted PH (#432) felt like town instead of scum busing a buddy.

My overall conclusion is, I think Smart is a good reader (as opposed to knowing too much). At least I hope so. I am more certain about Smart than then other two. I would lynch Dun and BV before Smart.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 487, Jaack wrote: I haven't really had much of an issue with what Dunhallym has been doing this game, to be honest. It's just that at the end of the day yesterday, I felt like she really didn't want ProHawk to get lynched, but was trying to look like she wasn't defending him.
That is pretty consistent with with my read. Just a few things to note:

#95 The early vote on AA9 made sense. Dun had a favorable view of PH here.

#374 – I understand paranoia in mafia. But I did found it odd here that she both had a town read on PH and a scum read on you. At least she admits the paranoia – that part felt towny.

Tenshii did the same thing (Jaack = scum, PH = town). At least one of these is town. Now BV reversed that when he subbed in...and you were going hard after Tenshii, so town-Tenshii had a reason to be suspicious of you.

#466 and #469 may be attempts to buy time as scum - find some way to swing the tide. Not sure if I can buy that she thought there was a "lack of a case on Prohawk (independently of Tenshii)" or more so "the fact there is no case against Prohawk". At least not by that point in the game. Granted, I read most of D2 after knowing the flip, but I felt PH was starting to flounder towards the end of D2 (posts in the early - mid 400's).
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I started thoughts on Tenshii/BlackVoid but struggling to stay awake. Will finish up tomorrow.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Thoughts on Tenshii/BlackVoid...
In post 489, BlackVoid wrote:The one worry I had about Smart was that I didn't understand why he was scumreading my predecessor so hard. I skimmed Tenshii's ISO before I replaced in and he seemed town to me gut-wise, just easygoing and off-the-cuff. But you are right about his latest posting, he had a lot of good points.
I can see that. I can also see why he started getting scum reads.

#99 Early vote of AA9 was OK.

#127 I liked that Tenshii was willing to present both sides. Perhaps that is a personal thing because I am good at seeing both sides but try to curb it in mafia games because it's often seen as fence sitting or leaving an out. It's more risky if you are scum. And he followed it with a ...

#128 Vote on ProHawk – The vote seemed genuine, it didn't feel like a bus.

#181 - Tenshii now has PH slight town (several posts between after the last post listed) and goes back to voting on AA9. He's also voted Jin somewhere in that time frame. I think he voted for everyone except Jaack and Gamma at some point on D1. Starting to look a bit suspicious. The bouncing back-and-forth provides an easy out if he needs to ditch a buddy's wagon.

First vote on D2 is for Dun.

#361 Provides his reads. PH as strong town and Dun as strongest scum.

Next he gets replaced by BlackVoid. BV comes in a does a near 180, PH is his likely vote. So my question is, if BV is scum, why come in at that point and vote for your partner? This does not make sense to me as a scum gambit. There was still plenty of opportunity at this point to press a wagon on probably any other player.

He continues to build a case on one of PH, Dun, and Smart. Again, I just don't see the scum motivation there, particularly not in this setup. Busing his buddy makes it unlikely to win the game.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

@Dun - I'm trying to be fair and look at all sides, but you being the other scum makes sense. If I'm right, you/PH got a raw deal the way the subs fell. Tenshii had PH as his strongest TR and Gamma seemed to be reading PH strong town as well on D2. Gamma's absence while awaiting a sub and BV subbing in did not play in your favor, which must be frustrating (if you are the remaining scum.)

In post #409 PH's read list appears to playing with the end in mind. His reads were:
Dun, Tenshii, Gamma - town
Smart, Jack, ZZZX - scum pool

If Dun is scum, PH attempts to pocket Gamma and Tenshii. Both are pro-PH. If he can convince them to vote on Smart, Jack, or ZZZX, then D3 is LYLO for town. BV subbing in for Tenshii potentially turned the table in town's favor. If Tenshii and Gamma remain in the game, a PH lynch seems unlikely.

