Micro 722: Limited Time Offer! Game Over...already!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by Writers Bloque »

And that's def not all the important stuff
Show
You the dumb one... cause the same ropes I could have showed you to make it you getting hung from.

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 168, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 147, JasonWazza wrote:Why is it the first thing back you do is try and discredit the vote and not react to anything else that happened in 3/4 pages?
TR on mario is waning
^this is where sobolev agreed. i'm kinda tired rn, i'll sort edos later
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by Treblesome »

VOTE: Edosurist

Really don't like this slot now.

-C
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Treble sell me on an edos lynch. I kinda liked his opening

Mario sell me on a beeboy lynch
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

As promised here it is
Spoiler: WB
In post 223, Writers Bloque wrote:
In post 147, JasonWazza wrote:Why is it the first thing back you do is try and discredit the vote and not react to anything else that happened in 3/4 pages?
TR on mario is waning
This post is really bad. You left your read on Mario up in the air, so it reads like a buddying attempt at JW.

-Narna
I mean yeah I didn't like the fact that mario hadn't addressed the other stuff that happened during those pages, although he's definitely become more involved since. Originally I sided with Jason because I thought mario's argument was mainly directed towards Jason's initial push on him but upon revision saw that he was talking about Jason lying about what his initial push on mario was, so I changed my read.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:What you're arguing and what we're talking about aren't exactly the same though

You said we couldn't convince you our posts aren't faked.

If we can't "convince" you our posts aren't faked when that's a basic tenet of scum play then we're literally incompetent. That's what your stance has to be. Which is fine you just have to make people believe that you believe it
Okay lol then that's my stance. Like idk really what your argument is here. Is it like: 1. If SS caught me on X then that means I'm bad at X 2. I'm not bad at X 3. Therefore, SS didn't catch me on X?
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:Not really. Directly implies that scum have to play poorly for scum to be caught early game LOL
Isn't any big case at this point going to rely on scum being caught early game? And doesn't that then mean that any case at this point relies on assuming scum is playing "poorly" (in your definition)? Like again I fail to see your argument here.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:I told you "not at the start". It's what I said and what I meant. This isn't a test. It's valid. Literally my position is that's not how to enter optimally and you're trying to invalidate it.
But that's not really an answer. Like this was basically our interaction:
WB: I don't have a problem with MM4 doing X, I just don't think that he should have done it in Y way
SS: Okay what way should he have done it?
WB: I dunno, weird question, not in Y way I guess?

Can you see why this isn't really answering the question? You're just repeating what you said earlier. And my argument in was pretty simple. If timing was an issue for you then you should have a time when you would have preferred him to bring it up. Since you didn't give me a time I have to conclude that you didn't seriously believe timing was an issue when you said it. Hence my push.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:Who were the other people pushing him? Jason is the only one I recall.

I townread him? so if I were scum I wouldn't care about getting seen pushing MM4 with him
This just doesn't make sense. Scum don't have real reads so claiming that you townread MM4 doesn't really convince me you're not scum. Plus what matters more for scum associating themselves is others reads not their own.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:What do you mean. I gave you an answer and you were clearly expecting a different one or a different type of answer (or you want to present that image)

If you want answers that satisfy you ask better questions? If my answer doesn't satisfy you there's still a thought process to my ideas

I still don't know how "When would be a better time for him to bring it up?" Is a question that indicates anything.

If me saying "not at the start" isn't a good answer I clearly had a thought process behind it... but no we just have to be scum I guess

There are also questions you can ask to sort us that involve anything we haven't commented on yet. Your posts imply you exhausted the options to develop a read on us and I don't think that's true.
I mean most of the questions I've asked you I've asked multiple times. That seems like enough for me.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:Votes have a lot of weight that's why they don't get just thrown around.
This doesn't respond to what I was saying.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:So I threaten people I think are town with rope?

