Micro 702: Matrix 5 | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:52 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Hello newbies, and welcome to Newbicro 702! Since I am the oldest player in this game by joindate I will assume the role of IC in the game.
Spoiler: IC post
First, go and read the rules.
Secondly, come back.
Now, there are two main premises of Mafia as town; looking town and lynching scum. To do the first just act naturally and don't omit too much information THAT IS NOT ROLE-RELATED to the town, like your thought processes and reasons for voting a player. To do the second, just play through and think "what would a mafia do?"
I'm not going to give advice to Mafia because;
a) I can't be bothered
b) It would basically be against my wincon and
c) it would be too much effort.
Also we wagon in RVS.

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
For making a RVS post that didn't a) include a vote or b) set up my opening post
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 13, oldwino wrote:First, Hello. Glad to be here.

Second, since this isn't a newbie game, and there is no formal, official, genuine IC, I reserve the right to disbelieve anything a self-designated IC proclaims to be truth. However, if I ask for advice, I expect to be told the truth, but probably won't believe the answer anyway.

@Mario, what's that 'best town performance' award? Is that self-awarded, or what? I've been wanting to ask ever since I saw your avatar. And I'd like to earn one myself someday. How do I do that?

And because I promised myself a while back I'd do this, I rolled some dice and it came up 5, so
VOTE: Loopdan
Hi Loopdan. You're 5th on the initial 'vote status' list. LQ is 5th on the player list and already had votes.
Nah, I don't really have that ego. It's an award that you get when you play in a game, usually a Large Theme, as part of a town that is considered to have the best performance. The way they judge this is that you are nominated for a scummy (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70016) and judges go through the nominated games that people put forward over that year.
tl;dr i got carried

Also, I'm not really pretending to be the IC, it was just a RVS joke.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 17, oldwino wrote:Thanks. Never heard of the 'scummies.' Will read when I have more time.
Please pretend to be the IC. That could be fun. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun! I might still ask questions and then we can all guess if you're telling the truth (not required of a 'pretend IC') or not.
VOTE: oldwino
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 20, oldwino wrote:That was fun. Guess I should shut up for a while.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a town reaction.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:31 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 23, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 21, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 20, oldwino wrote:That was fun. Guess I should shut up for a while.
I'm pretty sure this isn't a town reaction.
Don't be stupid, he hasn't done anything AI yet.
I disagree.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:59 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

My reason for voting for oldwino in the first place was that he was trying to distract from scumhunting. I get that you want to have fun but that's an activity you can do in places like MishMash rather than in the middle of a mafia game. It was a weak read but it became stronger once he responded because;
a) when he came to the thread and saw he was being voted his first reaction was to sit back and not post
b) I was thinking that he was trying to almost buddy me a little and I thought that if this wasn't true, and he was being friendly and legitimately just wanted to chill he would have confusion as to why I voted him, as from his point of view I had done nothing wrong.
I think we've got all of the reactions we probably can out of him though and it's time we moved out of RVS.
So on this topic;
@oldwino why did you post "and he gave what, to his way of thinking, was a valid reason." when I didn't give any reason at all?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 42, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 40, MarioManiac4 wrote:My reason for voting for oldwino in the first place was that he was trying to distract from scumhunting. I get that you want to have fun but that's an activity you can do in places like MishMash rather than in the middle of a mafia game. It was a weak read but it became stronger once he responded because;
a) when he came to the thread and saw he was being voted his first reaction was to sit back and not post
b) I was thinking that he was trying to almost buddy me a little and I thought that if this wasn't true, and he was being friendly and legitimately just wanted to chill he would have confusion as to why I voted him, as from his point of view I had done nothing wrong.
I think we've got all of the reactions we probably can out of him though and it's time we moved out of RVS.
So on this topic;
@oldwino why did you post "and he gave what, to his way of thinking, was a valid reason." when I didn't give any reason at all?
Don't know that I like you hiding your motivations.
:shrug:
It was probably the best way to end RVS.
Apart from disliking the oldwino wagon what are your thoughts so far?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 47, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 46, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 40, MarioManiac4 wrote:My reason for voting for oldwino in the first place was that he was trying to distract from scumhunting. I get that you want to have fun but that's an activity you can do in places like MishMash rather than in the middle of a mafia game. It was a weak read but it became stronger once he responded because;
So on this topic;
:shrug:
It was probably the best way to end RVS.
Apart from disliking the oldwino wagon what are your thoughts so far?
I think you are the Scummiest so far because I think you could be fake Scum hunting.
Why? Gut?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

@oldwino: Why do you think that a quicklynch would happen at the start of D1? (I didn't really mean to end your fun, but you wanting to do it in a mafia game sounds suspicious. If that's a game you would enjoy doing, check out the MishMash forums. You can start a thread there to play games that aren't Mafia.)
Also, can you explain your mindset when you posted a bit further? I get that it was part of your RVS. However, you said that my vote was a signal to start scumhunting, but you made two posts not scumhunting which doesn't really fit with what you are saying.

@Firescreamer: It may only really pressure newer players, but I expect most players to give some sort of response to their wagon, especially if it looks semi-serious (like when I changed my RVS vote which indicated I had something stronger than it) and wagons that obviously won't lead to lynches can still get some reactions. The results can be misleading but it gets us out of RVS fast.
Who's scum?

@Loopdan: I don't think I'm actually getting heat for my vote? LQ doesn't like it but he's not even voting me and nobody else has called it suspicious. If Firescreamer had put oldwino at L1 I probably would've ignored it. I was waiting for more reactions from oldwino. L-1 might sweeten that but it wouldn't affect my play there.
Who's scum?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 26, Tenshii wrote:Then how was wino's reaction AI?
In post 103, Tenshii wrote:No. He didn't scum claim. I'm just voting him because I can.
*slowly claps*
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:17 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 69, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 68, FireScreamer wrote:Though give me the old razzle dazzle on it if you like
Although I have been accused of starting RVS to hard too fast, I feel MM puts more emphasis on the fact that he is playing true to self in the way he is taking the game seriously rather than saying that the primary reason for why he is doing what he is doing is to get out of RVS. His last post is out of RVS and he is still using RVS reasoning. That's what I don't like about MM.
I don't know why you expect me to have great reads on page 3.
oldwino's posting was an excellent tell for page 1 and you have yet to clearly address why you think the reasoning I have provided is invalid.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 108, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 107, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 69, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 68, FireScreamer wrote:Though give me the old razzle dazzle on it if you like
Although I have been accused of starting RVS to hard too fast, I feel MM puts more emphasis on the fact that he is playing true to self in the way he is taking the game seriously rather than saying that the primary reason for why he is doing what he is doing is to get out of RVS. His last post is out of RVS and he is still using RVS reasoning. That's what I don't like about MM.
I don't know why you expect me to have great reads on page 3.
oldwino's posting was an excellent
tell for page 1
and you have yet to clearly address why you think the reasoning I have provided is invalid.
Oldwino has still played pretty scummily and I'm still waiting for my points to be answered.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I'm tempted to vote tenshii though.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:59 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

