Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.11
Lowell
(2): Sobolev Space , GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
(2): SweetBlueFlowers , Lowell
TTTT
(1): Bellaphant
Sobolev Space
(1): Eddie Cane
Bellaphant
(1): TTTT

Not Voting
(2): Fro99er , borkjerfkin

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day one ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-04 13:00:00)

Mod Notes:
borkjerfkin is V/LA until Monday
Sobolev Space is V/LA until Tuesday
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:32 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 373, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 205, TTTT wrote:
In post 204, Lowell wrote:The eddie wagon is bad and you should feel bad.
i have reasons
which were?
In post 339, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 336, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Cane's opening was, as I see it, a reaction test.
Scum love easy targets, and giving one to them is a very effective way to hunt.
This is a good point.
In post 340, TTTT wrote:Yes it is
I was hoping scum would push me for the naked vote.
The play was consistent with my prior play in that it was unexplained and came out of nowhere
But it's the kinda superficial thing scum like to latch onto
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Fro99er »

I've been useless the past couple days.

It's Daytona 500 today and my job's in NASCAR so i'm busy as all hell. I have things I want to say and I'll say them tomorrow.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Out this weekend, sorry. Will be back by Monday afternoon.
SweetBlueFlowers
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
SweetBlueFlowers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by SweetBlueFlowers »

Spoiler: @bork
In post 341, borkjerfkin wrote:It might be barely underway for you, but I've been doing this for almost a week continually now and I like to think I have a good bead on at least a few slots.
I've been here the whole time.
In post 341, borkjerfkin wrote: i think shows she's continually questioning whether or not I am, as you say, WKing her (i generally see this used as a pejorative description of scum behavior) or i genuinely think she is town
Intention wasn't pejorative.
In post 341, borkjerfkin wrote:the sheer number of times either she or I have been about to post the exact same thing as each other leads me to believe we're thinking about the game in similar ways and hitting the same "this makes no sense / feels weird to me" type of notes. I think a scum player would have a hard time accidentally lucking into that.
I can appreciate that. Don't feel the same way at all, sorry.

In post 360, Bellaphant wrote:sbf, you got any questions for me?
Why aren't you producing content? If you're Town, help me get a better read on you, because at the moment you're in my lynch pool.

Spoiler: @GL
In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:You're arguing that it's scummy to not have a sincere and thorough scumread 160 posts in the game, which I find hard to believe. I had no townvibes whatsoever from your opening two posts, saw no evidence of game-solving, wanted you to get pressured/wagoned. That's entirely different from saying "I am very confident that SBF is scum", which feels like the arbitrary and disingenuous standard that you'ree trying to impose on me.
No townvibes = null. Significant scum vibes = SR. A SR is literally "I am confident this slot is scum". This is extremely straight-forward. There is meaningful contradiction in your stances and you can't talk your way out of this no matter how far you bend over backwards.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:Your radar for Town motivation is either miscalibrated or not being used in this game, sorry. Talking to my townreads to try to get them to understand/townread me is not "purposeless".
I find your manner of discourse ultimately purposeless as the information provided by the exchanges does little to nothing to sort alignments according to any method of scumhunting I understand and it is far too early in the game to begin digesting reads with mutual TRs in the effort to reach compromise. There is simply no way to be sure enough in your reads on Day 1 for this and it is nonsensical to begin focusing on compromise when most of us have not even solidified our reads yet in the first place. Talking in this manner is, however, an excellent way to be TRed without actually producing content that advances the game state or roots out any scum. In short, your content lacks any meaningful Town motivation that I can detect.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:Except I didn't ever
want
people to argue with my townreads, but I will always respond to questions about them. If you seriously think I was actively trying to draw out that discussion about my townread on TTTT then you should go back and read that entire exchange again. Every post I made with "theory" was in response to people asking me to explain myself. like I fucking knew as I was getting more and more drawn into answering all of the questions that someone was then going to try to push me on this. That's why I kept saying "i don't expect people to agree", "it's probably not intuitive", etc etc.
I didn't say that you were trying to draw out discussion about your reads. I said that your explanations of your reads are impermeable and any attempt to contest them on their own terms can only result in the questioner miring themselves in a bog of directionless argumentation.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:And so what my vote isn't on you anymore? Why does that matter?
Because it makes no sense to move your vote off your SR immediately after finding fault in all of their content, and it makes less sense to vote the slot you previously townleaned because of an argument that your SR also made. If you weren't aware that I was calling you opportunistic I can only assume you were selectively reading my post.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:No you didn't, if you called it opportunistic please show me where you did. And this entire section reads to me like you care more about "scoring points" in the argument about my alignment more than honestly and openly assessing my play and my alignment.
288: "His SR on this slot lacks any semblance of authenticity and he basically just followed Cane."

