Micro 706: Restrictive Mafia (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Micro 706: Restrictive Mafia (Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:51 am

Post by Nexus »

Restrictive Mafia

I am tired of the spam filled, shit post centric games. So, you can only post the amount I say so! There are
2 Mafia Goons
and
7 Vanilla Townies

The restrictions are either:

You are allowed to post
times during the first day,
times during the second, and
times in subsequent days.

Or

You are allowed to post
times during the first day,
times during the second, and
times in subsequent days.

This may or may not have been randomised for Town and Scum.

Votes count as a post.

Mod:
Nexus

Player List:
  1. Antihuman

2. Lycanfire

3. Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
  4. Umlaut

5. Not_Mafia

6. TheRealGin-N-Tonic

7. ZZZX

8. Edosurist
  9. Socrates

Posts Today
Spoiler:
Gamma Emerald3
BlackVoid2
Umlaut4
Not_Mafia3
TheRealGin-N-Tonic3
Edosurist2
Socrates4

Alive:

Spoiler:
BlackVoid - Mafia Goon (8/5/3) and Socrates - Mafia Goon (12/9/6)

Dead:

Spoiler:
  • ZZZX - Vanilla Townie (8/5/3) - Lynched Day 1

Lycanfire - Vanilla Townie (12/9/6) - Killed Night 1

Not_Mafia - Vanilla Townie (12/9/6) - Lynched Day 2

TheRealGin-N-Tonic - Vanilla Townie (12/9/6) - Killed night 2

Gamma Emerald - Vanilla Townie (8/5/3) - Lynched Day 3
    Edosurist - Vanilla Townie (8/5/3) - Endgamed
    Umlaut - Vanilla Townie (8/5/3) - Endgamed
  • Trans rights are human rights.
    Nexus
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    miss

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Nexus »

Game Rules:

Rule 0: Don't be a dick.
    - If you are being a dick, you run the risk of force-replacement or modkill. You may or may not be warned.

General:

- Please adhere to the site rules.
    - Do not discuss this game of mafia outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to do so.
    - Day phases will last 2 weeks maximum.
    - Night Phases will last 48 hours maximum.
    - During night phase, no talking may be done in the thread.
    - Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.
    - If you have any questions about your role, or the game, feel free to PM the mod.
    - "Bah" posts are not allowed.
    - If you break any of these rules, you will probably be modkilled.

Voting/Player Actions:

- All votes must be in bold format: vote: Nexus for example.
    - Try to unvote before voting. Unvotes must also be in bold.
    - Any and all votes will be counted, if you wish to waste a day phase voting for someone not in the game,that's fine by me.
    - You may vote No Lynch.
    - Voting tricks are not acceptable. If you misspell someone's name intentionally, but I get the gist of it, the vote will count.
    - A lynch will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no lynch shall occur.
    - Following a lynch, it is twilight. You may continue to post until I lock the thread and declare it night.
    - If you have a Night Action, you may submit it from Night 1 and each subsequent Night. No other time.

Activity:

- You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you haven't posted for 48 hours, I shall prod you. If you do not respond to the prod within 48 hours (either in thread if it's Day, or via PM during the Night) then I will replace you.
    - Similarly, if you require more than three prods, I will force-replace you.

Mechanics:

-
    Blue
    is my colour. Please don't use it.
    - Confirm by how your Role PM tells you to once you are ready to play. Once there are 7 confirms, the game begins.
    - Do not edit your posts.
    - No impossible/hard to read text, or cryptography.
    - The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
    - If there is a hydra or an alt in the game, you must not post in your normal account. Doing so and then not quoting it as a hydra or an alt will invite a warning. Excessive failure to post as a hydra or an alt and not quoting it will result in force-replacement.
    - If you need to get the mod's attention, either PM me, or bold the text you wish to draw to my attention.
    - I reserve the right to alter/remove/add any rules as I see fit. You will, of course, be notified if that happens, however.
    Trans rights are human rights.
    Nexus
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    miss

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Nexus »

Roles have been randomised and PMs are being sent out. The game will begin when I get 7/9 confirmations.
    Nexus
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    miss

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Nexus »

Day 1 begins. With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is in 10 days, at 6am BST on Sunday 7th May 2017 (expired on 2017-05-07 06:00:00)

Antihuman has 48 hours to confirm before he will be replaced.

If you break your post restriction - in the first instance you will be warned, and the second instance your slot will be modkilled.

Don't forget - votes count as a post.
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    Jack of All Trades
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Alright, so I'm going to start off by saying I'm allowed the 12 post restriction. With that I'll try to spread this out so I post at least once a day and I'll be doing spoilered posts on each player.

With this restriction, I think the optimal play here is for each player to always make a spoilered section on each player in the game.

The reason being with such limited amount of posting involved, associatives can be hard to find if a player only mentions a couple people.

With everyone talking about everyone, that leaves no room for the 2 scum to not talk about the other in their posts. This also means post!flip of a scum, we can associative hunt as they will have mentioned their scum butt.