My main issue with Tenshii at this point is that he likes to demand explanations from others but he's stuck in RVS when we should at least be attempting to move far beyond that stage.
I'm not even sure why Lickety has all of this hate in him for the oldwino wagon. It certainly didn't do this game any harm and arguably got it off to a jumpstart.
Oldwino, it isn't really about questions, it's more like people were refusing my case on you but nobody had actually bothered to point out why it is so ineffective.
You say that my point on distracting in RVS is bad (which it largely is) but I'm not really sure where you're coming from and it makes me doubt the rest of your posts. Not being able to draw anything from RVS posts is clearly a fallacy though. Since at the start of the game there is no information, all posts are RVS. Because, according to your logic, you can't draw anything scummy from RVS posts, games are in RVS forever. But I can largely accept the rest of your refutations as largely accurate and I don't really think you're scum anymore. On an unrelated note, "inactivity is somewhat suspicious" is probably not going to go places 99% of the time.
Players like Toto and Tenshii often avoid posting early D1 so I expect them to come into their element later today.

UNVOTE:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:41 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:37 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I don't see how BTD taking things too seriously is indicative of alignment here although I want to see more posting from him before I judge it.
I still don't like Lickety/Oldwino interactions. Lickety criticises me in for hiding my motivations but five pages later he is very keen on doing so. I still don't know why he thinks oldwino's response to pressure was as good as he seems to think.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:04 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 169, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 168, MarioManiac4 wrote:I don't see how BTD taking things too seriously is indicative of alignment here although I want to see more posting from him before I judge it.
I still don't like Lickety/Oldwino interactions. Lickety criticises me in for hiding my motivations but five pages later he is very keen on doing so. I still don't know why he thinks oldwino's response to pressure was as good as he seems to think.
I read his emotions as true. Hard to make emotions like that look believable. Take in contrast your pounding on your chest. It makes it look like a bluff.
I... didn't really do anything of the sort? ok i guess?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

i'm currently reading
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:22 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

my reads are complicated and they aren't really strong enough to do anything with.

Lickety feels strange; posts like feels scummy because of the motivations behind it; the only reason you would say "also if you lynch me ur retarded" would really be out of anger, but I really don't feel like Lickety is really feeling very emotional here. I'm sure he's experienced two votes on him before, even for a bad reason. And it's
conditional
; like, if he was frustrated he would post something like "Everyone who has voted me is an idiot", "The case on me really is shit." or "Toto and Firescreamer, what the hell are you doing?" He wouldn't be fustrated at the entire town for an act of lynching they hadn't engaged in yet. And as town it offers no real logical purpose; it makes people enjoy the game less, and won't help lynch scum at all. Whereas as scum it could be a play aimed at getting town off his trail because they subconsciously don't want to deal with it (yes, this does happen) or because they didn't want to get insulted or look like an idiot if they were missing something, etc. I dunno, maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on one post, but it really doesn't feel right. His RVS compared to how he's playing now
still
feels bad, because he IS still hiding his motivations from the Town and I have no idea why he said he didn't like people doing that in the first stage and is now doing it all over the place.

On the other hand I really don't like Penguin either. You come in and quote some posts, say it isn't your catchup but twelve minutes later it is, and tenshii is scum for hopping all over the place because he doesn't find anything scummy? I get holding him to higher expectations later, but it really feels like "I don't want to give a scumread because there's no-one I can frame but I HAVE to do it so I'll just quickly vote Tenshii"

So yeah, I'll wait a bit before voting on this one.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:03 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 242, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 241, MarioManiac4 wrote:my reads are complicated and they aren't really strong enough to do anything with.

Lickety feels strange; posts like feels scummy because of the motivations behind it; the only reason you would say "also if you lynch me ur retarded" would really be out of anger, but I really don't feel like Lickety is really feeling very emotional here. I'm sure he's experienced two votes on him before, even for a bad reason. And it's
conditional
; like, if he was frustrated he would post something like "Everyone who has voted me is an idiot", "The case on me really is shit." or "Toto and Firescreamer, what the hell are you doing?" He wouldn't be fustrated at the entire town for an act of lynching they hadn't engaged in yet. And as town it offers no real logical purpose; it makes people enjoy the game less, and won't help lynch scum at all. Whereas as scum it could be a play aimed at getting town off his trail because they subconsciously don't want to deal with it (yes, this does happen) or because they didn't want to get insulted or look like an idiot if they were missing something, etc. I dunno, maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on one post, but it really doesn't feel right. His RVS compared to how he's playing now
still
feels bad, because he IS still hiding his motivations from the Town and I have no idea why he said he didn't like people doing that in the first stage and is now doing it all over the place.

On the other hand I really don't like Penguin either. You come in and quote some posts, say it isn't your catchup but twelve minutes later it is, and tenshii is scum for hopping all over the place because he doesn't find anything scummy? I get holding him to higher expectations later, but it really feels like "I don't want to give a scumread because there's no-one I can frame but I HAVE to do it so I'll just quickly vote Tenshii"

You didn't even mention maker in this post...
I don't really have a strong opinion on maker. Like, his "vested interest" in not getting lynched goes on to the point when he isn't really scumhunting and defending himself instead which is bad, but otherwise he looks pretty null.
I'm waiting for a decent scumread which I think is noticeably more scummy than everyone else.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:07 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 245, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 244, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 242, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 241, MarioManiac4 wrote:my reads are complicated and they aren't really strong enough to do anything with.

conditional
still

You didn't even mention maker in this post...
I don't really have a strong opinion on maker. Like, his "vested interest" in not getting lynched goes on to the point when he isn't really scumhunting and defending himself instead which is bad, but otherwise he looks pretty null.
I'm waiting for a decent scumread which I think is noticeably more scummy than everyone else.
Why didn't you talk about maker when asked about it?
I just did?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

It may well happen by itself. I've made my points. I'd like LQ to explain the post he made but that felt like it was somewhat self-evident? And why do you expect me to be making scumreads that I don't have because it could be viewed as scummy.

VOTE: PenguinPower

Finish catching up please.

pedit: I... didn't actually see that.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

you tried
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

we don't lynch toto.
he might be scum. whatever. One thing I will say is that jailkeeper shouldn't "protect" toto if it exists. Anyone else is fair game.
Now making motivation readings
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Alright so if Toto is scum they cannot have a Roleblocker and there was a 33% chance of tracker not being counterclaimed. Toto was under minimal pressure, but he DID seem to overreact to LQ's vote, so perhaps he was more nervous than he may seem.
At the same time Jailkeeper jailing Toto is a terrible play because it makes both of our power roles pretty much useless. Doctor is on Toto. Jailkeeper isn't.
If we lynch scum today than Jailkeeper should have a
conditional
target, like, I dunno, Tenshii. Or otherwise penguin.
No more setup talk should be done here. We still have potential for scumhunting here.
-------------------------------------------
Why Tenshii is trying to solve this with a chainlynch is completely beyond me because our PR's likely won't carry us through this game unless we lynch a mafia roleblocker today.

