Micro 686 - The Nightman Cometh (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Aeronaut »

- VoteCount One Point Five -

With 9 players alive, it's 5 to lynch!

[L-2]
drealmerz7 -
Froggaphant, Vaxkiller, Kop

[L-5]
Imperium -
[L-3]
Vaxkiller -
Errantparabola, Hiraki

[L-5]
Whemestar -
[L-5]
Froggaphant -
[L-5]
Hiraki -
[L-4]
Land of Xanth -
drealmerz7

[L-2]
Kop -
Land of Xanth, WhemeStar, Imperium

[L-5]
Errantparabola -

Not Voting
-

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-02-27 21:00:00)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:57 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Prodding Froggaphant!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 345, Land of Xanth wrote:
In post 344, Hiraki wrote:Willing to bet money was more of a speculation rather than a firm read. There are also many posts on between 66 and 366 - I can go more into that read later if you'd like. I understand its not great at face value but that's also why it's not included heavily in my post and not a full scumread.
Strange verbiage for speculation, because "willing to bet money on" tends to be used on what we consider "a sure thing" in Vegas, because nobody likes to lose their money here.

I would appreciate some clarity on your progression, so thank you in advance!

-G
Nobody likes to lose money in general!

Post 66 stops most of the productive game content from Errant. He's talkative but not very game-talkative. The next best post that demonstrates this is 227 which is a sheep vote.

It's not a great read which is why I'm leaning rather than full-on SRing. More of an FoS than anything.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 352, Hiraki wrote:Post 66 stops most of the productive game content from Errant. He's talkative but not very game-talkative. The next best post that demonstrates this is 227 which is a sheep vote.
So, these posts don't hold any game value, to you?

Spoiler:
In post 86, Errantparabola wrote:this is likely only useful in an edge case, but can we presume with decent confidence that carnelian's slot is not responsible for the day halving?

i feel like this is an active and not a passive as it happened after thread unlock.
And I also feel like if it were an active then it's almost definitely an anti-town active.

idk if whemestar is careless enough to post concurrently with using an anti-town power (i would say probably not) but regardless i'm comfortable voting there.

again, not necessarily true and also only useful in a weird situation
In post 95, Errantparabola wrote:okay regarding dreal i'm reluctant to explain because I feel like it doesnt really effect my read, and its a speculative thought process that I would have to explain in detail. basically high effort for low impact. but maybe it deserves to be taken into account, on second thought.

I skimmed scum-dreal's ISO in PYP (Quipla's large theme), and I looked back at two town games: NY197 (I modded) and Thing mafia (I played to essentially the end). Obviously this isn't comprehensive, and so not a comprehensive read. I very occasionally use stuff like this to direct me early on and move off if I find something contradictory.

IMO, coming off of a recent game where one is widely townread puts pressure on people to replicate that behavior in future scumgames. I haven't actually fully read PYP, and don't intend to, but i'm assuming dreal did something right to win in endgame.

That was sort of what i was looking for in dreal's posts. dreal's entrances as town have tended to be less organized, more conversationally reactive, and more casual-- feeling less of a need to push and generate momentum. dreal's entrance in PYP was more call to action, less reactive, and more tonally driven. I felt that dreal's questioning was a clear departure from his usual town, noticing that xanth also pointed out some aspects. But then I started second guessing that.

~the end~
In post 99, Errantparabola wrote:the entrance was bad but only in a vacuum, and the later posts didn't reflect a trend imo
so i second guessed it.
In post 151, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 145, WhemeStar wrote:I should add, I have 0 idea on how to use the Q+ thingy. So may have a wall of posts.
you know what, it's been two years for me and I still have no fuckin idea ^^
In post 146, WhemeStar wrote:How is it anti-town? I guess you did add thats not necessarily true but I still want to know why you think it could be anti town
Slicing the day in half puts pressure on town. If this were an activated town ability, it would certainly be claimed (unless the town player is going full troll), but it seems really unlikely to be in town hands anyway. My uncertainty is primarily on whether it's an active or a passive ability.

and hey, if you have anything specific from vax that made your gut go "this is bad stuff" then I'd appreciate if you could point us to it.
but I understand if it's just a total gut thing. Also, I still haven't seen anything from you that merits a vote switch, I think! But I'll wait for your promised thoughts.

also yaaaaay imperium is here <3

-G
Hydra between Alisae and -Grey-
Froggaphant
Froggaphant
Goon
Froggaphant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Froggaphant »

In post 291, Land of Xanth wrote:1) Using his ability on d1 instead of hording it for a more strategic play such as LyLo seems pretty town.
2) Shortened d1 is actually pro-town because it reduces the time we have to bicker over completely unfounded bullshit.
3) If he does shorten the day phase after d1, it's pretty much a scum claim.