Obviously I can't force compliance here but it's not hard to understand how it'd be anti-town to not give reads on each player with the limited amount of posting.

Now for RVS, I think are best bet, since we can't technically respond to each other since none of us posted yet, is to give out 2 or 3 names of people you wish to sort out, from there, we can decide a consensus of who we would all agree upon, give a reason why, and then once we all have given a reason to lynch or not to lynch a player, that is where we can start the spoiler posting on each player in the game.

As far as day start happens, there is no need to RVS-esqe it as we can make posts analyzing the day before and reporting on what we think on days before.

As of right now, the two or three people I'd like to sort are Not_Mafia, Lycan, and Edos.

Obviously if you're the second or third poster, you will be able to comment on this and we can actually start replying to each other by making your post contain analysis of the posters before you until we reach all 9 players posting.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
    “To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
    "Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
    Not_Mafia
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Smash Hit

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

RVS! VOTE: Edosurist
    Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
    I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
    I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
    Edosurist
    Edosurist
    Mafia Scum
    Edosurist
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by Edosurist »

Hello all. I have the 8-5-3 restriction. This works well because I'm out of town this weekend.
    @Mod:
    V/LA 4/28-4/30. I'll also add that I think it's hilarious that you decided to run this after all that went on in Fat Boy.

Gin is town here. His post is well-thought-out and I agree with the methodology he devised. It holds everyone to mentioning all other players and cuts down on the posting inefficiency of RVS.
    That being said, I'm not a fan of NM's post. He's squandered the use of his post and not provided anything meaningful besides perhaps that I'm the only one on his list.
    Sorry I gotta be a killjoy here :shifty: No RVS for you.

As for who I'd consider right now, I'll take NM, Umlaut, and Socrates.

P.S. This post restriction is going to make it a pain if I ever realize I make a typo.
    The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
    I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
    Edo
    Edoist
    (pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
    Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
    Not_Mafia
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Smash Hit

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

RVS is good, you're wrong
    I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
    I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
    Antihuman
    Antihuman
    Goon
    Antihuman
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Post by Antihuman »

Hi. I have 8 posts today so unless the mod wants us to break the game, it's surely randomized.
    I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum and think N_M's actions are towny (as in: come from a relaxed town perspective). Surely he must be aware of the consequences his behavior would net him, considering how serious people are gonna take every single post. I doubt scum would put themselves out there like that.
    I'm wary of Edos' premature assessment of Gin's alignment. I've seen scum start off with strats, allowing them to safely ride on the early towncred almost as often as town so I wouldn't say this is AI.
    However, let's go with it ftm. I'll try to sort Edos, Umlaut and ZZZX.

8-1=7
    I'm an alt
    Nexus
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    miss

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:20 pm

Post by Nexus »

If you use up all of your posts more than 48 hours before deadline, I will PM you to ensure you are still watching the game and inform the rest of the game via the next nearest VC that you are still paying attention.
    Umlaut
    Umlaut
    Jack of All Trades
    Umlaut
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:15 am

Post by Umlaut »

I don't see any reason not to claim post limits. I am 8-5-3 restricted.

There are two things I'd like to add to the agenda.

Firstly:
    I have some past experience with Not_Mafia and Lycanfire, though not much.
    • I played with Not_Mafia in Newbie 1661 and Open 679. I was scum in both; he was town in the former and scum in the latter.
    • I played with Lycanfire in Micro 634 and Micro 635. I was town in both; he was scum in the former and town in the latter.
    As far as I can recall I have never been in a game with anyone else here.

I'd like everyone to say in their next post with whom they have experience playing,
    so that we don't have to waste posts asking around for meta reads.

Secondly:
    Absent a compelling reason to do otherwise,
    I would like to default to lynching Not_Mafia today.

This isn't really about of his two posts today, but they do illustrate a point. Not_Mafia's meta is such that he can get away with blatantly anti-town behavior because people just say "lol, that's NM." See e.g. Open 679 linked above. His first post of the game was an immediate quickhammer on town. His second post of the game was
    another
    immediate quickhammer on town. He was briefly wagoned for this but in the end everyone just wrote it off as wacky hijinx. So he was never lynched, was not even seriously considered as a lynch candidate in lylo, and scum won a perfect victory.

I am not willing to allow the possibility of Not_Mafia trolling to a scum victory in this game. Until I have an actual strong scumread elsewhere and/or he towns up a
    lot
    , I am going to advocate his lynch.

VOTE: Not_Mafia (L-2)

Regarding the game so far:

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    made a solid introduction. I think his strategies are more or less correct:
    • I agree that we should skip RVS and go straight to reads, weak as they'll be.
    • I think it's at least reasonable to divide our labor and focus on sorting specific players. (Though we should immediately throw this plan out if we find ourselves telling people to mind their own business when they offer analysis of some other player.)
    • I agree that, since we are posting so little, there is no excuse not to include every player in every post.
    Echoing Edo, I don't think having a nice intro post full of obviously correct advice is particularly alignment-indicative. I would like him to explain whether there is a reason he chose those three players in particular to sort.

