Micro 729: C-C9 Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VOTE: mykonian
Wagon ho!
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Realeo, take my vote.
UNVOTE:
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Dammit.
UNVOTE:
Also chamber doesn't like to vote early and often, which I'm sure he'll say before I can actually post this.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Edosurist »

VOTE: mykonian L-1 /swoop

I thought you'd told town that before in a micro. If I'm wrong, then why no vote?
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Edosurist »

In my experience, theory talk early on is NAI. It's not like they were they could derail RVS just by mentioning it.

Hey chamber, I still don't get what you found scummy about Realeo.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Edosurist »

*It's not like they could...
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Edosurist »

I mean, that's not what the original point looked like to me, but sure. I apologize.

Even still, talking strategy hasn't been alignment indicative in my recent experiences. If anything, right at game start is when you would want to talk about theory before you could actually derail something or can see how the game is headed. Realistically, what advantage would chamber have to stall for such a short period? P-Edit, you suggest they would lurk, but that's not what happened here. If you mind passivity when it comes to early-game chatter, I don't see passivity from chamber here.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 am

Post by Edosurist »

In post 54, mykonian wrote:
In post 48, Edosurist wrote:
I mean, that's not what the original point looked like to me, but sure. I apologize.

Even still, talking strategy hasn't been alignment indicative in my recent experiences. If anything, right at game start is when you would want to talk about theory before you could actually derail something or can see how the game is headed. Realistically, what advantage would chamber have to stall for such a short period? P-Edit, you suggest they would lurk, but that's not what happened here. If you mind passivity when it comes to early-game chatter, I don't see passivity from chamber here.
-snipped a sub-quote-

I wouldn't be too upset with eso defending Chamber, it is p much the first reasoning out there and that does tend to be divisive. But it's a sign. What does make me suspect him is the appeacing tone of the first sentence. If he thinks that's not what I said, you can drive that home if you really think I'm wrong. He's sorry about... what exactly? This makes me feel that I'm being buddied now already just because there's a wagon on me. I'm not that desperate for friends, yet.
It was an apology for misunderstanding your message. You claimed you said one thing, and I disagreed, but since the discrepancy itself wasn't too important, I wasn't about to argue semantics a few minutes/hours after the game started. My main concern still applied so decided to stick with it. You haven't really responded to the post still. You just dodged it by trying to infer my alignment from an apology. And if I was still voting you and questioning you, why would I be attempting to buddy you? There shouldn't be anything alignment indicative about my apology here.

:down: Scum
Myko
Tenshii
Realeo
:up: Lean Scum

Tenshii's entrance here was meh. I don't mind that he was following up on the theory talk, but I don't like that that's all that he had to say. There was plenty to work with in thread already. It doesn't look like he has any reads except maybe a myko scumread, which I'm assuming he didn't want to vote on cuz of the wagon.

Realeo's more of a gut read for me. He left his vote on myko when I would've expected him to remove it. And I get that he's not a fan of RVS, but I wish he'd engage a bit more.

Gork looks town atm.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:33 am

Post by Edosurist »

In post 108, Realeo wrote:Not really.

Here's a second question for you to answer : Every time you no longer scumread someone, you vote Papa Zito. me checked your iso and you never explain it. Talk, please.
Actually, I kinda like this post. Ignore what I said about lacking content.

And to clarify, I wasn't calling him a lurker, just lacking initially.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Edosurist »

@chamber - It's good because I see that he's actually reading the game and trying to track everyone's reasoning for their votes. It's not exceptional, but it's more than my initial impression of him was, especially after missing the fact that I'd put myko back at L-1.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Edosurist »

Hey guys, was busy this weekend. I'll post today.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Hey guys I'm alive. I promise a post tonight.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Edosurist »

Reading now. I'm sorry guys.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:44 am

Post by Edosurist »

Guys. I have a confession to make. I procrastinated reading this cuz I hate catch-up posts. But I love you guys so much that I actually read the game this time.

My pool right now is myko and tenshii, followed by any old bastard that's not BTD or Gork. And Quil's chill too. I guess that leaves Realeo, Barry Zito, and chamber as meh votes.

Anybody who thinks BTD is scum looks bad for it in my eyes. I don't see scum motivation for what he's doing when he's continually receiving flack for it. If he was scum, he would've dropped it already. Zito's "case" is kinda empty cuz the "he's ignoring what town is saying" stuff is exactly why I think he's town. Myko's stance on BTD alone (not in relation to chamber) confuses me. From what I understand, his only stated opinion on him is that he keeps restating his theory even though others have thrown counterarguments at it. Where's the scum motive here?
In post 186, Gorkington wrote:benefit of the doubt.
cant keep up with the millenial slang can you dad?
p-edit: wow.
To be fair, I'm a millenial and I had no idea what botd meant.
In post 250, chamber wrote:What? I'm not advocating for the strategy, I'm advocating for him to engage the game. I'm not happy that he's not engaging the game. I just don't think being minimalist in engaging the game is scummy when you are advocating a strategy that depends on town roles remaining hidden.
You defend BTD but claim that you want him to engage the game. The previous couple pages were totes defending BTD and the theory, and I don't see why you'd try to make it out that way as town.

I've got some things to do right now, but I expect to post more on Tenshii and chamber.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Zito, I agree BTD should do more, but I don't see being stubbourn about this coming from scum. I'm not gonna lynch that slot over not commenting on people yet when we still have 7 days in D1.