-G
Yeah, I agree with this: i think i'd've liked it to be discussed, but..I have one question: is it a utility that has to be used? (compulsive?) I've read, but I can't see this.
In post 294, Vaxkiller wrote:BTW im missing something, did someone claim negative town utility of shortening day?
...o.0 this is bad.
In post 345, Land of Xanth wrote:
In post 344, Hiraki wrote:Willing to bet money was more of a speculation rather than a firm read. There are also many posts on between 66 and 366 - I can go more into that read later if you'd like. I understand its not great at face value but that's also why it's not included heavily in my post and not a full scumread.
Strange verbiage for speculation, because "willing to bet money on" tends to be used on what we consider "a sure thing" in Vegas, because nobody likes to lose their money here.

I would appreciate some clarity on your progression, so thank you in advance!

-G
I really like posts like this from xanth, picking at exactly the right things, detail oriented without being finickity, really town motivated.

@xanth, imperium, can you explain the kop post in like, three bullet points?

@dreal, has your read of the game state changed at all over the last day or so? thoughts on imperium and wheme?

UNVOTE:
-b

more over the w/e when my better half is free.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 354, Froggaphant wrote:@xanth, imperium, can you explain the kop post in like, three bullet points?
Sure!
A. Meta; I expect wall posts from Kop and he isn't providing those.
B. He oppertunisticly put Drealmerz at L-1.
C. His ISO is bad.
-Ali
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:29 am

Post by Land of Xanth »

There are two players I've decided that I'm absolutely against lynching d1.

Pretty much down with killing anyone else, at this point.

-G
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Hiraki »

Most of those are very theory based, yes.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 357, Hiraki wrote:Most of those are very theory based, yes.
86 and to a lesser extent 151, perhaps.

But I disagree about 95/99 being theory based.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 95, Errantparabola wrote:okay regarding dreal i'm reluctant to explain because I feel like it doesnt really effect my read
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 359, Hiraki wrote:
In post 95, Errantparabola wrote:okay regarding dreal i'm reluctant to explain because I feel like it doesnt really effect my read
Maybe you should have kept reading, just for shits and giggles.

-G
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Errant wrote:But then I started second guessing that.
Why are you assuming I'm just blindly making stuff up?
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 361, Hiraki wrote:
Because getting anything out of you is like pulling teeth.

-G
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 361, Hiraki wrote:
So, you find no game-relevance to 95 at all?

Errant putting so much time and work into their read on drealmerz just to walk away empty-handed tells you nothing?

Strange.

-G
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 352, Hiraki wrote:He's talkative but not very game-talkative.
What does anything in that post have to do with this game?

You wanna use meta? Fine - don't just throw it away as a maybe two seconds later though.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 364, Hiraki wrote:
In post 352, Hiraki wrote:He's talkative but not very game-talkative.
What does anything in that post have to do with this game?

You wanna use meta? Fine - don't just throw it away as a maybe two seconds later though.
Everything in that post outlined Errant's attempt in this game to get a handle on dreal in this game.

Why would scum!Errant need to go metadive dreal just to build a semiwall that doesn't provide an actual read? It goes nowhere, and IMO town tends to wind up nowhere more often than Scum because scum already has the answers and actively seeks to direct attention away from the correct ones rather than go to so much trouble to only wind up saying "I got nothing".

-G
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Imperium »

EP, if my posting gimmick is making the game not fun for you, let me know; I've been having a ball with it but it's never been my intention to make the game a hellscape for anyone regardless of my alignment.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 356, Land of Xanth wrote:There are two players I've decided that I'm absolutely against lynching d1.

-G
Dont you trust me anymore?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 367, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 356, Land of Xanth wrote:There are two players I've decided that I'm absolutely against lynching d1.

-G
Dont you trust me anymore?
It's not a matter of trust, so much as priority.

I don't have any love for the wagon on you at the moment, but I don't want to go into why just yet.

-G
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

Vax, look at your ISO.

Why should I actively object to your death?

-G
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Good point, I need to step up my game

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I fianlly found who claimed the negative town utility btw

Games played.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

Did you, now? That settles it, then.

