Micro 694: Gamble N UPick : Risk and Reward THE WAR IS OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

why would I use a dark winds ability when I know coming in to the Day that I'm going to be the one taking heat and I'd want more time to try and convince others to go to you

especially knowing momo is slacker
balance among all things
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by CommKnight »

You tell me, it wasn't my ability. Also your theory would not fit me having it since I need to use all of my powers to win? Then why would I have this ability twice???

Nope, this is you. Unless it's the mod or a third party messing with us.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

like I said

making guesses, not trying to write a story
balance among all things
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by CommKnight »

You got under 3 hours to mislynch me. Not gonna happen. So Good Game scum, but I nailed ya.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

meh I just hope mcmenno comes on and re-evaluates and makes the right choice

frank is so unreliable
balance among all things
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by ZZZX »

Closed for day end. Gona take a few hours to check some stuff before the flip~
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Post by ZZZX »

Drealmerz7 Who is scum day-accelerator has been lynched!

Frank has died out of grief! He was a Town loverizer

CommKnight is Endgamed!

3rd Party win: Zombies: momo and McMenno

Modnotes:Come ON guys. This is a bastard game. Lets get back from where this went wrong for everyone.
@Town: So instead of doubting the revival being bastard you all believed that I will allow the setup to turn into a lovely 5 conf town setup? Uhh.. No!
@Scum: Same as town. Everytime I hear people talking about balance I kinda cringed inside. It did hurt me when noone stopped and thought (hmm,,,, Maybe not everything is as it seems!)
@Zombies: You guys did alright by... not doing anything. Game went on and everyone basically got rid of each others
@Charloux: Too honest y.y I had so many good ideas for your role.
Also its not a good idea to leave the lovers until the end huh.

Town strength came from PoE but in another method. If town can net down the scum using the PoE fast enough and/or convince the scum to try their luck with the revived towns then Zombies will be easily caught as any death of a zombie will end up reveling the whole faction
Scum had the least ammount of bastardness in thier roles. All of it was direct which is thier strength. Also if they can delay the town finding them they can easily take control of the game. Also scum should have tried to finish of dreal at that moment. It will get them more lynches and will end up with a 1 scum vs 1 town vs 2 zombies, Which imo is much easier as a NL can reveal a zombie for example
Zombies were basically 3rd party who had to live until the end.

Notes for roles:
CommKnight: His role was 100% honest. He has a BP , Lynch Redirect and a silence
Dunns: He was a rouge magician. (I believe he rolled a -4 lol) which basically does whatever he asks.. with a twist which depends on the size of the action. A simple cop would return either a naive cop/paranoid cop depending on rng. A revival? I didn't expect a revival. But a zombie Apocalypse was a worthy punichment
McMenno: Totally Randomized action (I promise you I have not messed with the results), D1 was a sane cop, D2 he used the ability he gained (abstain) because of zombification which allows him to not submit for one day.(he didnt really use it but not submitting randomizes his action so yea) D3 he ended up using a rolestop
Srceenplay: Night Gossiper. He sends messages at the night
Frank: Town Loverizer. I planned for him to submit the pair either on N0 or D1. But he forgot to and sent it on N1. I let it happen because it affects the balance if it didn't happen (it was one of the more swingy roles).
Momo: Town Wiseman, Can check a person to know if his pick is less than, equal to or greater than 5. When zombified he gained the ability to automatically block the person casting the dark wind
YuMightBeIrrational: 1-shot strongman and 1-shot Super Strongman. The 2nd shot was planned in case Charloux achieves a mission of at least B difficulty which would give him a 1-shot deathproof. Generally normal
Drealmerz7: Honestly the D1 usage wasn't THAT bad but still kinda hurt the scum. Later usages or confusions with the revivals would be more effective overall as d1 ends up with a mislynch anyway. He had 2 shots darkwinds
Charloux: I give him missions and he gains powers. He was too honest and his role was outed too early. His role starts off very weak and gains strength the later he survives to. If he survived to D3-4 while doing hard missions it would have been his win for example

Finally I thank you all for playing and appologize for the general balance. The game events went in the worst way possible for many factions. was quite random and so. Overall I hope you all enjoyed the game.