I'm still down with a Tenshii wagon. Mykonwagon looks like old news.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Edosurist »

In post 453, Papa Zito wrote:@Chamber: Yes and no. You'll note my vote didn't move, for example.

@Edo: Is it stubborness or avoidance. :thinking:

What's your issue with Tenshii again?
No, I'm saying that it's stubbornness. I don't think he'd still be pushing it if he were scum. And I wasn't tracking when his V/LA started, but I think that he hasn't done his math stuff yet because of his access, not an intentional avoidance.

Regarding Tenshii, I thought his entrance was bad, and at this point, he's ignored most of the playerlist. My gut's also telling me he's scum.

@myko - I do think my vote belongs on you.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Unless BTD comes up with his numbers and reads in his next post, I'd be fine compromising there. I kinda want a flip more than anything else at the moment, particularly in chamber/myko to get that sorted out.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Because the myko wagon's been stalled out most of the day, I think either myko's scum and their partner is pushing a separate lynch (Zito) or hasn't been around to do so (Tenshii, BTD, Realeo/Mars). Zito's been pretty town in my book, Tenshii!scum's basically laid down a chainsaw on chamber the entire game, BTD's become myko's new lynch target, and Mars is helping move momentum away from myko. To me that suggests Tenshii or Mars would have to be myko's partner, then Zito next.

Alternatively, myko is town, in which case maybe scum is chamber/BTD are scum. Does that sound about right?

@Mars - Yes, I think one is scum, more likely myko.

Sup chamber?
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Edosurist »

How is that awful? It's basically consistent with what I've been saying so far.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Edosurist »

What do you think about what I was suggesting in 569?
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Edosurist »

No, the part where I talk about who could be myko's partner. I honestly don't understand your scumread here.

I asked for an explanation, you said I gave no new thoughts. I showed you where I had a new thought and had asked for some feedback on it.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Yeah, but by voting me you're making the myko lynch less likely. I guess you think it's bust now anyway?
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #22) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Will post tonight. I apologize for being absent.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by Edosurist »

In post 580, Gorkington wrote:
In post 569, Edosurist wrote:@Mars - Yes, I think one is scum, more likely myko.
can you talk a little more about where your head at is on myko?
why specifically do you feel like hes more likely scum than not?
is it literally just wagon momentum?
It's a gut feeling I have, though admittedly I'm getting that feeling a bit less from when I last posted. That and the wagon momentum about rounds it out.
In post 582, Gorkington wrote:
edo wrote:Also chamber doesn't like to vote early and often, which I'm sure he'll say before I can actually post this.
youve played with chamber before then based on this yes?
can you talk a little about why youre feeling like his play is weirding you out?
Yeah, at least once before. I was mistaken cuz I was going from memory and they were actually scum in the game I was in. I must've been conflating chamber with someone else.
chamber's not really weirding me out other than their handling of BTD (), but I suppose what you mean is why have I created this "dichotomy" between him and myko. It started off because I was feeling a gut read on chamber, but it didn't make sense for both chamber and myko to be scum, so that's why I started thinking about it that way earlier.
In post 566, Edosurist wrote:Unless BTD comes up with his numbers and reads in his next post, I'd be fine compromising there. I kinda want a flip more than anything else at the moment, particularly in chamber/myko to get that sorted out.
it sounded like BTD was like.. one of your strongest townreads? can you talk about why youre okay with this now? are you really that apathetic with the gamestate?
Yeah I'm a bit apathetic about it, but that's not the point regarding BTD. I still think BTD is town (in 569 I actively didn't tie them to myko, and only to chamber who I'm leaning town on until my myko read changes), but if I'm gonna have to compromise and lynch someone I think is town, I'm saying I'd take BTD over the others because they haven't posted real content.
edo wrote:Anybody who thinks BTD is scum looks bad for it in my eyes. I don't see scum motivation for what he's doing when he's continually receiving flack for it. If he was scum, he would've dropped it already.
mars mentioned that BTD's scumgame is equally theorycraft-focused, does that change your feelings about his slot in general?
if its something that hes comfortable with doing as scum, would he abandon it under a little pressure?
I know you said to ignore this, but mars was saying that it's NAI for BTD, so not really. I think it's pretty evident that he's getting much more pressure for it than just a little. Perhaps scum-BTD would carry on, but I'm going with nah.

As for the numbers BTD posted, myko made a good point about scum using POE based on their hypos, so I don't trust the numbers quite yet. Maybe I'd try it if I were to play this setup again, but I'm in the camp that think that hypoing is bad here.

VOTE: Tenshii
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Oh hi. Hypo with a guilty on Quil.

@myko - What kind of VCA were you doing? I don't follow.

What're the votes on Zito for? The only semi-explained one is from myko and I don't really see any thought there.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Edosurist »

My bad. But he's still scumreading him, no? I understood {Papa Zito, Tenshii/myself}. If that's the case, that's even more sucky that he wasn't voting Zito.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Yeah. My mind is basically in the same place. I'm more convinced that myko is scum with the chamber flip, and the other scum is probably Tenshii or Mars, but I was waiting to get an explanation about Zito.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Edosurist »

What? I was voting myko until the votes weren't there, then I voted Tenshii.
And sorry I wasn't around Thursday/Friday when you guys got the votes back on myko. They weren't very good days irl.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Edosurist »

I'm assuming you're waiting for me to claim. I'm VT.
Tenshii?
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Edosurist »

In post 1299, Papa Zito wrote:Ya'll lynched me over Edo.

P salty about this.
Honestly did not expect this.
Edo
Edoist
Endoperson

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”