Micro 714: Vengeful Mafia Modified #4 [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed May 17, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: Something_Smart
Only scum would have such a foolproof plan!
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Wed May 17, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Draynth »

UNVOTE: Something_Smart

Not comfortable having him at L-1 right now

VOTE: Transcend
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Wed May 17, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Draynth »

UNVOTE: Transcend
I've been bamboozled

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Wed May 17, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Draynth »

Mostly because it seems redundant to allow a lynch to take place when only 3/5 players have even posted. There's nothing wrong with a game being fast but everyone should at least be allowed to take part

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #4) » Wed May 17, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Draynth »

Although now that I think about it it would require another person to post unless SS were to hammer himself which seems unlikely

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 18, Transcend wrote:i tr you both

zzz
well that settles it then, BTD and Hiraki are confirmed scum

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Draynth »

zzz
In post 20, Hiraki wrote:
how do you TR Something??? draynath i get but something???
In post 19, Draynth wrote:well that settles it then, BTD and Hiraki are confirmed scum
o-o-o-o-oh uhh-uhh-uhh o-o-o-oo-oh no....fuck BTD...h-h-h-h-how w-w-w-were we cau-u-ught so q-quickly? h-h-h-have I fa-fa-failed you???

I TR Draynth btw, no chance in hell I'm OK with that lynch for post 8; could've easily done that and left
why do you both townread me? How do you know I'm not scum trying to fool you both early in the game?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Wed May 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 22, Hiraki wrote:
In post 20, Hiraki wrote:I TR Draynth btw, no chance in hell I'm OK with that lynch for post 8; could've easily done that and left
you literally quoted it
Oh right, dunno how I missed that

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 29, Transcend wrote:because i think he's town and i don't like the way you've posted so far
Mind elaborating?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #9) » Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 34, Draynth wrote:
In post 29, Transcend wrote:because i think he's town and i don't like the way you've posted so far
Mind elaborating?
On both points that is.
Specifically, why do you think Something_Smart is town?
What don't you like about the way he's been posting? Why does this fact lead you to believe he is scum?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #10) » Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 36, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 5, Transcend wrote:VOTE: ss
From reading what has happened, something seems to be at least a bit suspicious. Transcend's naked vote on SS, which was L-1, seems to be essentially a White Flag Gambit. Such a gambit can easily be performed by scum, as
at that stage Transcend could easily be Townread and there would be very little chance of the lynch actually going through
Mind explaining the bolded part? It was his first post, how would he be townread?
In post 36, BTD6_maker wrote: Transcend could also self-vote and know that they are highly unlikely to be hammered. For this reason, Transcend/SS looks like a likely pair.

Perhaps we could try the pairing method.
Transcend/Draynth
SS/Hiraki
I like the part about the self vote. If transcend is scum, then they are either going to be hammered by their scum partner (earning them credibility) or a townie who will inevitably be screwed after that.

I don't understand 'the pairing method'. You say that Transcend/SS is a likely pair (I'd like more on that please) yet you also say that Transcend/Draynth is a thing?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #11) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:01 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 38, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 37, Draynth wrote:
In post 36, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 5, Transcend wrote:VOTE: ss
From reading what has happened, something seems to be at least a bit suspicious. Transcend's naked vote on SS, which was L-1, seems to be essentially a White Flag Gambit. Such a gambit can easily be performed by scum, as
at that stage Transcend could easily be Townread and there would be very little chance of the lynch actually going through
Mind explaining the bolded part? It was his first post, how would he be townread?
In post 36, BTD6_maker wrote: Transcend could also self-vote and know that they are highly unlikely to be hammered. For this reason, Transcend/SS looks like a likely pair.

Perhaps we could try the pairing method.
Transcend/Draynth
SS/Hiraki
I like the part about the self vote. If transcend is scum, then they are either going to be hammered by their scum partner (earning them credibility) or a townie who will inevitably be screwed after that.

I don't understand 'the pairing method'. You say that Transcend/SS is a likely pair (I'd like more on that please) yet you also say that Transcend/Draynth is a thing?
If Transcend is scum, they really do not want to be hammered. If scum is lynched on Day 1, they lose.

