Micro 652 - Double Day Unlimited (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:01 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 537, Thor665 wrote:
In post 534, Not_Mafia wrote:Lynch ecane then Aero... profit
I'll ask for a second time - why are you not interacting with the game?
Is it 'fun' for you to play in this way? Like just coming up with a few thoughts and plopping out empty votes.
Please black list me in the future if this is true - thank you.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 539, qubixes wrote:Yay!

At least I was kind of right on ecane D2 ;). I'm surprised we won with the amount of apathy in this game though. It looks like I'm doing a bit too much overthinking.
Same.
In post 540, qubixes wrote:Also, this is the first game I reached end game, so yay for me not being lynched/NK'ed!

Overall I had fun though. My tussles with Thor were a little bizarre, but that's ok :D.
Yeah, I was also weirded out by that after he had like hard town-read you.
In post 547, Infinity 324 wrote:I should've known you were putting too much effort into a dead game to be scum though.
I should have known that too!
In post 548, Thor665 wrote:
In post 540, qubixes wrote:Also, this is the first game I reached end game, so yay for me not being lynched/NK'ed!

Overall I had fun though. My tussles with Thor were a little bizarre, but that's ok :D.
I will agree your tussle with me was bizarre - I still have no idea where you were going with any of that.
It was kind of like Aero accussing me of protecting him. Like, seriously.
Yeah, when you mentioned that that argument made no sense unless we were BOTH scum, I was like shit he's right. That's why I stepped off.

I think that whenever you're in a game, I get really paranoid because I KNOW how good you play as either alignment. The reason I was confused about your motivation for not pushing my slot that hard, and more about your interactions with Ecane was that it reminded me of that Zar holiday game where we were scum together and the way you distanced from me. That game was almost two years ago, though, and it wasn't that solid of a case.

I think overall I played alright this game, although I was only right about 1/3 of my scum reads. Ecane's silence was nagging me towards the end; I think another mistake I made was asking for a summary from Thor. While I respect Thor's reads and they're usually correct, that gave me a preemptive bias toward liking Ecane and not really paying much attention to that slot after that.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Good win though guys, I hope I was a semi-helpful replace-in!
2023 W/L | 1-0
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What happened here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:07 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 548, Thor665 wrote: I will agree your tussle with me was bizarre - I still have no idea where you were going with any of that.
It was kind of like Aero accussing me of protecting him. Like, seriously.
In both cases I wanted to convince you to question your read, because I thought it might be wrong. So I wanted to test how strong your conviction was and perhaps see why
I
was wrong as well, because in neither instances I felt super confident about my own read. I thought by questioning your read and your willingness to defend it or give it up I might also get a better read on you. I can totally see why it is confusing though, and looks like I'm attacking you. So, in the future I should probably try and be more clear about what I'm trying to achieve, though sometimes it could be helpful for the other not to know. I was right though in both cases (nmego=town, ecane=scum), so it might just be more of a point to be more confident in the read.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:10 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 552, Aeronaut wrote:Good win though guys, I hope I was a semi-helpful replace-in!
I think voting scum when it matters is pretty helpful!

@Gamma: We won!

@ChaosOmega:
Thanks for modding!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 554, qubixes wrote:In both cases I wanted to convince you to question your read, because I thought it might be wrong. So I wanted to test how strong your conviction was and perhaps see why
I
was wrong as well, because in neither instances I felt super confident about my own read. I thought by questioning your read and your willingness to defend it or give it up I might also get a better read on you. I can totally see why it is confusing though, and looks like I'm attacking you. So, in the future I should probably try and be more clear about what I'm trying to achieve, though sometimes it could be helpful for the other not to know. I was right though in both cases (nmego=town, ecane=scum), so it might just be more of a point to be more confident in the read.
Both times you were digging into me for reactions on tertiary reads though - and ignoring my prime reads.
By definition my tertiary reads are going to be more soft and more gut - and in neither case was I trying to hard argue the opposite stance.
For Nmego - I was sorting his newbness and how it was affecting reads of him.
For Ecane I was sorting the empty attacks on her.
Still seems weird.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I'm curious what empty attacks you saw on Ecane because I saw like zero attacks total
2023 W/L | 1-0
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 556, Thor665 wrote: Both times you were digging into me for reactions on tertiary reads though - and ignoring my prime reads.
By definition my tertiary reads are going to be more soft and more gut - and in neither case was I trying to hard argue the opposite stance.
For Nmego - I was sorting his newbness and how it was affecting reads of him.
For Ecane I was sorting the empty attacks on her.
Still seems weird.
Well, I agreed with your reasoning on Flubber/N_M, so there wasn't much I could do there. (I never really disagreed with your reasoning on flubber, was just worried you were missing something deeper)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Christ do I fucking hate my scumgame

Good job town :)

Thanks for modding Chaos :)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 557, Aeronaut wrote:I'm curious what empty attacks you saw on Ecane because I saw like zero attacks total
Probably what I saw was the Lowell, Qubixes, and Flubber attacks on the slot.
All of which I found bad, and said so at the time.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:39 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”