If instead Tenshii was scum, PH was attempting to pocket Dun and Gamma. Both are pro-PH. As mentioned in my last post, I find it unlikely Tenshii's replacement would jump in and start playing against his partner. Possible, but hard to buy.

The remaining option: Smart is scum and PH places his partner in a fairly safe location - Smart might be scum but PH read the other two as scummier. Also possible. Smart's reaction to PH's vote on Jaack felt real and I'm generally reading him as town.

Smart and Tenshii were on the PH wagon, while Dun tried to prevent it. It's possible that one of these two are busing. However, Occam's razor points to Dun.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Checking in - doing family Christmas stuff. Will be checking sporadically the next several days. Happy Holidays to all!
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I'm traveling either Tuesday or Wednesday, but otherwise should be available this week.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

My intentions are to vote Dun, which will place her at L-1. Anyone want more discussion first?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Pretty much this ^^^^.

I believe Dun said she'd be back tomorrow or Saturday.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 530, BlackVoid wrote:Continuing with my review. This is until the point ssbm_kyouko and Smart replaced in. ArcAngel9 is pretty much a blank for me so I'm probably going to rely on Smart to read that slot once I get there.

<snip>

I also don't quite understand why Dun keeps repeating that SAJ "hasn't done any scumhunting" and telling him to "stop saying that he's town and do something to prove it." How the hell do you do something to prove that you are town? He's a new player, getting grilled on his play, he's explaining himself but digging himself a bit deeper. It looks a lot like empty posturing.
On that note, SAJ's seemed really genuine although I doubt Dun was being evil enough to try and rile him up.
It just seemed like she was using his inconsistencies as an excuse for looking like she's scumhunting and making a push she thinks is believable.
Post #197 belongs to ZZZX. Should this be #194?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

Still reading, nothing new to add.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Woo...I can feel a vote coming soon. :wink:

But seriously, we have over 4 (real life) days left, however, it would be nice to finish this Day before the weekend.

@Smart - is that enough time for you?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 592, BlackVoid wrote: Anyways, I'm down to vote Dun once Smart finishes up his analysis of me/Tenshii and Prohawk. I think I might be going overboard and hyperanalyzing everything at this point but better be safe than get into three-way without making Smart take strong positions.
I have also been reading and considering D3 posts. I haven't seen anything to change my mind. If Dun happens to flip town, I hope scum keeps Jaack around for the final Day. Jaack started the game and should have the chance to determine the outcome. Just my two cents. I still think we're done after Dun's lynch.

If Smart hasn't said his piece by Saturday evening, I'm placing my vote. That provides plenty of time for a hammer.

@Dun - If you're town, do you have reasons town should lynch Smart on D4? How certain are you that BV is the remaining scum?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

To whichever of you killed Jack...bite me. :P

I plan to reread the game, one read with Smart as scum and another with BV as scum. Classes start tomorrow. I might not have a chance to do this justice until Tuesday.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Sorry, I planned to get to this by Tuesday. First couple of days back with students is kicking my butt. Not intending to draw this out needlessly. Will get something by the end of Wednesday.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I have reread through everything except Today. Took a long time when parsing it as you go, considering the relatively low number of posts. It is well past my bed time. I'll pick this back up when I get home from work. If I don't have questions, I'll place my vote and we can see how this ends.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:15 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

OK,here's where I am. I am up in the air. One of you is doing a heck of a job as scum. Personally, it's not a big deal to me whether I win or lose, but I'd obviously like to win. What is more important is that Jacck, Dun and one of you played a hard town game and deserve my best effort.

Here's what it come down to: Dun was scum reading BV on D3. Jack was town reading Smart and scum reading Tensheii. If I am leaning town-Smart or at a toss up between BV and Smart, I will vote BV. Given Jacck and Dun's reads, I will need to be more convinced than not that Smart is scum to vote Smart.

BV - regardless of alignment, you had to make the sort of play you did D3 and Today to have a chance to survive. And regardless, you've done a good job. I am seriously considering if you are town. Originally, I thought I'd be voting you today, but I want consider your arguments.