Cheers!
redacted
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Post by CommKnight »

A whole whooping 29 posts from McMenno and 27 posts from Momo, most of them D1 or D2. D3 and D4 they were rather silent. Once it was proven Yu was lying I felt pretty damn comfortable there was no cult or the like in the game.

I think out of all the town roles in the game, mine had the most power even though I only picked 9.

Also is there gonna be role PM's, actions, etc posted?
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

There ended up being 5 scum in a 9 player game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't know what you wanted us to do about the zombies

Like we lose if we lynch them
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Post by CommKnight »

It also made your power anti-town and thus took away from town's overall power. It'd require me in the position I was in (with mafia strongman dead) and at least two other town to push a zombie lynch. AND it required the loverizer to loverize the mafia like he did. It required too much luck for a 5v4. Especially in a game where one of the third parties managed to out themselves, but if they hadn't then they would be more and more powerful as days gone by.

Then on top of that, a scum player who could reduce the time in the day to 24 hours where inactive players. The low activity was also kinda bull.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 531, ZZZX wrote:When zombified he gained the ability to automatically block the person casting the dark wind
What is this
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:32 pm

Post by ZZZX »

[quote="In post 534, Dunnstral"][/quote]
Well if either you guys lynched them EARLY as in d2 when no other thing was going on. Or got scum to kill them. F.e. Also in a bastard game with an open-ended role. Expect the worst
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:33 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 536, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 531, ZZZX wrote:When zombified he gained the ability to automatically block the person casting the dark wind
What is this
he basically blocked the scum ability
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 535, CommKnight wrote:It also made your power anti-town and thus took away from town's overall power. It'd require me in the position I was in (with mafia strongman dead) and at least two other town to push a zombie lynch. AND it required the loverizer to loverize the mafia like he did. It required too much luck for a 5v4. Especially in a game where one of the third parties managed to out themselves, but if they hadn't then they would be more and more powerful as days gone by.

Then on top of that, a scum player who could reduce the time in the day to 24 hours where inactive players. The low activity was also kinda bull.
The scum had barely any abilities. The town had a shitton of PRs. And here is where the problem happened: To achieve balance some of the PRs had negative effects (which is did mention in like the registration post). I am surprised people tried to use thier abilities like they did. But oh well.
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 532, CommKnight wrote:Also is there gonna be role PM's, actions, etc posted?
I've already posted a summery above
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:36 pm

Post by ZZZX »

To be honest a series of unfortunate events starting from early Charloux lynch (he had a reward that will help him know there are zombies) to how the game went killed the town.

Also Dunn.. You picking revive was asking for trouble haha :P I never saw it coming..
redacted
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 538, ZZZX wrote:
What is this
but it got casted
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Post by McMenno »

braiiiins
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 541, ZZZX wrote:To be honest a series of unfortunate events starting from early Charloux lynch (he had a reward that will help him know there are zombies) to how the game went killed the town.
But charloux wasn't town
ZZZX wrote:Also Dunn.. You picking revive was asking for trouble haha :P I never saw it coming..
In the future you need to balance abilities around the strongest thing they can do (you made the role, and you decided the limitations)
The role was worded something like "you can use any action" so It's pretty foolish to assume it gets used as a cop action

To be honest even if we lynched the 3 headed hydra and then charloux knew there was zombies - then what does town do from there

Oh well :? It was Bastard but the zombies ended up being pretty much game breaking. Also, the zombies just weren't a good mechanic - momo won by being lynchbait day 1 and then doing nothing. Like, momo actually delayed the game for 20 something hours not bothering to post at all during the day lol.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 544, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 541, ZZZX wrote:To be honest a series of unfortunate events starting from early Charloux lynch (he had a reward that will help him know there are zombies) to how the game went killed the town.
But charloux wasn't town
ZZZX wrote:Also Dunn.. You picking revive was asking for trouble haha :P I never saw it coming..
In the future you need to balance abilities around the strongest thing they can do (you made the role, and you decided the limitations)
The role was worded something like "you can use any action" so It's pretty foolish to assume it gets used as a cop action