Penguin has posted. Unfortunately he has decided scumhunting is a bad idea. That said I'm not sure how likely it is that scum comes and pushes neither of our wagons. He seems far keener to post random setup things (Not even formulating his own, just dismissing those of others.) than actually post anything of substance, though.

Firescreamer is too focused on Tenshii's shenanigans at this point. He's acting unreasonable and therefore unreadable. Which is exactly what makes him a good tracking or jailing target. His vote on LQ really doesn't feel right. Toto makes a case, asks Lickety to explain what he said, and FS jumps on it why? Like, instead of thinking LQ is scum, it feels like he wants a substantial target there.

@Lickety; can you explain please.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Tenshii vs Firescreamer, looking back on it, is a terrible argument and also basically unreadable because all Firescreamer is doing is pushing on Tenshii for doing absurd things and all Tenshii is doing is absurd things. Neither helps town.

We really don't need to look at probability. Percentages are misleading and won't matter. A nice gimmick for the dead PT but not much more. Instead we should be discussing "what is scum Toto's MOTIVATION to do this" of which there is very little.

It's probably time I condensed my reads into a list.
{Toto}
{Oldwino, LicketyQuickety}
{Firescreamer, Tenshii}
{Loopdan}
{Penguin, maker}

My views on maker and loopdan aren't really well documented and also should be.
maker is that kind of guy where you look at him and think, "cool. so where's the hunting at?" He defends himself plenty, but he doesn't show any signs of wanting to find mafia movitation; like, he makes a few posts saying "yeah oldwino isn't that town all all" which is fair, and he says "You aren't giving any reasoning!" It's like he wants to feel protown, calling out things townies are doing that aren't protown (in the "good play for town" sense) but when people do give reasoning he refuses to do anything with it. He's willing to defend himself, sure, that's good for town, but it isn't good that he became obsessed with it. I don't really feel like town would lose sight of their actual goal here, to lynch scum? It's hard to explain, but town's main priority is to lynch scum, and with a shortage of time they usually ask and follow up on questions to do so. With scum it's not so, and it feels like maker's putting defense and destroying reads on him over creating correct reads and actually getting a lynch on mafia.
When maker does make a post, it doesn't really feel right either. He isn't taking context and the actual play into consideration, because if he did he would know that Tenshii doesn't post seriously, it feels more like that desire to be seen trying to do something, to be seen scumreading someone, after people calling him out; and he's putting that over getting actual reads. Maybe this is all just me being dumb, idk, but I do think maker has a good chance of being scum here.

If maker is town here I would want him to start looking at posts in their context and analyzing their motivation in context with the thread. I would also want him to explain why he has not been trying to do this up to this point.

Loopdan has been coasting for the entire game at this point. Nobody's been pushing him and he's comfortable. His only reads have been shallow; Toto was never propelling the game forward prior to Makergate, just basically messing around. His read on maker wasn't even a read. The only actual thing he said was "This guy said that I was probably sheeping X" which a reasonable assessment to make off a blankvote after someone's case. I don't really see his point that it assumes his alignment; when you say things like that it is generally inclusive of the view scum could be pretending to do this. Again I don't really see any desire to find and catch scum in this, only picking out random things that aren't scummy and saying that they are, although this is a lot less applicable than with maker.

I could go into that amount of detail on Penguin but it'll mainly be what I've been saying about Loopdan and Toto. Penguin has been making setup posts, but his mind is completely absent from scumhunting. Tenshii was an easy vote for what was essentially no reason and he has not said anything relevant since, just messing around with "you're making so sense."

Also tenshii needs to start stepping it up, ESPECIALLY when D2 rolls around
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:40 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 365, Tenshii wrote:
In post 342, Toto wrote:Who was the scum(s) on my wagon: lq, fs, wino or maker?
FS + maker.
In post 361, MarioManiac4 wrote:Also tenshii needs to start stepping it up, ESPECIALLY when D2 rolls around
Who cares? I found both mafia. Let's BTD.
Convince me.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 370, Tenshii wrote:
In post 368, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 365, Tenshii wrote:
In post 342, Toto wrote:Who was the scum(s) on my wagon: lq, fs, wino or maker?
FS + maker.
In post 361, MarioManiac4 wrote:Also tenshii needs to start stepping it up, ESPECIALLY when D2 rolls around
Who cares? I found both mafia. Let's BTD.
Convince me.
TRs and PoE
why do you townread the people you do, then
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:49 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 378, Tenshii wrote:
In post 376, MarioManiac4 wrote:why do you townread the people you do, then
G U T
You have hereby failed to convince me.
Please start not making an active effort to be unreadable
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:59 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: Maker

I'll put this here.
I don't think Tenshii's deductions are correct but I'm also not convinced he's scum ftr
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:02 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 385, Tenshii wrote:By that logic Maker is town!
It's less about that you scumread maker (which I do agree with) but more like your reasoning and your Firescreamer read.
I have made my position on maker fairly clear I think.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:05 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

There's also the fact that you townread people I scumread.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:30 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Oldwino is old enough to read the thread.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:01 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Why are you discrediting oldwino so much?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 397, Tenshii wrote:Also 394 isn't discrediting him
Then what is it? Last time I checked, you had a townread on the guy.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #35) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 399, Tenshii wrote:I'm admiring his position in the game?
yeah that's really weird but whatever.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (isolation #36) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 401, Tenshii wrote:Ur weird.
ik.
but seriously it makes no sense that you would just admire a random hammering position, which let's not forget is ENTIRELY conditional on a Toto vote and he might not want to hammer yet anyway, which may lead to a wagon diffusing, etc.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #37) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:20 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 403, Toto wrote:All my townreads are voting Maker and all my scumreads are voting Tenshii. Something is wrong
maybe that's because
maker is scum
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:33 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Oldwino may be new but he seems sensible enough to put thought into the decision.
people are too worried about new players in general.