Not_Mafia
    is... well, you know.

Edosurist
    's reads are very superficial. Granted that he's going off all of two posts, I don't see how a veteran player looks at a single tryhard intro post by TRGNT and and says "yep, that settles it, town." And while I don't expect Edosurist to be exactly townreading NM's posts, he should have enough experience with shitposting to more or less dismiss it. (Of course, conversely one could say "I don't see how a veteran player gets caught out so quickly as scum." I'm considering that too.) This is something to keep an eye on.

Antihuman
    correctly calls out Edos' poorly-supported scumread on NM, but goes further and says he actively townreads NM. This should surprising, but I see it happen enough that don't want to read more into it than there really is. It's not a very good case but it could well be a towny one. I would also like him to explain any particular reasons he has for choosing those three players.

I'm going to attempt to sort LycanFire, Antihuman, and ZZZX. Lycanfire I chose for having what little meta I do with him; the other two are more or less arbitrary.
    “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
    and the other kind,
    ’ and those who
    don’t
    say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
    Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
    Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
    Goon
    Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Prof Hamm T Smiggles III »

Strategy stuff first: I think claiming our post limits only benefits scum as they try and manipulate vote timing for a mis-lynch. I also don't plan on limiting myself to 2-3 players for sorting. I see no reason why I cannot comment on all players in each post.

Gin's post should be considered NAI, and I don't like Edo's quick TR on the slot.

I can see NM doing this as either alignment, but absent a scum-read I will support a null-NM lynch over other nulls if he isn't going to provide info in his limited posts.

@Antihuman do you have experience playing with NM? If so, what here makes you think his behavior is towny?

I agree with everything Umlaut said in the reads part of his post.

To answer Umlaut's question, I recognize every player here except for ZZZX, Edosurist, & Socrates. So that means I've either played in a game with them with this or another account, or I've read one of their games somewhere. But the only player I have memorable experience with is NM, and I find him hard to read given his scummy by nature play-style.

VOTE: Edo for reasons stated and unstated.
    Class is in session.
    Not_Mafia
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Smash Hit

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I haven't done anything anti-town, what info am I missing?
    Lycanfire
    Lycanfire
    Mafia Scum
    Lycanfire
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Lycanfire »

12/9/6
    In post 4, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Now for RVS, I think are best bet, since we can't technically respond to each other since none of us posted yet, is to give out 2 or 3 names of people you wish to sort out, from there, we can decide a consensus of who we would all agree upon, give a reason why, and then once we all have given a reason to lynch or not to lynch a player, that is where we can start the spoiler posting on each player in the game.
    Agree on giving sort pools, would be scum as shit to enforce it on the first post.
    In post 5, Not_Mafia wrote:RVS! VOTE: Edosurist
    good vote
    In post 6, Edosurist wrote:Hello all. I have the 8-5-3 restriction. This works well because I'm out of town this weekend.
    @Mod:
    V/LA 4/28-4/30. I'll also add that I think it's hilarious that you decided to run this after all that went on in Fat Boy.

Gin is town here. His post is well-thought-out and I agree with the methodology he devised. It holds everyone to mentioning all other players and cuts down on the posting inefficiency of RVS.
    That being said, I'm not a fan of NM's post. He's squandered the use of his post and not provided anything meaningful besides perhaps that I'm the only one on his list.
    Sorry I gotta be a killjoy here :shifty: No RVS for you.

As for who I'd consider right now, I'll take NM, Umlaut, and Socrates.

P.S. This post restriction is going to make it a pain if I ever realize I make a typo.
    cuckpost
    In post 8, Antihuman wrote:I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum and think N_M's actions are towny (as in: come from a relaxed town perspective). Surely he must be aware of the consequences his behavior would net him, considering how serious people are gonna take every single post. I doubt scum would put themselves out there like that.
    This is typical NM. His presence here is easily a mockery of this game.
    In post 10, Umlaut wrote:
    I'd like everyone to say in their next post with whom they have experience playing,
    nah

shit vote btw
    In post 11, Prof Hamm T Smiggles III wrote:Strategy stuff first: I think claiming our post limits only benefits scum as they try and manipulate vote timing for a mis-lynch. I also don't plan on limiting myself to 2-3 players for sorting. I see no reason why I cannot comment on all players in each post.
    claim it in next post or my next 11 posts are votes on you

VOTE: ZZZX GET IN
    Socrates
    Socrates
    Mafia Scum
    Socrates
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 am

Post by Socrates »

Ahoy.

12/9/6

I've played with Not_Mafia, and it would probably be better to say that Lycan and Gin have seen
    me
    play, though I haven't really seen them play.

Prof does have a point that scum have an interest in killing the players with the most posts available to them to narrow the towns flexibility, especially as the game goes on. 8 posts might be enough for some breathing room day 1, but 5 and 3 posts are very hard limits to work with as the stakes escalate. I briefly considered lying about my restriction to surprise the scum come lylo (I like gambits, Gin and Lycan can probably attest to this), but it probably wouldn't benefit me much and I'm probably going to want to use these posts anyway.