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:My read on Lowell changed because of his continued scumread on me for weak reasons. I changed the read. Why do you think that makes me scum, why is that something that cannot come from Town?
See above and my previous post for the answer.

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:a) I can and will put my vote wherever the hell I want, thank you
and b) I will continue responding to every single post you make, so don't give me this bullshit about "not wanting focus on our exchange".
Yes, you're forced to, given that I called you out. Changing your vote in the way you did strongly suggests that you wanted attention elsewhere, however. I don't believe that you lost your scumread on me after my post and gained a scumread on Lowell strong enough to warrant moving the vote, I believe that you moved your vote onto an easier target.

In post 362, GuiltyLion wrote:also it's generally just absolutely rich that someone with 5 posts total in the game is accusing me for not having "game advancing content" when I've been making an effort to interact with nearly every player
Shading my slot isn't going to help you.

In post 363, GuiltyLion wrote:like SBF's argument boils down to

1) GL voted me but didn't believe it
2) GL moved his vote off of me when I pushed back on him
3) he must be doing this because he doesn't want attention on me calling him out

1) is because it's early and I usually don't have much conviction in my scumreads early unless I find something extremely compelling, which hasn't happened this game
2) was due to the fact that I hated Lowell's reasons for scumreading/voting me and I did think SBF made a good point about SS which made me question whether they are operating from a town mindset
3) is just assumptions and completely made up
This is a pretty sad attempt at a misrep, honestly. The fact that you're appealing to others in this way is highly suspect.

In post 364, Eddie Cane wrote:I am not tring gl.

in his defense for that particular part though, you (sfb) had next to 0 content a decent way into the game. wagoning that is fine, especially if he townread me at the time of voting.
I wasn't taking issue with the vote, I was taking issue with the way it was done and what followed. I very much appreciate voting for pressure.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:34 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

will catch up after work
beefycheese
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:54 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 377, Fro99er wrote:I've been useless the past couple days.

It's Daytona 500 today and my job's in NASCAR so i'm busy as all hell. I have things I want to say and I'll say them tomorrow.
In post 378, Lowell wrote:Out this weekend, sorry. Will be back by Monday afternoon.
*farts*
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm not going to prod anyone until tonight.
Maybe the morning.

Depends how I feel :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 am

Post by Fro99er »

alright, catch up time
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 285, Bellaphant wrote:what worries me though is that i've explained my read on the not!scum pairing, and you've only come back with 'i didn't see it that way', rather than take actual issues with that I've said.
That's because there wasn't much to take issue with. You saw it one way and explained why and I can't really say anything you said is wrong. In other words, I may disagree with it, but I don't see scum motivation behind your read or reasons.

I was just more concerned with the meta at that point, because like I said, you're usually not a jump to conclusions type player as town.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:55 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 285, Bellaphant wrote:also, talk to me about gl? where's the read from, exactly. is about it the followthrough scum read? Like I said, I'm getting a lot of town vibes, but some of his thinking looks contrived. when pushed, he backs his shit up though.
GL is pressuring me in ways that I don't think scum do.

For example, post shows he's not willing to just accept a reason from me and actually push back on it, rather than Eddie who was just like "oh self-WIFOM". That's the kind of stuff scum do, is not provide any further analysis and just jump on self-WIFOM.

Town instead try to give analysis of my self-meta/wifom when I do it.