@pedit: that would be this viewtopic.php?f=53&t=64492
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 472, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 470, Toto wrote:But if it's any help I'm known for outing other PRs as town and tunneling the shit out of them when they softclaim. (ask penguin)
I didn't soft claim. Don't bring that up.
Yeah so are you going to, like, analyse something?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

The thing is if Tenshii actually powertunnels Toto D2 he will probably get powerlynched.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Firescreamer, who's scum? :P
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:27 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Alright.
VOTE: Loopdan
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:27 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Just look at Loopdan's ISO.
He was
ridiculously
content with the gamestate yesterday and cruised by.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:55 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

And also there was at least one scum off Tenshii.
They wouldn't attempt to lynch what they thought was a jailkeeper.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:58 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 425, ThinkBig wrote:
Official Vote Count

Tenshii
(4): PenguinPower, FireScreamer, BTD6_maker, LicketyQuickety
BTD6_maker
(4): Loopdan,
Tenshii, MarioManiac4, Toto

Not Voting
(1): oldwino

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-05-03 14:59:12)
(I've coloured myself green. That's for my own convenience. Feel free to ignore it.)
We have at least one scum in Loopdan and oldwino. Considering the latter's utter lack of dedication yesterday I wouldn't even be surprised if it was both.
But yeah, Loopdan is scum. Feel free to vote him.
/out
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #46) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:03 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 530, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 425, ThinkBig wrote:
Official Vote Count

Tenshii
(4): PenguinPower, FireScreamer, BTD6_maker, LicketyQuickety
BTD6_maker
(4): Loopdan,
Tenshii, MarioManiac4, Toto

Not Voting
(1): oldwino

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-05-03 14:59:12)
(I've coloured myself green. That's for my own convenience. Feel free to ignore it.)
We have at least one scum in Loopdan and oldwino. Considering the latter's utter lack of dedication yesterday I wouldn't even be surprised if it was both.
But yeah, Loopdan is scum. Feel free to vote him.
/out
Fixed quote mess.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Also.
I'm individually townreading most of the players on the Tenshii wagon anyway.
So really I only want to lynch within {PP, Loopdan, oldwino} in forever.
If PP is town he needs to come in and give some solid opinions.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 533, Loopdan wrote:I agree that it's time to hear from PP.
It's also time we heard from you.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:10 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 535, Loopdan wrote:
In post 532, MarioManiac4 wrote:Also.
I'm individually townreading most of the players on the Tenshii wagon anyway.
So really I only want to lynch within {PP, Loopdan, oldwino} in forever.
If PP is town he needs to come in and give some solid opinions.
Why isn't FS in your lynchpool?
Because he looks town.
Admittedly he is the weakest read of anyone outside of that pool.

I'll ask again. Please don't evade the question this time.
Who is scum?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (isolation #50) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:14 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Actually scratch that
@ {PP, Loopdan, oldwino}:
Who is scum?
Why are they scum?
What are your thoughts on the dual town wagons of yesterday?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #51) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:31 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I would honestly do no such thing.
My suspicion of you has nothing to do with any votes you made. I can't even remember my RVS case on you because at a point near the start of day I dismissed it.
Your hammer post, was really off. is also bad. And your tone is generally not great. There's also a fact that unlike most players in this game you have literally done nothing to merit a townread.

Your second paragraph there is really melodramatic. The bit about PP is just... bad. Like, why are you gut-townreading PP? His tone is crap and he's avoiding scumhunting; what has he done to merit any sort of gut-townread?

You've left one question unanswered. What is the basis of your scumread on Loopdan?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #52) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:32 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Like I could see oldwino with either Loopdan or PP at this point.
But that read on PP makes me really afraid it's actually oldwino/PP and if we lynch loopdan it will be LYLO tomorrow.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #53) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:33 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Firescreamer of all the posts you could make right now that was probably one of the worst.
Try contributing some scumreads, maybe. Or even give a vote.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #54) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:41 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

why does nobody else read the thread at night ;-;
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (isolation #55) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:58 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Has your read on Firescreamer advanced since three hundred posts ago?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #56) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:07 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Like, what you said about Firescreamer COULD be right. Or he could just have changed because he thought maker was scummy and you're confbiasing.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (isolation #57) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:47 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Yeah. This game has had a general lack of people explaining their reads. I'm not sure FS is scummy for it though; I'll let him explain but I do have a thesis for what it could be.
How do you feel about Loopdan?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (isolation #58) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:51 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

If PenguinPower comes into this thread and posts anything that isn't a readslist that involves critical analysis, we should lynch him today.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (isolation #59) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Yeah, Firescreamer just feels town.
I'd be happy if we started getting some activity in the voting department. Talk all you want but the only thing the mechanics recognise is a vote.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #60) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Scum probably thought that Tenshii was the Jailkeeper.

I'm glad you're voting, LQ, but this isn't a good one. What is the scum motivation for Toto to just wildly claim Tracker, a role that had a 66% chance of being CC'd, at L-2? His play makes sense for PR as well.
I feel like unless I turn out to be very bad this is going to be almost autowin. Loopdan is most likely to be scum and my vote reflects this but I feel like we need to lynch PP today because if Loop was town we'd be in lylo with PP.

Pedit: Why not both?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:09 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 567, LicketyQuickety wrote:Toto said it could be a gambit. What motivation is there for him to say that?
I have an idea but that is a question you should be asking Toto, not me/FS.

Pedit1: At least Loopdan is posting and asking questions even if they are scummy.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 571, LicketyQuickety wrote:And If I am going to make a fake claim as Scum, I would claim Tracker.
Sure. That's irrelevant though. There was no need and no scum motivation for him to do it.
It's
possible
he is scum but it's unlikely.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 576, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 574, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 572, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 571, LicketyQuickety wrote:And If I am going to make a fake claim as Scum, I would claim Tracker.
Sure. That's irrelevant though. There was no need and no scum motivation for him to do it.
It's
possible
he is scum but it's unlikely.
Yes. There is perfect motive for Scum to make that play. IF Town CC's then Toto can just say "it was a gambit"
Toto gets lynched if he tries that every time.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #64) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Firescreamer is town.
I can feel the town.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (isolation #65) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:22 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 579, LicketyQuickety wrote:My lynch pool looks like this:

Loopdan
PP
wino (because he is making excuses for being Scummy)

I quite agree.

This is the play for today. If he doesn't do anything we make him do something. And I STILL don't want to be in LYLO with the guy who won't post his reads or analyse posts.
He's also scummy by PoE and the fact that he HAS been here but refused to actually scumhunt.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (isolation #66) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 582, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 578, MarioManiac4 wrote:Firescreamer is town.
I can feel the town.
You are making me uncomfortable
Nice. There's really no reason for that though. I did not have a strong townread on you. Now I do. That post is a reflection of that.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #67) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 585, FireScreamer wrote:As an aside I think this game has at the very least already done it's job in regards to telling us if this is a solution to matrix 6. I'm pretty convinced that it isn't. As Toto explained the tracker is still heavily incentived to claim day 1, the game then becomes about the day 1 claim. It also creates the possibility that I talked about where scum in a double goon setup could make the negative EV tracker claim and get massively rewarded for it, which I think is a play pattern which I don't want to encourage in new players.
Is it just me or did Toto actually misplay by revealing D1? (assuming he is town ofc)
We can talk about this postgame i guess.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (isolation #68) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:32 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 588, FireScreamer wrote:No reason we can't talk about it now. It's relevant to what is going on.
It really isn't.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (isolation #69) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 594, Toto wrote:I want to see more scumhunting and critical analysis from Wino, PP and Loop. .
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (isolation #70) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:06 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Hello PenguinPower! I noticed you were online!
Could you give your reads and the reasoning behind them please?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #71) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:18 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

