Micro 741: Reverse Mafia (mafia win)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:34 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

/confirm

Sorry mod, I didn't pay attention to anything but the color tbh.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 72, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
also @mod or anyone what happens if there happens to be 1 town and 1 scum with 2 people left?
Possible scum slip, or at minimum "didn't read" slip? Like, if this player had read the rules and/or a TOWN PM, the answer to this question would be clear, wouldn't it?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 77, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 74, A Simple Plan wrote:
In post 72, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
also @mod or anyone what happens if there happens to be 1 town and 1 scum with 2 people left?
Possible scum slip, or at minimum "didn't read" slip? Like, if this player had read the rules and/or a TOWN PM, the answer to this question would be clear, wouldn't it?
I was waiting to see you follow up this post with something relating to other parts of the game and/or players, but you didn't.

Having this as your only post of the game seems really bad. I intentionally didn't respond to Dunkerdoodles' question to see if a lurker would. Delurking only to explain things, without committing to any reads, is really problematic because it means you delurk when it's easy to chip in, but not about things that actually matter.
(I also don't consider that a committed read, even a weak one. Reading a player as not having read the rules is trivial to convert into whatever sort of alignment read you want in the future without looking like it's suspicious or an unnatural read progression, so it's not cutting off any options for you right now.)

(Btw, to answer the original question, town win at 2:2 or at 1:1, making 3:2 and 2:1 "lywi" setups where correctly lynching a townie gives town the win.)
Such as what? People jockeying back and forth about your alignment? A bunch of NAI or pseudo-NAI/irrelevant material? I mentioned something that needed to be mentioned. The fact that you're pushing me for making a post that needed to be made, and not spewing bullshit that I would've had to fake to make seem realistic is some crap? Like, here are my thoughts on the full game so far:

Page 1: K.
Page 2: K. Kinda like GL's as far as analyzing you. Big whoop.
Page 3: see .
Page 4: disagree with GL's 82. Like, flip it 100% upside down except maybe Mario not quite as high. It's weird because he basically takes the more town spot Mario would be at otherwise. WTH was ? Re: 89: what happened to the CD town push?

Even my serious post sounds fake-- to me, the player who wrote it-- so why would I bother forcing something that I actually don't believe?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:39 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 92, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 90, A Simple Plan wrote:The fact that you're pushing me for making a post that needed to be made, and not spewing bullshit that I would've had to fake to make seem realistic is some crap? Like, here are my thoughts on the full game so far:

Even my serious post sounds fake-- to me, the player who wrote it-- so why would I bother forcing something that I actually don't believe?
So in other words, you basically have no reads, and don't want to have try to fabricate reads to make it seem like you're participating?
The latter half of this (not wanting to fabricate information) makes sense as town, but the former half (not having reads) doesn't so much. It's hard to have a strong read this early, but things have certainly happened that can be reacted to. (It wasn't just me; plenty of people read you as scum for your post.) Besides, even if you don't have enough information to read someone, you can ask them questions in order to gain more information, rather than just waiting and hoping it'll appear from somewhere.

There are several possible town reactions to a low-information game, and different people react in different ways. Not having reads and not attempting to gain them, though, is one of the least town reactions a player can have in the situation (likely only behind producing reads that are obviously fabricated).
What is this, a newbie game? :lol: I've never been good with the questions part. I'm usually terrible D1 and it (almost) always gets me lynched. Later on I get better because I have more to look back on and information to use, as either alignment. (Mario can verify this. Certain newbie game a long time back...) but questions aren't really something I'm very good at, so I tend to sit back and watch things unfold.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

@cali: in response to that statement 121 that I think my own reads are fabricated: not quite what I meant. I meant from a quick precursor tread, from someone else's perspective they'd be easy to argue looked fabricated. I believe myself, but I find it easy based on lack of explanation for others to find reason not to.

Just caught that on a glance. Just got home from work and don't exactly feel good. I'll do something a bit more than read the most recent post when I'm on later.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Sort of a dodge, sort of me saying, "Monty hall?" Isn't that the door thing?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 169, serrapaladin wrote:Happy birthday, yo!

I'll do myself and others a favour and not go through whatever that tactic is.

I'm worried about what would happen to this game if it gets into late-game with an equal mix of lurk and derp. I want players in the game I can hold accountable if they happen to L-1 scum. Also despite what I think about cfj pointing that out, cfj and gl both strike me capable of their current play as scum.

Can anyone that knows Lilly judge whether she'd be self-aware enough as scum to fake the "there's probably 2 scum" thing? I'm increasingly coming around to her being today's lynch.

ASP reading enough to see 'Monty Hall', but not enough to make meaningful comment is not cool.
Fine, allow me to rephrase to appease your ass. "how the hell does Monty Hall fit here?"

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”