Micro 719: For Us [Endgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1598, GuyInFreezer wrote:Actually I dunno how I became an universal townread
Because morph willed it.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1595, mastina wrote:
In post 1585, JaeReed wrote:She's done it before in the past and it freaked me out because she claimed it IN PREGAME and I was like "I'M GOING TO LOSE YOU NOW WHY DID YOU CLAIM IT?"
So... Even if we were bulletproof. I'm pretty sure she would have wanted to claim it. xP
I actually don't remember that. :shifty:
http://www.pnewman.net/shelter/viewtopi ... 054#p72054
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1596, JaeReed wrote:I really actually liked playing with a lot of the older players though and watching how you all interacted together. Thanks for a fun game and learning experience! <3
It did feel like a blast from the past for the most part. <3
Thoroughly enjoyed it and I loved playing with my girlfriend. <3
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1597, Cabd wrote:Highly rec reading the hoods too.
By which you mean reading the hood which is half the game's total length. :P
(The other hood isn't too impressive, I looked.)
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

The thread doubled after I joined.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1603, mastina wrote:(The other hood isn't too impressive, I looked.)
The sad thing is had they engaged us there we would have been townreading them maybe.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by mastina »

Oh right that. :P
I really am kinda transparent with my gambits I guess.

Always saying something half-true yet with an element of not-true.
Almost a signature style by this point. <3
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

Okay, at first this setup was a lot more breakable, but then FA helped me tone it down a bit. Like a lot. RC didn't do much in the process but he helped me come up with a mechanic and that's fun!

Also, huge thanks to nancy for helping this go smoothly while I was on vacation. :]

--

Irina: Irina used to be a 1-shot Neighbourizing Easedropper, however FA had concerns about the integrity of the role. She wanted me to check in with RC about it and I did, RC just didn't like how powerful it was. He didn't like the idea of a PT Cop either. So I had 2 solutions, a 1-shot Rolestopper to combo with the 1-shot Roleblocker or, well, the Hydra Cop. I really couldn't come up with a better name for it at the time, but hey, you make do what what you can come up with.

In general the hydra mechanic is something I'm somewhat proud of and I wanna find new ways to use it. I think I found the next step :]

Karasuma: This used to be a gunsmith but got cut down to a 1-shot Roleblocker to weaken the power. Stil fits the flavour, nothing much here to say.

Overall that was a role I was somewhat comfortable designing since I'm familiar with the flavour. Marriage powers are really simple. PT Cop upgrade for Irnia, and Full Roleblocker powers for Karasuma, nothing with too much thought developed behind.

--

Doomguy and the BFG9000: This was a fun role to design. First I drafted the power names, I didn't really know what they would do at first. I'd figured I could just come back to it with a better picture of what the setup was and proceed from there. First it was origonally a PR with just a lot of different abilities. But then I did some research and I came up with better ones that affected the game overall. For example, Pistol was a fairly weak ability with little impact (because it was a pistol). Chainsaw was an ability that was meant to cut down on spamposting. Chaingun due to how quickly those fire, was a 1-shot self-motivator. Rocket Launcher due to splash damage would reveal neighbourhoods. That only made sense to me. Plasma Gun I came up with the Sane Investigation because it's a fairly weak weapon in my opinion, but it's decent? So there. And Shotgun was something that came to mind when you shoot someone with it, and they become unrecongizable, but somehow still live? Eh, it was crazy. Unmaker is a weapon that can only be used on Aliens. So naturally it was loyal, and stopped any town lynches. The BFG9000 was meant to be the strongest thing in the game, and it was. It was a Parity Cop. That's pretty strong for a Micro especially endgame. This was fun to design.

--

Orpheus: This is probably my favorite role to design for this game. I loved writing the flavour for it, and I loved how it turned out. Like, it just looks super town to me, though I kinda dreaded the thought of having to write poetry for this. Atleast 2 people roleblocked it :D But either way, I'm kinda sad this role didn't get to it's full potential. It didn't need a fakeclaim, it could just claim it's real abilities and be done with it.

Eurydice: Since Irina was origonally a 1-shot Neighbourizing Easedropper, the Neighbourizier here was meant to counter that. Give it some investigative power and bam decent scumrole.

Upgrades are also fairly self explanitory. But this role is kinda perfect just by itself so there was uncentive to not get the marriage upgrade, because what would result from it would look scummy.

--

Yandere: This was another favorite role to design and perhaps probably the strongest thing town had? It's really busted, but really limited to one target. But it didn't used to be a Seraph Knight. It used to be a Day 1 Doctor. And then FA was like "You should make it a Seraph Knight." OKAY LETS DO THAT. But yeah, loved writing the flavour for this, loved the design overall, but I think it's a little too busted along with marriage upgrades.

--

The Power of Love: This was origonally a Fuser that could temporarly give Marriage upgrades to someone. Except that was busted. So it became a Macho Friendly Neighbour. And mastina annoyed me with the BP claim but hey, that's proper play.

