Micro 724: Scumhunter's Speed: 9 Players (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Umlaut »

Since RC and TheBrie have both failed to answer direct questions about what the case on me actually is, I'll quote GreyICE's reasoning.
In post 91, GreyICE wrote:Calling me and Hiraki TvT was shallow. Even if we buy she was commenting on the back-and-forth she didn't say much about which one of us she believed. It betrays a lack of reading the thread. The "reasons" on Itle were tenuous, and her vote is therefore a non-vote. It's basically saying "I'm trying not to make waves" since she's not scumhunting or adding to an existing case. It looks like bandwagoning scum to me. Nothing since has changed that in the least.
That's it. It's because I made a low-effort post.

TheBrie has asked RC to explain his vote, been ignored, and then decided she's ready to lynch me, all without even saying so much as "I agree with the case." It's just hey, I guess Umlaut is the lynch, I can go with that. That's enough to make me think she doesn't care who gets lynched today.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:31 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Official Vote Count
Umlaut
(3): Maxous, GreyICE, RadiantCowbells
L-2

itlepip
(1): Hiraki
Hiraki
(1): BTD6_maker
TheBrie
(1): Umlaut
skitter30
(1): itlepip

Not Voting
(2): TheBrie, skitter30

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-06-30 15:02:43)
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Prodding Hiraki. He has (expired on 2017-06-29 11:14:38) to respond to his prod or he will be replaced.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 117, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh I'm shitloads confident in my ability to scumhunt but when you have fucks like BTD6 who demonstrably don't give a shit as town and pretend to not give a shit as scum they are getting lynched, top priority. I don't win through scumreads, I win through townreads. I've been wrong once on a strong townread since 2015 and that was versus someone who knows me extremely well and whom I'd never seen as scum.

I've seen enough games where I got lynched and people ignored my reads that I'm putting my foot down here. I'm not dealing with this crap.

I would expect that given your relationship with LLD that you would know better than suggesting a policy lynch on me for having a good scumgame.
Advocating my lynch today for no reason other than what you think I play like is not pro-Town at all. Indeed, you have tried before to strongarm a lynch on me, refusing to give reasons but reiterating that I am scum whenever I asked you to give reasoning.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:07 am

Post by GreyICE »

Hey BTD6, the best way to dispel allegations that you're scum and/or a bad player is to make your posts about something other than whether or not you're scum and/or a bad player. After enough time where those are the only subjects people read about in your posts they'll naturally assume you possess both traits.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Umlaut »

BTD, literally no one is voting you right now.

How about saying who you think is scum?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:00 am

Post by Maxous »

He's certainly on my lynch-list now though.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 am

Post by TheBrie »

^agreed

I think that Grey is town now, but I'm becoming less confident about Umlaut being scum. I got to admit his argument against me isn't very bad, though he could probably pay more attention to several other people.

And that argument is wrong. I was willing to vote Umlaut because he was one character I could see a case against. I feel like not enough has gone on to form good reads.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Umlaut »

It's getting close-ish to deadline and the general activity level has been really low. I'm really put off by the fact that, while half the town has said they're willing to vote me, only one player (GreyICE) has actually said they scumread me.

Want to lynch: {TheBrie}
Happy to lynch: {itlepip, Maxous}
Reluctant to lynch: {BTD6_maker, RadiantCowbells}
Don't want to lynch: {GreyICE, Hiraki, skitter30}
  • GreyICE and Hiraki have contributed the most actual analysis of anyone here.
  • skitter30 may not be pushing the game forward so much, but she does have some contributions of her own. I also notice she asked me a question earlier (that I will answer now that I've seen it), and I like that she's trying to double-check her reads.
  • BTD and RC are both playing pretty much the way I expect them to play as town. They're hard for me to read but I don't want to lynch them just for that.
  • itle and Maxous haven't really done anything at all, and unlike with BTD I don't have the meta to expect that from them. Itle comes off the worse here because I've played with town!itle once and he was one of the better players in that game. (Pretty sure we nightkilled him first, actually)
  • TheBrie's signal-to-noise ratio is abysmal and she's transparently willing to lynch me for no other reason than that's where the wagon is. She dropped her suspicion of GreyICE as soon as it became inconvenient.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 114, skitter30 wrote:@Umlaut: What do you think about your wagon right now, especially Grey's push on you?
I guess I accidentally did answer this: I'm disconcerted that most of the wagon hasn't bothered to even say
that
they think I'm scum, let alone
why.

I sort of understand Grey's push on me, since there wasn't much else to latch onto at the point he started making it. But clearing itle based on the assumption I'm scum is just bad play.