That said, I do think all players should post their restriction. The mod said the distribution of restrictions MIGHT be randomized so we can't game that, but it will be good to know what everyone is working with and we should lock any potential liars in early.

Gin's opening was well thought out, and there's no harm in giving him some credit. The particularly pro-town mindset shown in his post is his concern about looking for associative tells, and putting some pressure on all players to talk about ALL other players is going to make the mafia's life harder, not just because of having to talk about their buddy, but it also makes it harder to be flexible about where they put their scum reads. He might just have these things on the mind because he IS scum, but if he fails to live up to his own standards it will bite him in the ass.

Edo's opening does nothing for me.
    In post 8, Antihuman wrote:Hi. I have 8 posts today so unless the mod wants us to break the game, it's surely randomized.
    Mind explaining this?
    I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum and think N_M's actions are towny (as in: come from a relaxed town perspective). Surely he must be aware of the consequences his behavior would net him, considering how serious people are gonna take every single post. I doubt scum would put themselves out there like that.
    Have you played with Not_Mafia before?
    I'm wary of Edos' premature assessment of Gin's alignment. I've seen scum start off with strats, allowing them to safely ride on the early towncred almost as often as town so I wouldn't say this is AI.
    However, let's go with it ftm. I'll try to sort Edos, Umlaut and ZZZX.

8-1=7
    Yeah, this is where my vote is starting.

VOTE: Antihuman

@Not_Mafia: feel like sharing your restriction?

Umlaut's vote is policy, and I will be watching to see if he is actually trying to sort NM or just wants the policy.

Neither Umlaut nor Antihuman are scum with NM.
    Lycanfire wrote:
    In post 10, Umlaut wrote:
    nah
    Why not?

I want Anti, Lycan, and NM sorted.

Am I forgetting anything?

Oh yes:

PSA: Reserve your last post for a vote. You will note be able to move your vote anymore after making it.
    ZZZX
    ZZZX
    Survivor
    ZZZX
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by ZZZX »

People I want to sort are Anti (assuming he is the same anti i recognize) and NM

I have the *8 restriction
    Not much I have right now. But will make sure of the remaining posts more strategically
    Implosion: I see ZZZX was
    redacted
    . For shame, people. For shame.
    The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
    Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
    Edosurist
    Edosurist
    Mafia Scum
    Edosurist
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by Edosurist »

I'll go ahead and post now that everyone's posted. Perhaps I should wait until Gin comments again just to maximize my posting efficiency, but I got things to do tonight.

I have played with ZZZX (I believe, no idea when though), Not_Mafia (I've misread him when he was town before), Gin very briefly, and possibly Socrates. The name rings a bell, but it could just have been some other MSer with another philosopher's name.

Spoiler: Not_Mafia
    His second/third posts didn't really do anything to convince me that he's not a good lynch today. FMPOV there's a 25% chance he's scum and I'll keep my vote here until I see something that suggests I shouldn't. I think this is the perfect kind of game for him to hide behind his meta and I think he's doing it now. I do acknowledge that he's easy mislynch bait if town, but considering the small number of people who want to lynch him rn, I'd say scum aren't pushing his mislynch right now.

Spoiler: Antihuman
    His post reads genuine to me. I just wish he'd at least acknowledge that NM's posts were anti-town. There's not a whole lot to say here other than I'm looking forward to more from him in his next post.

Spoiler: Umlaut
    In post 10, Umlaut wrote:I'd like everyone to say in their next post with whom they have experience playing, so that we don't have to waste posts asking around for meta reads.
    This I like. I've included a list to the best of my abilities.
    In post 10, Umlaut wrote:Secondly: Absent a compelling reason to do otherwise, I would like to default to lynching Not_Mafia today.
    I have no real problem with this. I used to advocate policy lynches way more often than I do now, but like, I just don't give a shit anymore. If I suggested policy lynches as much as I used to, I'd be consistently suggesting it on half of an average game's playerlist.
    In post 10, Umlaut wrote:Granted that he's going off all of two posts, I don't see how a veteran player looks at a single tryhard intro post by TRGNT and and says "yep, that settles it, town."
    Yes we're talking two posts here so it feels kinda unnecessary to point out (and in normal circumstances I'd just ignore it during RVS because everyone's making bold claims since there's nothing to go off of), but I don't think me saying "Gin is town here" equals "I've come to a conclusion that is final in any way."

Spoiler: Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
    In post 11, Prof Hamm T Smiggles III wrote:I think claiming our post limits only benefits scum as they try and manipulate vote timing for a mis-lynch. I also don't plan on limiting myself to 2-3 players for sorting. I see no reason why I cannot comment on all players in each post.
    1. I thought about the implications of claiming our post restrictions, and I guess scum can plot out how many posts are left in the day and therefore they can guess what moves are safe, but town can do this too. I think the effect of scum knowing everyone's post restrictions will be negligible. I also insist you claim your post restriction count for a separate reason that I don't want to go into yet.
    2. I don't believe our plan was to only discuss 2-3 players. As I understood it, the idea was to give an array of who you would consider voting for so that we aren't inefficient with how/when we vote. Stating a list of names just helps to keep track of people's scumreads without having to guess where people stand. As you can see, I agreed with Gin but I'm commenting on everyone.