There's also just the fact that tonally he sounds like he believes his push on me. I can't explain it better than that, but it reminds me of how PereV and Anatole pushed me in mafiaception. They both strongly scumread me when I was town, but I just didn't think they were scum for it. I couldn't even explain why any better than that.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 285, Bellaphant wrote:also, talk to me about gl? where's the read from, exactly. is about it the followthrough scum read? Like I said, I'm getting a lot of town vibes, but some of his thinking looks contrived. when pushed, he backs his shit up though.
Also, what exactly looks contrived?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:05 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 285, Bellaphant wrote:@frog, talk to me about talking yourself out of the read?
out of the eddie read? I'm not sure on eddie, but here's why I unvoted
In post 270, Fro99er wrote:
In post 264, Fro99er wrote:
In post 212, Eddie Cane wrote:obviously both alignments do it - i do it - but I typically see scum being the ones to call someone town out of seemingly nothing.
oh like calling me out for self-WIFOM
derp I misread this

thought it said "I see scum being the ones to call someone out for seemingly nothing"
I initially thought he was saying "I see scum being the ones to call someone out for seemingly nothing" ... which is what he did about my self-wifom. But then I realized I misread.

I'm not sure that changes my read on him. That post itself could come from either alignment as I mentioned. I just know at the time I felt frustrated that I misread what he said and I could probably have been confbiasing myself and wanted to step back and re-evaluate.

I'm still leaning scum on him to the point I've read because unlike GL, he didn't break down further my reasoning around why if I was scum I'd avoid pushing you. This was literally the extent to which he analyzed my reasoning around why I wouldn't push on you as scum
In post 175, Eddie Cane wrote:btw - using wifom on yourself is... something. "I've played with x and did y and z happened so logically as town I should do p." is reaching.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 287, Eddie Cane wrote:this is why I'm voting sbf. she has done 0. 0. she came back and produced nothing. I want her to take stances and start posting.
See, I also take issue with this.

Bella -- this is exactly what sheep did in our game we just finished. Just voting for pressure but not doing anything with it.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:Cane is obviously Town by the way they've reacted to this slot. I appreciate the opening maneuver, having seen the follow-through.
Explain this further
Heil King Froggo.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 388, Fro99er wrote:
In post 287, Eddie Cane wrote:this is why I'm voting sbf. she has done 0. 0. she came back and produced nothing. I want her to take stances and start posting.
See, I also take issue with this.

Bella -- this is exactly what sheep did in our game we just finished. Just voting for pressure but not doing anything with it.
but... sbf started posting so it was no longer necessary ?_?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Fro99er »

I'm still catching up so I'm not there yet. My point is at the time you just voted her for doing nothing and didn't follow up with any questions or pressure. I saw Sheep do exactly that in a prior game. Just vote for pressure then to fuckall with it at the time.

Ask them questions, challenge their reads, even if it's only 3 posts. Make them engage. don't sit here and say it's a vote because they are doing nothing. Newsflash -- some town do nothing. There's no intention to find out if SBF is town. It's just an easy way to push someone.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 288, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I like Space's initial response to GL, but the followup is too superficial and then quickly written off. I haven't seen the slot attempting to sort anyone in a serious way and the times it has given the appearance of doing so have been devoid of what I like to call the fire to find scum.
See that's the exact opposite with what I've seen from GL, at least with his push on me.

Explain how it was superficial. The "too quickly written off" is something that I typically see as a scum-scum interaction, or as town changing their minds. I'll need to read the interaction again.

It's the same kind of scum-scum possibility I got from bork and GL. A push, then a quick back off for what seemed like pretty superficial reasons. (Bork and GL have since both appeared town to me).
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:42 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 303, Lowell wrote:SBF is on the goddam money.

VOTE: guilty

From the beginning and his half-assed pocketing attempt on SS this guy has been slimy. I could squint and see null, but the townreads on this slot are appalling.
"I could squint and see null"

the perfect excuse for scum Lowell to say if GL flips town. Also it's just a totally sheeped reason. No explanation for the sliminess.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 306, GuiltyLion wrote:Lowell doesn't operate in null reads and uncertainty.
Can you explain this?

I'm assuming this is a meta-based read.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 313, Eddie Cane wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 27, Sobolev Space wrote:
@mod
-
In post 0, Aristophanes wrote:1. This game will have public voting with 14 day deadlines until the start of day 3. From then there will be 10 day deadlines.
In post 25, Aristophanes wrote:
Day one ends March 14th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-14 13:00:00)
Is day 1 14 or 24 days long?
In post 40, Sobolev Space wrote:^ is this to me or GL?