The pairing method is basically this:

I divide the other four players into two pairs, and if we lynch a Townie in one of the pairs they kill hte other member of the pair. For example, if we lynch you and you are Town, you would shoot Transcend by this pairing method.

The aim is to get the scum team in two different pairs, which guarantees that even if we mislynch a Townie outside a pair they will kill scum so we don't instantly lose.
Hmm, thanks for explaining

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #12) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:03 am

Post by Draynth »

BT6, what are your reads so far (if any) on SS and Hiraki?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #13) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:24 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 42, BTD6_maker wrote:SS is a weak scumread, but this read is mostly contingent on Transcend being scum.

Hiraki is very weak Town, but more due to the way Transcend is voting him without reasons. I think that if Transcend/Hiraki was the scumteam, Teanscend may have been more likely to vote second, to make it a more visible White Flag Gambit.
I want to come back to this later, but noted for now.

@Something_Smart, who do you think are the scum pair and why?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #14) » Thu May 18, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 44, Something_Smart wrote:Hiraki pings me
what do you mean by that?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #15) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 46, Transcend wrote:VOTE: btd6
Is that an OMGUS vote or an actual vote (I'm not asking for your reasoning, just that you have some)

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #16) » Thu May 18, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 48, Transcend wrote:Posts are weird

Pre flip associations are bad

Don't think they're genuine
Interesting, I was thinking the same thing.

Even if BTD is town (right now I don't think he is) it's still a tossup as to whether this 'pairing method' works or not. There's a 50/50 chance of getting 1 scum 1 town on each team, and 2 scum / 2 town respectively (If BTD is town).

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #17) » Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 50, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 49, Draynth wrote:

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing.

Even if BTD is town (right now I don't think he is) it's still a tossup as to whether this 'pairing method' works or not. There's a 50/50 chance of getting 1 scum 1 town on each team, and 2 scum / 2 town respectively (If BTD is town).
There is actually a 2/3 chance of getting 1 scum and 1 Town in each pairing. This gives us a 1/2 chance of winning instantly, and if we don't win instantly we have a (1/2*2/3*1/3) chance of winning with 1 scum and 1 Town in each pairing, which is a total of 11/18. (1/2 for lynching Town in one of the pairings, 2/3 for each pairing having 1 scum, and 1/3 for winning the subsequent LyLo).

By the way, I normally post in a more formal manner than most people, which some people read as "awkward".
Yeah you're right, I forgot about the other unique 1/1 pairing.

My issue is that this whole pairing method depends on you being Town, making all points relating to this moot in terms of reading you. That leaves you with your arguement for voting Transcend, which to me, feels overeager at this point in the game.

My other concern, if you are indeed scum, is that your partner is in the SS/Hiraki pairing, and by trying to force a lynch on Transcend you're basically guaranteeing a win since by the method, Transcend would have to shoot me.

I dunno, the whole thing feels very forced. why settle for playing the numbers when we're not even 24 hours into the game, when you can push people a bit and see what happens.

FOS: BTD6

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #18) » Thu May 18, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 20, Hiraki wrote:
In post 19, Draynth wrote:well that settles it then, BTD and Hiraki are confirmed scum
o-o-o-o-oh uhh-uhh-uhh o-o-o-oo-oh no....fuck BTD...h-h-h-h-how w-w-w-were we cau-u-ught so q-quickly? h-h-h-have I fa-fa-failed you???
In post 28, Hiraki wrote:caught, gg btd, we tried so hard :'(
These 2 almost seem like he is trying to Buddy BTD. Admittedly the first one is kind of passable since I was being sarcastic though.
Still noteworthy IMO.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #19) » Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 56, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 45, Draynth wrote:
I didn't like how he was discrediting Transcend's townread on me.
Fair enough

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #20) » Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Draynth »

@Hiraki what do you think of the suspicion against you, and who do you think are the scum?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #21) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 60, Hiraki wrote:
In post 54, Draynth wrote:These 2 almost seem like he is trying to Buddy BTD.
it would be nice if you gave the full context to the second quote which was transcend literally saying:
In post 27, Transcend wrote:he isn't town
so yes my response should sound sarcastic and weird because it is a response to a baseless accusation
That's not what I mean. You buddied up to BTD despite the fact that Transcend didn't mention him at all.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #22) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 66, Something_Smart wrote:Yes, that's exactly right. To disagree with something that you don't understand, without trying to understand it, is discrediting.
I disagree with this.

