Micro 675: Heroes of the Storm uPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

before I say anything else, sorry for delaying the game, I was really, really, really, really paranoid that Syr might have been lying about some aspects of his role and had potential to screw me over if I made it obvious I was quick hammering.

I hope I didn't waste too much of all of your time. /embarrassed
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Post by pieguyn »

town lost with the S_S lynch D1 imo. I still don't really know why you all thought he was scum, and he had probably the best reads in the game. after that the game mostly just devolved even after the Dunn guilty. D2 was cut off, and then I didn't even need to do anything from D3+ just due to the position I was in.

Charl was killed entirely for strategic reasons. he obviously had something that would serve as an adverse effect to us in one way or the other upon his death, so if we were to attempt to kill him, the later we were to do it the riskier it would be and the more potential he'd have to completely fuck us over. however, if we were to leave him alive, he's a player who 1. was very obviously not scum and 2. neither me or notty had any prior experience with and neither of us had had any significant interaction with him throughout the game, so I have to rely on either being able to mislynch him or ensuring that I can keep someone who I don't really have any sort of connection with within my circle of control. I didn't like either of those odds and I saw a lot of better endgame possibilities with him just gone (and this took me into probably the literal best LYLO I could have had), so we just bit the bullet and shot him.

plus, as notty pointed out, we were running a bus on Dunn anyway, so him being guiltied and lynched D2 isn't that far off from what would have happened regardless. I'm honestly a bit surprised that no one realized I had declared a hard scum read on him while attempting to go "well, notty is convinced he's town, so..." to avoid his wagon, but, w/e.

gg, and thanks Foxbird for the game. sorry again Dunn for the N1 that got you killed, you were a really awesome partner. :<
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1133, The Oxford Bubbles wrote:That's disappointing. Well played. (:
I was seriously considering voting SxN in the end. It's a shame I was never in a position to make that decision.

~ Raven
you were asking all the right questions. I did have a lot more I woulda came at you with re: my Persi read if you had asked for elaboration, so I at least feel I could have attempted to back up how confident I was acting about it, but largely, the Persi lynch was mostly a lynch that had huge utility for us + just general misgivings about stuff he had done during the game on a general level.

I'm fairly sure I woulda got it even without him being hated, too, but had that been the case I'd have had to put significantly more effort into securing it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'm OK with releasing scum PT, btw.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Persivul wrote:WTF? Why is this still going on?

What has SxN done this game? They convinced bork they were town. Since bork was obvtown and outposted everyone else by a factor of 3 or 4, that pretty much won them the game. You don't have to be obvtown to everyone to win as scum.
this is a very true post, btw.

the goal of playing scum isn't to play in a way where every single player watching or playing the game would be convinced of you being town, it's to endgame the town. pretty much all of my D1 was based around the fact that at the point when the game started, bork and Syr had the most credibility in the player list in reading me, and that I'd be in a very good position if I could bloc up with them and have them supporting me. if it looked like I didn't do anything D3+, it's because I didn't, because I didn't need to; everyone was still largely convinced I was town, so, /shrug
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:42 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1150, mhsmith0 wrote:viewtopic.php?p=8621770#p8621770
1. notty did a lot more than me this game in terms of securing the town reads on us, and 2. bork has a significant amount of experience with me and is mostly familiar with my meta; the issue here was my aim this game was largely to play around his expectations of me and hit the types of notes in my play that resonated with him the most.

if I was to roll scum vs. you, and thought that your read on me would be significant, you could likely expect me to approach you the same way. you could probably also expect that I'd ignore you and play to the rest of the game instead, since the thing that you read me is the thing that tends to get me thrown into the fire the most when I'm actually town, even against people who know me well enough.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”