We can't lynch Vaxkiller, everyone! He discovered something that was claimed four pages ago. That means he's confirmed town.

-G
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:38 am

Post by Kop »

UNVOTE: Drealmerz

Don't actually think he's scum now, over reading the pages leading to my vote. Definitely looks like a disgruntled VT.

Reading back.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:44 am

Post by Kop »

In post 273, Land of Xanth wrote:Wheme I'll give you the day to see if you keep your promise.
VOTE: Kop
I need you to talk to me about the game and take stances instead of putting drealmerz at L-1 in a really oppertunistic manor because quite frankly I expect more from you.
Who is your strongest townread and why?
Who are you scumreading and why?
-Ali
I was scum reading Drealz at a point, but now that I read back over the bickering, the whole point of my vote is stupid and weak. I actually believe his claim because it does look like a frustrated townie, not well handled I agree but the emotion and frustration in his posts are giving me a impression that he is town.

Town reads right now would be LoX and Drealz, the whole back and forth spells tvt for me, however I could easily been drawn in to believing that you's (LoX) are town based on meta from playing with yourselves in previous games.
In post 290, Vaxkiller wrote:I've played with cop scum before (as scum myslef) and he usually pretty lurky, also, he doesn't like to talk to his scum buddies in game.

Catching up now.
I'm not a high poster in either alignment. I think you've only played one scum game with myself?
In post 336, Hiraki wrote:Willing to bet money that one of Errant or Land of Xanth is scum. Both votes are bad just one is scum though.
In post 57, Froggaphant wrote:Also the mod clarified the thing from our PM. It'll make sense later
I don't like that you announced this.

I agree with 59 to an extent. Dreal is pushing on nothing in 58 but I don't think it's intended to be scummy - if that makes sense.

Dreal's vote on Land in 65 is NAI. Could be a move, could be arrogance, not very indicative of either.

66 is making me feel good about Errant being the town in the TS pair in the beginning.

I don't like Frog's explanation later on but I will drop that for now. I do have to admit that I don't know why Frog is trying so hard on Dreal. I would like to enjoy being healthy so I am fully admitting that I'm skipping 104's garbage to stay that way. Tunnelvision is on so hard.

132 has a point but I don't care too much for it. If anyone would be objective in looking at the game from either role, it'd be Dreal. Remember - this is the person pushing that a slip in 58 (I'm not getting into the argument that he didn't officially declare it a slip and therefore it cannot be one)
In post 176, Land of Xanth wrote:That's right, run away little boy.

-G
What's the probability that he's just lying to one-up you and not make himself look bad? I think that falls more into a dreal playstyle than anything.

I understand the conversation taking place in 203 over the "RVS" vote but I think it is really useless and pointless.
In post 227, Errantparabola wrote:whemestar did good i think. you did okay whemestar i'll sheep you for now
Really?
In post 299, WhemeStar wrote:Welcome to the game. Hiraki
TY.

Reads-list:

1. drealmerz7 - Leaning town
2. Imperium (hydra of Nachomamma8 and Tammy) - Town
3. Vaxkiller - Scum
4. WhemeStar - Leaning town
5. Froggaphant (hydra of Fro99er and Bellaphant) - Null (sorry, can't really get a read atm)
7. Land of Xanth (hydra of Alisae and -Grey-) - Null
8. Kop - Null
9. Errantparabola - Leaning scum

Post-re-read thoughts:

The wagon on Kop is really garbage. I don't think his vote was great but I would like him to actually read the game / admit that he won't read the game before voting him. Seems very opportunistic. Would much rather wagon on Vaxkiller where I'll be voting. I hate that Errant is on this wagon but I'll work with this.

Vote: Vaxkiller

You'll also note that I have a lack of quotes (I did and wanted to check why) near the end of the game - same with analysis. This is due to Imperium posting which if you read makes sense. Not sure what LandGrey is talking about last page.
I only skimmed the back and forth of Dre and LoX and It looked like Dreal was coming off worse in the whole argument that he resulted into throwing insults into it. But looking back over it again, I think it's putting down to pure frustration. I don't think he's scum based over the whole back and forth, it just could have been worded differently and handled better.

VOTE: Vaxkiller

You need to step up your game, it shouldn't really be taking LoX to say something for you need to do it.

I agree my game at the minute, is appalling but RL has been a bitch this week and left me with very little personal time.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”