Micro 737: Chosen Mafia (Day 4)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 49, Keychain wrote:So to clarify - you think it's suspicious because it could be feigning a post restriction? I can see that.

However I think the actions he's taken and points he's made have been reasonably towny, regardless of whether he expressed them in pictures or words.

Yes, and fair enough.

Passing out now.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by tman2nd »

@Bulbazoor:
Expanding on Keychain's question, where you aware that PM was at L-1? If so, why did you put him there without announcing it?
In post 48, Gorny wrote:Yes I do think Dunn's posting is suspicious. I had considered asking if post restrictions was allowed or not based on the rules, but then realized, I might not get an answer from the mod either way. So I can't be sure. I've seen post restrictions before, but never saw a rule in a game allowing them or not, so you never know when someone is faking it.
I don't think you can have a post restriction in an open setup without it being part of the rules of that set up, because a post restriction is part of your role.
In post 49, Keychain wrote:So to clarify - you think it's suspicious because it could be feigning a post restriction? I can see that.

However I think the actions he's taken and points he's made have been reasonably towny, regardless of whether he expressed them in pictures or words.
What about what Dunn has "said" has been towny to you?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 51, tman2nd wrote:
@Bulbazoor:
Expanding on Keychain's question, where you aware that PM was at L-1? If so, why did you put him there without announcing it?
In post 48, Gorny wrote:Yes I do think Dunn's posting is suspicious. I had considered asking if post restrictions was allowed or not based on the rules, but then realized, I might not get an answer from the mod either way. So I can't be sure. I've seen post restrictions before, but never saw a rule in a game allowing them or not, so you never know when someone is faking it.
I don't think you can have a post restriction in an open setup without it being part of the rules of that set up, because a post restriction is part of your role.

As t the bolded: I've played games where post restrictions could be inflicted by a player onto another player (through the mod) and not mentioned in the rules if there was or was not a post restriction in game. So I can never be sure one way or the other.

Night.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by tman2nd »

In post 52, Gorny wrote:
In post 51, tman2nd wrote:
@Bulbazoor:

As t the bolded: I've played games where post restrictions could be inflicted by a player onto another player (through the mod) and not mentioned in the rules if there was or was not a post restriction in game. So I can never be sure one way or the other.

Night.
I don't think that would be an open setup. We know what all the roles in the game are. It's just Mafia, Vanilla Townies, and Chosen Townies.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 51, tman2nd wrote: What about what Dunn has "said" has been towny to you?
Mostly pointing out the contradiction in what you said regarding unannounced L-1 votes, in .
Being first to unvote away from L-1, twice, makes me feel like he's conscious of the possibility of a quickhammer.

Actually Dunn can you get more specific on what you're pointing out in ?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 28, tman2nd wrote:Scum who is quickhammering wouldn't be able to pretend that they didn't notice.
In post 33, tman2nd wrote:When LUV said this, I assumed it was because they hadn't noticed
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by Keychain »

:lol:
Are we going to play twenty questions so I can work out exactly what you mean? I'm up for that.

So he gave LUV a free pass for not noticing, despite saying that the point of announcing L-1 was that scum wouldn't be able to pretend they didn't notice?

That's what I'm seeing, at least.

Or more of a general "why is it okay to not announce L-1 when you don't notice" kind of thing?
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 am

Post by tman2nd »

In the first post, I'm talking about the reason why I'm not worried about someone being at L-1 if people know that that's the case.

In the second post, I was saying that the reason I hadn't voted LUV for putting someone at L-1 unannounced was because It seemed like they had already acknowledged that that had happened, so I didn't have any reason to push in that direction. With Bulbazoor, they put PM at L-1 didn't say anything, and still hasn't said anything about it.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Umlaut »

Official Vote Count 1.02

Bulbazoor
(3): , ,
PMysterious
(3): , ,
tman2nd
(1):

Not Voting
(2): ,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-08-24 06:37:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:21 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 42, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
@Mod: Request for Dunn to communicate using words.
At the moment I don't see anything that merits an adjustment to the rules.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 59, Umlaut wrote:
In post 42, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
@Mod: Request for Dunn to communicate using words.
At the moment I don't see anything that merits an adjustment to the rules.
:(
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:56 am

Post by PMysterious »

I do not see a problem with Dunn's pictures at the moment. The only problem I do have right now, is Bulbafake's lack of reasoning for his actions. Just one liners with some points, without going into detail.
In post 18, Bulbazoor wrote:VOTE: PMysterious
/
In post 44, Bulbazoor wrote:Dunn feels towny at the moment
And... that's it. No reasoning, no other addition to his thoughts, or anything of the sort. Right now, Bulbafake seems extremely suspicious and just bandwagoning on what was cool at the time.