I wanted him to post jokingly

The simple issue is you've taken an interaction that's not AI because I know him and made it AI. Worse yet you believe it to be.... a GENUINE contradiction lmao. I think we're both aware that it's not
Wait if that post was a joke why didn't you say that the first time I asked you about it?

In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:You said "I'm not moving my vote off of Zulfy until he gets replaced or does something"

then did exactly that

who contradicted what?
I mean I've already given my read chronology. I decided after that that you were scummy enough to merit a vote.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:
In post 220, Sobolev Space wrote:I mean I don't see why town would keep their vote on somebody they TR when they have another legitimate scumread. What that looks like to me is scum trying to remain flexible. If I went after you hard you could switch your vote to me and 1v1 (as we're doing now) but if I decided to drop the issue you could just let it stay an offhand comment and move on with the game without being tied down to a strong scumread.
yawn more pressing about something that doesn't matter at all this is real exciting
My argument about the vote is pretty simple. 1. I don't see why town would do this. 2. I can see why scum would do this. 3. Therefore, scum probably did it. Like even if you think town doesn't really care about when they throw votes down (they do) you can't deny that there is a strong scum motive to playing in the way that you did there.
In post 227, Writers Bloque wrote:
In post 220, Sobolev Space wrote:
Re: the repeated claim that I went from "0 to 1000" on WB. Let me give y'all a brief chronology of my read on WB. Early game: WB posts some stuff I find weird. I question some of it (like the mario timing question or the Zulfy thing) but don't overtly call WB scum. During this time I did mention in both my neighborhoods that I find WB a little scummy (my neighbors can confirm this if necessary) but I'm trying to question them first to sort. I mention I have a scumread on WB but am keeping my vote on Zulfy for now. WB mentions their scumread on me but doesn't vote me. I find their not voting me scummy enough to merit a vote and an overview of why I find them scummy. I question them on why they didn't vote me (spoiler alert: this question goes unanswered until I ask it again. But remember, according to WB I'm scum because I immediately start pressing them instead of questioning their motives). WB poorly responds to my case marking the official start of this 1v1. Anyway thats my read progression. It should be pretty clear that I did not go from "0 to 1000" as WB is claiming.

This is absolutely correct.

0-900
At least we can agree on the facts. I'll leave it up to others to decide how natural it looks.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 226, GinghamDog wrote:I will vote within this block: Writers, Jason, the three lurkers
In post 263, GinghamDog wrote:Sobolev vs Writers seems TvT to me. I TR Sobo based on tone.
Writers' pressure on me felt like town sniffing what they thought to be scum, rather than scum pushing town.
Wait what happened to your read on Writers?

Like I can understand a read changing with new info but your read on WB is based on stuff that happened way before you made .
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 256, beeboy wrote:
In post 252, Sobolev Space wrote:I answered this in 174. Is there something you are unclear on or want me to go in more depth about?
Can you go more in depth on it? I just don't see how being non committal on scum reads could be seen as town, like that isn't mostly POE that is literally just full blown POE town reading like all the people who have any amount of posts.
I've seen newb town and newb scum be non committal on scum reads (see: me in my two newbie games). But I feel like scum would be scared to fake reads in such an obvious way whereas I can easily see how to a player with less confidence in their reads might have TR'd all the posters at that point.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 278, Sobolev Space wrote:Mario sell me on a beeboy lynch
On review I don't want to lynch beeboy. I could still be sold on Edos though.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Ugh.

There's something about the push to lynch lurkers in the past 2 pages that doesn't seem right to me. I'll look back over it tomorrow. It just feels like the sentiment came up very suddenly and people were too quick to agree on it.
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:49 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

lol I just realized you're pushing us on nothing actually
Show
You the dumb one... cause the same ropes I could have showed you to make it you getting hung from.

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:53 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

In post 283, Sobolev Space wrote:Ugh.

There's something about the push to lynch lurkers in the past 2 pages that doesn't seem right to me. I'll look back over it tomorrow. It just feels like the sentiment came up very suddenly and people were too quick to agree on it.

