Micro 706: Restrictive Mafia (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Antihuman
Antihuman
Goon
Antihuman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by Antihuman »

Hi. I have 8 posts today so unless the mod wants us to break the game, it's surely randomized.
I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum and think N_M's actions are towny (as in: come from a relaxed town perspective). Surely he must be aware of the consequences his behavior would net him, considering how serious people are gonna take every single post. I doubt scum would put themselves out there like that.
I'm wary of Edos' premature assessment of Gin's alignment. I've seen scum start off with strats, allowing them to safely ride on the early towncred almost as often as town so I wouldn't say this is AI.
However, let's go with it ftm. I'll try to sort Edos, Umlaut and ZZZX.

8-1=7
I'm an alt
Antihuman
Antihuman
Goon
Antihuman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:03 am

Post by Antihuman »

Ok so I had all this typed up on my mobile yesterday but I lost the progress and ragequit. Here's the gist of it:

Spoiler: Answering questions towards me
In post 10, Umlaut wrote: I would also like him to explain any particular reasons he has for choosing those three players.
Edos cause I've played with him a long time ago and he was obvtown, wanna see how this compares
Similar case with Umlaut, seen his scumplay
ZZZX I vaguely recall playing with but can't really remember when and I wanna get to know him better. However, now that the game's moved forward, I don't think it's necessary to focus strictly on these people.
The player I've shared most games with is Lycan but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to sort him right away. He's a better player than I'll ever be.
In post 11, Prof Hamm T Smiggles III wrote:@Antihuman do you have experience playing with NM? If so, what here makes you think his behavior is towny?
I've seen him around but I don't recall any games I've been in with him together.
I had a slight townlean on his entrance but of course that's prone to change if he refuses to contribute later on. I dislike policy lynches and he strikes me as a Transcend-like type of player, meaning he likes to troll around a bit but puts in effort when needed. I may be wrong, in which case feel free to correct me.
In post 14, Socrates wrote:
In post 8, Antihuman wrote:Hi. I have 8 posts today so unless the mod wants us to break the game, it's surely randomized.
Mind explaining this?
Sure. The mod has stated that post count
may or may not be randomized
. I've seen that Gin has 12 and I have 8 so he's either scum who knows for a fact it's randomized (he wouldn't out it otherwise and I guess the mod would confirm it for mafia if asked) or he's a townie, in which case I know there can be a varying number within one faction.
In post 17, ZZZX wrote: Yo, Are you the same anti?
I believe I've played with you on another account so you may be mistaking me with Antihero.

Ok reads time

Spoiler: Gin
As I've said, I'm not fond of TRing players just cause they post strat stuff but after re-reading Gin's welcoming post, I really like the part about creating associatives and I doubt scum would push that agenda. Sure, associatives can be faked but eventually
somebody
will slip. Plus he pushed the game forward (albeit it's moving slowly but that suits me) so I thank him for that. Also I really dig his push on Lycan.

Spoiler: Edos
His vote on N_M looked like reaching for a low-hanging fruit and his comment about N_M not contributing as much as he should seems overzealous to me, like an attempt at gaining early towncred. He may just be a meticulous person though. Like his remark about Lycan (again). Overall, he's within my ok-zone.

Spoiler: N_M
I think I've said all there's to say ftm. I don't wanna lynch him yet but I'm not gonna tolerate refusing to contribute as the game goes on. One thing I don't like about his style of posting is he'll run out of posts soon and then will have to be excused. Scum can just rely on night kills. I'm also wary of people willing to policy him cause scum often look for a cop-out when they can't make a solid case on anybody. You can just say "I wanna lynch him cause he's negative utility"and nobody can blame you for that.

Spoiler: Umlaut
Like how he called Edos out on his Gin read cause I felt the same way. His "prod-post" is ok, seems like he's trying to analyze players' motivations.

Spoiler: Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
Again, agree with her stance on Edos, like her remark about not wanting to limit herself to 3 players. Not because it's something worth of a TR in itself but because she seemingly wants to go against the tide if it suits her and I like the fact she's not planning on blindly sheeping current 'meta'.

Spoiler: Socrates
I didn't get his vote on me at first but now that he's explained, it's fine. He has similar thoughts about Gin's opening, his comment about looking at Umlaut's hands is also aligned with my views on this whole policy lynch thing. I
love
his PSA. It may seem obvious after reading it but I hadn't really thought about it before he wrote it. Got a towny impression from him overall.

Spoiler: ZZZX
Overall meh posting. If I had the most suspicious person on that N_M train, I'd point to him. His wording about "wasting his post to vote" sounds really off, like he actually thinks N_M is likely town but is willing to agree to the policy lynch anyway.

Spoiler: Lycan
A pretty underwhelming entrance. The Lycan I know is a fairly good town player and an average scum player so I've got tipped off from the getgo. For now I think he's just finding his ground here so I'd like to see more from him before I judge. I don't get his vote on Edos cause I didn't find contradictions between his agreement on cutting off RVS and voting N_M.

VOTE: ZZZX I feel like this is the best place for my vote for now.

7-1= 6
I'm an alt
Antihuman
Antihuman
Goon
Antihuman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Thu May 04, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Antihuman »

In post 40, Not_Mafia wrote:ZZZX grandstanding and playing on us being familiar with each other is scum ZZZX, lynch Edo tomorrow
So you thought Edos was ZZZX's partner and now that he flipped town you still wanna unconditionally see Edos dead?
Seems like a setup, especially that Lycan was in a weak position and the only reason to kill him over more prolific players was to make Edos look bad.
This also could mean there's scum between widely townread players, in which case my gut says Socrates.

VOTE: N_M
I'm an alt

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”