Micro 756: Extra Communication Mafia GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1074, Jingle wrote:
In post 1068, MathBlade wrote:@mod: Was there a night 0 to which scum could chat?
There was no confirmation stage before D1 this game. Whether scum can/could communicate at any particular point is not information I can reveal.
Well more than what I was expecting.

So if scum have daychat then Ghostlin’s check on fferyllt is a valid check.
However if scum have night chat or in the (imho very rare) case that scum can’t chat then the fferyllt check is meaningless.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1075, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1074, Jingle wrote:
In post 1068, MathBlade wrote:@mod: Was there a night 0 to which scum could chat?
There was no confirmation stage before D1 this game. Whether scum can/could communicate at any particular point is not information I can reveal.
Well more than what I was expecting.

So if scum have daychat then Ghostlin’s check on fferyllt is a valid check.
However if scum have night chat or in the (imho very rare) case that scum can’t chat then the fferyllt check is meaningless.
This is of course assuming Ghostlin is town.

If Ghostlin town then Fishy is scum only if scum don’t chat (again rare). I think it is rare enough to not be interested in a Fishy Lynch today.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1073, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1072, fferyllt wrote:I had to probe Ghostlin's claim about my not having a PT because I do have one. The earliest it could have become a shared pt was last night, but I guessed wrong with maybe a bit of wishful thought.

And that basically tells whoever got info about my role precisely what it is, though I think my posts and were enough for someone with info about my role to assume I'm the one who has it.
Mainly I just am having trouble swallowing how it was claimed one way then instantly “corrected” then on top of that it is the eavesdropper role I hypothesized was scum. It feels more like trying to manipulate me and others into townreading Ghostlin than being genuine.
This doesn't make sense to me, but that probably says more about how I play as scum than anything. If we were both scum, I wouldn't have let Ghostlin claim in a way that I'd have to probe him in the first place. If I were scum and he town, I would have used the way he claimed that I don't have a PT as a way to cast doubt on him, even if I were trying to pocket him because you never know who might become unlynchable down the road.

The fact that he had to explain the discrepancy pretty much on the fly is a wash to me. The role assuredly exists given no one can safely just make up shit not knowing what the informed neighbors know, and probably works as he's said regardless of his alignment.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

I want more from the neighbors.

I'm probably going to peace out until that happens, so's not to blow the thread up.

Idic
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

See that is where I think you aren’t acknowledging the bias here.
Let’s assume for a moment there is a scum in that hood.
If you are scum with said player then you could make the claims differ just enough.
If Ghostlin is scum then said player is informed about their partner’s role then they could make it match while being something else entirely.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1078, fferyllt wrote:I want more from the neighbors.

I'm probably going to peace out until that happens, so's not to blow the thread up.
Agreed good idea.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Jingle »

VoteCount 2.1
Insert Arbitrary Flavor Here

With 7 Alive, it is 4 to Lynch!

MathBlade [L-4]:
Flairs [L-4]:
Chip Butty [L-4]:
Flubbernugget [L-4]:
fferyllt [L-4]:
Ghostlin [L-4]:
Fishythefish [L-4]:

Not Voting [7]: Flairs, MathBlade, Ghostlin, fferyllt, Fishythefish, Chip Butty, Flubbernugget

Deadline is 2 weeks and will be over in (expired on 2017-12-22 14:30:00) at 2:30 PM PST on 12/22/17.

Important Notes:
-
I did not realize that was a Pagetop. :cry:
This is a Parachute.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

I don't see how this enlightens Ghostlin's investigation claim and his correction after I probed. I'm obviously working from a place of knowing what my role is and knowing whether I have a PT, but I don't think that's the source of the disconnect
In post 1079, MathBlade wrote:See that is where I think you aren’t acknowledging the bias here.
Let’s assume for a moment there is a scum in that hood.
If you are scum with said player then you could make the claims differ just enough.
I AM assuming there's scum in the hood.
If Ghostlin is scum then said player is informed about their partner’s role then they could make it match while being something else entirely.
And what does that have to do with how he claimed his investigation of me?

Idic
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

Let’s assume Player X is scum in the hood.
Player X has a fake claim of informed townie with Player X’s partner and Town Player Y.

Player X only has to match either the fake claim that they want to use. Or it could be a souped up version.