Spoiler: Lycanfire
    In post 13, Lycanfire wrote:good vote
    Legit question: Is this sarcasm? I ask cuz you later say NM is a mockery but you also bash Umlaut for voting him. In general I just don't understand where you stand on the game.

I also don't understand why you wouldn't want to give your history with the other players.

Spoiler: Socrates
    In post 14, Socrates wrote:Prof does have a point that scum have an interest in killing the players with the most posts available to them to narrow the towns flexibility, especially as the game goes on. 8 posts might be enough for some breathing room day 1, but 5 and 3 posts are very hard limits to work with as the stakes escalate. I briefly considered lying about my restriction to surprise the scum come lylo (I like gambits, Gin and Lycan can probably attest to this), but it probably wouldn't benefit me much and I'm probably going to want to use these posts anyway.
    Remind me to come back to this.
    In post 14, Socrates wrote:Gin's opening was well thought out, and there's no harm in giving him some credit. The particularly pro-town mindset shown in his post is his concern about looking for associative tells, and putting some pressure on all players to talk about ALL other players is going to make the mafia's life harder, not just because of having to talk about their buddy, but it also makes it harder to be flexible about where they put their scum reads. He might just have these things on the mind because he IS scum, but if he fails to live up to his own standards it will bite him in the ass.
    I should have elaborated more but this is what I meant in my previous post. He just made scum's game a whole lot harder.
    In post 14, Socrates wrote:Yeah, this is where my vote is starting.

VOTE: Antihuman
    Why is this a scum post?

Spoiler: ZZZX
    I feel like his post was a waste. He could definitely have given at least some thoughts on people. At the very least, he could explain why he chose the two for his lynch pool that he did.

tl;dr - My lynch list is now NM, ZZZX, and Lycan. Read what I said regarding NM and Prof Hamm. Also I agree with Socrates regarding Gin's post.
    The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
    I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
    Edo
    Edoist
    (pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
    Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
    ZZZX
    ZZZX
    Survivor
    ZZZX
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:24 am

Post by ZZZX »

Antihuman
    Spoiler:
    Yo, Are you the same anti? Thoughts about the game so far?

Lycanfire
    Spoiler:
    I didn't get your posts about NM, Are you town reading him? Scum reading him? Hate reading him? Can you try to rephrase it somewhat

Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
    Spoiler:
    Yea I dont think I played with you either. But thats fine, There is a first for everything. And you will come to know why everyone
    hates
    loves ZZZX

Umlaut
    Spoiler:
    I mean, I see your point. But still I wana see what NM has to say about it

Not_Mafia
    Spoiler:
    Hey NM! Are you town? Also thoughts about the general ideas that you are trolling/not taking this game's mechanic seriously enough?

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    Spoiler:
    Hey! You replaced me and I think we played together once? Can't remeber for sure. Eitherway I liked your begining posts. Thats about all I remeber.

Edosurist
    Spoiler:
    I mean.. I DID like Gin's post but something in your post feels.. fake. I will try to see and put my hands on whatever is going on

Socrates
    Spoiler:
    Yo, I am sure we played before, Just not sure where and when haha.

Also the thing about saving the last post for the vote is kinda crucial to take care off. Harder to pull of lynches
    redacted
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    Jack of All Trades
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

AntiHuman, I haven't played a single game with him nor spectated.

Lycanfire, I just finished modding DBZA: Mafia Arrival to Namek, where he replaced in as scum. From what I observed there, as scum he will be posting a lot in the PT creating plans and this that or the other. As for his posting style, as a mod I didn't really much pay attention to his content but the game is easily available for me to look at. There was also a game I played with him where I was able to correctly town read his slot in a certain way. I'm not going to say what it was because I'm saving that to see how Lycan plays this game out.

Prof Hamm, I haven't played a single game with him nor spectated.

Umlaut, I've seen him in site chat :P

Not_Mafia, I've actually played two games with him, the first game was also my first game with Lycan, btw it was Spyro themed something. In that game we were actually neighbors and I didn't trust him at all but he was town. The other game I played with him was in Accounting Mafia and he was actually able to successfully lynch the last scum in MyLo.

For this very reason, I stress completely that N_M is not a useless player. Part of the reason I started out with N_M as my vote is because he is unfairly the easiest vote to put on and people can hide behind policy. The reason I'm policy testing is because last time I should have trusted my gut and caught scum after a post like this:
    viewtopic.php?p=8659834#p8659834

In a micro where literally one lynch is Mylo causing, pushing policy is just scummy as shit, not sorry.

ZZZX, I haven't played a single game with him nor specated. Although he apparently remembers me but I have no idea :P

Edosurist, I've played with once in Fat Boy Mafia and he shared the link to that game. More on him later.