Also, from the mechanics of the game we can assume there's at least one scum off my wagon right now, waiting to quickhammer.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Hiraki »

No interest in umlaut
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Umlaut »

@GreyICE:
Given that I flip green, who are your top suspects?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Hiraki »

I am inclined to agree on TheBrie, not 100% on that one
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@RC/Grey: I don't really like know RC's meta or anything, but I feel uncomfortable with the idea of policy-lynching someone the day before LYLO because he hadn't found scum yet. Like, everyone is allowed to have a bad game, and while I understand that Grey might be worried that if RC is still around at that point, he might be scum, I feel it's premature to suggest a policy lynch today, especially since he isn't apparently scumreading him?

Like, if you're concerned about it at that point, feel free to pursue it then, but I think it's too early to propose this now. And this sort of thing apparently happens to RC a lot whatever his alignment and he doesn't like it, so yeah, don't like the idea on principle :/

@Umlaut: Your wagon is kinda weirding me out because besides for like GreyIce, people just seem happy to let it happen. It's too . . complacent almost? I dunno if that's the right word, but it's kinda strange. I don't like this wagon anymore :/

I disagree with you on TheBrie though. I see her asking questions in an attempt to form reads, like with RC earlier. I also see her reevaluating her reads, like with GreyIce; after she understood the strategy of this particular setup, she was less suspicious of his L-1 comment.

VOTE: BTD6

He's only popping in to complain about the fact that people dislike how little he seems to be contributing . . . which does little to dispel the notion that people dislike how little he seems to be contributing.

I'm ok with itle as well.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Okay I definitely like Skitter.

2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:09 pm

{Skitter30}
{TheBrie, Maxous}
{Umlaut}
{GreyIce}
{Hiraki, itlepip}
{BTD6_Maker}

Skitter's been generally town and I really don't think that 138 is ever the way that scum reacts to someone suggesting a policy lynch on town. She doesn't attempt to use it as leverage to push either me or him, she just says it's dumb. She's also felt a lot more 'exploring' than like she's looking for stuff to push on and I like the way her reads have developed.

Maxous has been generally town as well. I wouldn't say I'm as confident in him as I am in like Skitter but I've had a strong gut townread and there's been a few posts that I've liked.

Brie I've played with before and have townread her pretty quickly and I'm like, pretty sure that she's town here as well? I've liked the way that her reads have developed, she feels mostly how she usually does, but I'm not quite at the point where I can confidently say that yeah she's town yet. There's some posts like 122 where I feel like there maybe should be something else there so I'm not okay calling her hard town yet.

I originally voted Umlaut because I TRed GreyIce and wanted to hit up a lurker but Umlaut has improved a lot and his reaction to the wagon feels genuine. In particular I feel like if he were scum he'd be more aggressively looking for a counterwagon, whereas instead he's more focused on sorting rather than pushing the people on him. He's taken some unpopular reads like TheBrie which I disagree with but I don't think it's something scum does in this position.

GreyIce has dropped a lot for me. I still like the stuff from before but it doesn't outweigh that some of his play recently has been weird in a bad way. He feels like he's trying to force things to happen in a certain way and that's not like super AI but I feel like he might be scum with some of the weaker/scummier players and is hard pushing to keep them alive. His defense of Itlepip sort of looks like it was a top-down I need a reason to townread this slot deal. And his push on me complete with weird out of place references to LLD and a refusal to back down makes me feel like he expects us to come to blows at some point and is trying to introduce the idea early.

Like I guess he could be town and I'm not ready to make this /the thing/ but he's dropped a lot.

BTD6 is shit

wrt Itle
In post 56, itlepip wrote:GI has a god tell on me so if he says I am town I am town. I think at least, it has been a while since I played with RP.

Actually he was wrong last time, but before that it was a godtell.
I'm going back to this a lot and this post is super triggering my scumdar.
I don't like how many qualifiers he has and there's a weird awkwardness to the post.
Like it feels like he's trying to defend himself based on GI while simultaneously open the door to back off of it if GI ends up scumreading.
Also feels like it could be a preemptive excuse for why GI would fuck up on that read if GI is scum.

Hiraki I'm used to you being super obvtown as town and you've done shit this game that I've liked.
If you're town I will townread you. go do stuff.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by TheBrie »

{RC, Skitter}
{Maxous}
{GreyICE}
{Umlaut, Hiraki, itlepip}
{BTD6}

I'm still inclined to see Grey as town, but not so certain.

I'm not sure why I TR RC, but I do. I've only seen him as town, but nothing seems off.

Skitter sounds alright. I've liked his recent posts.

Maxous is rather quiet, but seems okay.