So for example if Ghostlin can read the entire PT but has a fake claim of can only read the last message and player X says Ghostlin can only read the last message it isn’t necessarily the case.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

Where this comes into play is whether Ghostlin followed the fake claim devised or if it is a genuine reaction.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1083, MathBlade wrote:Let’s assume Player X is scum in the hood.
Player X has a fake claim of informed townie with Player X’s partner and Town Player Y.

Player X only has to match either the fake claim that they want to use. Or it could be a souped up version.

So for example if Ghostlin can read the entire PT but has a fake claim of can only read the last message and player X says Ghostlin can only read the last message it isn’t necessarily the case.
If he can read the entire PT, then why would he just straight up say I didn't have a PT if he knows I do?

Idic
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1085, fferyllt wrote:

If he can read the entire PT, then why would he just straight up say I didn't have a PT if he knows I do?
Because mechanically you wouldn’t have it yet.
You said so yourself, the mod made it for later and you said it is still empty. So in “reality” you don’t have a PT?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

But then again this assumes you’re town and telling the truth here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

Sort of like if I asked Jingle for a PT to organize my thoughts that isn’t a part of my role. I’d hope that wouldn’t flag on Ghostlin’s check or that is bastard as fuck.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1086, MathBlade wrote:

You said so yourself, the mod made it for later and you said it is still empty. So in “reality” you don’t have a PT?
It's not empty. I've posted in it a few times and so has the mod. It's a real, used PT. It's not shared with another player (yet, anyway).

I don't think this is actually going anywhere, though. I've responded to Ghostlin's claim coming from my reality. You've posited various scenarios and I can't even tell what parts presumably based on my role and the status of my PT are even meaningful in your scenarios.

Does it matter if the PT exists and I or had or hadn't posted? It wouldn't matter in terms of how Ghostlin's described how his role works.

I think it does matter in your scenario where he gets to see the entire PT. And I don't think he would have initially said I don't have a PT if he'd seen the whole damn thing.

Idic
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

Then if it’s real Ghostlin’s claim is bogus.

Like I just don’t understand.

Either it exists and therefore Ghostlin’s claim is fucked up which makes Ghostlin almost certainly scum.
Or it doesn’t exist per the mod and my prior post about scum requirements stand.

You can’t be a “little pregnant” either you are or aren’t. Same with PTs. . It’s a Boolean condition,
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

I just had a thought that makes me really want to just go ahead and claim. The way my role works could have potentially give a false guilty to Ghostlin's investigations if he'd used it on my later in the game. It would be a chain of circumstances, to get there, though, and the likelihood wouldn't be high.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

I just had a thought that makes me really want to just go ahead and claim. The way my role works could have potentially give a false guilty to Ghostlin's investigations if he'd used it on my later in the game. It would be a chain of circumstances, to get there, though, and the likelihood wouldn't be high.

Idic
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Chip Butty »

It's been a busy weekend, sorry. Reading through soon.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1088, MathBlade wrote:Sort of like if I asked Jingle for a PT to organize my thoughts that isn’t a part of my role. I’d hope that wouldn’t flag on Ghostlin’s check or that is bastard as fuck.
In post 1089, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1086, MathBlade wrote:

It's not empty. I've posted in it a few times and so has the mod. It's a real, used PT. It's not shared with another player (yet, anyway).

I don't think this is actually going anywhere, though. I've responded to Ghostlin's claim coming from my reality. You've posited various scenarios and I can't even tell what parts presumably based on my role and the status of my PT are even meaningful in your scenarios.

Does it matter if the PT exists and I or had or hadn't posted? It wouldn't matter in terms of how Ghostlin's described how his role works.

I think it does matter in your scenario where he gets to see the entire PT. And I don't think he would have initially said I don't have a PT if he'd seen the whole damn thing.
To clarify: the mod was really specific it was communication between players. I asked point blank about the private PMs, I don't get any messages from them.

I presume Ffery's role interacts the same. She has to be talking to a player, not Jingle.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Jingle »

Flairs has requested replacement.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

Espeonage replaces Flairs. WELCOME HIM!
This is a Parachute.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Gonna take some reading.

If people want to ask me pertinent questions to find answers for while doing so, ask now.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok I have read my hood which from the sound of it outed and did a word search in their iso quickly.

Unless there is something in the game thread that indicates otherwise I am about 95% sure Chip Butty is scum.

Also, has anyone talked about the possibility that this is a hidden smalltown?
Don't @ me.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by fferyllt »

We talked about a game where there was a dethy inside a larger game. If I understand smalltown that would be similar?

Idic

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”