Socrates, honestly we never truly played together because I replaced out of the one we did but I've seen one scum game of his and one town game of his.

As for the player's post themselves this game

Spoiler: Antihuman
    To put it under a lot of scrutiny, I have a love hate relationship with it.

For the first line "Hi. I have 8 posts today so unless the mod wants us to break the gmae, it's surely randomized." It confuses me as to what he's trying to get at when saying it's randomized.

As we move along in the post, my attitude towards it changes as I did like his assessment of N_M. The reason I like it will be self-explanatory when I do my bit on N_M as I share the view of N_M being likely town.

Now where things get spicy is when we delve into his segment on Edos. I'm digging it because it of two things. First off, the part where he calls Eod's read premature(which slaps me in the face to start paying attention because I'm a sucker for a townread). The second reason being is that, and I'm actually annoyed at Socrates about this, is that he correctly calls out that scum often start with strategy or mechanics talk instead of reads and what not to look like contributing.

I'll talk about Socrates annoyance thing when i get to him.

Spoiler: Lycanfire
    Honestly, I dont want Lycan alive at the moment from his post 13.

viewtopic.php?p=8836103#p8836103

Take a mighty gander at that post. The dude bloody analyzes the shit out of the game and post 13 lacked anything worth a nibble.

As for his post itself, I have questions that need answered.

His only comment about N_M is that Edos was a good vote and then he called Edos' post a cuck post.

There was no analyzation or true sorting going on when discussing Edos' post. Disregarding that, there is also the inconstientcy of Lycan obviously shading/scum reading Edos' yet he doesn't vote the slot or try to push it which I find scummy in itself.

Going on further, Ulmaut rights a mini-magna carta and he only chooses to be defient and shade whomever Umlaut was voting without going into any detail as to why it was a bad vote.

Lastly what I found disgusting was another hypocritical statement when he slammed Prof Hamm by saying he would basically tunnel him if he didn't claim how many posts he could post.
    Two reasons why this isn't okay is 1) It looks like an easy cop out to vote someone and then the 2) is that Lycan chooses to be unproductive by not saying who he's played with but is slandering a player for being unproductive.

Spoiler: Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
    My town reads will be unconventional, get used to it if you don't already know my style.

First off, the first paragraph by Proff Hamm makes me happy for a reason; in which I personally believe a scum player seeing my post will think, okay this guy means business, I must be on my toes and fuck it lets comply because everyone else will be because that's the "townie" thing to do.

With that said, with Hamm saying she doesn't want to claim because she doesn't want scum to off the people who have the highest post counts to make their lives easier.

Obviously this is first posting but I'm only going to get concerned with Hamm if she continues to push a null lynch near the end of the day and doesn't have a scum read to push.

Now as a question I need from you, you said you voted Edos for unstated reasons. What are those reasons because lets be real, hiding details isn't that great an idea.

Spoiler: Umlaut
    To first answer your question, it was quite simple for me. N_M I played accounting mafia with and I'm pretty sure I discussed my policy testing thing with N_M. Then with Lycan, my reasoning there was due to myself modding a game where he was scum. I wanted his scum game to be fresh in my mind while I try to see if he's scum this game. The last person was Edos and that was due to him being in Fat Boy Mafia and we just finished a game together.

As for your post itself, I'm diggin you suggesting that we talk about the players we had experience with so we can get meta talk out of the way quickly.

Now, it's evident I don't like policy lynching in micro's so I'm interested in WHY you would want to lynch N_M. What I dig is that it wasn't a shade post as to why you voted N_M. You brought up past games and examples of why you believed in what you did, so I can come to an understanding why you'd default to that.

Spoiler: Not_Mafia
    With N_M, I like the honesty and almost puzzling tone N_M gives off in post 12. It's reading to me that he's town and he is just doing what he does normally. okay fight me for buzzwords but he says "anti-town" and not scummy. I like it because he's thinking what is making him bad town and not a scummy scummer.

Spoiler: ZZZX
    I'm not going to lie, his first post sucked as it was a hi, hello how ya doing. The main thing is that it was post 15 and I'm P-sure almost everyone else has posted before he made comments. Now granted, post 17 is only two posts down and he does go into players.

However, post 17 reads weak to me. Firstly, his Anti spoiler doesn't really go into detail about his post or what he's trying to sort. Asking someone their thoughts on the game when they posted their thoughts is redudant.

His Lycan analyzation is also confusing me because it's evident Lycan is town reading him. I sincerely doubt he couldn't comprehend it so asking for clarification is another redudancy.

Moving to Hamm, barren wasteland of a spoiler, might as well not have included it.

Umlaut spoiler does nothing but say he wants to dick around till N_M makes content.

His thing on me, and this is where I hate myself for it, I like him for saying he liked my beginning post :/

Edos, the only thing of real meat in his spoilers and its a little dance, a tease to content and we'll have to wait another day before he spits out what is bothering him about Edos.

Socrates, read Hamm.