Hiraki is quiet too, but has less substance, and I don't like his reads.

Umlaut and itlepip, I'm really not sure about. I'm a mixed null on them.

BTD6_Maker is not contributing, being defensive and generally scummy.

VOTE: BTD6_Maker
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 139, RadiantCowbells wrote:Okay I definitely like Skitter.

<3
In post 140, RadiantCowbells wrote: wrt Itle
In post 56, itlepip wrote:GI has a god tell on me so if he says I am town I am town. I think at least, it has been a while since I played with RP.

Actually he was wrong last time, but before that it was a godtell.
I'm going back to this a lot and this post is super triggering my scumdar.
I don't like how many qualifiers he has and there's a weird awkwardness to the post.
Like it feels like he's trying to defend himself based on GI while simultaneously open the door to back off of it if GI ends up scumreading.
Also feels like it could be a preemptive excuse for why GI would fuck up on that read if GI is scum.
This post was also bothering me a lot as I said earlier, especially since it comes immediately after GI implies he's willing to put itle at L-1 besides for set-up reasons. Like, why isn't itle concerned that someone who apparently has a godtell on him and now townreads him is willing to lynch him? He just seems largely unthreatened by the idea of GI putting him at L-1. He also utilizes GI's alleged godtell to just announce to everyone that he's town; it's almost like a crutch that he can use to prove he's town without actually showing us that he is. And he's said basically nothing since . . .

Upon rethinking this, I want to VOTE: itle. Both him and BTD6 are lurking, but this post by itle is like the weirdest post of the game and concerns me greatly, and I would appreciate it if itle would show up to talk to us about it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:19 pm

I mean I could do that I guess.

VOTE: Itlepip
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Brie if you don't want to do Itle I'd be down to go back on BTD6 though.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I'm not voting Itle until after he's had a chance to talk to us. However, I'm not adverse to getting on board. I always thought that post was weird, and Grey's explanation of the God tell, doesn't really help.
Show

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Post by Maxous »

Itlepip is probably going to flake , so not interested in a wagon there.

VOTE: BTD6_maker
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Post by Maxous »

Given the white flag rule I think it's fairly possible that the weakest scum member was just told to lurk it out and not give away interactions. As long as scum avoid a lynch for one day they can just cut them off.
I think that's what BTD is doing.
Maybe even itle I suppose.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Could somebody clarify the plurality lynches for me? By my current understanding, BTD6 will be lynched if thing remain exactly as they are until the end of the day.
Show

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 22, TheBrie wrote:
In post 19, Maxous wrote:VOTE: itlepip

I'll go with my gut here
That wasn't serious, right?
In post 31, TheBrie wrote:I can't see why itlepip's RVS was any differentvto anyone else. But whatever, I'm already voting you and it's still not serious.
In post 68, TheBrie wrote:But itlepip's posts about why Grey think's he's now are weirder.
which ultimately leads to TheBrie giving itlepip a leaning scumread - not for any scumtells

which is interesting, considering here are TheBrie's reads:
In post 141, TheBrie wrote:{RC, Skitter}
{Maxous}
{GreyICE}
{Umlaut, Hiraki, itlepip}
{BTD6}
which is also interesting, giving the previous -
In post 110, TheBrie wrote:So if Umlaut is scum, His partners are in Hiraki, Skittle and BTD6. Hiraki and BTD6 are less likely to be together and BTD6 is the scummier of the two.
Of course scum will also being trying to make associations less obvious, so we can't complete rule out them voting one another.
in which case skittle has been elevated to hard TR status because -
In post 141, TheBrie wrote:Skitter sounds alright. I've liked his recent posts.
this progression is not great at best but if you couple it with individual statements like:
In post 110, TheBrie wrote:So if Umlaut is scum, His partners are in Hiraki, Skittle and BTD6. Hiraki and BTD6 are less likely to be together and BTD6 is the scummier of the two.
Of course scum will also being trying to make associations less obvious, so we can't complete rule out them voting one another.
Umlaut actually voted for this and it isn't a bad vote - I find that something that scum do often these days is that they throw an assertion out there and then they reel it back in and say "well, that's just a possibility!!" - could just be me but here's where TheBrie engages this very passive behavior
In post 122, TheBrie wrote:If I understand Grey's reasoning behind lynching RC before lylo, it's because he's scared that RC might actually be scum. Which kind of makes sense, but doesn't seem worthwhile bringing up until then.
In post 145, TheBrie wrote:I'm not voting Itle until after he's had a chance to talk to us. However, I'm not adverse to getting on board. I always thought that post was weird, and Grey's explanation of the God tell, doesn't really help.
max next but SR here boys

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”