For me just 1 full game and 2 games where I replaced into a slot.
In post 44, Sobolev Space wrote:What point?
In post 60, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 56, TTTT wrote:
In post 28, Aristophanes wrote:You will receive the I Am Error Achievement for this!
(For pointing out a Mod Error). I'll post a list at the end of the game.)
That last closing parenthesis has no corresponding opener.
Achievement earned!!!
Damn I wanted to be special.
In post 132, Sobolev Space wrote:Great minds think alike bork.
In post 134, Sobolev Space wrote:Care to explain the town read on me?
In post 198, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 192, Eddie Cane wrote:hey btw idr if I said it in this game or not but assuming I'm still alive i'll be v/LA for most of March. going away for almost 3 weeks. I will have Internet access so I'll still be here but it'll be limited. 7th-25th to be exact. just a heads up.
Don't worry Eddie I'll make sure to get you lynched before that ;)
In post 222, Sobolev Space wrote:GL's last few posts are atrocious.
In post 267, Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 266, Fro99er wrote:I can see Lowell and eddie as a team right now
^
In post 291, Sobolev Space wrote:Bork when we sync up completely we'll become a single unlynchable, unkillable super town.

out of his 31 (?) posts, around half are filler/joking. the others are almost all extremely low content as well. scum hunting doesn't work if you only answer questions, produce other content. you don't need to be directly involved in something for a discussion.

You'll want to use "spoiler=" next time.

You're welcome again.
jfc

eddie here with the "joking = scum" bullcrap
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 317, Lowell wrote:Also I call everyone "opportunistic" all the time. It's the longest word I know how to spell so I use it a lot.
I lol'd
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:55 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 317, Lowell wrote:
In post 306, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 279, Lowell wrote:Scumvibes from GL, not sure how everyone is seeing that guy as town. Opportunistic as whoa. Continued scumvibes from frogger, who looks like he's trying to pocket everyone.
VOTE: Lowell

I don't think town!Lowell would call me "opportunistic" here. It's simply not a meaningful or accurate description of my play, especially when the game is still early/halfway through D1, so I'm having a hard time seeing where he could be honestly coming from with that perspective.
In post 303, Lowell wrote:From the beginning and his half-assed pocketing attempt on SS this guy has been slimy. I could squint and see null, but the townreads on this slot are appalling.
This line also strikes me as scummy, Lowell doesn't operate in null reads and uncertainty. The last line reads to me like it's designed to make people think he's genuinely attempting to sort me or perhaps also to keep me townreading him. Didn't work.
No, I'm not sorting you. You've been sorted. That last bit was a comment on others who are townreading you. No idea where that comes from.

Also I call everyone "opportunistic" all the time. It's the longest word I know how to spell so I use it a lot.

Finally, a 1v1.

Assemble, everyone. It's me or GL, choose sides and shoot to kill.
Not sure this has to be a 1v1 but I kinda think this might actually be towny from Lowell. Scum typically don't show this bravado around a 1v1 unless it's with their scumbuddy for scum theater.

Also the "i'm not sorting you. You've been sorted" is pretty blatant that he's not attempting anymore to sort GL. Something that scum could easily jump on Lowell for, and scum typically refrain from doing themselves for fear of being scumread for it.

Maybe it's not eddie-lowell.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 326, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 319, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 308, Eddie Cane wrote:I didn't quote everything. but anyways, his iso is just trolling and has extremely minimal content. there is very little content here and a lot of fence sitting: 222 is just shade, more importantly, I hate 229. he says he doesn't see it coming from scum and then proceeds to call it a null read. you literally just said it doesn't come from scum, so why would you not at least town lean him? there's just so little content and so much joking in your iso. I disagree with the notion your play is earnest; you're a competent enough player and I dislike you posting enough to stay "active" while not coming out with any actual content.
I am going to continually fight you on an SS lynch and no one else agrees with you. This is a vanity lynch that you're not gonna get. Do something else.
Don't be sure. why can't ss be lynched? what makes them so townie for you? or sell me on another scum read. Otherwise, my vote stays where it is and I explore others to join.
Then you should be pushing them for reasons other than joking.

Make me believe your case.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 335, borkjerfkin wrote:I'm still pretty sold on eddie town; he just seems incredibly honest in his process right now (mostly @frogger @bella, who have historically opposed that read)
We're going to have to vet this out more, because I'm seeing the exact opposite.
like 331 he could just take what I gave and been fine with it instead of continuing to prod about it, and i don't think he's doing it to read me (or fake reading me if he's scum) - i think he really does give a fuck about sorting SS
for example, explain how you think he gives a fuck about sorting SS. to me the read is really shallow.
Heil King Froggo.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”