Spoiler: Edosurist
    One of the reasons I think Edos was so quick to call me town was because he saw my play in Fat Boy Mafia, like literally a week ago. In that game, I could obv town easy because I made beautiful posts like so:
    viewtopic.php?p=9099102#p9099102
    Anyway, I almost get the feeling he made that connection to my first post and the previous game.

As for his spoilers, admittedly I'm getting tired from writing but to go into it, going under the Lycan spoiler, he is digging Lycan for what is also making me scum read Lycan.

His N_M spoiler I can rehash about what I said to Umlaut.

Funnily enough, I'm having a hard time commenting on Edo's post because we are reaching the same conclusion and we share the lynch pool of ZZZX, and Lycan xD

Spoiler: Socrates
    First thing I'd like to say is to quickly discuss the thing I was talking about in the Anti part. I wished Socrates remembered Zefiend in DBZA as he started out talking about the dragon ball mechanics in the opening post and Music Box later rode the town cred to the end game.

As for his assessment of me, I think it was an overall fair assessment of me. What it does for me is make me think he doesn't know my alignment. He's waiting for further play to make judgements about me.

I do want explanation on why you voted Anti.
    Add to that why Anti and umlaut are not with NM.
    “To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
    "Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
    Socrates
    Socrates
    Mafia Scum
    Socrates
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Post by Socrates »

Lurking is going to be an issue in this game, and the fact that individual posts are necessarily going to be longer than normal makes it so that drafting up a post will take more time, which is going to exasperate the problem, at least for me.

ZZZX hasn't contributed much, but I don't yet see a direct scum angle that he would be working toward other than trying to burn posts as an excuse to hang back.

ZZZX: Are you an alt? Because this is my fourth game back after a 6 year hiatus, before your account was even registered. You might be thinking of Aristophanes.
    In post 18, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote: Socrates, read Hamm.
    This was in the ZZZX spoiler, but I'm assuming that was just an accident.

As I said, I can see where Hamm is coming from about when it comes to scum manipulating the player pool to push out the ones with the most words, even though I don't think it's the right approach. Other than that, her statements about other players were mostly safe, with nothing that truly raises an eyebrow, but it's no sin to, upon consideration, find oneself agreeing with the consensus. My read on her slot will be heavily predicated upon how she handles her next few posts, but I won't specify yet what I'm looking for because it would render the opportunity wasted.

---
    First thing I'd like to say is to quickly discuss the thing I was talking about in the Anti part. I wished Socrates remembered Zefiend in DBZA as he started out talking about the dragon ball mechanics in the opening post and Music Box later rode the town cred to the end game.

As for his assessment of me, I think it was an overall fair assessment of me. What it does for me is make me think he doesn't know my alignment. He's waiting for further play to make judgements about me.
    Well, lets be clear here: I never at any point townread Zefiend in that game, and in fact he was one of the three players I had issues with due to the way he handled the beginning of that game. There are key differences in his behavior and yours, though: his big numbers post was around 3 pages into the game, and there were plenty of things that were going on for him to be able to comment on, yet didn't, while yours was the first game-post of this entire game.

Secondly, his strategy talk was exclusively about hypotheticals for the night game and had nothing to do with the day game. Whereas yours was about how to handle the day game and I've already talked about how I sense a pro-town angle to your approach. Third, Zefiend himself admitted that he was really just stalling when I brought up the possibility. I am of course going to be watching to see whether you proceed to coast.
    I do want explanation on why you voted Anti.
    Add to that why Anti and umlaut are not with NM.
    This is another way that this game's structure is probably going to cramp my style even though I tend to be a low volume poster. I like to poke, see the reactions to my poke, and then elaborate. I wanted to see Anti respond himself so I could see where his insecurities lay, but it's been a day and the lurking pressure of this game makes it hard for me factor timing into the equation.

Anti's townread on NM felt shallow and overly premature in a way that seemed to clash with the way he talked down Edo's quick townread on you (and I remind you that he townread him before NM made , the source of your own read on NM.) It read to me like the words of scum who saw low-hanging fruit and is choosing to back off and let the town fall on it all on their own. And talking down your post is fine, but he did it in a very easy, generalized way that is not necessarily alignment indicative either way, regardless of how you feel about it personally.

He wouldn't town-read his potentially lynch-bait partner so quickly, and Umlaut would not come out of the gate seriously pushing a policy lynch on his partner. If they were buddies, I would expect him to voice the idea, but not put his money where his mouth was.

---

It occurs to me to note that Lycan voted ZZZX with an demand that he post, yet said nothing of the sort about me. In the back pocket that observation goes.

I will be sure to remind Edo to come back to that. Otherwise my only issue is him keeping his vote on NM purely for lack of reason to move it elsewhere. I share Gin's concern about NM being a 'safe' place for scum to park their vote early, but I can't deny that I will be watching NM with a close eye myself. I actually think his presence is a positive influence on this game, because he has already been a catalyst for discussion.
    Nexus
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    Nexus
    He
    miss
    miss

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:06 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.1:

Not_Mafia (3)
    - TheRealGin-N-Tonic, Edosurist, Umlaut
    Edosurist (2)
    - Not_Mafia, Prof Hamm T Smiggles III
    ZZZX (1)
    - Lycanfire
    Antihuman (1)
    - Socrates

Not voting (2)
    - ZZZX, Antihuman

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is in 10 days, at 6am BST on Sunday 7th May 2017 (expired on 2017-05-07 06:00:00).
    Edosurist is v/la until 30th April.