yeah we can lynch penguinpower at any point!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #72) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:56 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 247, Toto wrote:
The problem is that
Penguin, Loopdan and Oldwino
are not doing shit.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (isolation #73) » Mon May 01, 2017 3:57 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I mean I'm being harsher in here than I should be and want to be.
But we're not going to win this game without some significant contribution by the one of those three who is town.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (isolation #74) » Mon May 01, 2017 4:04 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 601, FireScreamer wrote:
In post 600, MarioManiac4 wrote:I mean I'm being harsher in here than I should be and want to be.
But we're not going to win this game without some significant contribution by the one of those three who is town.
I dont understand that thought process. Why wouldn't we? Like it would be nice but if you are 100% sure two of them are scum then we have the time to lynch all three.
I mean we could chainlynch the three of them but that ignores the possibility of Toto being scum or you/LQ fooling me (and I guess the same could go from me to you.)
If you believe that we should chainlynch them, why not vote PenguinPower?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (isolation #75) » Mon May 01, 2017 5:10 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 559, MarioManiac4 wrote:If PenguinPower comes into this thread and posts anything that isn't a readslist that involves critical analysis, we will lynch him today.
Reminder.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (isolation #76) » Mon May 01, 2017 7:02 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

hello oldwino.
I noticed you were online.
I would like you to proceed with giving reads and placing a vote.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (isolation #77) » Mon May 01, 2017 7:35 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

FTR I'm scumreading in you three largely because Firescreamer, Lickety and Toto are all town. There's also the fact that you have done pretty much nothing town the whole game in contrast.
I don't nitpick at everything you do. That's blatantly not true. I wasn't even scumreading you until the start of today. I was on Maker's wagon. I was wrong. I can be wrong. Hell, I AM wrong, not all of you, Loopdan and PP can be scum. But I really don't get the feel you are town when you post things like this. I get it with FS, I get it with Lickety and I get it with Toto. But you're just stating random things and saying you are afraid to contribute because of it. Town!oldwino doesn't need to be afraid to contribute. Town!oldwino should get out and contribute. As an example, I have voted two people today that aren't you, yet you accuse me of tunnelling you. How does this make any sense? (it doesn't)
I'm not scumreading anyone for low activity ftr. I'm scumreading Loopdan for being here but coasting, I've been scumreading PP for being here but refusing to actually scumhunt. Those aren't really "low activity."
Really all I get from 609 is that you haven't read the thread. ~(:_:)~
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (isolation #78) » Mon May 01, 2017 7:37 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

One of the biggest issue with not being able to townread you, oldwino, is how much you prioritise defending yourself.
There was really no need for you to comment on my read on you at all there. Instead of commenting on scum, you comment on a tunnel that really doesn't exist at all. You are verily able to scumhunt here but you don't and you're going to have to eventually.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #79) » Mon May 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I promise you oldwino if you present your scumread and why you think they are scum it will help the town win condition no matter who it is.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (isolation #80) » Tue May 02, 2017 4:40 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I'm not sure how to explain my feelings on Loopdan's post. It's like, almost shallow, like he was making reasons to fit the reads.
Does anyone else see it?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #81) » Tue May 02, 2017 5:24 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

LQ read is a big one. It's like, "I think Toto is town. LQ made a push on Toto. Because I don't think this is a good move, x conspiracy theory may have happened" and it isn't even a read really. I can see scum struggling to give a read on LQ here.
And his reasons all seem weak, like he's trying to give justifications where he doesn't have any. Firescreamer's wagon switch read is an example.

This is why I said I couldn't really put it into words, lol
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #82) » Tue May 02, 2017 10:56 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

What I don't get is that a lot of oldwino's posting feels like we are reading different games.
Like, asking for Loopdan's opinion instead of other people's because he feels like Loop's opinion is worth more- he states his reasoning for this is that he doesn't trust town because there were 2 town wagons yesterday (not sure why this is supposed to be so damning), but Loopdan was basically only posting to support the maker lynch anyway.
I feel like his perceived confbias and tunnelling coming from me to him is non-existent. He made it clear that he is basically referring to me whenever he says things like "others do (have confbias) and I don't trust their reads", "login police are watching", "some egos are more important than their wincons", "I'm doing my best not to vote you", "Right now if I vote I vote you because of your confbias reads on me" and "Don't let your egos and enthusiasm get in the way of your wincon" all of which I think is largely inaccurate.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (isolation #83) » Tue May 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 655, oldwino wrote:
In post 650, MarioManiac4 wrote:What I don't get is that a lot of oldwino's posting feels like we are reading different games.
Like, asking for Loopdan's opinion instead of other people's because he feels like Loop's opinion is worth more- he states his reasoning for this is that he doesn't trust town because there were 2 town wagons yesterday (not sure why this is supposed to be so damning), but Loopdan was basically only posting to support the maker lynch anyway.
I feel like his perceived confbias and tunnelling coming from me to him is non-existent. He made it clear that he is basically referring to me whenever he says things like "others do (have confbias) and I don't trust their reads", "login police are watching", "some egos are more important than their wincons", "I'm doing my best not to vote you", "Right now if I vote I vote you because of your confbias reads on me" and "Don't let your egos and enthusiasm get in the way of your wincon" all of which I think is largely inaccurate.
I asked for his opinion because he promised it and hadn't given it yet. Everyone else except PP (and me, since my last 'catchup post' with my town and scum leanings listed) has given opinions and participated. Loopdan promised and hasn't delivered.

My strategy of being patient, starting with my implied if not stated criticism of Toto for claiming early, for the 'early' L1 wagons on Tenshii and Maker, and the L1 wagon on PP for non-participation - when his play was out of character for anyone - seems to be a better strategy than MM's 'shoot first and see what comes out of the trees' strategy. Yeah, I am referring to you with my criticism. But it's your playstyle I don't like, I don't think it's helped town yet. It's not necessarily scummy, but I haven't seen any positive results yet, just negative ones. My criticisms are not inaccurate, if you look at your results so far. You could be scum leading town and maybe you are Loopdan's partner, but for now, he's more scummy than you.
What? Now you are just misrepping what we are doing completely. Like, you referred to Loopdan as a player you want more from because with the duel town wagons, you don't trust this town. You don't think it's helped town yet, sure. (I'm not even playing nearly similarly as I did in D1 anyway.) But with Firescreamer, LQ and Toto town, scum is within {you, PP, Loopdan} and you're not doing a very good job at convincing anyone that you are town.
What are the negative results of my playstyle anyway? And what makes you think you are justified to really attack it at all?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (isolation #84) » Tue May 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

@oldwino;
Longer days are not always better. Sometimes, they blow out all of town's momentum and bore everyone in the game, making them lose interest.
Deadlines are a suggestion, not a rule! If we are ready to move onto Day 3, we should move onto Day 3. I do agree this day has some more life in it, though. No intent to hammer has been stated so I'm not sure what your issue is. Leaving wagons to deadline, on the other hand, can be largely dangerous and result in compromise lynches of town.