If a scientific paper / study is discredited, it means that it has been proven to be false, not that someone went 'I don't think he's right and I don't care what evidence he has'.

Does that make sense?

Also pretty sure Hiraki was being sarcastic again in his last post, which is becoming increasingly annoying

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #23) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 56, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 45, Draynth wrote:
I didn't like how he was discrediting Transcend's townread on me.
Do you see this as an inherently scummy thing to do?

I don't see any scumtells here - maybe 2 but I don't think anyone is voting based off of pre-flip associations. Not to mention, you've played with BDT before, no?
He's not saying that people are voting based off them, he's saying that saying that x person is scum because he thinks y is scum is a bad thing to do before anyone has flipped.
In post 58, Draynth wrote:@Hiraki what do you think of the suspicion against you, and who do you think are the scum?
current order is:

SS, BDT6 = Transcend, you
Are you saying you think the pair is either SS / BDT6 or Transcend / Me?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #24) » Fri May 19, 2017 1:34 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 70, Hiraki wrote:
In post 69, Draynth wrote:Are you saying you think the pair is either SS / BDT6 or Transcend / Me?
I'm saying that SS is scum and I have to sort out Transcend and BDT6.
Ah, I see what you meant
In post 69, Draynth wrote:He's not saying that people are voting based off them, he's saying that saying that x person is scum because he thinks y is scum is a bad thing to do before anyone has flipped.
I understand what he's saying. The point is that he's not voting off of them which would actually be scummy. He's being BDT6 and preposturing. I think Transcend even realizes this once he changes his read.
What are you talking about?
In post 67, Draynth wrote:You buddied up to BTD despite the fact that Transcend didn't mention him at all.
Yeah, I'll throw away the running gag based on who I'm talking to - seriously?
This sarcasm thing you have going on really isn't helping your case

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #25) » Fri May 19, 2017 1:43 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 72, Hiraki wrote:
In post 71, Draynth wrote:This sarcasm thing you have going on really isn't helping your case
I'm not going to change my playstyle. If you want to vote me, I'll shoot the scum for you.
This has nothing to do with playstyle, it makes you seem like you're not bothered actually making a valid argument since you just play it off by being sarcastic.
In post 72, Hiraki wrote:
In post 71, Draynth wrote:What are you talking about?
I'm talking about the pre-flip associations. Don't know how I can make that any clearer.
You're saying that Transcend is wrong to scumread BTD6 for 'not voting off of pre-flip associations.' . Am I right or wrong with that understanding?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #26) » Fri May 19, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 74, Hiraki wrote:
In post 73, Draynth wrote:You're saying that Transcend is wrong to scumread BTD6 for 'not voting off of pre-flip associations.' . Am I right or wrong with that understanding?
You are correct. There is no valid reason to SR someone for conjecture only if they act on said conjecture.
Isn't he though? The pairs he made were 1)Transcend / Me 2) Something_Smart / Hiraki.