Posts Today
    Spoiler:
    Antihuman1
    Lycanfire1
    Prof Hamm T Smiggles III1
    Umlaut1
    Not_Mafia3
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic2
    ZZZX2
    Edosurist2
    Socrates2
    Lycanfire
    Lycanfire
    Mafia Scum
    Lycanfire
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 14, Socrates wrote:I briefly considered lying about my restriction to surprise the scum come lylo (I like gambits, Gin and Lycan can probably attest to this), but it probably wouldn't benefit me much and I'm probably going to want to use these posts anyway.
    What you did in DBZA wasn't much of a gambit of more of a forcing move to leash the SK. We the scum team 100% believed the doc claim. Admitting to considering sneaky behavior doesn't earn you towncred and speaks about your mind set.
    In post 16, Edosurist wrote:I have no real problem with this.
    Low (no) effort scum post
    In post 16, Edosurist wrote:Legit question: Is this sarcasm?
    Legitimately a good vote
    In post 16, Edosurist wrote:I also don't understand why you wouldn't want to give your history with the other players.
    For the same reason I don't feel like sharing a sort pool on my first post. I already know who I've played with or observed. A fair few of these people don't know me. I'm more than capable of keeping these players in mind but I'm certainly not showing my hand on post 1 when we're in a modified RVS-feeling-each-other-out phase. That's an easy vomit-inducing way to railroad discussion on the most weakly perceived player before I get what
    I
    want out of this phase.
    In post 17, ZZZX wrote:I didn't get your posts about NM, Are you town reading him? Scum reading him? Hate reading him? Can you try to rephrase it somewhat
    I'm NMreading NM
    In post 18, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Honestly, I dont want Lycan alive at the moment from his post 13.
    I'm still here you know :roll: you're doing a lot of talking about me and a lot less talking to me. From being someone in your sort pool you aren't trying hard to engage me.

played with

Umlaut
    Not_Mafia
    TheRealGin-N-Tonic
    ZZZX
    Socrates

spectated
    Antihuman

no
    Edosurist
    Prof Hamm T Smiggles III

sortpool {zzzx, socrates, edosurist}

VOTE: Edosurist

I don't like how he agreed to everything Gin said in his post while simultaneously making a non RVS vote
    In post 10, Umlaut wrote:Until I have an actual strong scumread elsewhere and/or he towns up a lot, I am going to advocate his lynch.
    hope to see you do some scumhunting some time before may
    Umlaut
    Umlaut
    Jack of All Trades
    Umlaut
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I know it's awful to prod-dodge with a finite number of posts, but I'm way overdue for a prod and lacking the energy to wall. If I don't make a real post tomorrow you should all get on my case about it.

I'll at least give a few bullet-points rather than just saying "prodge" and running away:
    • Socrates' point about TRGNT making life harder for himself if he were scum is well-received. On consideration I'm willing to give him a few points for this.
    • On that note, I'm liking Socrates' entry. His perspective is different enough from mine to be useful to me while also being easy for me to understand.
    • Not so much liking Lycan's and ZZZX's entries. Of the two I find Lycan worse, and in particular I feel like he's looking for a safe position on the NM thing. He's simultaneously calling his presence "a mockery of this game," criticizing my vote on him (but not anyone else's), and giving kind of a non-answer to ZZZX's followup request for a read there (while not at all chiming on on the PL proposal).
    • Re. "should we really policy-lynch?" Well, I don't know, but I think it's at least worth considering as a fallback plan if we can't reach a consensus. I've never actually seen NM's later town play, so I have to take it from TRGNT that he can be useful later if he's town. I will come out and say I don't think he's more likely to be scum than anyone else, but I despair of ever getting an actual read there.
    • I note that Socrates and TRGNT are a bit at odds on their reads of Antihuman. My first impression was closer to TRGNT's, but I am taking Socrates' points seriously here as well.
    At the moment TRGNT and Socrates are my top candidates for town, and if I had to choose a lynch now it would be either Lycan or Not_Mafia.
    “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
    and the other kind,
    ’ and those who
    don’t
    say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
    Not_Mafia
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Not_Mafia
    Smash Hit
    Smash Hit

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Edo+ZZZX
    ZZZX
    ZZZX
    Survivor
    ZZZX
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Post by ZZZX »

@sorc maybe I messed something up. I still remeber your name but a quick search shows there is no way we played together, huh weird

Also

NM is mafia, He didn't interact with me. I am ready to waste a post to vote him.

VOTE: Not Mafia

Also we need to decide on things faster for this game, And no I am not great with walls this early. Anything more than what I said will be fluff thats pointless. So yea.
    redacted

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”