Smart - can you link me to a scum game where you survived or remained in the game until near the end?

Since we have time, I don't plan to rush this. We have an ice storm headed our way, so unless I'm without power for a long length of time, I have a lot of free time in next 24-72 hours to consider the options. What I do hope to avoid is overthinking it and go with what makes the most sense. I also don't want to draw it out needlessly.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Letting you know that I'm still here. There is one more thing I want to check and it will have to wait until tomorrow (Tuesday).
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

Guys, I must again apologize. I didn't intend to drag this out like this. When I have the time, I take way too long reading and analyzing and then run out time. Like right now, I have to get ready for work. My best intentions fall flat.

I have questions for both of you. When I get home this evening, I will post them. I will not vote until you both have a chance to answer. I appreciate the effort both of you have made. I am sorry I could not be more involved this past week.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Damn, I'm not sure this game is meant to end. Family emergency, don't know yet if I will need to travel. Will know more in the morning.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I’m back. Friday night I had literally just sat down to post when I got a call from the hospital in my home town. My mom fell and broke her hip. They couldn’t get ahold of my sister, who lives there. I live 7 hours away. My mom has dementia and is not fully cognizant to determine her medical treatment. Long story short, she had surgery late Saturday afternoon. It went well. But there is a lot of concern because the last time she had surgery, the whole ordeal seemed to exacerbate the memory issues. I appreciate the well wishes and thanks for understanding.

This is actually a nice distraction at the moment.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:12 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

First some general thoughts:

I am not placing much consideration on past games. First and foremost, I wasn’t there at the time (it makes a difference). And second, I didn’t see any standouts from the ones I examined. ISO's in unfamiliar games omit too much context.

I am also not faulting Smart for his participation on D3. Could he have posted more? Yes. But if I’m town and I believe Dun is the last scum (like all the town in the game did) I don’t see the reason to try to find the scum game in a player I presume to be town (assuming I’ve done due diligence to re-evaluate my position). IMO Smart did that. I’ve played in several games where scum struggled to post and I just don’t see obvious scum in this case. Now having said that, BV’s play D3 felt more town than Smart’s.

I’m also not overly concerned about which of you voted or indicated FOS on PH first. I can see town and scum motivation for both of your votes/FOS (as far as when they occurred). The net result is a wash.

I’ll start new posts of my thoughts/questions for both of you.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I made most of these notes offline, I think I managed to link most of them.

@BV

I think you’ve played a hell of a game since you subbed in. If it wasn’t down to you vs another player, I wouldn’t be considering you possible scum. What I don’t know is if this is your honest town game or if I’m being played. Honestly, it does feel like you’re attempting to overwhelm and confuse the situation. I was thinking that before Smart mentioned it. I’ve seen scum do this all too well. Much of your play makes a lot of sense as town and seems genuine, but then there are pings that seem like you are exaggerating/bending/twisting the facts to make your case.

Such as:
Near the start of D3 you said of Tenshii: “he seemed town to me gut-wise, just easygoing and off-the-cuff” and you say something similar later in a more thorough examination of Tenshii’s posts. At that point you ask Smart why he was scum reading Tenshii.

At the start of D4, that read ratchets up: In post #600 you say: "I don't know why he was being scumread but he was super town to me right from the beginning". A couple of posts later you say:
“There is nothing at all scummy about Tenshii's posts.” And in the same post “I was overwhelmingly reading Tenshii as town even before I saw his role PM.”

These latter descriptions are much stronger than your initial assessment. It feels like your trying too hard to make this argument. Town doesn’t need to exaggerate. Multiple players thought Tenshii was scummy at one point or another. Saying “There is nothing at all scummy about Tenshii's posts.” Is a unnecessary (and false) over-exaggeration.

You also over-exaggerating in your assessment on Smart on D4: (emphasis added)
“On his activity level,
everytime he posted
, it seemed like a chore for him which is mostly indicative of him just wanting the day over with so he could get his lynches and win.”