At the time BTD6 townread me, therefore by his pairing method (ie. pre-flip association) he thinks Transcend is scum. He votes him, ignoring the other pair entirely.
His White Flag Gambit point is shaky at best, so his main reasoning must be this pairing.
In post 74, Hiraki wrote:
In post 73, Draynth wrote:This has nothing to do with playstyle, it makes you seem like you're not bothered actually making a valid argument since you just play it off by being sarcastic.
I'm arguing with you no?
How on earth do you argue with someone who says "you're doing X" when you're CLEARLY not doing it and whatever your doing (i.e. asking a question) has literally ZERO scum implications?
Do you just tell him nicely that he's wrong or do it my own way? I'll pick the latter tyvm
Bolded is irrelevant, I'm not talking about your argument with Something_Smart
In post 67, Draynth wrote:You buddied up to BTD despite the fact that Transcend didn't mention him at all.
Yeah,
I'll throw away the running gag based on who I'm talking to
- seriously?
BTD hadn't made a single post at this point.
The first post you mentioned BTD was talking to me, the second was talking to Transcend.
Scum have day talk, what's the likelihood this was a scum slip?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #27) » Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 76, Hiraki wrote:
In post 75, Draynth wrote:BTD hadn't made a single post at this point.
The first post you mentioned BTD was talking to me, the second was talking to Transcend.
Scum have day talk, what's the likelihood this was a scum slip?
What??????????? You literally said - AS A JOKE - the following:
I then CONTINUED the joke by saying that me and BDT were caught scum once Transcend's reasons for voting me became:
In post 27, Transcend wrote:he isn't town
I don't even know HOW you can say that I scumslipped by saying someone else's name when YOU were the one who implied, AS A JOKE, that scenario in the first place.
Overall it just seems weird how much you wanted it to seem like you were joking. It just seems forced is all.
In post 76, Hiraki wrote:
In post 75, Draynth wrote:Bolded is irrelevant, I'm not talking about your argument with Something_Smart
Then what are you talking about? Because now this is starting to get both annoying and dumb.
I'm talking about the fact that you've been sarcastic in virtually every post you've made so far, but as you said earlier it's just your playstyle so whatever I guess.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #28) » Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Draynth »

@BTD6, what are your thoughts at this point in the game, ignoring your pairing method?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #29) » Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Draynth »

EBWOP: Excluding, not ignoring*

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #30) » Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Draynth »

@Transcend, what is your case against Hiraki and why should we think he is scum?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #31) » Fri May 19, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: BTD6_maker

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #32) » Sat May 20, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 90, Transcend wrote:
In post 84, Draynth wrote:VOTE: BTD6_maker
No

Not today
Reasoning behind the disagreement? What exactly about his play so far reminds you of the time you correctly townread him?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #33) » Sat May 20, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Draynth »

I guess, my concern is that A) I don't like using someone's meta, I think it's too easily manipulated and B) Both that game and his points this game have been statistically based, not necessarily based on scumhunting. In my opinion this is quite easy to replicate given it doesn't matter who the players are / what their playstyles.

My overall reasoning behind voting BTD6 is twofold.
1) His pairing method conveniently clears him of being scum if we are to use it. It feels like he is trying to lead the town on a merry chase while staying out of the spotlight himself.
2) He has only been posting when he directly is asked a question / is pressured. However, with that being said, he has since declared V/LA so I'm not sure what to make of this part right now.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #34) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 97, BTD6_maker wrote: I can understand the joke about "caught btd" but on reading again it seems slightly suspicious that he made it twice, as if he is trying to make too much out of it, reacting particularly strongly to a joke. This pings me slightly but I may be reading too much into this (as I may have been with seeing White Flag Gambits in the first few posts). Based on that, this is very weak but it is worth remembering in the future. I will say more later.
I look forward to this.
In post 97, BTD6_maker wrote: By the way, Draynth, I can understand what you mean about being suspicious of the pairing method. I suppose it does indeed work better the Townier the person making the pairing is (if Town makes pairings it benefits Town but if scum makes pairings is benefits scum). I suggested it because I know I am Town (and when it was developed, it was always the person who proposed the method who would exclude themselves) but ideally it would work best when done by someone who is Townread by everyone. In that case, everyone seems to Townread you so if you were pairing, who would you pair?
Ultimately the issue still remains that you 4 have no idea if I'm simply manipulating you by using numbers to trick you or not.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be this simple and I just list two pairs and we vote someone and that settles it, but I think it would be unfair.

The game has drawn to a standstill because SS/Hiraki are arguing over a point which is fundamentally useless to argue over, and Transcend / BTD6 are pretty much only responding when they are specifically referenced (With the exception of Transcend's post(s) a day or two ago) although BTD6 is V/LA so it's understandable. I'm not gonna call people out for lurking when they've got stuff going on IRL.

I'm going to post a full readslist and I want people to engage with it; tell me if they agree and why and if they disagree and why.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #35) » Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Draynth »

Spoiler: Transcend (Scum Lean)
Interestingly up until his most recent post, , I was nullreading Transcend. However, because of the before mentioned post, I'm now scumreading him.