We are not lynching PP for lurking as you seem to suggest. We are considering lynching him because the content of his posts are heavily shifted towards empty setup maths rather than trying to find the scum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Can you explain how I am showing this here?

Perfect scum games happen all the time. I've been on the good end of one of those despite being mediocre at scumplay. 7:2 is biased towards Mafia and there are plenty of ways that you could lose to scum by chainlynching Town.

Despite me being on the receiving end of your backlash it seems that you agree with me. Which is somewhat nice.

People HAVE unvoted PP. I am the only one who hasn't, looking at the voting.

The wagon was orchestrated by LicketyQuickety and I because PP has been here and has done things, just not useful ones at all and dodged questions. Firescreamer then voted it up once more to L-1. It's really not all that big of a deal.

It really feels like your play today is more wired towards winding people up than actually finding the scum.

I will now take a moment to refute your points on my play;
a) "others (MarioManiac4) do have bias, and I don't trust their reads."- Why do you feel like I have bias? I haven't scumread you since RVS. I came into it during D2 for completely different reasons which you have ignored, like you think "THEY ATTACK ALL OF MY POSTS" is a valid substitute for "they scumread me because they find my posts scummy. Loopdan's reads would be no better than mine in this regard because he was full-out tunelling Maker by the end of the day.

b) "login police are watching"- I did this twice. Once for you and once for PP. I feel like this is justified, though; you were online and willing to be on MS so you could have given your scumread while there, right? Same with PP.

c) "some egos are more important than their wincons"- You'll have to explain this one for me. I don't really have an ego nor have I been exerting one in this game.

d) The posting where you made it sound like it was my fault if you voted me because with my confbias tunnel you had no choice, right?! But I haven't tunnelled you and I have no confbias on you.

What is interesting is your posting on Loopdan. "lack of meaningful posts" does strike a chord. But depending on how you develop the read it may mean different things.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #85) » Wed May 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

wino's post looked good on a glance but really it is mostly appealing to emotion where there isn't and never was any reason for all of the "emotion" he is having today. For example, he says "he'd rather play a game with no PRs at all!"- this in particular seems like a mistake on his part because PRs have had no impact on the game on his lynch. In the end we may lynch him today but I don't want to do so yet.

UNVOTE: PenguinPower

This is still probably scum, but I want to give his replacement time to catch up. If you're reading this game right now and aren't playing, come and replace him-- we need a hero over here :)
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (isolation #86) » Thu May 04, 2017 3:59 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

We still have 10 days left. If for some weird reason we choose to NOT lynch oldwino, we don't need his claim.
4 days is enough to build a valid counterwagon if he is Jailkeeper.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #87) » Thu May 04, 2017 4:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 705, FireScreamer wrote:Are we going to accomplish anything in 10 days? Or are we going to wait for 8 days and then lynch Oldwino?

I'd have already hammered by now.
We are going to accomplish PenguinPower being replaced, the replacement catching up, and then discussing that.
Right now though I do agree this is a dead day.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (isolation #88) » Thu May 04, 2017 6:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

that's not so helpful
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (isolation #89) » Thu May 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: Donald Trump

I am not counting this vote as either a vote or an unvote
Last edited by ThinkBig on Fri May 05, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #90) » Thu May 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Hello Vijirada!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (isolation #91) » Thu May 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

toto pretty much stated intent
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #92) » Thu May 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Vijirada's contribution here is vital so don't lolhammer guys
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (isolation #93) » Fri May 05, 2017 4:18 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

trying to interpret my posts in the scummiest way you can doesn't help you to catch scum Vija

pedit: ehhhh? I don't believe I'm voting oldwino and toto isn't voting me?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (isolation #94) » Fri May 05, 2017 4:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

the post vija brings up in particular (the wall vs oldwino) is terrible in particular
I don't think it even reads like he knows who I'm responding to
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (isolation #95) » Fri May 05, 2017 4:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

LQ and FS are fairly obviously town. So is Toto. That's where my main pool of {oldwino, Viji, loop} came from.

Now we can move oldwino into the town bracket... the game is pretty much solved for me.
VOTE: Vijarada
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (isolation #96) » Fri May 05, 2017 4:56 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

It's not. I never voted oldwino. Toto never voted me.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (isolation #97) » Fri May 05, 2017 4:58 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Also Vija's claim he would go for the town of the old lynchpool is not true at all. It would get him to survive today at best.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (isolation #98) » Fri May 05, 2017 5:30 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

similarly to firescreamer, his posts feel town.
I'm more likely to be wrong on him but I still don't endorse his lynch in any way.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (isolation #99) » Fri May 05, 2017 5:46 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Toto if you're scum I'm not going to be happy.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (isolation #100) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:01 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I can see that too.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (isolation #101) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:05 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

...Aren't you supposed to know there's a Mafia Roleblocker?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (isolation #102) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 264, oldwino wrote:You're only at L2. What???? Are we even supposed to believe you?
does this come from the jailkeeper?
In post 538, oldwino wrote: And my gut says PP is town, even though I don't like his play and agree with MM that PP's lack of play is scummy, as is my own and Loop's lack of play. But that's my gut read of PP, nothing logical or analytical. I'll look at him more critically later.
this is pretty horrific tbh
if oldwino flips mafia goon (and oldwino is 99% flipping mafia goon) vija isn't completely out of the picture
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (isolation #103) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:14 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

we are going to lynch oldwino or lickety today.
and i don't want to lynch lickety.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #104) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:21 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I was more referring to "Are we even supposed to believe you?"
You later said that you were in fact previously scumreading PP despite him seeming town to you earlier. Can you try to explain what may have caused your gut townread on PP?

pedit: bad guess
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (isolation #105) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Yes. I read the sample Role PMs, and they can.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #106) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

so assuming we lynch winowinorino and he flips mafia goon, we probably have {me, FS, LQ (Confirmed), Vija, Loop} in 4 v 1.
I like those odds.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (isolation #107) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:33 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