In #604 – you say of Smart: “Yet, he never once calls me scum on D3.”

Did you ever call Smart scum on D3? Both of you at one point or another stated suspicion of the other. But you both seemed to be reading Dun scum and ergo the other town.

#558 – In your analysis of Smart’s vote on PH in post #432 you said “ZZZX also expressed mild suspicion of Prohawk”. Where did ZZZX do that?

This is also leads to an example where it seems like you’re twisting content to fit your argument. Post #639 in regards to your motivation to bus PH you said “Neither Gamma nor Dun backed Jaack on his Prohawk push, and ZZZX's reads were an enigma.”

So Smart might be voting PH because ZZZ (among others) had suspicion on PH but when it comes to yourself, ZZZX’s didn’t have a read on PH??

Or the one that Smart pointed out that you later called his fluff post.

Inconsistencies like these give me pause about you being town.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

@Smart

Why do you think BV voiced FOS on PH and then voted him instead of voting for you or pushing another wagon? Wouldn’t it have been better for scum-BV not to bus his partner?

#439 - I didn’t follow what you said about post #423, regarding where the post came relative to BV’s catch-up. Can you explain that? It may not be relevant at this point, I just didn’t get it.

#500 – In your description of play history, everything you said seems factual. But just looking at your record, it seemed like you down played your ability as scum. You survived to the end in a couple and lasted late game in others (I consider this an indication of ability regardless of the game outcome). This is more an observation than a question. Thoughts?

#606 you re-evaluate BV’s play from a he must-be-scum angle:
“119, which is conspicuous in its being a non-interaction, where ProHawk makes a readlist but doesn't include Tenshii. (He does, incidentally, include my predecessor, placed in a null area where he would certainly know not to place his scumbuddy.”

That post was in regards to Jaack’s plan of lynching one of {Dunhallym, Jin, ArcAngel}. Why would he include Tenshii?

Later in that 606: "181, where Tenshii jumps off ProHawk and onto my slot. No mention of why he doesn't scumread ProHawk as much,
nor why he scumreads ArcAngel more.
"

(Emphasis added) In the next post Tenshii explains his take on ArcAngle

These posts stuck out as being troublesome.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 666, BlackVoid wrote:
The situation around Prohawk is also not as simple as which of us voted or indicated a FOS on Prohawk first. I think the point being missed is to look at who had motivation to bus Prohawk at the time and I don't see how you arrived at "the net result is a wash" from the evidence I posted.
I totally agree it's not that simple. You've stated why scum-Smart would jump on the wagon when he did and Smart has done the same. If I knew who was on at what time, that could make a difference, but I don't. If Smart had been watching the game all morning is different than if he just joined the game at the time of his post. If Smart is town, it's not his fault his vote for PH fell 40-50 minutes after your intention to vote PH. His last interaction was 24 hours before that.

From a pure progression on time, Smart voted for PH in his first post after PH voted Jack. If Smart is town, he did the towny thing. If you are town, you did the towny thing by waiting until you were caught up to vote. Figuring out what went on in that vote is key, but the semantics of who staked a claim first doesn't tell me much.

Between your first post and the next one where you first voiced suspicion of PH, there was plenty of time to daychat with a scum buddy. If you are scum, questioning where gamma was before you voted could be seen as waiting to see how the tide would fall. But if you're town, it was a perfectly innocent inquiry.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 672, BlackVoid wrote:I know Smart is scum so I'm going to be way more confident in the push now than I was before. "It seems like you are exagerrating" is a red herring really because both of our motivations right now (as town and scum) is to get the other person lynched. So, that's not going to tell you about what alignment we are. Look at our play when another scum was still in the game. Then compare and contrast our play on D3.
This may seem like a totally random question, but it's not. Have you ever played or watched a game with yogsloth? I don't know if he plays on this site.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:02 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 674, BlackVoid wrote:But do you see that as scum, I would have a much easier chance of winning the game if I supported Prohawk rather than bus him?
Yes, I do. It was one of things I mention in my first read on you. So yeah, I'm paranoid.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:04 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 676, BlackVoid wrote:I haven't.
He's a player on my home site. He has an great scum game. And you keep reminding me of him. He would make a play like bussing PH instead of going a safer route because scum would never do that.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:16 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 678, BlackVoid wrote:Also, did you catch that Smart was at L-2 without either me or Prohawk voting him at the time meaning he was an easy lynch if I was scum and was talking to Prohawk during the day?

