Micro 694: Gamble N UPick : Risk and Reward THE WAR IS OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

That's the thing CommKnight, having me pegged by PoE(which was demonstrably wrong and based on false assumptions) is meaningless. :P You still lose a 1v1 versus me in LYLO imo. :P
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:48 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 549, CommKnight wrote:But yeah, summarized isn't what I'm looking for, I'm curious about the full details behind the roles and actions and what Char's quests were (with rewards). As well as a list of what McMenno's random abilities are. (Or was everything just made up on the spot?)
If you can give me 1-2 days I can give you a well formatted post with all details

about McMenno. I honestly just went to the wiki and kept hitting random until I got a page~

For Charloux the quests depend on the flow of the game.. His quests are not random hence the quest to "not get lynched"
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Anyways, GG, town got kinda screwed by their most powerful role rolling a -4 for his utility. :P He was pretty much guaranteed to screw over you guys somehow.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:32 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

eh, but I did think the rezzed were scum

there was just nothing I could do as scum to push them as scum without seeming like super-scum
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:35 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

ugh, how could you not have expected dunnstral to use revival?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:41 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

so, overall frustrating, but very interesting

I'd sign up for more ZZZX games
balance among all things
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 554, drealmerz7 wrote:ugh, how could you not have expected dunnstral to use revival?
idk :?
redacted
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:47 am

Post by CommKnight »

Furthermore, town really had next to 0 PRs. Momo was practically useless. (Seriously, what use is knowing the number someone picked when most outed it publicly anyway? Not like it was alignment indicative or we even knew which roles would be under which numbers when they were 100% random). Screenplay basically can just be mod confirmed town, nothing more. Frank's loverizer can be completely anti-town if he hit a townie with it. Dunn's you knew you were going to screw up somehow. (The zombies being practically game breaking). Then McMenno who never knew what his ability would do and ended up being rather useless town roles as well.

I mean perhaps I'm biased here... but I was the only real town PR we had that could benefit town. Everything else was more anti-town/useless to figuring out factions. Without the evil king theory, there was no real way to tell Char was evil. Drealm and Yu just stroke bad luck with Drealm using his ability early and causing the question as to who used it (since I could account for the rest of the players doing something other than him and Yu). Which, was their killer moment right there.

But zombies? That just broke the game. I mean by D2, town was outnumbered. Which seems to be a theme in all the bastard games I play on here. I can accept cults, jesters and the like. But outnumbering town with all town alive (well 2 converted)? Hell nah.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:49 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 557, CommKnight wrote:Furthermore, town really had next to 0 PRs. Momo was practically useless. (Seriously, what use is knowing the number someone picked when most outed it publicly anyway? Not like it was alignment indicative or we even knew which roles would be under which numbers when they were 100% random). Screenplay basically can just be mod confirmed town, nothing more. Frank's loverizer can be completely anti-town if he hit a townie with it. Dunn's you knew you were going to screw up somehow. (The zombies being practically game breaking). Then McMenno who never knew what his ability would do and ended up being rather useless town roles as well.

I mean perhaps I'm biased here... but I was the only real town PR we had that could benefit town. Everything else was more anti-town/useless to figuring out factions. Without the evil king theory, there was no real way to tell Char was evil. Drealm and Yu just stroke bad luck with Drealm using his ability early and causing the question as to who used it (since I could account for the rest of the players doing something other than him and Yu). Which, was their killer moment right there.

But zombies? That just broke the game. I mean by D2, town was outnumbered. Which seems to be a theme in all the bastard games I play on here. I can accept cults, jesters and the like. But outnumbering town with all town alive (well 2 converted)? Hell nah.
Yea. Game got sliiightly too off-track. But remeber that the scum barely had any abilities really. a strongman is nearly meaningless and then the only real ability they have is a the 24hours thing. Which you counter

basically zombies broke the game.

Also if it makes you all any better I am planning to start another Math-Themed Micro which is not bastard and 200% more balanced (people liked the first MathMafia). If you are interested PM me and I will give you details asap
redacted
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 548, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm not sure if we still win if I don't speak up, commknight still has his redirect, and I shoot one of the zombies, throwing the alignment of the remaining two into doubt. Not sure what commknight would have done, but I think, based on his displayed unwillingness to reconsider the situation , that I still end up with a forced lynch and maybe town wins.
well it said "I appear as town" so I dunno if I flipped as town but that's what I assumed, also there were only two zombies (momo and I) as dunnstral was town
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:08 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

ZZZX, I think this was probably a great learning experience for your next bastard game, and I look forward to playing it!