--

Sayaka Miki: At this point, FA was like "If you wanna keep the investives the way they are, you should give scum a Ninja." So I gave them a Strongman AND a Ninja. At first Sayaka was just an Amnesiac PT Cop. But then FA was like "That's really weak power for scum, make it a rolecop" so I did. The claim overall still looks Towny.

Kyouko Sakura: This is the Ninja with a Loud Fruit Vendor that I shamelessly stole from mastina. YOU HEAR THAT MASTINA? SHAMELESS! Tho tbh, I don't think the Loud Fruit Vendor would look towny if you really thought about it. It was mostly something that would be like "Just in case you get tracked, you get to give the tracker a result of you going somewhere so the Tracker doesn't get wierded out on why you went nowhere in a Role Madness game."

If these two got married, then I could see this marriage buff just carrying them for the rest of the game along with Orpheus and Eurydice.

--

Buffy Summers: OKAY NACHO AND TAMMY I REALLY FEEL LIKE I FUCKED UP WHEN IT COMES TO DESIGNING THIS I'M SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME :(
But this was origonally a motion detector and a BG, I could have kept it that way except I felt like there was too many investives. So I cut it down to just the BG. The marriage upgrade is something I'm proud of and works for this tho, FA had the idea of penalzing ywall for shooting town so...

Angel: Yeah, I really don't like doctors, and I think they're a bit strong? I like BGs and Jailkeepers better. And with the flavour I guess this fits.

Overall I feel like the flavour and the marriage upgrades work for this.

--

Kevin: Around here I was starting to run out of options, so I just gave them something wierd like a Gladiator and made it weaker. It's also really easy to turn it into a Kingmaker so...

Nazz: Just wierd running out of options here. Don't mind me.

--

Jason: This came out well, though I was kinda struggling what to do with it first, but the way it came out it was just fine. Was origonally an Element Cop upgraded into a Flavour Cop along with the Element Cop, but was switched around.

Medea: Same thing. Just a much more reflexcive role more then anything.

--

And yeah, that's about it.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

Should I mod more of these?
Or make them bigger? Or keep them Micro Level?
GTKAS
| here.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Well alisae you called my role a bitch.
I think that's all that needed to be said.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1607, Alisae wrote:And mastina annoyed me with the BP claim but hey, that's proper play.
Well that's my job. :P
<3
This is the Ninja with a Loud Fruit Vendor that I shamelessly stole from mastina. YOU HEAR THAT MASTINA? SHAMELESS! Tho tbh, I don't think the Loud Fruit Vendor would look towny if you really thought about it.
I KNOW.
And yeah, given the presence of the friendly neighbor, the loud fruit vendor waaaaaaaas a bit of a scum power. :shifty:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1608, Alisae wrote:Should I mod more of these?
Or make them bigger? Or keep them Micro Level?
I loved playing in them. <3
If I had a hydra partner who would play with me as a consultant (because with my current business levels that's all I can manage, I can't properly be a full-on solo player) as Jae was essentially doing this game in spite of us wanting to play together, then easily I'd play in another game of any size. <3
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Feedback for SoD:
I wasn't sure my case on the problems with your read/case on Jaestina was a case for them being scum. Nacho talked me down some on that part of my read. I think if you guys had been active enough not to get PoE'd my concerns with your Jaestina push would have gone away. And that would have opened the door for my infamous paranoia.

Same applies to DG/TRH - HS you had a good start in our neighborhood and I think you could have held onto it, especially after the replacement, if you could have stayed more active in the game.

I totally understand just not being up to playing scum sometimes though. I've been there!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1609, GuyInFreezer wrote:Well alisae you called my role a bitch.
I think that's all that needed to be said.
I am glad you enjoyed your role. :]
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Do more!

And the roles you gave us were fine, especially the Nazz one. Spot on.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Cabd »

I think a lot of my thoughts about imbalance would have been different with a different distribution of the players in each role. it just so happened that the townies players were able to block up day AND night AND in private.
Show

Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

I'm not really a fan of the role madness archetype. Not sure why I keep signing up for them :neutral:
nah
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

Atleast it's better then Railgun
GTKAS
| here.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Role madness is p fun and hyped
Until day 1 starts
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1617, Alisae wrote:Atleast it's better then Railgun
Is game?

yes--->probably better than railgun
no-->still somehow probably better than railgun
Show

Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

I would like to play more with everybody on this playerlist, and both mods.
nah
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Clumsy »

In post 1614, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Do more!

And the roles you gave us were fine, especially the Nazz one. Spot on.
I thought your role was so cute! This was a fun game to play in.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by mastina »

Incidentally the game would prolly have been a bit harder for the town if we had lynched the other scum D1. Sword's role was a little bit detrimental to them; the ninja/strongman combo is what they needed to stand a chance. (Not that it would have done all that much since the entire town townblocked butstill.)
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by MariaR »

This was a really fun game let's do this more
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1615, Cabd wrote:I think a lot of my thoughts about imbalance would have been different with a different distribution of the players in each role. it just so happened that the townies players were able to block up day AND night AND in private.
^That.
Balance was fine; roles were fine.

It's just that this combination of town against this combination of scum was so magical that we couldn't help but crush. <3

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”