So far Transcend has flip flopped between voting BTD6 and Hiraki, with no reasoning whatsoever for the latter.

He then decides to post some 'game related content' - ie. a pdodge, and tells everyone to make their minds up. Really? Transcend you have given people 0 reason to follow your vote, which is ultimately the aim of the town. For christ's sake either explain to people why you are convinced that Hiraki is scum or start questioning other people's reads. So far you have done neither.

Spoiler: Hiraki (Scum Lean)
I'm still put off by Hiraki's early game, it could simply be me not accepting that this is Hiraki's playstyle, but I can't help but see potential buddying in the opening few posts. Make of it what you will. I also don't like the constant sarcasm, but that's more anti-town than scum I guess.

Leaning scum on Hiraki atm as he has done 0 scum hunting.

Spoiler: BTD6_Maker (Null)
I actually really liked BTD's opening to the game. He critically analysed the possibility of Transcend's voting pattern at the beginning being a White-Flag Gambit or not, and then suggested the pairing method as a possible tactic to find the scum.

Transcend also correctly pointed out that BTD played a similar style of game in a town game that he played in. As I outlined before though, I feel like scum and town alike can both use statistical analysis to appear as if they are scum hunting, as it is not dependent on players / what has happened in a given game.

So far all BTD has posted about is Transcend's possible WFG and the pairing method. The former, to me, is an attempt to scum hunt, but is nowhere near enough for me to solidly town read him at this point. I await his thoughts when he returns from V/LA.

Spoiler: Something_Smart (Null)
I'm not sure on this read at the moment, I feel that the majority of SS's content has been arguing with Hiraki over the whole townread discrediting point. Perhaps I should be scum leaning SS for the same reason as Hiraki, however right now it seems less likely to me. Not sure why to be honest.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #36) » Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Draynth »

Also

UNVOTE: BTD6_Maker

FOS: Transcend

I want to vote him but don't want him at L-1.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #37) » Tue May 23, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Draynth »

Fair point, SS is a leaning scum read too in that case.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #38) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Draynth »

VOTE: Hiraki

Highly doubt scum!Transcend would gamble this hard, and SS would've hammered in this situation I think

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #39) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Draynth »

UNVOTE: Transcend

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #40) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Draynth »

Sorry, that should be

UNVOTE: Hiraki

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #41) » Tue May 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Draynth »

Hmm, I have a theory.

VOTE: Transcend

Apologies if I just lost the game, not as if people seemed overly interested in it anyway

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #42) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by Draynth »

Well that's an interesting stance for a townie to take ^

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #43) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Draynth »

Also strongly looks like a scum trying to appease townies fyi

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #44) » Tue May 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Draynth »

It's also interesting how SS doesn't even entertain the possiblitity that Transcend is Scum, it's as if he knows that the flip will be town. Food for thought

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #45) » Tue May 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 128, Something_Smart wrote:Like in all honesty I thought the team was Draynth/Hiraki and I still do but choosing between BTD6 and Hiraki would have been MUCH easier than choosing between BTD6 and Draynth.
Interesting how you thought that the scumteam was myself / Hiraki given I was your strongest townread up until that hammer.

Also interesting how you can think I'm scum over BTD who has been V/LA for the past 4 days, and who only posted 6/7 times before that.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #46) » Wed May 24, 2017 3:27 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 131, Something_Smart wrote:We've already discussed how quickhammering is a scum move.

And sounds like YOU knew Transcend was going to flip town.
What?
'It's also interesting how SS doesn't even entertain the possiblitity that Transcend is Scum, it's as if he knows that the flip will be town. Food for thought'.
I didn't know what the flip would be at this point, I highlighted the fact that you were convinced Transcend would flip Town.
In post 132, Something_Smart wrote:Please explain the hammer now.
I had a weird theory that you and Transcend were hard bussing each other. I've been playing this game like a normal game (Ie. that I'll have time to get lots of interactions / post-flip tells), where as I should be playing it purely on a 1/2 day basis. Based on that the theory seemed more likely than before, + I was tired of specifically asking Transcend to elaborate on his reads only for him to blatantly ignore me and vote himself.
In post 132, Something_Smart wrote: Can you also tell me how afraid you were of getting vengekilled? (Both before the flip and after it)
Why would I be scared?