(Also, random side note and to clarify, I did not see the RV against Bulbafake early on with my last post, so I thought it was L-2 after my vote. However, I'm still seeing him as scummy because of his lack of words.)
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 56, Keychain wrote:So he gave LUV a free pass for not noticing
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 57, tman2nd wrote: In the second post, I was saying that the reason I hadn't voted LUV for putting someone at L-1 unannounced was because It seemed like they had already acknowledged that that had happened, so I didn't have any reason to push in that direction. With Bulbazoor, they put PM at L-1 didn't say anything, and still hasn't said anything about it.
Gosh.

If all they have to do is acknowledge what they did to get you to leave them alone, what is the point in it at all?

Your decision to push Bulba instead of LUV makes no sense as a way to find scum. If anything, it's a policy vote, trying to pressure people for bad play.

Why does LUV acknowledging his unannounced L-1 vote make him less likely to be scum?

... And now I'm getting nervy about Dunn, because I feel like I'm making his points for him.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by tman2nd »

I guess LUV could be scum trying to sneekily put someone at L-1, but I didn't think that at the time. In fact, when Bulba made his L-1 vote, I initially just pointed out the L-1. I didn't really think to vote him until Jin did in . Since Bulba has still not responded to anything about all this, that's where I want to keep my vote right now.

@Dunnstral

So, have any conclusions based on the questions you've been asking me that you'd like to share?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Mod: v/LA until the 21st.

Acknowledged
- Um
Last edited by Umlaut on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

The answer to all of the questions regarding my l-1 vote: I hadn't seen that it was l-1 and hadn't been able to get around to responding until today. I also wanted to get some reactions from you guys. And now that I think I got enough, I'll UNVOTE:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 63, Keychain wrote:
In post 57, tman2nd wrote: In the second post, I was saying that the reason I hadn't voted LUV for putting someone at L-1 unannounced was because It seemed like they had already acknowledged that that had happened, so I didn't have any reason to push in that direction. With Bulbazoor, they put PM at L-1 didn't say anything, and still hasn't said anything about it.
Gosh.

If all they have to do is acknowledge what they did to get you to leave them alone, what is the point in it at all?

Your decision to push Bulba instead of LUV makes no sense as a way to find scum. If anything, it's a policy vote, trying to pressure people for bad play.

Why does LUV acknowledging his unannounced L-1 vote make him less likely to be scum?

... And now I'm getting nervy about Dunn, because I feel like I'm making his points for him.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:37 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

The wagons certainly provide a lot of material to analyse. In particular, I can analyse the scum motivations, if any, behind the L-2s and L-1s. I cannot do much at the moment, but I will certainly analyse when I get the time.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Gorny »

I'll admit, I don't have anything to add yet, other than following or commenting on the wagons on Bulbazoor and PMysterious. Though i am suspicious of Dunn for communicating solely by pictures from the 1930's.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by tman2nd »

So, I see Bulbazoor has explained himself. I'm going to still vote him because the unannounced L-1's are the most suspicious things that have happened so far. And yes, I know this applies to LUV and PM as well, but I only have one vote. I'll also echo that I would also like to see more substance from Dunn. Like I said in an earlier post, does he have anything to say based on the questioning he's given me for example?
In post 69, Gorny wrote:I'll admit, I don't have anything to add yet, other than following or commenting on the wagons on Bulbazoor and PMysterious. Though i am suspicious of Dunn for communicating solely by pictures from the 1930's.
When did you comment on the wagons?
Gorny
Gorny
Goon
Gorny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Gorny »

In post 70, tman2nd wrote:So, I see Bulbazoor has explained himself. I'm going to still vote him because the unannounced L-1's are the most suspicious things that have happened so far. And yes, I know this applies to LUV and PM as well, but I only have one vote. I'll also echo that I would also like to see more substance from Dunn. Like I said in an earlier post, does he have anything to say based on the questioning he's given me for example?
In post 69, Gorny wrote:I'll admit, I don't have anything to add yet, other than following or commenting on the wagons on Bulbazoor and PMysterious. Though i am suspicious of Dunn for communicating solely by pictures from the 1930's.
When did you comment on the wagons?

I did not. I meant comments that I might make if any.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Are you going to?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Secret Agent Jin was prodded.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Umlaut »

and...
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”