Micro 650: Mislead 2: A Maze of our Own Devising (Restarted)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Realeo »

@pepto
What is your read?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Peptobislawl
Peptobislawl
Goon
Peptobislawl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Peptobislawl »

I don't really have anything concrete, because we've been talking about mechanics so far and that hasn't been particularly helpful to me. Mostly just gutreads I don't feel confident enough in to share.
Show
Will protect people not in the game

"I'm with the insane cop" -Pepto 2015

References games from other sites in his sig
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

If everyone acted like you, we'd have no way to get this moving :/

Sure you have nothing?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Wow knowing that people flip killed pretty much what I had.
In post 126, Peptobislawl wrote:I don't really have anything concrete, because we've been talking about mechanics so far and that hasn't been particularly helpful to me. Mostly just gutreads I don't feel confident enough in to share.
Yeaa. We should be playing the game.

@Realeo, can you elaborate on your Vedith townread?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Again, even if the mod didn't tell us who flipped, it'd be obvious from who got trapped...

Tenshii, you got any reads?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by reso »

This post is going to be on the AtE side of things, and if that annoys you, I apologize. This will be copied and pasted to all the games that I am currently playing.

Guys, I have some unfortunate news. Some background information first. At the moment, I am unemployed and have been for the past year. However, a couple days ago, a friend alerted me that a couple of openings were available at the warehouse that he was working at, and today was the first day of the trial run before they decide who gets the job. And you know how I feel right now? I'm in pain. My back aches, the lower thighs are burning, and I have no strength left in my arms. I just want to go to sleep right now. And it's going to be like this or worse for the next 2 weeks as well. But I need this job. I desperately need to make this happen. But I don't think I will have the time to play this game. So I am effectively dropping out of the game.

{Rule-breaking text removed. Making promises that are expected to be enforced by out-of-game means is against both my rules (rule C5) and the site rules (see the second bullet point). — callforjudgement}
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by Tenshii »

In post 129, Infinity 324 wrote:Again, even if the mod didn't tell us who flipped, it'd be obvious from who got trapped...

Tenshii, you got any reads?
No. Anybody who gets trapped on a segment that's not their own segment remains a mystery (without flips).

Atm just you scumlean.
In post 130, reso wrote:
{delete the post, delete the quote — callforjudgement}
Is this allowed?
It isn't — callforjudgement
But yeah I'll buy it. Not too sure if going town D1 is optimal though.
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by Tenshii »

Oh btw, good luck reso! Hope things end up working out for you.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by reso »

In post 131, Tenshii wrote:Is this allowed? But yeah I'll buy it. Not too sure if going town D1 is optimal though.
If doing this is ban-worthy, please do it. I did not mean any harm from doing so, but I will take the punishment.
In post 132, Tenshii wrote:Oh btw, good luck reso! Hope things end up working out for you.
Thank you. I am going to sleep now.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 130, reso wrote:This post is going to be on the AtE side of things, and if that annoys you, I apologize. This will be copied and pasted to all the games that I am currently playing.

Guys, I have some unfortunate news. Some background information first. At the moment, I am unemployed and have been for the past year. However, a couple days ago, a friend alerted me that a couple of openings were available at the warehouse that he was working at, and today was the first day of the trial run before they decide who gets the job. And you know how I feel right now? I'm in pain. My back aches, the lower thighs are burning, and I have no strength left in my arms. I just want to go to sleep right now. And it's going to be like this or worse for the next 2 weeks as well. But I need this job. I desperately need to make this happen. But I don't think I will have the time to play this game. So I am effectively dropping out of the game.

{delete the post, delete the quote — callforjudgement}
I'm really sorry about your RL situation :(

I think your proposition would break a rule about using an outside influence to affect the game, unfortunately. I suggest you just ask the mod to replace you and we will continue on.

Good luck!

But yeah that's not something scum would say

UNVOTE:
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 128, Tenshii wrote:@Realeo, can you elaborate on your Vedith townread?
I have played scum with Vedith and moderated a game where Vedith(Dishy Dishington) becomes scum. I never liked either opening. The fact that I like his opening is a flag for me. Granted, it's just meta, but hey, read can change right? Until that read change, I am townreading him.
In post 133, reso wrote:
In post 131, Tenshii wrote:Is this allowed? But yeah I'll buy it. Not too sure if going town D1 is optimal though.
If doing this is ban-worthy, please do it. I did not mean any harm from doing so, but I will take the punishment.
This is a scum lean for me actually.