If Smart really was town, I'd know that a Prohawk lynch makes it hard to lynch him because of how much they pushed each other. I'd also know that bussing Prohawk means I would HAVE to lynch Smart to win. The alternative of lynching him before Prohawk flipped would have been way more appealing.

On the other hand, do you see how easy it would have been for Smart to win by bussing Prohawk at that time? The Prohawk-Tenshii connection was being thrown around and I basically said Prohawk and Dun were the team. That's two mislynches in the bag. The only reason he hasn't won a month ago is because of how hard I tried to read Dun and take things slowly and how much I'm fighting now to save the game.
Everything you say makes a lot of sense, it's just my gut is not there yet.

Your one scum game here is a small sample. Anything available on another site?

Your last question - he could have went after you or Dun. I'm not sure he needed to vote PH yet. Eh...PH's vote on Jaack looked so bad.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:21 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

Hit submit to quickly, but at even with PH's play at that point. He couldn't know how gamma, dun and zzzx would react. The first two seemed pretty pro-PH.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #33) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:23 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

I got to get some sleep. I'll be around after lunch tomorrow.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

@mod - do we have a specific time in place for the deadline?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 671, BlackVoid wrote:Honestly Columbo, you are focusing on things that aren't indicative of alignment. What you should be looking at is who had motivation to bus Prohawk. From your POV, we both voted scum but one of us bussed.

Is Smart's Prohawk vote a gamewinning move if he bussed when he did?

Is my push on Prohawk a gamewinning move if I was scum?

That's what will tell you the difference in alignment.
In post 672, BlackVoid wrote:I know Smart is scum so I'm going to be way more confident in the push now than I was before. "It seems like you are exagerrating" is a red herring really because both of our motivations right now (as town and scum) is to get the other person lynched. So, that's not going to tell you about what alignment we are. Look at our play when another scum was still in the game. Then compare and contrast our play on D3.
I disagree about it being a red herring or that how a player states things is NAI. That's bull. Town should not knowingly lie or stretch the truth to make their case. Town may at times due this unknowingly or out of frustration, but as a rule a thumb, scum do this, not town.

I revisited the progression on D3. Something I noticed that I hadn't before, was that by the point you first indicated a suspicion on PH, PH was already started to flail and Jacck was already pointing it out. PH hadn't nailed his coffin yet, but the lid was closing. You could have went a direction other than PH, but it would have been riskier than what you implied.

Focusing on Smart's participation D3 almost seems hypocritical when you consider your predecessor's play. You claim Tensheii was super townie, yet he was prodded twice and then replaced due to inactivity. Why should I read Smart's D3 play as scum and Tenshii's as town?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 693, BlackVoid wrote:By the way, @Columbo - curious what is setting your gut off against me.
That's a great question. And I've been trying to find a way to articulate it. It's mainly a difference in feeling. It feels like you are trying to sell me something. I don't get than from Smart.

The things you indicate you would only do as town are things I've watched scum do. I don't know what your scum game is like and one game is not enough to establish a meta.