It's frustrating that BTD isn't here

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #47) » Wed May 24, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Draynth »

Also I'm happy to Sheep Transcend's reads
@BTD6_Maker
, Let me know when you want to vote SS.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #48) » Fri May 26, 2017 1:24 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 138, BTD6_maker wrote:I am starting to suspect Draynth.

Of course, scum would quickhammer even if it gets them killed as they would do anything to avoid a Day 1 scum lynch. Scum need to take the opportunities. For example, if Draynth did not hammer (very soon after Transcend self-voted) that would run the risk of Transcend unvoting, in which case a Hiraki lynch was definitely possible. The Hiraki vote and unvote may be them just realising they can hammer, or it may be planned, to try to divert suspicion (Transcend Townread them, so even if they hammered they probably wouldn't die, and as we saw Transcend killed Hiraki instead).

Scum Draynth would be likely to pull off that hammer. I am wondering whether Town Draynth would do the same or not.
The main reason for the hammer was pure frustration towards Transcend. I voted Hiraki initially because that's who was number 1 on my lynch list, however since Transcend refused to answer any question I directed towards him I opted for the second on my list.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #49) » Fri May 26, 2017 8:36 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 140, Something_Smart wrote:I thought it was because you thought Transcend was scum with me?
That was mostly to see how you would react actually

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #50) » Sun May 28, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 143, Something_Smart wrote::igmeou:
So what did you learn from the reaction?
Not a whole lot, I mostly wanted to see whether you would flat out call it crap or if you would try to prove it was crap.

Anyway,
@BTD6_Maker

Right now I believe you to be town over Something_Smart, so what are your thoughts at this point?

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #51) » Sun May 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Draynth »

cool

BTD, If you need further convincing that SS is scum just look through his iso. After Hiraki questioned the townread that Transcend had on him at the start of the game, he hard tunnelled on him for, quite frankly, a crappy reason. Above he says that this isn't a good reason to scumread him, I completely disagree. It's too convenient.

Objectively speaking SS hasn't done any proactive scum hunting this game. He argued with Hiraki for like 15 posts and then started screaming that I was scum after the hammer; He barely commented on anyone else. He tried to pressure Transcend into shooting me even though he was being scumread by all of the active players at the time.

Anyway, take your time with this, ask more questions if you need to.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #52) » Sun May 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Draynth »

If BTD is actually scum here then I'm gonna be so sad

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #53) » Sun May 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Draynth »

UNVOTE: Something_Smart
I need to consider some scenarios and on the off chance BTD is scum I don't want to give him the chance to hammer in the meantime

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #54) » Tue May 30, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 154, Something_Smart wrote: This is all @BTD6. (I do still want Draynth to follow the last sentence of .)
I'm just going to assume both of you can find the quote above, I don't think I need to requote it.
You're right. I'm an emotional player who regularly makes rash decisions / statements when I would be better served taking my time and mulling things over. I said this when I was '100% convinced' (See quotation marks for sarcasm) that you were scum. The reason I didn't want to vote you just yet (and the reason why I quickly unvoted you a few posts later) is in case BTD is the scum and is just playing it well and letting our argument take the spotlight.
In post 154, Something_Smart wrote: First things first. It was clear that I was not ready for the day to end. I never voted once, and I never professed any strong scumreads. When Draynth quickhammered, I rushed to get in all the thoughts I felt were relevant for the immediate event, assuming that the game was not over. If it was, awesome; but if it wasn't then the path to victory had just gotten much harder. Which is why I felt (and still feel) Draynth should have been vengekilled for making such an anti-town action.
Fair enough, from my point of view it simply looked like you were trying to get me vengekilled to win the game outright(as scum)
In post 154, Something_Smart wrote:
BTD6_maker wrote:
While SS did push a known scum
, they seemed to have flimsy reasoning. This seems like SS looked specifically for reasons to push Hiraki which could easily have been faked by scum.
The second sentence does not follow from the first. The missing piece is that you are assuming that there were other more serious things that I could have pushed on, and that I picked out Hiraki's because I wanted to push Hiraki specifically. This assumption is wrong; Hiraki's post and subsequent response when I called him out on it, were the scummiest things of the game which was at that point on page 2.
The bolded strikes me as odd.
Hiraki was being scumread, sure, but he was far from being 'known scum' in my book.
Ultimately my issue with the whole situation was that you focused primarily on Hiraki without commenting on anyone else. This is a problem. The fact that Hiraki ended up flipping town makes me wary though. It means you either hit a 1/2 chance of the person you're arguing with being scum, or you / Hiraki are the scum pair and it was planned. Having never played a small game like this before I don't know which is more likely.
In post 154, Something_Smart wrote:
BTD6_maker wrote:Scum would probably not plan on doing something genuinely scummy, as then Townies may be likely to notice and lynch Hiraki. Thus SS would be looking to jump on things which aren't genuinely scummy but were planned.
I could raise issues with your claiming to know all about scum's strategy 100% of the time, but the problem here is even simpler: why do you still not think Hiraki's discrediting of Transcend's townread on me was scummy, even after knowing it came from flipped scum? And you had better not mention anything about my alignment in your answer.