This is like the classic scene of a game of Resistance. "I swear that I am the rebel. I will flip the role card if I can but the rule can't!"

An AtE is normal.
I have no problem with your reasoning of replacing out. In fact, good luck with your trial run! :mrgreen: But
{deleted details of the deleted section of # — callforjudgement}
is not, especially since it's
quite premature
. 7 days is a long time. Chill out and let your replacement speak for himself! From my experience of playing scum at last game, you cannot hold anyone accountable for anything they say.
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

I'm currently dealing with the rule breach in #. For the time being, reso should stop posting. Everyone else, please try not to discuss this matter for the time being, as it may make it harder to recover the game.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Realeo »

In the interest of other topic......so Not_Mafia posted in 3 or 4 other games but not in this game. He better explains the scum claim thingy when he comes.

Spoiler: @callofjudgement
I'm sure this post doesn't breach rule since I didn't put any adjective that give any substantial information.
OKAY: "Zoraster is alive in 4 games and is posting in those games, but he hasn't posted here in 3 days."
NOT OKAY: "Zoraster is alive in 4 games where he's posting lengthy posts." <The violation here is mentioning that the posts are LONG. This is a substantive statement.>

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Realeo
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 138, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Realeo
You already did my darling.

VOTE: Not_Mafia

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Vedith »

I'll be catching up once home tomorrow although I see not much has been said over the weekend.
I claim scum \o/
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah this game needs something to get it moving again
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 140, Vedith wrote:I'll be catching up once home tomorrow although I see not much has been said over the weekend.
In post 141, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah this game needs something to get it moving again
This is not moving?
In post 139, Realeo wrote:
In post 138, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Realeo
You already did my darling.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Help me extract something from him. Vedith, you know that my concern is valid.

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:33 am

OK, so I'm waiting to hear back from the listmods about how to continue the game, but it seems very likely that reso's slot is compromised as a result of the rule breach. (reso, you could have made things so much easier by just replacing out rather than breaking the rules; now you know for the future. Best of luck with your new job.)

Here are the most likely ways in which the game could be recovered:
a) As it's still early in the game, it may be possible to restart the game with the other 8 players + a replacement, rerolling alignments. If this happened, I'd close this thread and start a new thread; effectively another game with the same setup, and this game being cancelled.
b) It might also be possible to remove reso's slot from the game, and continue as an 8-segment game. I'd need to adjust the resources available to players in order to keep the game fair (going through 8 segments is easier than going through 9). In particular, some players would need to volunteer to give up their ability to flee.

If both options turn out to be possible, I'd be interested to know which the remaining players would prefer to take. The decision here isn't affected by the play-to-win rule (i.e. you can choose the option you feel would be more fun if you wish even if you think the other option would give you a higher chance to win, although of course you can make your decision based on factors like victory if you want to). Because a player's preferences might end up depending on their alignment, and I want players to be able to make a free choice without having to worry about how it would look to the other players,
please use PMs to me to express your opinion or if you wish to discuss the situation; do not discuss this in the game thread
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:37 pm

The list moderators have requested that I restart the game. Players within the game also mostly (although not unanimously) requested a restart.

As such, I'll be closing this game and starting a new one (with rerolled alignments) once I have a replacement for reso. (The replacement game won't be able to start immediately; it'll be at least several hours, because I've been awake for ages and need to sleep at some point.) If any current players want to replace out, or don't want to play in a restarted game, let me know, and I can find a replacement for your slot too; finding replacements is normally disruptive to the game, but replacing a player during a restart causes no disruption, so this is a better time than any other to replace out.

One thing I have to be careful about with a restarted game is to avoid players getting a meta advantage and/or disadvantage from their knowledge of the aborted run of the game. As such, I'm going to publicly disclose the identity of the Maze Guardians; they were
Infinity 324
and
Realeo
. The abandoned Maze Guardian discussion thread, however, will remain private and locked until the restarted game has finished (at which point this game's Maze Guardians can release it as normal).

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:53 pm

reso is being force-replaced.

Tenshii has requested replacement.
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Creature replaces reso.
Thanks!
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Blade Dancer replaces Tenshii!
Thanks for that, too!

I'm going to start the process of restarting the game now. I'll use a new thread for the restart for ISO purposes, etc.. Expect a role PM soon!
scum
town
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:38 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”