What a ping. Yes this happened because there's not enough people playing for us to do stuff apparently or no one cares

Oh Christ I'll get to that wall probably. Narna please SOS help. This one is going to kill me
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

Sobolev Space wrote:Treble sell me on an edos lynch. I kinda liked his opening

Mario sell me on a beeboy lynch
Why don't you just sell them on us
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:08 am

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.5
MarioManiac4
(2): beeboy , ZZZX
ZZZX
(2): MarioManiac4 , Edosurist
Edosurist
(2): GinghamDog , Treblesome
Writers Bloque
(1): Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
(1): Writers Bloque

Not Voting
(1): Zulfy
D1 will end when a hammer is reached or on June 9th at 7am or in (expired on 2017-06-30 07:00:00).
With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Mod Notes:

Also, Prod timers will be changing very soon. Please be aware and active! :)
Zulfy requires replacement.

Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Aristophanes »

POLLING IS BROKEN!!!!

I was trying to be nice but geez, I broke the site instead. Sorry guys!

If you would like, PM me your answer to the "finish this sentence" poll.

The options are:
...Paused at 20 hours and extended a day once a replacement is found.
...Paused at 20 hours, continuing once a replacement is found.
...Allowed to continue as usual, replace during the night phase.
...Sped up, because screw the replacement!

I'm leaving the poll active for debugging efforts. Please don't bother answering it.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:14 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Landmark replaces Zulfy!!!

A 1 day extension has been granted.
This will be reflected in the next VC :)
- Jingle
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:29 am

Post by Edosurist »

In post 222, Writers Bloque wrote:The questions aimed at our slot over Zach's concern with MM's entrance is nit picky. It doesn't commit her to a read on our slot, but can be used to segue into a sr if she sees something she think we can run with.
I potentially see this. The main reason I agreed with SS's statement was because it was an early read. However, I don't think it's unusual for town's NAI read to turn into a scumread in the early game if something later pings them.
In post 223, Writers Bloque wrote:
TR on mario is waning
This post is really bad. You left your read on Mario up in the air, so it reads like a buddying attempt at JW.
The only reason I don't get behind this is because...
In post 205, Sobolev Space wrote:I agree with you that it looks like he changed his justification to an extent after the fact. I misinterpreted your original case and thought you were solely voting him for his early push not his comments on it afterwards. Its enough to give Jason a light SR. But Writers needs to die first.
This looks like something I'd say/do as town. It's also basically my understanding of MM's case, which I didn't get to articulate because I wasn't reading/posting contemporaneously.

Overall, slightly less of a townread on SS.
Writers Bloque wrote:And that's def not all the important stuff
What did you think was important that I should address?
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Writers Bloque »

In post 289, Aristophanes wrote:
Landmark replaces Zulfy!!!

A 1 day extension has been granted.
This will be reflected in the next VC :)

@Edos what you highlighted in our/SS interaction is from like our first few conversations. I respond to the whole Zulfy thing later
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Treblesome »

ayy my top scumread is being a freaking lurksack

VOTE: lurksackZZZX

-C who is way cuter than V
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@mod - V/LA until July 4. Will still try to post once a day

I should still be around tomorrow night to change my vote if necessary before deadline.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 277, Treblesome wrote:VOTE: Edosurist

Really don't like this slot now.

-C
Can you explain this to me?
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by beeboy »

VOTE: ZZZX

L-1
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:29 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

intent on zzzx
. I'm unsure on the current dl, but I would like some posts from landmark, and a prod on zzzx before going through with this.

-Narna
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Prods will be sent out after my work shift if they apply at that time. Currently nobody is in Prod range.
- Jingle
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:43 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

Someone tell me why Sobolev is town again? In a game with more lurkers than actives you can't lynch someone if they'ree widely townread by the only people who post

- Zach
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:45 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

I still don't think the JW "slip" means literally anything at all but the slot has done jack shit and there's been ample time. Plus my desired is not really viable as said above
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”