@oldwino; this isn't matrix6, it's matrix5 and it's not even in the newbie queue so he has some reason to ask
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (isolation #108) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:38 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 794, Toto wrote:
In post 791, MarioManiac4 wrote:so assuming we lynch winowinorino and he flips mafia goon, we probably have {me, FS, LQ (Confirmed), Vija, Loop} in 4 v 1.
I like those odds.
Yeah, if LQ is mafia though, and you are his partner, now you have an excuse to be alive at 3-man lylo. I don't like those odds.
but LQ is unlikely to be mafia (see: survivalism comment d1, his dismissal of oldwino claiming JK) and I think I'm quite obvtown here

pedit: well from a wino!town POV everything lq does is scummityscummityscum
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #109) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:43 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 797, oldwino wrote:
In post 784, MarioManiac4 wrote:I was more referring to "Are we even supposed to believe you?"
Same answer - Both parts of my reaction to Toto's claim were a knee-jerk, amazed and puzzled over why a PR would claim at L2, and unhappy that I'd have to JK him on N1.
"Are we even supposed to believe you" feels off as a posting coming from that thought process tbh
In post 797, oldwino wrote:
In post 784, MarioManiac4 wrote: You later said that you were in fact previously scumreading PP despite him seeming town to you earlier. Can you try to explain what may have caused your gut townread on PP?

pedit: bad guess
I can't explain my gut read. That's why it's a gut read and not an analysis.
There is usually something that actually triggers your gutread that you fail to detect. I am asking you if you can go and look at PP's ISO and figure out why it gave you town feelings.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (isolation #110) » Fri May 05, 2017 6:44 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 798, Toto wrote:
In post 796, MarioManiac4 wrote:pedit: well from a wino!town POV everything lq does is scummityscummityscum
Exactly, your original criticism of his post didn't seem to take this into account.
it wasn't a criticism
it's more pointing out to the playerbase at large as to why that is not a reason to vote LQ
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (isolation #111) » Fri May 05, 2017 7:04 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

UNVOTE:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (isolation #112) » Fri May 05, 2017 7:07 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Let's say oldwino is scum for a minute.
The other players are {LQ/Toto} one of which dies, or {me, FS, Loopdan, Vijarada} and FS isn't going to be scum.
So in reality it's probably wino/Vija.

If LQ is scum, I guess maybe Loopdan?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (isolation #113) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

thank you toto for having observational skills i do not have
i did not even think of that
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (isolation #114) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:59 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Oldwino is at L-1. If you vote him, know that this will end the day.

i want something else from vija then i will probably hammer
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (isolation #115) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:02 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

What no that is bad
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (isolation #116) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:03 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

The best play is to jail Vija tonight if RB.
Here's the thing; we don't lynch Vija anyway.
Then the next night, we jail Vija again. Mafia are forced to kill, because otherwise we get a mislynch we can freely use on Vija anyway.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (isolation #117) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

:/
oldwino isn't giving out scum motivation here
if LQ is actually scum somehow I will be very sad
Although I would hammer if Vija posted
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (isolation #118) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I will be hammering soon.
Just a question; do we agree with my plan in ?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (isolation #119) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:11 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

alright. you only live once.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (isolation #120) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

no because toto!scum is the only scenario in which there may be two goons
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (isolation #121) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 861, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 859, FireScreamer wrote:If he doesn't flip Rb it doesn't matter who you jail right?
No, because we could be in B, where I am only PR.
You were town right?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (isolation #122) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:14 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

You were scum then wino? Thanks for playing!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (isolation #123) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:16 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

not really anything tbh
but there is a chance

pedit: no that isn't how it works. if there is no nightkill and oldwino flips goon, that means toto is probably the last one... right? or should we lynch outside it anyways?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (isolation #124) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:16 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Yeh we lynch vij and then jail toto once more.
that should work
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #125) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 870, oldwino wrote:
In post 866, MarioManiac4 wrote:You were scum then wino? Thanks for playing!
Wait for the flip. You never really know until then.
:P
You were fun to play with this game though. See you in another game. :)
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (isolation #126) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 872, FireScreamer wrote:That's tomorrow's problem. I don't want to do the last mafias thinking for them
We make them think our way.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (isolation #127) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

mod: if all players agree could we speed up the night possibly?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (isolation #128) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:33 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

we are all town roleblockers on this blessed day
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (isolation #129) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:39 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

guys i got it
it's actually lq/oldwino
vijarada is actually the jailkeeper but didn't read his role pm and now lq will cruise to victory
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (isolation #130) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:43 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I like how lq continues to ignore vijarada's existence completely.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (isolation #131) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:46 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I know lol
It's just continuously amusing.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (isolation #132) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:48 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 903, FireScreamer wrote:This setup is some hot garbage by the way
I mean it doesn't help that we rolled what is almost objectively the worst setup.
Really going IC -> Tracker and Tracker -> 1shotBP would be better.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #133) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:51 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

wait i need to do some bad math bear with me here
Oldwino flips Mafia Goon.

LQ jails Toto
Toto tracks Vijarada (no result)
X roleblocks Toto
X kills LQ

X cannot be Loopdan or Toto
therefore scum has to be {me, Vij, FS}
we powerlynch Vij

if this is somehow a mislynch which it isn't under this scenario

X kills Toto
X roleblocks Oldwino

then loopdan decides between me and FS. it won't come to that though
this game is solved under almost all circumstances and my earlier lynchpool was probably right. makes a change.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #134) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 908, LicketyQuickety wrote:BTW I still think its Toto.
Nah.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (isolation #135) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

If toto is scum he may as well claim because it's over for him in that case.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (isolation #136) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 913, FireScreamer wrote:It's almost certainly just PP
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (isolation #137) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

But that doesn't mean we throw a game in autopilot.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (isolation #138) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 916, FireScreamer wrote:Thanks for solving the game guys. All I did was lolhammer and get universally townread on my lowest effort game I've ever played
Yeah, thanks lq!
(btw if this is the lowest effort game you have ever played your effort rate far exceeds mine.)
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #139) » Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 917, Toto wrote:Wow, everyone is town telling so hard, it's almost as if we are in twilight.
When lq/fs/mm are talking, expect towntells :P
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (isolation #140) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Effort as a whole is very directly linked to engagement in a game however much we want it to be otherwise.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (isolation #141) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 922, FireScreamer wrote:I miss the chickarita avatar
So do I!
Annadog made a dare to change it to this, lol. I change it back tomorrow. So for the rest of this autopilot game, you may enjoy the best pokemon in existence!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #142) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

lol, it hasn't been long, don't berate the mod. Besides, this is now a cool and awesome thread without the toxicity that usually plagues mafia!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (isolation #143) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 926, LicketyQuickety wrote:Actually, wino claiming JK is the best thing that could have happened for Town. Ironic, isn't it?
to be honest if scum really is vij it never would have mattered anyway
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (isolation #144) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 928, FireScreamer wrote:Easy there Alanis
JokeExplainBot needed
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #145) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 930, FireScreamer wrote:I'm just goofing off
aren't we all?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (isolation #146) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:14 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I wish I was as well-cultured as LQ then lmao
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #147) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:19 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Guys can somebody explain the joke?
I am very "slow."
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #148) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:20 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 938, MarioManiac4 wrote:Guys can somebody explain the joke?
I am very "slow."
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #149) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:21 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

thank you toto you partial god
now can somebody explain why morissetta is relevant?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (isolation #150) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

oh i get it
because lickety said ironic
and that's the song
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (isolation #151) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 70, LicketyQuickety wrote:But if MM is town, it will be apparent relatively quickly.
(this isn't scumhunting but it's just a question)
how did you know I was going to obvtown this game? I hardly ever obvtown.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (isolation #152) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:27 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 948, FireScreamer wrote:When you have good friends
Like Toto. :wink:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #153) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:33 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Hey guys I have a theme song for this game.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (isolation #154) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:38 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Hey now
you're the scum goon
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (isolation #155) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:39 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

get your BS on
go plaaaay
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (isolation #156) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:40 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 958, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 956, MarioManiac4 wrote:Hey now
you're the scum goon
Dang, was hoping for a kodak moment there.