Hands down, you outplayed Smart D3 (as either alignment), but D3 is not the entirety of the game. It is a big part in why were are still here debating this.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 696, BlackVoid wrote: When I replaced in, Jaack was the only one pushing Prohawk. Smart had expressed suspicion but never pushed him. I think Jaack said Prohawk was "flailing" as rhetoric or to sell his case but I don't think the lynch was already set in stone at the time I replaced in. There were still a lot of people townreading Prohawk and he may have legitimately thought he could get Jaack lynched. Which post are you referring to by the way?
I'm annoyed you make sense. :P

There were a few posts, but the last major one was #417 where Jacck lays out his full case.
In post 697, BlackVoid wrote: Ah, that makes sense. Out of curiosity, how many times have you been in lylo before? Also, curious how many mafia games you played total.

<snip>

Why were asking me for additional games if you're not even going to read the one game that you do have available?
I don't think I've been in lylo before as town. Certainly not as the lone deciding factor.

I did look at your scum game, I'll take another look. Problem is one game is not a good sample.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Didn't finish that thought. I've played in about a dozen games on my home site. I subbed into one other game here besides this and currently in another from the get go.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Why do you think Grey was killed N2?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #40) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:46 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

I'm here. I fell asleep sitting here with my laptop.

OK, this may come as a surprise, I think I believe you. I did reread your game, I remember getting a good chuckle about nn saying he ran out of the shower to unvote you.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

@Smart - when BV replaced in, you had two votes. If BV is scum, why not try to lynch you instead of busing his partner?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

BV - You thought the Secret agent Jim slot looked town near the end of D1 (when it was his sub). I thought perhaps Smart looked like he knew too much. Do you think that was a read town should of spotted - should Dun have reevaluated her position instead of pushing harder?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (isolation #43) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:35 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 701, BlackVoid wrote:Kyouko was pretty dead on in that the likelihood of both Dun and Smart being town are really low.
Don't you think that was mostly do to probabilities? Dun, Smart, and Kyouko were in the most possible pairs.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:04 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

Super quick...I'll he off-grid for the next 5 hours but will be here for the last two.

Where I am. Right now I would vote Smart for two main reasons:
1. I think the the play surrounding PH's lynch is more likely a bus by Smart than BV
2. If BV is scum he deserves an award.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Ms Columbo »

I'm back.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #46) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 734, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 733, BlackVoid wrote:You ready to vote Smart or do you need to talk over anything else? I've got an interview in a while and just wanted to go out on a high note rather than be anxious. from Prohawk should seal it though. He wouldn't be encouraging Jaack to flip Tenshii first as that would mean a loss. But I think he was hoping that a Tenshii-townflip would clear him because then the associative case would fall apart.
Tenshii was never getting lynched on Day 2. The matrix wouldn't allow it, and I'm sure ProHawk was aware of this. (I made it abundantly clear myself.) So the only point of ProHawk's implication that Tenshii should be lynched first is to imply that they weren't partners.
@BV - can you address this? You also stated several times that Tenshii would never be lynched D2. Why would PH be pushing a Tenshii lynch?

I've been reading Smart from D3 on to make sure this is the right choice.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 728, BlackVoid wrote:At the risk of twinging your gut like crazy, vote him before you go. I'll heave a huge sigh of relief.
The time away included some driving time so I had some time to think. That and I walked away as soon as I posted, didn't see that until I returned.

BV - I think you've played a great game. There's a twinge of doubt, but it's hard for me to see you as scum. Now if you are scum I will feel compelled to vote you in any future game purely on principle. :wink:

And Smart - you'd had a good game too. If I didn't know one of you had to be scum I wouldn't think either one of you are scum. If BV managed to fool me, I apologize.

Any last thoughts?
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

For better or worse...

VOTE: Something_Smart
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

Lol, I got played, sorry Smart and the rest.

@BV - No need to continue the charade with the win. That was cheap.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (isolation #50) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 751, Jaack wrote:
In post 749, Ms Columbo wrote:Lol, I got played, sorry Smart and the rest.

@BV - No need to continue the charade with the win. That was cheap.
I'm not sure if this is facecious, but you might wanna check the spoiler.
WOW! Hook......line......sinker. That was an awesome punk!! :D

Perhaps I'm too tired. Anyone have a bridge they want to sell me....

@BV - Please ignore that comment, you're cool!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”