To be honest even if we lynched the 3 headed hydra and then charloux knew there was zombies - then what does town do from there

Oh well :? It was Bastard but the zombies ended up being pretty much game breaking. Also, the zombies just weren't a good mechanic - momo won by being lynchbait day 1 and then doing nothing. Like, momo actually delayed the game for 20 something hours not bothering to post at all during the day lol.
I mean. the limit got out of my mind. SO yea that much is my fault I guess :) Also charloux can use that information to buy himself some time f.e. Anyway Zombies were too swingy ~
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 542, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 538, ZZZX wrote:
What is this
but it got casted
Drealmerz got a rolestopper because of McMenno
redacted
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Gg. Thank you mod.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:54 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

@Commknight: you never knew I was lying. There would have been no reason to use the alignment check for those we ynched on N1(which we had never claimed to do, but you somehow thought we had claimed), and given the suspicion on us, town!us would have never been shot, so it would have made the most sense to use the cop ability the night before lylo to mnimize the risk of a loss.

In addition, regarding your argument that leaving you alive was a bad idea: umm, no. The only options for kills that night were you and screenplay, because in the world we lived in, where mcmenno/momo were town, Dunn revived them, and screenplay got copped by mcmenno, the flip of any of them but screenplay would have created 3 unlynchables. If we killed YOU, it was probable that I would be lynched the next day, and we needed drealmerz to be lynched D2 because we knew that SOMEONE would realize his survival of that night, if a mislynch happened during the day, meant there must be scum in the lovers.

In any case, town lost this game from the first ML, everything else was just deciding which anti-town faction was going to win.

Mistakes we made: Instead of just having drealmerz push the idea of commknight using his lynch redirect(which was, btw, absolutely the optimal play for any competent town to make, you were simply too biased in your appraisal of the slots involved to recognize that it was the safest play to make) I got involved, which resulted in the redirection being used, with me dying instead of the lovers pair. Had I not done that, I would have killed McMenno, with the reasoning that any kill except commknight would confirm people, but dunns town flip would do more to hurt us than that of his revivals, leaving us at what I would have seen as a 1v1 between myself and CommKnight, which I felt I could easily win given that all his arguments were wrong(because he kept forgetting that with a scum in the lovers pair, his "autowin" did not exist). Plus, drealmerz noted that CommKnight play seemed that be an attempt at baiting us into shooting him, and risking attempt vengeful or PGO was not worth it.

I'm not sure if we still win if I don't speak up, commknight still has his redirect, and I shoot one of the zombies, throwing the alignment of the remaining two into doubt. Not sure what commknight would have done, but I think, based on his displayed unwillingness to reconsider the situation , that I still end up with a forced lynch and maybe town wins.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 am

Post by CommKnight »

Lol, I had the hydra pegged for a while. It was the lover pair I was unsure about. I was 100% confident in you flipping scum based on PoE. I was less sure of the lover pair having one (heck, I even played with the idea of Frank being a 3rd party loverizer who needed to survive to ENDGAME with their selected person).

Honestly this game was broken the moment Dunn revived them and they became paired into a zombie faction. Town needing to rely on scum and Char to lynch zombies and then just die off themselves? LOL not gonna happen.

Also the activity this game was less than ideal. In a more active game we would've at least had more active town. Dunn was really the only active townie in the game. (Other than Screenplay who met a quick end N2).

But yeah, summarized isn't what I'm looking for, I'm curious about the full details behind the roles and actions and what Char's quests were (with rewards). As well as a list of what McMenno's random abilities are. (Or was everything just made up on the spot?)
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”