You should have said "get your game on"
Hey now
you're the scum goon
get your game on
get lynched
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (isolation #157) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:41 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

somebody once told me
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (isolation #158) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:43 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

it's a townsided game
and then you get townier
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (isolation #159) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

but vijarada begs to differ
judging by the vote at the end of his posting
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #160) » Fri May 05, 2017 10:58 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

my game's on fire, how 'bout yours?
That's the way I like it and town will never get bored
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (isolation #161) » Fri May 05, 2017 11:02 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

oh boy is ThinkBig in for a surprise!
(hey now, you're a scumstar
get your game on, don't stray)
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (isolation #162) » Sun May 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

GUYS DON'T LYNCH TOTO.
IF HE WAS SCUM HE WOULD HAVE CLAIMED. AUTO IT.
I'M ON PAGE 40. I HAVEN'T READ BUT DON'T DO IT.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (isolation #163) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Oh we're lynching vij.
Yeah I'll hammer when he has gotten his actual analysis out of the way. "It's not me so it must be toto!" is bad AF.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (isolation #164) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

That's intent to hammer Vijarada.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (isolation #165) » Sun May 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

FireScreamer you're not scum right?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (isolation #166) » Sun May 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Why would FS not kill though? I could only imagine Vij playing that
Not to mention he's been obvtown the entire game.
It has to be Vij.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (isolation #167) » Mon May 08, 2017 4:57 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

FireScreamer is just too obvtown4me and Vij is scummy af.
I'm going to wait for Loopdan to check in and then I will bring the hammer.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (isolation #168) » Mon May 08, 2017 5:46 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I'm waiting for Loop to post his final comments in case he is nightkilled.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (isolation #169) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

He could still post some thoughts before we end the day.
Why do you want me to hammer this badly
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (isolation #170) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:23 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1059, FireScreamer wrote:Oh why are we even playing like we have a jailkeeper then
toto
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (isolation #171) » Mon May 08, 2017 6:24 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

[quote="In post 1061, FireScreamer"][/quote]
I'm not setting up on you.
At least not any more than you are on me.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (isolation #172) » Mon May 08, 2017 7:05 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: vij
Yeah. I can't see Firescreamer as scum.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (isolation #173) » Mon May 08, 2017 7:22 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

oh my god
i won a game
and my d2 reads were
right
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (isolation #174) » Mon May 08, 2017 7:22 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

gg oldwino and viji and pp and fellow townies! I should probably make that ICposting thread in MishMash :p
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #175) » Mon May 08, 2017 7:41 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

let's go, matrix6 -> backup6 -> Fn6
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (isolation #176) » Mon May 08, 2017 7:59 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

firescreamer and lickety both were great hunters (lq especially) and were very obvtown
toto's tracker claim was clever and he had accurate reads as well
maker had a good run (rip)
tenshii baited the nightkill well
loopdan was quite accurate for a lot of the game

oldwino was very good for his first game as scum and there was a time where I townread him quite a bit
vij replaced into a hard situation and was great to the mod after n2

you're all great :)

pedit: rb/tracker/goon looks really townsided to be honest.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (isolation #177) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

[quote="In post 1081, FireScreamer" Played bad,got rewarded[/quote]
this isn't true
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (isolation #178) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1082, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 1081, FireScreamer wrote: Played bad,got rewarded
this isn't true
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (isolation #179) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:06 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

three scum pr's vs 6 vts? really does sound townsided
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (isolation #180) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:09 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1086, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 1079, MarioManiac4 wrote:firescreamer and lickety both were great hunters (lq especially) and were very obvtown
toto's tracker claim was clever and he had accurate reads as well
maker had a good run (rip)
tenshii baited the nightkill well
loopdan was quite accurate for a lot of the game

oldwino was very good for his first game as scum and there was a time where I townread him quite a bit
vij replaced into a hard situation and was great to the mod after n2

you're all great :)

pedit: rb/tracker/goon looks really townsided to be honest.
It's probably scumsided before the first scum lynch and Townsided after that. Maybe it is overall Townsided, but I was trying to make something similar to Tracker/Doc/Goon without Follow the Tracker. Are there any other ideas for potential roles that could replace RB?

I could swap Doc and RB to avoid two Townsided setups. Is Follow the Tracker much of a problem?
no not at all. follow the tracker is balanced i think.
i briefly considered messing around with useless scum roles/rolecop but p. isn't worth it in a newbie
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (isolation #181) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:10 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

wow i'm sure glad aristophanes appreciates my comedic brilliance <3
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (isolation #182) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

>mafia roleblocker lynched d1
>rip setup A mafia goon
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (isolation #183) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:12 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

even a mafia rb would have a hard time with those two :p
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (isolation #184) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

and how would you resolve a rb/jk/rb triangle also?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (isolation #185) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:15 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Is this the part where I remind everyone that watcher is a bad role?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (isolation #186) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

who did you want to lynch s_s? just curious
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #187) » Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1100, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1099, MarioManiac4 wrote:who did you want to lynch s_s? just curious
I remember not liking you :shifty:
I don't think this is indicative of my alignment :P
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (isolation #188) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:33 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 465, Tenshii wrote:If Toto + oldwino is the scumteam then I will eat a hypothetical brick.
Toto you dissapoint me by being town.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #189) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Is it just me that is signing up for all of the matrix6 variants?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (isolation #190) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:42 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1109, FireScreamer wrote:Me too. also the shitposting in day 2 twilight was some of the most fun I've had on site
Same!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #191) » Mon May 08, 2017 9:43 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

So far:
Matrix5
Backup6
FN6
RB6
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (isolation #192) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:28 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

yeah as i've said you all played really well. i think the mini-townbloc that emerged between me/lq/fire helped town a lot because it really narrowed down the lynch pool.
This game is also a perfect example of why townblocs are at their best when they emerge naturally and are not forced.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (isolation #193) » Mon May 08, 2017 10:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Join the dark side LQ.
In for all of the matrix6 variants.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”