Finally, I want to take a step back and look at your argument as a whole. First, it's inconsistent. You're faulting me extensively for my interactions with Hiraki without even so much as briefly commenting on Draynth's interactions with him. And the interactions that you are scumreading served to put me and Hiraki into the spotlight of the game. I reiterate this, and you're free to debate it if you want--
If Transcend had not selfvoted, the lynch would have likely gone on either me or Hiraki.
Which means that as scum, our argument is essentially a lose-lose; if enough townies take either side, we lose. The only way to win is to count on a townie doing something attention-distracting to draw the lynch. And even in that case, this scenario implies that while the two scum were fighting, all three townies ignored them and piled on a town wagon. Sure, it could happen. But it should at least be enough to reevaluate, something which you don't seem to be doing.
Hmm, I like this last paragraph.
Now I really don't know what to think.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #55) » Tue May 30, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 156, BTD6_maker wrote: At the moment, this looks like a Town-motivated post, trying to point out the flaws in the reasoning. It seems slightly more likely now that Draynth has been manipulating me into voting you, but I will analyse this later in more detail.
Manipulating? Gimme a break. One of the main objectives of this game is to convince others that your reads are correct and try to get them to follow you. Call it that if you want, it's nothing close to manipulation.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #56) » Wed May 31, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 157, Draynth wrote: Ultimately my issue with the whole situation was that you focused primarily on Hiraki without commenting on anyone else. This is a problem.
The fact that Hiraki ended up flipping town makes me wary
though. It means you either hit a 1/2 chance of the person you're arguing with being scum, or you / Hiraki are the scum pair and it was planned. Having never played a small game like this before I don't know which is more likely.
EBWOP: Bolded should read '
The fact that Hiraki ended up flipping
scum
makes me wary...
'

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #57) » Wed May 31, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Draynth »

The thing that is bothering me currently about BTD is the fact that he hasn't really commit to anything; the only time he has voted was for Transcend, and look how that turned out. He's just been dropping in every now and then to 'analyse' content, but so far he has hardly done anything with this analysis. I don't know whether this is due to his low posting style (Transcend confirmed this) or he is scum trying to fly under the radar

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #58) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Draynth »

Alright whatever, I've read this game again twice now and I still have no idea who the last scum is.
I'm a terrible late game town player, I'm just going to trust Transcend.

The above post reeks of confbias and I have no idea how to read BTD

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #59) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Draynth »

wp

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 168, Something_Smart wrote:Confbias is a towntell...
I strongly disagree

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #61) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:37 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 174, BTD6_maker wrote: Getting Draynth to make pairs was interesting. If Draynth accepted, I knew Town probably wouldn't follow it anyway, even if the pairs would hurt scum.
If Draynth refused, I could use this to Townread and essentially buddy them
while maintaining a healthy amount of Townish suspicion.
Bolded is what Hiraki was doing by the way
@Something_Smart
, nothing to do with 'partner interactions' as you put it

Anyway, this was the worst I've played in a mafia game before, sorry peoples

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”