I don't mean to sound so "bah! negative", I just felt like we/I had no chance

probably was stupid of me to kill dunnstral but I was afraid that if I killed one of the rezzed that they WOULD flip town even though in my deeper brain I was like "there is no way it is possible they can be town", I had a lot of thoughts about their flips being lies and then I was going to have NO chance to sell commknight as scum the next Day
balance among all things
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 560, drealmerz7 wrote:ZZZX, I think this was probably a great learning experience for your next bastard game, and I look forward to playing it!

I don't mean to sound so "bah! negative", I just felt like we/I had no chance

probably was stupid of me to kill dunnstral but I was afraid that if I killed one of the rezzed that they WOULD flip town even though in my deeper brain I was like "there is no way it is possible they can be town", I had a lot of thoughts about their flips being lies and then
I was going to have NO chance to sell commknight as scum the next Day
Hehe, no offense, but you had no chance of selling me as scum. I mean you could've got my lynch due to the others being anti-town as well, but definitely would not make sense for me to leave the lovers alive and kill my own partner. I was sitting there laughing when I was arguing you that point. Because being realistic, if I were scum, I could've endgamed the town if it was me and Yu and I had the abilities that I did.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yeah, what commknight said. Any chance of getting him lynched required that the lovers pair be removed and shown to contain scum. At that point, the entirety of his defense falls apart.

And yeah, you should have shot one of the revived, that's what I was expecting since it was the last thing I had suggested, but I hadon't made it completely clear which member of the set of interconnected slots I thought you should shoot.

@Mcmenno: I know there were only two zombies, but once one flipped as a zombie both dunnstral and rhe other zombies alignment would have been called into question, since Dunn could have been a necromancer who raised some people as zombies.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Charloux »

This game was fairly balanced until the zombies showed up; But it was really interesting and i will sign up if you mod another one!
Was kinda hoping Drealm would win after royally killing all my chances of winning, but once Comm sets his eyes on you, and he has a good PR, you stand almost no chance. The only chance we had was to lynch him when i RB'ed him, but you missed it and this is the result.
Also my role wasn't really anti-town, because my win con was to either kill everybody, or finish a number of quests if i understood correctly.

@Mod:Can you post our random modifiers and how our roles would change if it was +4/-4 ?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 563, Charloux wrote:This game was fairly balanced until the zombies showed up; But it was really interesting and i will sign up if you mod another one!
Was kinda hoping Drealm would win after royally killing all my chances of winning, but once Comm sets his eyes on you, and he has a good PR, you stand almost no chance. The only chance we had was to lynch him when i RB'ed him, but you missed it and this is the result.
Also my role wasn't really anti-town, because my win con was to either kill everybody, or finish a number of quests if i understood correctly.

@Mod:Can you post our random modifiers and how our roles would change if it was +4/-4 ?
As I said I will post everything soon.

Also yes. your role can actually win with both scum and town depending on missions. Especially A/S rank missions
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:41 am

Post by ZZZX »

I wanted Charloux to be more of a wildcard. And get the chance late game to pick a side if I gets good quests
redacted
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

yeh, sorry cerb, head wasn't fully in the game

this is certainly my worst scum performance ever
balance among all things
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

VOTE: drealm
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:25 am

Post by CommKnight »

Haha, I might not be the traditional mafia player, but Char is right. Once you're in my scope, you either kill me or eat rope. Simply no other alternative.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:28 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I think your sense of your performance is a little higher than it should be for this game. I mean, you're a really good player, but, it pretty much solved itself for you and didn't take a lot of skill to pin down yume and me.
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:28 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I definitely look forward to playing more games with you.
balance among all things
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:50 am

Post by momo »

TOO EASY!!!!!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 332, momo wrote:
In post 331, Charloux wrote:I wanted to see you flustered before i die, but since i have to sleep, i have to say my last words now.
There is no deathroulete or anything, i am a 3rd party absolute king and i kicked the bucket first which is a pity.
I seriously didn't cause the black wind on D1, my guess is that Dunn caused it(fits his role anyway), and that really screwed me up. It's also likely the two he resurrected are his minions now, so i suggest to check him out tonight if there are any investigative roles.
Dang this is fake. I am sorry but I really do not want this happening right now. No more surprises or anything.

VOTE: Charloux
This left a bad taste in my mouth after i learnt your alignment.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Radja »

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”